Stephen Hawking

• 254 Replies

ausGeoff

Re: Stephen Hawking
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2015, 06:52:04 PM »
Hawking is a glorified mathematician.

I vote this as the funniest comment I've read on these forums in 2015.    ;D

And by far the most ill-informed—even outdoing sceptimatic.  And that's saying something!

I also note that just like sceptimatic, our Jewish friend has a magically and ever-increasing list of ad hoc academic "credentials".  What a surprise eh?  Only another 11 to go Yaakov hehe.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #241 on: February 19, 2015, 01:19:07 AM »
LEMMI, that is one way of looking at it. But its not just for the Jews. Its for them too. Have you seen how they are forced to live? I mean, Gaza, for example, has the HIGHEST human population density of anywhere in the world, higher even then Tokyo or Hong Kong. These people are jammed in there like sardines. My G-d, they live like animals. And Israel isn't stupid enough to let them live outside the boundaries of the Gaza Strip. Who would be, when they have publicly declared that they want to destroy your country, and kill as many of you as they can? But G-d, at least deporting them would give them more room to live in.
Hong Kong density- 6571 people per square km
Tokyo density- 6000 people per square km
Gaza density- 5046 people per square km
Sorry, but you're wrong
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

« Reply #242 on: February 19, 2015, 03:37:27 AM »
Ok. So, third highest. Your point? Although I'd like to know your source. Point is, these people are packed in like animals. And given their tendancy to blow things up, well, that can't end well.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 03:42:54 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2015, 07:33:35 AM »
In fact, Gaza would be number five for soverign or dependent states by population density.

Gaza City is not in the top 50 cities by population density

Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #244 on: February 19, 2015, 07:49:58 AM »
Ok. I'll accept that. No arguments here. Nevertheless, you really DON'T want to live there if you can help it, since its a third world crap-hole. They are packed in like sardines. When Egypt ruled them, they ran it like a rather large internment camp (not that it is any better now, but the fault is theirs, now).

I say that last because Israel completely disengaged from the area in 2005. There are no Jews there. They were forced to take control of the borders AGAIN because of attacks from the territory. But internally, there is nobody there except "Palestinians". Originally, They were permitted to import what they liked, more or less. That was stopped when the cement and other things that were supposed to be used to build schools and so-forth were instead used to build tunnels and other terror networks to attack Israel. Now there is a complete blockade of the territory, as there should be.

It should be noted that at last survey, 85% of Israeli Jews were noted as being in favour of a negotiated settlement with the "Palestinians" that would result in a Two-State Solution. So don't think we are the ones at fault here. I admit, my opinions are pretty damned intense, but they are a minority view, even in Israel. Now, that survey was taken before the last Gaza War in August. I don't know what the figure is now. But the Gazans have an ability to do incredibly stupid crap.

They manage to antagonise a population that is inherantly inclined to want to help them achieve their goals. Most Jews in Israel are weary of the Territories and all that comes along with them. They would be all too happy to find a solution that would work. But you can't do that when you are being targeted with rockets every time you effing blink!

I mean, do you really think that Jewish mothers want to send their sons to kill Arab sons? Hell, most of Israel is secular. In Israel, that doesn't mean what it means Stateside. Here, secular means atheist or agnostic. There, it means "less Observant", or perhaps "non-Observant", but most of them still believe broadly in G-d. 87% of Jews, even the ones who never see the inside of a synagogque, hang a mezuzah on their door, for example.

Irrespective of the meaning of the term, the fact is, my opinion is a minority. The majority of Jews would be happy to let the "Palestinians" live in peace if only the bastards would quit tossing rockets every chance they got. To be quite honest, so would I, much as I don't like the idea.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 07:52:06 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

ausGeoff

« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2015, 09:25:49 AM »
Ok. I'll accept that. No arguments here. Nevertheless, you really DON'T want to live there if you can help it, since its a third world crap-hole. They are packed in like sardines. When Egypt ruled them, they ran it like a rather large internment camp (not that it is any better now, but the fault is theirs, now).

I say that last because Israel completely disengaged from the area in 2005. There are no Jews there. They were forced to take control of the borders AGAIN because of attacks from the territory. But internally, there is nobody there except "Palestinians". Originally, They were permitted to import what they liked, more or less. That was stopped when the cement and other things that were supposed to be used to build schools and so-forth were instead used to build tunnels and other terror networks to attack Israel. Now there is a complete blockade of the territory, as there should be.

