I don't understand why?

• 40 Replies
Re: I don't understand why?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 12:16:26 AM »
ok, than I have one question for u:

Why your shadow always remains on the groung till sundown?
If earth is round ball, your shadow must lift from the ground??

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 02:57:12 AM »
What does this even mean?
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 04:30:11 PM »

Why?   An object which makes a shadow prevents light from reaching the next nearest solid matter.  It makes no difference what shape the earth is.   And how can a shadow "lift from the ground"? 

Absolute nonsense!

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 04:34:27 PM »

Why?   An object which makes a shadow prevents light from reaching the next nearest solid matter.  It makes no difference what shape the earth is.   And how can a shadow "lift from the ground"? 

Absolute nonsense!

What I think he is trying to say is that if the earth were round then at some point the sun would be "below" the object casting the shadow, therefore casting it "up" instead of down. He has already been shown that this does happen in another thread and ignores it.

**Edit** looks like that thread is a split off this thread. It can be found here.

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62843.0
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:36:36 PM by Lemmiwinks »
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2015, 05:13:37 PM »
Thanks  Lemmiwinks.

If I was as tall as a mountain, and there were clouds in the sky, then some shadow is likely to be visible on the clouds.

If I stand on the western side of a wall which faces the ocean, or a flat plain,  as the sun sinks below the horizon my shadow would grow taller until the light fades (due to the sun being too far below the horizon to radiate to where I am)

Round earth confirmation.

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2015, 06:51:24 PM »
Thanks  Lemmiwinks.

If I was as tall as a mountain, and there were clouds in the sky, then some shadow is likely to be visible on the clouds.

If I stand on the western side of a wall which faces the ocean, or a flat plain,  as the sun sinks below the horizon my shadow would grow taller until the light fades (due to the sun being too far below the horizon to radiate to where I am)

it dosent confirm anything , it just shows how ignorant you are to what the sun actully is.
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2015, 08:59:53 PM »
Thanks  Lemmiwinks.

it dosent confirm anything , it just shows how ignorant you are to what the sun actully is.

OK charlie, if you think so.    I know what the sun is, I know the spherical earth is in orbit around it, I know the earth turns giving the impression the sun goes around it,  I know lots, but if you think I am ignorant, then so be it .    ;D

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2015, 06:58:01 AM »
Can anyone can tell  me how to upload a picture pls? With a Browse button doesnt work...

dephelis

• Sine scientia ars nihil est.
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2015, 09:13:25 AM »
Can anyone can tell  me how to upload a picture pls? With a Browse button doesnt work...

Upload it to a service like imgur and the. Post the link it gives in to here. If this is to do with the debate we were having, then post it the General forum or the Debate forum. Debating is forbidden in Q&A.

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2015, 05:25:20 PM »
I perceive the earth as round.  No, it doesn't look round when I look out my window.  But I have witnessed stars rotate about the sky.  When I visited Australia I made note of the different set of stars rotating in an opposite direction.  I have seen with my own eyes several Foucault pendulums, most recently the California Academy of sciences two weeks ago during a vacation to San Francisco.  I have lived on a boat for two weeks without land in site, surrounded by 360 degrees of pristine and clear horizon.  I saw the land rise up from the endless blue on the journey back to shore (not appearing out of a haze).  I have seen planets and galaxies through telescopes large and small.  I have enjoyed the benefits of GPS and predictions from the weather channel.  I have personally struggled aiming a satellite dish on the roof of a house boat while the people down below scream at me as the signal strength changes with my every movement.  I have spent hundreds of hours conversing with my grandfather who proudly worked on Apollo 11 as an engineering manager.  I myself went into engineering as a result of his inspiration.

The earth seems pretty flat to me.  I do not feel this way because of indoctrination.  The shape of the earth, beauty of the universe, and marvel of technology were developed over many years of humble personal observation.

I prefer to form my perceptions by getting out and experiencing the world.  Simply looking out my window just isn't enough for me.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:57:02 PM by macrohard »

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2015, 12:23:43 AM »
How did you learn to reason?

By using exactly the equal and opposite methodology that sceptimatic uses.  I seek out, closely scrutinize, and contemplate all the available accredited evidence produced by people duly qualified to produce that evidence.  I then assess all the available evidence and/or its contradictions, if any, presented.  I then rationalise all this data by a process of acceptance or elimination and formulate my considered opinion.

People such as sceptimatic, on the other hand, simply seize on one singular, third-party factoid that mirrors their own beliefs, and regurgitate it thoughtlessly as though it's empirically proven, and is a matter of fact.  You'll note that sceptimatic seldom—if ever—cites his source(s) of reference.     He "debates" like an adolescent—"No, I'm just right and you're always wrong, and you're stupid.  It's like that because I say it is".

;D

I apologize for the small and slight addition, but I do believe you just described circular logic. Which is along the lines of saying "I know because I know". While I haven't had the pleasure of dissecting one of his posts in regards to one of my topics, I look forward to it.