Baloons in space videos, proof?

• 10 Replies
Baloons in space videos, proof?
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:52:00 AM »
Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but I' ve been seeing some videos of baloons flying into space and noticed some interesting things...

here is one of this videos:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

1) At minute 3:41 notice the sun light spot on the clouds, looks like the sun is way closer than school told us.

2) When the comera spins, the sun spins together with the earth, but if it is 150000000 km away, it shouldn't.

What my brothers think?

Re: Baloons in space videos, proof?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 11:27:45 AM »

1) At minute 3:41 notice the sun light spot on the clouds, looks like the sun is way closer than school told us.
I've no idea what you mean.

2) When the comera spins, the sun spins together with the earth, but if it is 150000000 km away, it shouldn't.

whaaa?  You think if you spin a camera 360 degrees the sun should stay in the frame the whole time?  ??? ???
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 02:03:23 PM »
I can't tell if you're trolling or not. Maybe rephrase the question?
To a flat earth theorist, being a "skeptic" is to have confirmation bias.
Just because I'm a genius doesn't mean I know everything.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 03:40:11 PM »
No troll. Sorry for bad english.

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/5854/g5bna2.png
http://imageshack.com/a/img540/4273/SnkKoT.png
https://imageshack.com/i/idCoZS7gp

There's a more iluminated area on the clouds, "under" the sun's position. It's interesting because it's like it has a greater concentration of light on one spot, and it shouldn't be so, if the sun is 150 milion km away and is very big, should be light equal everywhere.
Maybe someone can explain this effect.

The other thing I noticed is if the sun is so far away, it shouldn't move together with the ground (earth), when the camera moves. Try to understand, you can test this effect with a cel phone camera, a table and a ball some meters away. Of course the sun would move with the camera, but suposing it is 150 milion km away, the land (closer to the cam) would be moving faster than the sun far behind.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 03:56:44 PM »
First, the area is brightly illuminated because the Suns rays are directly reflecting of that portion of the earth. The sun isn't concentrated at this one point it is just in direct line between the sun and you eyes. If you change position, this hot spot will still remain in direcline between you an the sun. You will see this effect whenever you are near the coast and the sun is low.

Second, the ground would only change position relative to the sun if the camera was changing position. In this case it is simply rotating and therefore you would expect the suns relative position to stay the same.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 03:58:16 PM by Mainframes »
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 04:00:43 PM »
How is the sun reflecting directly in that area? In a flat earth it its sure like that and normal... but how on a ball earth, on that camera's point of view, the sun would be reflecting direclty there? remember the sun is suposedly 150 milion kilometers away from the earth and from that camera.

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 04:06:58 PM »
The sunlight hits all parts of the side of the earth that is facing it. That light scatters in all directions. However the scattering is not totally random. A large proportion will reflect, in a similar fashion to a mirror, from the earths surface. Therefore when you look at the surface that is in direct line with the sun you will see a brighter area.
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 06:07:55 PM »
Good explanation. Don't disprove flat earth though.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 06:24:03 PM »
The video clearly shows the earths curvature...
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 04:34:31 AM »
the lens distorts it... horizon curves even when the baloon is low

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 02:02:34 PM »
the lens distorts it... horizon curves even when the baloon is low

The other things in the video display no "distortion".
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar