If Earth is rotating

• 155 Replies

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
Re: If Earth is rotating
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2015, 11:55:08 AM »
Try harder when dealing with a person of my superb genius logic.

The smarter you are the dumber you feel because you realize how much you don't know, scepti seems to think that he's the smartest man who ever lived which should say something about how smart he actually is.  I have seen scepti claim that the reason he believes what he does is because it's right, but the fact is that the only reason anyone believes anything is because they think it's right, that's what the word "believe" means regardless of weather it's right or not.  I would be willing to bet my life on the truthfulness of my beliefs like that the Earth is round and that the Mormon religion is true, but these things are debatable and I am sure that scepti is equity as confident that he is right about FET.  Confidence can not be considered evidence.
The only things' I'm absolutely correct about, 100% are: the Earth is not a globe and gravity is a lie.

And I am 100% sure that the Earth is round and that gravity is real, so clearly your certainly is not proof that you are right sense I am just as certain that you are wrong.
Yes but you don't count when you're up against me. You're not as smart and never will be. I can't even help you out. You are just too naive and gullible.

When you grow up again - "maybe" (and I say that more in jest than hope) something will hit home and make you realise just how naive you are. The only person that can help you is yourself - or someone at the top comes clean and spills the beans about the lies you've hung onto all your lives.

But you're an idiot scepti, this statement doesn't make any sense at all.
I don't expect anything would make sense to you unless it's from your masters. Keep consulting your hand me down notes given to you on a plate by pretend scientists.

If by hand me down notes you mean trigonometry, geometry and physics then okie dokie.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »

The smarter you are the dumber you feel because you realize how much you don't know, scepti seems to think that he's the smartest man who ever lived which should say something about how smart he actually is.  I have seen scepti claim that the reason he believes what he does is because it's right, but the fact is that the only reason anyone believes anything is because they think it's right, that's what the word "believe" means regardless of weather it's right or not.  I would be willing to bet my life on the truthfulness of my beliefs like that the Earth is round and that the Mormon religion is true, but these things are debatable and I am sure that scepti is equity as confident that he is right about FET.  Confidence can not be considered evidence.
The only things' I'm absolutely correct about, 100% are: the Earth is not a globe and gravity is a lie.

And I am 100% sure that the Earth is round and that gravity is real, so clearly your certainly is not proof that you are right sense I am just as certain that you are wrong.
Yes but you don't count when you're up against me. You're not as smart and never will be. I can't even help you out. You are just too naive and gullible.

When you grow up again - "maybe" (and I say that more in jest than hope) something will hit home and make you realise just how naive you are. The only person that can help you is yourself - or someone at the top comes clean and spills the beans about the lies you've hung onto all your lives.

I am willing to bet $100 that I am better at math then you and know more about RET then you.  No kidding.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2015, 04:58:17 AM »

The problem of it can be solved by simply having a plane flying 1000mph opposite the rotation and so negating that 1000 mph atmosphere. So now the Earth would be spinning 1000 mph one way and not dragging the plane with it because the plane has negated that.
Now if the plane kept the 1000 mph up, then realistically, it would be hovering above the Earth, yet showing a speed of 1000mph on it's clock.

Now try and jump up in the air on the back of a speeding pick up truck and tell me where you land and where that pick up truck is when you land.
One place you won't be is on the back of it when you do land.

Oh boy. As I've said before, I hope for your sake that you're a troll. However, I shall I take you at your word.

Your arguments all assume that there is an absolute rest frame of reference. Or, to put it another way, that there is a speed which can be defined as absolute zero. There is no known physical way of defining such a thing. Any non accelerating observer can claim to be at rest in their own frame of reference. When an airplane takes off its speed is measured relative to the airport it took off from, regardless of what direction it's travelling in. Its speed relative to the centre of gravity of the entire Earth doesn't mean a thing. You seem to think that the centre of gravity of the entire Earth is at absolute rest and that all moving objects will eventually slow down of their own volition until they are at absolute rest as well. People thought that in the dark ages.
You should have saved yourself the bother typing this garbage. And don't assume I'm thinking anything about gravity, when if you took notice, you'd know I don't believe in it.

Now address what I said in a basic way without using stupidity and we can deal with it. If not, then take a back seat.

You simply had no idea what I was talking about here so you threw your toys out your pram. You should stop digging yourself deeper and deeper. Seriously, you are making a total fool of yourself.
It's fairly clear that you don't have a clue. Merely reading up on velocity does not mean you know what you're talking about. That's clear when I'm talking about a bus and pressure. What's your velocity got to do with it.
Explain or sit back and put your slippered feet up and watch a genius at work who will wipe the floor with your globalist friends.

I flatter myself that I have done more than "read up" on velocity, I have a degree in physics. Pressure has nothing to do with it. You don't understand the simple concept that velocity can only ever be measured relative to another non accelerating observer. Acceleration on the other hand is an absolute measurement. In other words, it doesn't depend on the motion of the observer. This is why when you are in a train moving at a constant speed you feel stationary. However, if the train speeds up or slows down you can feel it. An airport on Earth is almost in a non accelerating reference frame, it is accelerating slightly due to the Earth's slow rotation. When a plane takes off it is moving away from the airport. Just as if you were on a train and took a walk you would be moving away from your seat. In the reference frame of the train you would measure the speed you were walking at relative to your seat, or the whole train. You wouldn't measure how fast you are walking relative to the Earth. It wouldn't matter if you walk up or down the train.

If you don't understand this, you pretend not to or you make a childish remark feel free to stick your head up your ass. I suspect it may already be there.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2015, 05:05:36 AM »

I am willing to bet $100 that I am better at math then you and know more about RET then you.  No kidding.
I'm willing to bet 1k that you are in your infancy compared to me on all matters like this.

Socratic Amusement

• An Exercise in Witty Exploration
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2015, 05:15:58 AM »

I'm willing to bet 1k that you are in your infancy compared to me on all matters like this.

Scepti, you've have difficulty with basic arithmetic that any child could easily understand. You have no claim to be any smarter than...well, anyone.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2015, 05:19:09 AM »
I flatter myself that I have done more than "read up" on velocity, I have a degree in physics. Pressure has nothing to do with it.
Pressure has everything to do with it. You can't have velocity without having pressure.
You don't understand the simple concept that velocity can only ever be measured relative to another non accelerating observer.
I'm talking about being inside a bus or a plane, not being in your apsce looking in or outside of your plane/bus looking into it. Understand this before you start tripping up over your own shoe laces.
Acceleration on the other hand is an absolute measurement. In other words, it doesn't depend on the motion of the observer.
Same thing, it's still pressure, only this pressure is never constant, as long as acceleration is evident.

This is why when you are in a train moving at a constant speed you feel stationary.
You may feel stationary inside of it but you are still under pressure, which is what we are dealing with.

However, if the train speeds up or slows down you can feel it.
Yes you can feel it because the train becomes more pressurised due to more acceleration and that pressurisation will only become constant, once the train stops accelerating.

An airport on Earth is almost in a non accelerating reference frame, it is accelerating slightly due to the Earth's slow rotation.
It's not accelerating at all. It's as still as the ground you walk on now, as long as their are no bombs going off in your vicinity or Earthquakes, etc. Nothing is rotating like you believe.

When a plane takes off it is moving away from the airport. Just as if you were on a train and took a walk you would be moving away from your seat.
It's moving away from your sight. That's not what we are dealing with. You've took this road for whatever reason. Maybe because you don't understand reality.

In the reference frame of the train you would measure the speed you were walking at relative to your seat, or the whole train. You wouldn't measure how fast you are walking relative to the Earth. It wouldn't matter if you walk up or down the train.
If the train is in constant motion then your body goes with that in that pressure.
If you don't understand this, you pretend not to or you make a childish remark feel free to stick your head up your ass. I suspect it may already be there.
I understand perfectly what I'm talking about. It's you that is twisting things to suit whatever needs you want it to suit, which has nothing to do with what I'm trying to educate you with.
Calm down and stop appearing vulnerable.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2015, 05:21:47 AM »

Scepti, you've have difficulty with basic arithmetic that any child could easily understand. You have no claim to be any smarter than...well, anyone.
Do you have anything to say or is this the best you can come up with?
Oh - hands out. Here's your rattle back - try not to throw it out in a tantrum.

Socratic Amusement

« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2015, 05:27:57 AM »

Scepti, you repeatedly have shown to not understand the basic formulas that millions, and I mean millions, of people use everyday in tangible, measurable ways, including velocity, acceleration, pressure, etc.

They teach these things to children. Yet you either ignore them completely, or use them so incorrectly as to be comical.

So no, I will bet you the entire GDP of America that any member of this website knows more about math than you, including mikeman.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2015, 05:40:48 AM »

Scepti, you repeatedly have shown to not understand the basic formulas that millions, and I mean millions, of people use everyday in tangible, measurable ways, including velocity, acceleration, pressure, etc.

They teach these things to children. Yet you either ignore them completely, or use them so incorrectly as to be comical.

So no, I will bet you the entire GDP of America that any member of this website knows more about math than you, including mikeman.
I take it that you are a child. Am I right?

Socratic Amusement

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2015, 06:34:35 AM »

I take it that you are a child. Am I right?

I learned math when I was a child, yes.

Let me take a wild guess. You were homeschooled?

« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2015, 07:53:37 AM »
I flatter myself that I have done more than "read up" on velocity, I have a degree in physics. Pressure has nothing to do with it.
Pressure has everything to do with it. You can't have velocity without having pressure.
You don't understand the simple concept that velocity can only ever be measured relative to another non accelerating observer.
I'm talking about being inside a bus or a plane, not being in your apsce looking in or outside of your plane/bus looking into it. Understand this before you start tripping up over your own shoe laces.
Acceleration on the other hand is an absolute measurement. In other words, it doesn't depend on the motion of the observer.
Same thing, it's still pressure, only this pressure is never constant, as long as acceleration is evident.

This is why when you are in a train moving at a constant speed you feel stationary.
You may feel stationary inside of it but you are still under pressure, which is what we are dealing with.

Yes you can feel it because the train becomes more pressurised due to more acceleration and that pressurisation will only become constant, once the train stops accelerating.

An airport on Earth is almost in a non accelerating reference frame, it is accelerating slightly due to the Earth's slow rotation.
It's not accelerating at all. It's as still as the ground you walk on now, as long as their are no bombs going off in your vicinity or Earthquakes, etc. Nothing is rotating like you believe.

When a plane takes off it is moving away from the airport. Just as if you were on a train and took a walk you would be moving away from your seat.
It's moving away from your sight. That's not what we are dealing with. You've took this road for whatever reason. Maybe because you don't understand reality.

In the reference frame of the train you would measure the speed you were walking at relative to your seat, or the whole train. You wouldn't measure how fast you are walking relative to the Earth. It wouldn't matter if you walk up or down the train.
If the train is in constant motion then your body goes with that in that pressure.
I understand perfectly what I'm talking about. It's you that is twisting things to suit whatever needs you want it to suit, which has nothing to do with what I'm trying to educate you with.

Either you genuinely believe the shit you are talking or you come here just to act like an idiot for fun. Either way you really are a fucking idiot. I wash my hands of you. I'm not dignifying the incoherent garbage you just spouted with a response. Are you genuinely proud of what you do in this place? I'm not responding to you in the future. You are one seriously fucked up individual.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2015, 09:24:22 AM »

Either you genuinely believe the shit you are talking or you come here just to act like an idiot for fun. Either way you really are a fucking idiot. I wash my hands of you. I'm not dignifying the incoherent garbage you just spouted with a response. Are you genuinely proud of what you do in this place? I'm not responding to you in the future. You are one seriously fucked up individual.
Good for you. I'm far too strong for the likes of you. You tried, I'll give you that. Don't respond to this, even though you will feel you have to. Try and stick to your principles. Never deal with people who you think are idiots because you will believe they will only drag you down to their level.
If you respond to this it means I control you. Don't show your weakness any further.
Nice chatting with you. In future try and learn stuff and maybe we can debate. Chow for now.  ;)

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2015, 08:12:52 PM »
Good for you. I'm far too strong for the likes of you. You tried, I'll give you that. Don't respond to this, even though you will feel you have to. Try and stick to your principles. Never deal with people who you think are idiots because you will believe they will only drag you down to their level.
If you respond to this it means I control you. Don't show your weakness any further.
Nice chatting with you. In future try and learn stuff and maybe we can debate. Chow for now.  ;)
I think this is definitive evidence that sceptimatic is a sociopath. What a dick. Sure makes him look really weak when falling back into emotional attacks. Maybe one day he'll realize how much of a failure all of his attempts at proving a baseless delusion was.

And it's chau, not chow. Idiot.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:16:50 PM by Jet Fission »
To a flat earth theorist, being a "skeptic" is to have confirmation bias.
Just because I'm a genius doesn't mean I know everything.

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2015, 01:31:22 PM »
I think this is definitive evidence that sceptimatic is a sociopath. What a dick. Sure makes him look really weak when falling back into emotional attacks. Maybe one day he'll realize how much of a failure all of his attempts at proving a baseless delusion was.

It astounds me he still believes he is on higher ground because of his arrogance. A genuine genius doesn't need to spout everyone that he is indeed a genious.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2015, 01:48:35 PM »

It astounds me he still believes he is on higher ground because of his arrogance. A genuine genius doesn't need to spout everyone that he is indeed a genious.
Well, let's be fair. I'm not dealing with intelligent people in the main. Some of you have a little bit of intelligence. Some of you can sometimes think of a few words that are actually from your own heads. Most of what you people type is simply google perusing - copy and paste. It gets tedious.

My genius deserves much better. I try to deal with those who have a thinking brain. You and your friends are being lapped in that department by those that can think.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 01:50:08 PM by sceptimatic »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2015, 01:55:11 PM »

Well, let's be fair. I'm not dealing with intelligent people in the main. Some of you have a little bit of intelligence. Some of you can sometimes think of a few words that are actually from your own heads. Most of what you people type is simply google perusing - copy and paste. It gets tedious.

My genius deserves much better. I try to deal with those who have a thinking brain. You and your friends are being lapped in that department by those that can think.

Lol!

Sorry mods, I will get back on topic...

LOL!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:36:48 PM by Rama Set »
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2015, 02:00:48 PM »

If someone didn't know you at all, and just read this statement, they would have figured that you are institutionalized.

After you die, you will be forgotten. All of your "work" will be disregarded. You will never be mentioned ever again. Someone may think of you, but then only chuckle at the magnitude of your delusion. If you open so much as a pinhole into the thick walls that you rationalize around your mind, you might actually learn something.

You know, inside, that we won.

We too can play your silly little games.

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2015, 02:12:39 PM »

If someone didn't know you at all, and just read this statement, they would have figured that you are institutionalized.

After you die, you will be forgotten. All of your "work" will be disregarded. You will never be mentioned ever again. Someone may think of you, but then only chuckle at the magnitude of your delusion. If you open so much as a pinhole into the thick walls that you rationalize around your mind, you might actually learn something.

You know, inside, that we won.

We too can play your silly little games.

I don't know why the Doctors who look after him let him loose on the internet. Maybe they think it will help him to work through his delusions.

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2015, 02:14:29 PM »

It's ciao, not chau. Idiot.  ;)
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2015, 02:14:40 PM »

Genius?

Don't make me laugh. You're a halfwit who barely understands basic science and engineering.

You've dodged questions on basic matter and pressure, or just plain got them wrong. Not once have you demonstrated any evidential understanding of anything of note.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2015, 02:16:19 PM »
It's ciao, not chau. Idiot.  ;)
Depends on where you're from though. Either way it isn't chow.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2015, 02:38:22 PM »
I'll talk to you people a bit later. Chow for now and don't expend too much of your time figuring out what it means.  ;D

The earth does not rotate. It is stationary. Try and understand this and a whole new world will open up for you.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »
I'll talk to you people a bit later. Chow for now and don't expend too much of your time figuring out what it means.  ;D

The earth does not rotate. It is stationary. Try and understand this and a whole new world will open up for you.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2015, 02:45:01 PM »
The earth does not rotate. It is stationary.

I mean, I'd also like an explanation for hurricanes, geostrophic flow... but we can start small.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2015, 02:49:43 PM »

Would that be the world of scientific illiteracy and failure......?
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2015, 02:58:26 PM »

This point of view only holds if you don't want to actually do anything.  If, however, someone is expected to produce some sort of prediction about the world, say weather forecasting, then you bet it rotates.  There is no measurable effect on a mug of beer is it is raised from the bar top to ones lips.

ausGeoff

« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2015, 03:38:03 PM »
I'll talk to you people a bit later. Chow for now and don't expend too much of your time figuring out what it means.

It always amuses me whenever sceptimatic makes a grammatical blunder (as he often does) and then tries desperately to cover it up by making out it's us who've misinterpreted what he said. 

"Chow for now"?  LOL.   How about "Ciao for now"  Chow is food sceptimatic.  Duh.  Ciao is Italian for goodbye.

I always love these little pearls of wisdom, and paternalistic advice;  "try and understand".  What a pity sceptimatic doesn't more often follow the advice he so freely offers to others on every one of these forums.

It's difficult to imagine that a guy who possesses thirteen academic qualifications, authored a dozen books, and holds numerous patents can be so ignorant of the basics of geophysics and astrophysics.  Not that we'll ever know what those alleged qualifications are, or the titles of any of the books, or what devices he's invented.

Why?  Because they all exist only in his fertile imagination.  And he's been unable to prove me wrong repeatedly LOL.

« Reply #117 on: February 24, 2015, 10:13:38 AM »
You are the latter, Scepti:

True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance.

You're so full of projection it is all rather sad to watch (though still very entertaining). You project your own failings at understanding science and the world around you onto others and make them out to be the idiots.

Your own shortcomings are obviously far too painful to admit to, thus your ridiculous assertions about being a genius who understands everything once you 'thought about it'.

Anyway, hopefully you'll admit your numerous erroneous assertions in this thread and bow out graciously (something I've only seen you do once before, despite it being a necessity with nearly every single post you make).

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #118 on: February 24, 2015, 10:18:50 AM »

True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance.

You're so full of projection it is all rather sad to watch (though still very entertaining). You project your own failings at understanding science and the world around you onto others and make them out to be the idiots.

Your own shortcomings are obviously far too painful to admit to, thus your ridiculous assertions about being a genius who understands everything once you 'thought about it'.

Anyway, hopefully you'll admit your numerous erroneous assertions in this thread and bow out graciously (something I've only seen you do once before, despite it being a necessity with nearly every single post you make).
You're entitled to waffle on as you wish. What you say does not change my thoughts in any way. As long as you always remember this, then everything is fine.

I don't know everything. I don't profess to know everything. My arguments are not about me knowing I'm correct on all I say about my theories. My arguments are about knowing for sure that the theories that you abide by are erronous at best and downright blatant lies at worst.

Anything from this point on is about figuring out the truth from the errors and the blatant lies. Not an easy thing to do but that's the game.

« Reply #119 on: February 24, 2015, 10:21:36 AM »

You're entitled to waffle on as you wish. What you say does not change my thoughts in any way. As long as you always remember this, then everything is fine.

I don't know everything. I don't profess to know everything. My arguments are nopt about me knowing I'm correct on all I say about my theories. My arguments are about knowing for sure that the theories that you abide by are erronous at best and downright blatant lies at worst.

Anything from this point on is about figuring out the truth from the errors and the blatant lies. Not an easy thing to do but that's the game.

Why as an ultimate genius now say this? Weren't you 100% sure everything is a lie? Now you are doubting your own arguments? Why the sudden shift of proving us wrong but never proving your own stuff right? Shouldn't you as a super-minded genius find simple ways to prove their theories right? In one thread you profess to know for certain what you say, then here you profess to not knowing everything.