Proof that GPS is a satellite based system

• 206 Replies
Proof that GPS is a satellite based system
« on: February 10, 2015, 04:41:14 PM »
FEers have admitted that GPS is a real thing.  The claim, however, that it is just some land based system or it uses weather balloons or some such nonsense.  But it can be easily shown that GPS is using Satellites.  All one needs is a cell phone and a program to show the GPS status.  For example, on Android there is a free program 'GPS Status' that will plot all SVs in the sky and the signal strength coming from each SV.  The positions of the SVs can be verified to match the orbital predictions on web sites such as http://www.n2yo.com.  The satellite positions repeat daily with a 4 minute delay and they follow a precise path and move much to fast to be a weather balloon.

So at this point the FEer will say something like "Hog wash, the phone can easily know where to plot the positions of the fake satellites".  But here is the problem for that argument.  If one looks at their phone, they can see what satellites are tracked and which ones are not.  And if one is standing in an open area, pretty much all SVs will be tracked.  Then they can walk up to the side of a building and see that they loose tracking of all satellites blocked by the building.  There is just no way for the phone to be able to fake that information.  The signals are coming from the location predicted by orbital parameters, and there is no way a balloon can make that kind of trajectory with that kind of speed and exact repeatability of the position in the sky from day to day.

If you like, I can make a video to show exactly that.  Game over, again.

kman

• Pastafarian
Re: Proof that GPS is a satellite based system
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 05:31:30 PM »
You can also (If you wanted to or had the time) pore through the coding of a GPS based program that has an open source code and figure out exactly where the data comes from.

GPSSJIM, I love your profile pic.
Every time a crushing argument gets hurled at FE-er I can just imagine them gushing blood and claiming that "it's just a flesh wound"
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 05:33:47 PM »
You can also (If you wanted to or had the time) pore through the coding of a GPS based program that has an open source code and figure out exactly where the data comes from.

Every time a crushing argument gets hurled at FE-er I can just imagine them gushing blood and claiming that "it's just a flesh wound"
Or any GPS device. I may be able to disassemble one if you want, I'm good with those kinds of things.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 05:57:23 PM »

Or any GPS device. I may be able to disassemble one if you want, I'm good with those kinds of things.

That could be another good experiment to disprove FE. They'll just wiggle their way out of it, and call you a shill but it can't hurt.
If you have time free it sounds like a good thing to try.

I'd offer to also do it, but I have neither the time nor the expertise.
I'll talk to some tech friends and see if they know anything about the coding of GPS based apps that might refute claims of the "conspiracy"
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:01:23 PM by kman »
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 08:37:10 AM »
I think jroa claimed Satanists control the phone apps as well as the satellite hoax...and pretty much everything else.  Literally everything you see, touch or hear is controlled by Satan.  Even Mt Everest.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 08:55:31 AM »

I could easily provide an example of point positioning using GPS data, but I have a feeling not a single FEer would look at it.  It seems that ignorance is a prerequisite for FET.  But for grins, maybe I'll write it up anyway. 

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 05:56:41 PM »
I think jroa claimed Satanists control the phone apps as well as the satellite hoax...and pretty much everything else.  Literally everything you see, touch or hear is controlled by Satan.  Even Mt Everest.

Amateur Radio Operators and the scientists and astronomers at all the Astronomical Observatories in the world are in the list of Satanists, because they KNOW that the distance from the earth to the moon is about 250,000 miles and not as the flat-earthers who BELIEVE  the distance to be about 3,000 miles. Of course there is a long list of these Satanists....everyone other than flat earthers of course.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 01:24:41 PM »
Can't show you the code for obvious reasons, but I may be able to disassemble one of those GPS apps and disprove that "They track the stratolites". Also, the building thing is nice. My house isn't on google earth, yet those apps know it? Somehow they do, it seems.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 08:49:43 AM »
Still no FE evidence of how GPS works.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 03:07:38 PM »
wow, a little box says something so it must be true. sounds like you're getting desperate.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 03:10:18 PM »
wow, a little box says something so it must be true. sounds like you're getting desperate.
It says your exact location.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 03:11:59 PM »
Clever isn't it?  Find out how it works.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »
like you even know. you say that because you can't work out a way for a system to lie means it must be telling the truth. it just detects and responds according to a simulation. blindly following and believing a tiny box made by liars and thieves is foolishness.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 03:24:17 PM »
It says your exact location.
so i exist on the earth so it must be round? ha ha. pull the other one. if you think computers are unable to simulate behavior other than that they tell you about you're living in a fantasy world.

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 03:39:12 PM »
like you even know. you say that because you can't work out a way for a system to lie means it must be telling the truth. it just detects and responds according to a simulation. blindly following and believing a tiny box made by liars and thieves is foolishness.
Please explain how it works.  What simulation?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2015, 04:10:53 PM »
the simulation created to encourage the deception that the world is round. the same simulation that gives the positions of the satellites, and is able to interpret by your position how to behave.

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2015, 04:15:04 PM »
the simulation created to encourage the deception that the world is round. the same simulation that gives the positions of the satellites, and is able to interpret by your position how to behave.
How, exactly, does a GPS receiver know where you are?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2015, 04:16:19 PM »
what do you imagine the global positioning system is designed to do?

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »
Please explain how it works, a link will do.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2015, 04:21:20 PM »
waves from a high altitude. the mechanism doesn't change, satellites just aren't necessary. radio towers and balloons fill the role, and the box you worship just has a simple mathematical algorithm meant to simulate the role of satellites.

if you honestly think whatever a tiny box tells you is the complete truth, ask yourself why they haven't fixed it already. they've had years to create a box that can't be broken by walking into a building. the answer? they want to keep feeding you lies like this.
open your eyes.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »
waves from a high altitude. the mechanism doesn't change, satellites just aren't necessary. radio towers and balloons fill the role, and the box you worship just has a simple mathematical algorithm meant to simulate the role of satellites.

if you honestly think whatever a tiny box tells you is the complete truth, ask yourself why they haven't fixed it already. they've had years to create a box that can't be broken by walking into a building. the answer? they want to keep feeding you lies like this.
open your eyes.
Proof please of towers and balloons and how it works on and over oceans.  Link to design information.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 04:23:34 PM »

open your eyes.
How does a balloon transmitter know where the GPS receiver is?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 04:23:34 PM »

open your eyes.

Actually the fact it "breaks" when you walk into a building or go underground or into a tunnel supports the satellites. Or does your FM radio stop working inside buildings or in tunnels too? Are radios a hoax too?!?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 04:26:33 PM »

open your eyes.
Proof please of towers and balloons and how it works on and over oceans.  Link to design information.
changing the subject like a good little sheep. balloons are able to fly over oceans. towers are able to transmit waves. how can you be so blind?
i do not need to be an engineer to see its all bs. i doubt you could explain gps in the detail you're asking. the fact you accept a link from some paid off cheat is proof you've given up on logical thinking. i don't trust people who are only out for themselves and for cash. that puts me at a disadvantage, but it does not make me wrong.

i know it is not done by satellites because satellites do not exist. nasa are known to be fraudsters.

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2015, 04:28:30 PM »
www.gps.gov

And the Russian, Chinese and European systems?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2015, 04:29:59 PM »

open your eyes.

Actually the fact it "breaks" when you walk into a building or go underground or into a tunnel supports the satellites. Or does your FM radio stop working inside buildings or in tunnels too? Are radios a hoax too?!?
there you go, a quick fix they could use if they were serious about using it rather than giving you fake proof.

and great job there inquisitive, appealing to the liars. how is the fact i can't provide a detailed map of a system that is kept secret meant to mean you're not talking out your ass?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2015, 04:30:37 PM »

open your eyes.
g...p...s
global...positioning...system
try and read slowly now.

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »

open your eyes.

there you go, a quick fix they could use if they were serious about using it rather than giving you fake proof.

and great job there inquisitive, appealing to the liars. how is the fact i can't provide a detailed map of a system that is kept secret meant to mean you're not talking out your ass?
Just because you dont understand the specification in the gps.gov link does not mean it does not work.  Again, how does a receiver know its position, link to spec please.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2015, 04:36:28 PM »

open your eyes.
g...p...s
global...positioning...system
try and read slowly now.
Yes, the GPS receiver knows the position of the orbiting satellites and can then figure out where it is. The receiver would have to know where the floating balloons and towers are. Recievers can't update themselves. So those balloons couldn't move. Do you know any balloons that never move? 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2015, 04:40:08 PM »
You have floating satellites all over the Earth. They're called ships.