If Earth is rotating

• 155 Replies
Re: If Earth is rotating
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2015, 12:24:06 AM »

The problem of it can be solved by simply having a plane flying 1000mph opposite the rotation and so negating that 1000 mph atmosphere. So now the Earth would be spinning 1000 mph one way and not dragging the plane with it because the plane has negated that.
Now if the plane kept the 1000 mph up, then realistically, it would be hovering above the Earth, yet showing a speed of 1000mph on it's clock.

Now try and jump up in the air on the back of a speeding pick up truck and tell me where you land and where that pick up truck is when you land.
One place you won't be is on the back of it when you do land.

Oh boy. As I've said before, I hope for your sake that you're a troll. However, I shall I take you at your word.

Your arguments all assume that there is an absolute rest frame of reference. Or, to put it another way, that there is a speed which can be defined as absolute zero. There is no known physical way of defining such a thing. Any non accelerating observer can claim to be at rest in their own frame of reference. When an airplane takes off its speed is measured relative to the airport it took off from, regardless of what direction it's travelling in. Its speed relative to the centre of gravity of the entire Earth doesn't mean a thing. You seem to think that the centre of gravity of the entire Earth is at absolute rest and that all moving objects will eventually slow down of their own volition until they are at absolute rest as well. People thought that in the dark ages.
You should have saved yourself the bother typing this garbage. And don't assume I'm thinking anything about gravity, when if you took notice, you'd know I don't believe in it.

Now address what I said in a basic way without using stupidity and we can deal with it. If not, then take a back seat.

I said centre of gravity. That's the point that an object will rotate around. I wasn't implying that gravity itself had anything to do with it. Don't even attempt to patronise me you ignorant fool. Most of my objections to what you say you simply ignore, when you do reply it's to make a childish remark. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You have no understanding of basic science. You have shown you have no grasp of the argument I was making.

If what I said was wrong then prove it. When people talk garbage on here, which is a lot, I take the time to explain why it's garbage. I try to remain as respectful and polite as is possible in the face of such absurdity as one encounters here.

You're a ridiculous obnoxious idiot. Either explain in detail why I am wrong or don't speak to me.
Come back to me when you decide to add some common sense and logic to that rotting brain of yours.

Come back to me when you have learned some elementary science. Come back to me when you can explain to me in an adult fashion why you disagree with me. Come back to me when you stop resorting to childish antagonism when you don't know how to respond.

You didn't even know what centre of gravity meant. You clearly have no grasp of the relevant issues and yet persist in having an opinion.

Rotting brain? Do you even have a brain you fucking idiot?

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2015, 02:35:35 AM »
Why do some people have an obsession with NASA?

If I jump up in the air do I land on the same spot?
yes you do, if you're doing it vertically from the ground. And thus proving a stationary Earth. Simple.

Now try and jump up in the air on the back of a speeding pick up truck and tell me where you land and where that pick up truck is when you land.

Try jumping up and down in an airplane. You land where you started, right? Same goes for the earth
You are in a sealed tin can in an aeroplane. It's pressurised.
Or a bus.
Same thing. It's pressurised.

You are seriously claiming that buses, and trains for that matter, are pressurised inside?

Im guessing that the open doors and windows somehow don't affect this pressurisation then?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2015, 07:17:50 AM »

yes you do, if you're doing it vertically from the ground. And thus proving a stationary Earth. Simple.

Try jumping up and down in an airplane. You land where you started, right? Same goes for the earth
Or a bus.

You are seriously claiming that buses, and trains for that matter, are pressurised inside?

Im guessing that the open doors and windows somehow don't affect this pressurisation then?
Of course they're pressurised inside.

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2015, 07:26:59 AM »

Or a bus.

How, typical amount please.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2015, 07:33:18 AM »

Or a bus.

How, typical amount please.
A typical amount at rest is around 14.7 psi - same as outside on a calm day.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2015, 07:34:02 AM »

Or a bus.

please explain why they have windows that can open.

I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2015, 07:36:16 AM »

Or a bus.

please explain why they have windows that can open.

To allow air to circulate.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2015, 07:39:21 AM »
And how do they maintain a pressurized cabin if their windows are open?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2015, 07:44:05 AM »

I think that scepti thinks "pressurized" means that it contains air inside of it regardless of the relative pressure between the outside and the inside.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 07:48:36 AM »
By simply being in atmospheric pressure. Or do you mean how do they maintain a constant pressure?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 07:50:26 AM »

I think that scepti thinks "pressurized" means that it contains air inside of it regardless of the relative pressure between the outside and the inside.
Here's two questions. Answer only yes or no to both.