It should be noted that at last survey, 85% of Israeli Jews were noted as being in favour of a negotiated settlement with the "Palestinians" that would result in a Two-State Solution. So don't think we are the ones at fault here. I admit, my opinions are pretty damned intense, but they are a minority view, even in Israel. Now, that survey was taken before the last Gaza War in August. I don't know what the figure is now. But the Gazans have an ability to do incredibly stupid crap.

They manage to antagonise a population that is inherantly inclined to want to help them achieve their goals. Most Jews in Israel are weary of the Territories and all that comes along with them. They would be all too happy to find a solution that would work. But you can't do that when you are being targeted with rockets every time you effing blink!

I mean, do you really think that Jewish mothers want to send their sons to kill Arab sons? Hell, most of Israel is secular. In Israel, that doesn't mean what it means Stateside. Here, secular means atheist or agnostic. There, it means "less Observant", or perhaps "non-Observant", but most of them still believe broadly in G-d. 87% of Jews, even the ones who never see the inside of a synagogque, hang a mezuzah on their door, for example.

Irrespective of the meaning of the term, the fact is, my opinion is a minority. The majority of Jews would be happy to let the "Palestinians" live in peace if only the bastards would quit tossing rockets every chance they got. To be quite honest, so would I, much as I don't like the idea.

And this nonsensical, off-topic diatribe has exactly what to do with the topic of Stephen Hawking?

Why is it that so many religious zealots seem to have this insatiable urge to literally infest nearly every forum on the web with their absurd notions and half-baked ideas?  Judaism would have to be one of the more offensive and antisocial of all the religions... next to Islam that is LOL.

I guess it's not a mere coincidence that the Torah contains just as much absolute bullshit and lies and hatred as does the Christian bible.

And "people" such as Yaakov ben Avraham make me wanna puke, with their ill-educated, condescending, snide smart-arse comments.

Maybe time for a joke to lighten things up a bit?  Q:  Why do Jews have such big noses?    A:  Because air is free.    ;D

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2015, 10:41:46 AM »

It is probably a small minority of Palestinians that are involved in war-drumming, rocket-firing and human shielding as well.   Why don't you apply your reasoned approach to them?

A majority of Palestinians support the two-state solution, a slim majority, but pretty good considering what the average Palestinian probably sees of Israel, and a slim majority in Gaza also disapprove of Hamas.

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Majority-of-Palestinians-still-support-2-state-solution-new-poll-says-381141

It sounds like most Palestinians are not as unreasonable as you want them to be.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2015, 11:43:27 AM »

It is probably a small minority of Palestinians that are involved in war-drumming, rocket-firing and human shielding as well.   Why don't you apply your reasoned approach to them?

A majority of Palestinians support the two-state solution, a slim majority, but pretty good considering what the average Palestinian probably sees of Israel, and a slim majority in Gaza also disapprove of Hamas.

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Majority-of-Palestinians-still-support-2-state-solution-new-poll-says-381141

It sounds like most Palestinians are not as unreasonable as you want them to be.

Yeah well, a two state solution doesn't kick them out of Israel completely, and thats really what he wants. A peaceful solution is just a smoke screen.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2015, 01:16:22 PM »
I was just pointing out that his description of them variously as animals and such is pretty inaccurate.  Surprise, surprise...

The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
« Reply #249 on: April 03, 2015, 07:54:15 PM »
Frankly, both Yaakov and ausGeoff seem like total douchebags. Both their ideal world's would probably be living hells.
Additionally, we cannot entirely rule out the nefarious effects of demons, spirits, gnomes, and wizards on our society's ability to comprehend our flat earth as it really is. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #250 on: April 04, 2015, 04:58:37 AM »
Frankly, both Yaakov and ausGeoff seem like total douchebags. Both their ideal world's would probably be living hells.

Sorry... flattery will get you nowhere my friend!    ;D

« Reply #251 on: April 17, 2015, 11:45:04 AM »

?

tappet

« Reply #252 on: April 17, 2015, 02:25:38 PM »

mathsman

• one of the lads
« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2015, 06:28:44 AM »

Yaakov, there is nothing more glorious than a mathematician.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2015, 12:59:38 PM »

Yaakov, there is nothing more glorious than a mathematician.

A hot female mathematician?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur