Stephen Hawking

• 254 Replies

ausGeoff

Re: Stephen Hawking
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2015, 12:24:14 PM »
I've questioned a few things and put forward some possibilities, none of which I said were true.
So now—when you're put on the spot, you're reneging?  You're admitting that you have no evidence for your claims; that they were nothing more than "possibilities", or personal opinion, and may have even been completely untrue?  What sort of pathetic debating mechanism is that?  Do you even understand what the term "empirical" evidence is?

And why—again—are you not prepared to divulge even a couple of your own alleged thirteen academic qualifications?  What are you afraid of?  That we might check up on their legitimacy?  One can only think your repeated reluctance to comply with this more than fair request is proof positive that you don't have any academic qualifications;  that they exist only in your fertile imagination.

So I'm calling your bluff here sceptimatic;  name a few of your academic qualifications, or risk being exposed as a liar.  It's your call.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2015, 12:27:37 PM »
I've questioned a few things and put forward some possibilities, none of which I said were true.
So now—when you're put on the spot, you're reneging?  You're admitting that you have no evidence for your claims; that they were nothing more than "possibilities", or personal opinion, and may have even been completely untrue?  What sort of pathetic debating mechanism is that?  Do you even understand what the term "empirical" evidence is?

And why—again—are you not prepared to divulge even a couple of your own alleged thirteen academic qualifications?  What are you afraid of?  That we might check up on their legitimacy?  One can only think your repeated reluctance to comply with this more than fair request is proof positive that you don't have any academic qualifications;  that they exist only in your fertile imagination.

So I'm calling your bluff here sceptimatic;  name a few of your academic qualifications, or risk being exposed as a liar.  It's your call.
Learn to read and absorb what's been said. That's about the best I can do for you up to now, Geoffrey. Oh and calm yourself down a little or you'll and up having a breakdown.

ausGeoff

« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2015, 12:38:56 PM »

LOL..... At last I've caught sceptimatic out!  He can't cite even one of his imaginary academic qualifications!

I guess we can all take it easy now knowing that the guy is an inveterate liar.  I've been waiting for him to shoot himself in the foot, and be caught out by his own lies.  Thank you sceptimatic; you've just made my day.

;D    ;D    ;D

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2015, 09:03:54 PM »

LOL..... At last I've caught sceptimatic out!  He can't cite even one of his imaginary academic qualifications!

I guess we can all take it easy now knowing that the guy is an inveterate liar.  I've been waiting for him to shoot himself in the foot, and be caught out by his own lies.  Thank you sceptimatic; you've just made my day.

;D    ;D    ;D

So, you admit that you have been trolling sceptimatic?  You do realize that is against the rules, right?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2015, 09:33:58 PM »

;D    ;D    ;D

So, you admit that you have been trolling sceptimatic?  You do realize that is against the rules, right?

bbbbbaaaaaawwwwwww
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #155 on: February 15, 2015, 02:20:08 AM »

;D    ;D    ;D
If I put a certificate into this forum, you would simply call out fake. This is why it's pointless me needing to prove anything. Either accept what I say or don't. My life does not change because you decide I'm a liar.

Socratic Amusement

• An Exercise in Witty Exploration
« Reply #156 on: February 15, 2015, 03:58:30 AM »

;D    ;D    ;D
If I put a certificate into this forum, you would simply call out fake. This is why it's pointless me needing to prove anything. Either accept what I say or don't. My life does not change because you decide I'm a liar.

If you put your certificate on this forum, we could check to see if it was real by contacting the institution that issued it, if we were so inclined.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing."

« Reply #157 on: February 15, 2015, 04:03:43 AM »

;D    ;D    ;D

Trolling is against the rules?!?  I wouldn't implement that rule if I were you, there'll be nothing much left of the forum.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #158 on: February 15, 2015, 05:25:57 AM »

;D    ;D    ;D

If you put your certificate on this forum, we could check to see if it was real by contacting the institution that issued it, if we were so inclined.

ausGeoff

« Reply #159 on: February 15, 2015, 07:13:36 AM »

Certainly not jroa, and you know it.  As we all have, I've simply been repeatedly trying to extract cohesive and meaningful answers to legitimate questions posed to him.  His "responses" are invariably childish put-downs or rhetorical one-liners or personal insults—all of which go unremarked upon by any moderator.

And you claim that it's me who's been "trolling" the forum?  LOL.  I guess you then let sceptimatic get away with this sort of rubbish... "Learn to read and absorb what's been said. That's about the best I can do for you up to now, Geoffrey. Oh and calm yourself down a little or you'll and up having a breakdown"... simply because he's a flat earther?  You seriously don't consider that to be trolling?  Where's sceptimatic's warning jroa?

Or am I still on your little list of whipping boys?    ::)

ausGeoff

« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2015, 07:22:07 AM »
LOL... and once again sceptimatic has shot himself in the foot.  His "diploma" looks remarkably like this one...

I wonder why that is?  I'm assuming that you posted this as your little joke sceptimatic, and I must admit it is funny—particularly my version of "Certified Ethical Hacker" LOL.

And still no listing of any of his thirteen alleged academic credentials?  QED.  The guy is a liar.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2015, 07:33:05 AM »
I have found that he used http://photofunia.com/effects/diploma to create that image.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

ausGeoff

« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2015, 08:04:31 AM »
I have found that he used http://photofunia.com/effects/diploma to create that image.
I'm assuming—or hoping at least—that sceptimatic only posted his "diploma" as a joke in order to divert us from asking him to post a few of his legitimate academic credentials.  He posted last year that he possesses thirteen, but thus far is unable—for some unknown reason—to provide even a couple of them.

And now that he's damningly criticised Stephen Hawking repeatedly for being a fraud and an imposter, it's even more important that sceptimatic cites his own qualifications.  And if he doesn't (or as I'm suspecting can't because he doesn't actually have them) then we can safely say not only is he a liar, but is totally unqualified and ill-equipped in criticising Hawking from any/all scientific perspectives.

—Let's see what drivel sceptimatic now responds with to dig himself out of an ever-deepening intellectual hole.    ;D

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2015, 09:54:37 AM »
Well that explains why "techinical" is spelled wrong, why he called it a certificate when it lists university on it and why it's in English when it has a bunch of Asian names on it.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2015, 01:20:28 PM »
You guys don't believe that scepti's real name is "Sambelli Dong"?
It's so convincing!

I was actually going through some old papers, and it turns out my diploma is just like his. Maybe our colleges used the same template...

Here's mine: http://u3.photofunia.com/1/results/z/x/zxbw17arpAjukbV6nyEFug_r.jpg?download

As you can see they are almost identical. Small world.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:38:01 PM by kman »
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #165 on: February 15, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »
You guys don't believe that scepti's real name is "Sambelli Dong"?
It's so convincing!

I was actually going through some old papers, and it turns out my diploma is just like his. Maybe our colleges used the same template...

Here's mine: http://u3.photofunia.com/1/results/z/x/zxbw17arpAjukbV6nyEFug_r.jpg?download

As you can see they are almost identical. Small world.

seems legit.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #166 on: February 15, 2015, 02:49:43 PM »
And mine's better than his- it's signed by George Costanza
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2015, 05:18:44 PM »
I wonder what would happen if we bumped the thread where sceptic said he would argue for a round earth if it was shown he lied.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2015, 05:24:48 PM »
I wonder what would happen if we bumped the thread where sceptic said he would argue for a round earth if it was shown he lied.

He has probably deleted it, moot point.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »
communicate through a cheap speak and spell like machine that just happens to turn is thoughts into words. Truth scale of 1 to 10?  0

from http://computer.howstuffworks.com/audeo.htm

STEPHEN HAWKING'S WHEELCHAIR
Physicist Stephen Hawking suffers from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Hawking has near complete paralysis but retains enough muscle­ control to allow him to press a button with his right hand. A computer screen displays a series of icons that allow control of his wheelchair, doors and appliances in his house. He can select items on the screen by pressing the button when a moving cursor passes over the correct area of the screen. ­
Hawking speaks in a similar manner. The screen displays the alphabet, with a cursor moving over it. He presses the button at the appropriate letter. Once he has constructed a complete sentence, he can send the text to the voice synthesizer built into his chair [source: Professor Stephen Hawking]. Hawking’s ability to move a finger on his right hand differentiates him from many other victims of paralysis or disease, who are unable to communicate or interact with control systems at all. ­
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »
Given his attitude about Israel (BDS support and all that crap), and his support for the so-called "Palestinians", he ought to have his talk machine taken away from him, since it was invented in Israel. After all, he wants to Boycott, Divest, and Saction all things Israeli, so lets start with that, shall we? Then we shall see how far he gets.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2015, 07:56:24 PM »
Given his attitude about Israel (BDS support and all that crap), and his support for the so-called "Palestinians", he ought to have his talk machine taken away from him, since it was invented in Israel. After all, he wants to Boycott, Divest, and Saction all things Israeli, so lets start with that, shall we? Then we shall see how far he gets.

Banned on the other site, so you decided to shit up a thread here?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2015, 08:04:31 PM »
Well, RAMA SET, you can't win an argument, so you get your moderators to ban me there. Lets just admit it. You took the coward's way out. But forget about the other site. Can you argue with what I just said? Surely, if Mr. Hawking wants to engage in BDS re: Israel, he should give up his talk machine. After all, it was invented in the country he wants to divest from, boycott, and sanction. He should take it all the way, shouldn't he?

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2015, 09:34:31 PM »
Well, RAMA SET, you can't win an argument, so you get your moderators to ban me there. Lets just admit it. You took the coward's way out. But forget about the other site. Can you argue with what I just said? Surely, if Mr. Hawking wants to engage in BDS re: Israel, he should give up his talk machine. After all, it was invented in the country he wants to divest from, boycott, and sanction. He should take it all the way, shouldn't he?

So only you are allowed to be hateful and resentful towards other people?

Also please show me a source on Israel making his computer. From what I can see the software is designed by Intel and the computer is a Lenovo.

« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2015, 10:22:07 PM »
So far, I can see that Lama Nachman of Intel was essential in inventing the thing, which means it was a Jew who did him the service, but no, it was NOT invented in Israel. Still, since he hates Israel to a degree that reaches the anti-Semitic, he ought to give it up.

No one is disputing that one can disagree with Israel and not be anti-Semitic. However, and that is the key word, many people start to hate Israel so much that they become anti-Semitic. Anyone who advocates BDS is one of these. Israel is the only democratic nation in the entire Middle East. There are Arabs serving in the military (by choice, they are not subject to the draft, unlike the Jews, who are). They serve in Parliament, and on the Supreme Court.

Even as far as "Palestine" goes, the idiotic claim of genocide is just that, idiotic. Hitler killed 6 million Jews in 12 years. in 47 years, the "Palestinian" population has quadrupled. How does that constitute genocide? If Israel and/or the Jews are trying to commit genocide on the so-called "Palestinians", then we must suck at it. If Israel truly wanted to commit genocide against the "Palestinians", carpet bombing the holy dogcrap out of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank for about two weeks and killing every living thing there down to the smallest rabbit would accomplish it. Israel could do that very easily with the technology and military capacity that they have. The fact that they have not indicates that genocide is the last thing they want to do.

EVERY single other country in the Middle East is either a dictatorship, a Kingdom, a theocracy, a chaotic mess, or an ISIS controlled hellhole. So, your choice is?

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2015, 10:34:23 PM »
So far, I can see that Lama Nachman of Intel was essential in inventing the thing, which means it was a Jew who did him the service, but no, it was NOT invented in Israel. Still, since he hates Israel to a degree that reaches the anti-Semitic, he ought to give it up.

No one is disputing that one can disagree with Israel and not be anti-Semitic. However, and that is the key word, many people start to hate Israel so much that they become anti-Semitic. Anyone who advocates BDS is one of these. Israel is the only democratic nation in the entire Middle East. There are Arabs serving in the military (by choice, they are not subject to the draft, unlike the Jews, who are). They serve in Parliament, and on the Supreme Court.

Even as far as "Palestine" goes, the idiotic claim of genocide is just that, idiotic. Hitler killed 6 million Jews in 12 years. in 47 years, the "Palestinian" population has quadrupled. How does that constitute genocide? If Israel and/or the Jews are trying to commit genocide on the so-called "Palestinians", then we must suck at it. If Israel truly wanted to commit genocide against the "Palestinians", carpet bombing the holy dogcrap out of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank for about two weeks and killing every living thing there down to the smallest rabbit would accomplish it. Israel could do that very easily with the technology and military capacity that they have. The fact that they have not indicates that genocide is the last thing they want to do.

EVERY single other country in the Middle East is either a dictatorship, a Kingdom, a theocracy, a chaotic mess, or an ISIS controlled hellhole. So, your choice is?

how does not agreeing with the policies of the Israeli state make someone an anti-Semite?

« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2015, 10:37:33 PM »
By demanding BDS, or demanding some stupid Right of Return for so-called "Palestinian Refugees", or by requiring Israel to return to the 1967 borders, you are asking her to commit national suicide. That is anti-Semitic.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2015, 10:56:02 PM »
By demanding BDS, or demanding some stupid Right of Return for so-called "Palestinian Refugees", or by requiring Israel to return to the 1967 borders, you are asking her to commit national suicide. That is anti-Semitic.

How is giving back what isreal took well after it was founded national suicide for the country? Let's be honest, isreal is packed to the gills with American military technology and Israeli made armaments that are decades ahead of anything sported by any of her neighbors.

It's at worst egg on their face.

« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2015, 11:06:32 PM »
They didn't take anything. They won it fair and square in wars that Arabs started, or at the very least, caused to happen by military buildups along Israel's borders that required a response. It is not customary for a conquering nation to give back territories it has won win the war started by the other side. And yet, that is what the world wants Israel to do. Any other nation doing that would be ignored. But when the JEWISH nation does it, may G-d's wrath be upon us.

« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2015, 12:59:49 AM »
Surely, if Mr. Hawking wants to engage in BDS re: Israel, he should give up his talk machine. After all, it was invented in the country he wants to divest from, boycott, and sanction.
What the USA?  When has he ever said that?

His machine was built by Intel engineers at Intel Labs in the states.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.