1. Are you in a pressurised environment right now?

2. If you sit on a bus are you in a pressurised environment?

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 07:52:34 AM »

Oh, you're being semantic. The last great bastion of Flat Earthers. At least we know we won this debate now that you are playing word games.

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 07:53:02 AM »

Seriously, if Sceptimatic resorts to some sort of personal attack or that we use "common sense and logic" to the  bus windows example, I rest my case and really believe that scepti lost again.

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 07:55:42 AM »

1. I sure hope so.
2. I sure hope so.

It would suck to be in a vacuum.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 07:56:28 AM »

Oh, you're being semantic. The last great bastion of Flat Earthers. At least we know we won this debate now that you are playing word games.
Actually you've won nothing. If you think you have, then show me by stumping me on what I'm saying. I've only just started with the ultimate basics that people like you cannot comprehend because your head is rammed too far inbetween mainstream science's buttocks.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2015, 07:57:23 AM »

Seriously, if Sceptimatic resorts to some sort of personal attack or that we use "common sense and logic" to the  bus windows example, I rest my case and really believe that scepti lost again.
I've left you stumped. This happens because you have no ability to think logically.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 07:58:32 AM »

Yep, he did.

High five on crushing him again!

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2015, 07:58:51 AM »

Actually you've won nothing. If you think you have, then show me by stumping me on what I'm saying. I've only just started with the ultimate basics that people like you cannot comprehend because your head is rammed too far inbetween mainstream science's buttocks.

Answer a simple question. Do you believe that velocity is measured relative to the observer or is an absolute measurement?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2015, 07:59:31 AM »

1. I sure hope so.
2. I sure hope so.

It would suck to be in a vacuum.
Vacuums don't suck so forgive me if I don't pardon your attempted pun.

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2015, 08:01:52 AM »

I've left you stumped. This happens because you have no ability to think logically.

Citation needed, thank you. You are no one to simply state your opinion as a fact. If you are going to offend me, be prepared to receive retaliations.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2015, 08:02:32 AM »

Yep, he did.

;D..this is desperate. Fell at the first hurdle. One day, try and use your brain. You do have one. It's not just for following pre-programs.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2015, 08:03:48 AM »

Answer a simple question. Do you believe that velocity is measured relative to the observer or is an absolute measurement?
Velocity is velocity at whatever constant speed.

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2015, 08:04:33 AM »

Your reply doesn't answer what he asked.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2015, 08:05:22 AM »

Citation needed, thank you. You are no one to simply state your opinion as a fact. If you are going to offend me, be prepared to receive retaliations.
If you can get offended on here then you shouldn't be on here. Learn to use your basic logic and you'll do fine. You pretend scientists are a laugh a minute.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2015, 08:06:12 AM »

Your reply doesn't answer what he asked.
There isn't anything else to answer. The answer is simply what I put.

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2015, 08:08:10 AM »

What is velocity if you are not at a constant speed?  Does velocity vanish?  You should adjust the rules on your spam-bot, this construct is used far to often (Say(X is X); Say(bullshit)).

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2015, 08:09:06 AM »

Yes and yes.  How you figure out how much pressure is in a bus is inside pressure minus outside pressure, and both pressures are the same so the bus is not a presurized environment.  14.7 psi is a measurement of standard air pressure relative to a vacuum.  The reason why the equasion is what it is is because it outputs a force that is the net force that will be on the wall separating the two regions in question, which in this case are the inside of the bus and the outside of the bus.  The bus may contain air pressure, but it's not pressurized.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2015, 08:11:01 AM »

Yep, he did.

;D..this is desperate. Fell at the first hurdle. One day, try and use your brain. You do have one. It's not just for following pre-programs.

So is using semantics in a debate kiddo. Better luck next time.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2015, 08:14:38 AM »

What is velocity if you are not at a constant speed?  Does velocity vanish?  You should adjust the rules on your spam-bot, this construct is used far to often (Say(X is X); Say(bullshit)).
Velocity is just distance covered in whatever direction. What are you trying to prove here?
What has this got to do with a pressurised bus?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2015, 08:17:14 AM »

Yes and yes.  How you figure out how much pressure is in a bus is inside pressure minus outside pressure, and both pressures are the same so the bus is not a presurized environment.  14.7 psi is a measurement of standard air pressure relative to a vacuum.  The reason why the equasion is what it is is because it outputs a force that is the net force that will be on the wall separating the two regions in question, which in this case are the inside of the bus and the outside of the bus.  The bus may contain air pressure, but it's not pressurized.
The bus is equally pressurised at rest. This is what I've been telling you. Inside and out are equalised. This is the only time it will be like this.
The bus is still pressurised in a pressurised environment.