?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
Re: Post an image of yourself!
« Reply #1260 on: May 09, 2007, 12:25:02 AM »
OMG quix....

No one in either Rugby wear "protection" of any kind

In fact, AFL has even more "protection" (by restricting where/how players can engage) than Rugby Union, with all the best hits now illegal. Even the best "bumps" are getting pulled up. And yes, only being able to tackle between the shoulders and wait is pussy.

AFL players are tough. I will admit that. But Rugby League players are the toughest. Same length game without the rest in the middle (4 quarters vs 2 halves). Less overall running, but bigger, harder hits to withstand. Ever heard of a shoulder charge?

Jason Croker played 75 minutes for the Raiders in 2001 with a torn MCL in one leg and badly damaged ankle ligaments in the other. And he's a forward. He takes the brunt of the defence. Last year, Big Tom Leroyd-Lahrs played 6 weeks or so on a knee requiring a reconstruction.

I love AFL. I think think players are tough and to be in awe of. But realistically, League is a tougher game.

?

Marlow

« Reply #1261 on: May 09, 2007, 01:44:23 AM »
Me and Stella before our drive to the ice wall for our honeymoon.

Hope you make it

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1262 on: May 09, 2007, 03:10:35 AM »

Me and Stella before our drive to the ice wall for our honeymoon.

I love that picture
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1263 on: May 09, 2007, 03:17:05 AM »
But...

Guys are jumping into the air with no padding or helmets on and wearing SPIKES on their shoes! For christ's sake, that's just ridiculous. Also, my friend says she hears about guys getting injured from AFL all the time, which makes me crack up like when a boxer gets a concussion and it's on the news as a big deal.

~D-Draw

And Edmunds, real sports involve no padding and helmets and lots of injuries. That's how you know its a sport and not a wussy pastime :P

And I'm gonna play footy today (soccer for you fools who don't know the real words for things) and that's dangerous for me because I'm crap and I fall over a lot...
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #1264 on: May 09, 2007, 03:21:07 AM »
Pfeh. Sports are for jocks and meatheads.

~D-Draw

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #1265 on: May 09, 2007, 03:28:32 AM »
Don't forget couch potatoes!!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1266 on: May 09, 2007, 03:30:09 AM »
I like sports Edmunds. Though a kick about in the park is hardly sport...

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #1267 on: May 09, 2007, 06:27:07 AM »
My V for Vendetta mask should be here today, so if it is, I will take a picture.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1268 on: May 09, 2007, 06:28:40 AM »
Woo

I feel like taking photos of something

?

quixotic

• Im a mushroomcloudlayin motherfucker, motherfucker
« Reply #1269 on: May 09, 2007, 04:14:01 PM »
OMG quix....

No one in either Rugby wear "protection" of any kind

In fact, AFL has even more "protection" (by restricting where/how players can engage) than Rugby Union, with all the best hits now illegal. Even the best "bumps" are getting pulled up. And yes, only being able to tackle between the shoulders and wait is pussy.

AFL players are tough. I will admit that. But Rugby League players are the toughest. Same length game without the rest in the middle (4 quarters vs 2 halves). Less overall running, but bigger, harder hits to withstand. Ever heard of a shoulder charge?

Jason Croker played 75 minutes for the Raiders in 2001 with a torn MCL in one leg and badly damaged ankle ligaments in the other. And he's a forward. He takes the brunt of the defence. Last year, Big Tom Leroyd-Lahrs played 6 weeks or so on a knee requiring a reconstruction.

I love AFL. I think think players are tough and to be in awe of. But realistically, League is a tougher game.

Lame Lame Lame.....

The 'protection' you speak of is not enforced by the players but by the league....excatly like rugby, you cant do spear tackle and cant high tackle....excatly the same thing.

Im pretty sure am some point in time (like early this century) that rugby did involve some kind of armour, even if it was shoulder pads. AFL has never had any armour whatsoever.

Why is a tackle between waist and shoulder pussy? Thats totally ridiculous, its a pussy act to try and take out somones feet....lame  ::)

So what if they played injured....thats individual toughness. Teddy Whitten played in the 1972 State of Origin match with a broken wrist, took 33 possesions kicked 3 goals and got the MVP...many people play with injuries, does not mena they are necessarilly tougher.

Same game lengths...think not. Max 45 min halfs with injury time for rugby. AFL each quarter is minimum 25 minutes, but beacuse of all the stoppages each quarter usually turns out to be around 32 mins. And both codes have the break at half time  ::)

U never quantify why league is a tougher game...I have for AFL. Is it just because they wiegh more? Coz that def does not mean they are tougher, just means they fall harder.

I remember a test they did on the footy show between all 4 codes, on 3 areas, strength, agility and endurance. the AFL player won all of them.  ;D

Like...O M G ! ! ! He is, like, totally using the gun as like some kind of sexual weapon. O M G ! ! That is like, totally awesome! ! !

?

Adaon

• Divided States Of Hell
« Reply #1270 on: May 09, 2007, 04:25:12 PM »
Me on left.

I hate Yankees.

All bring joy here, some when they enter, others when they leave.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1271 on: May 09, 2007, 04:27:05 PM »
Brian are you 12?!

I don't think you're old enough to be named Brian...it's a very adult name

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #1272 on: May 09, 2007, 04:29:51 PM »
Lame Lame Lame.....

The 'protection' you speak of is not enforced by the players but by the league....excatly like rugby, you cant do spear tackle and cant high tackle....excatly the same thing.

Im pretty sure am some point in time (like early this century) that rugby did involve some kind of armour, even if it was shoulder pads. AFL has never had any armour whatsoever.

Why is a tackle between waist and shoulder pussy? Thats totally ridiculous, its a pussy act to try and take out somones feet....lame  ::)

So what if they played injured....thats individual toughness. Teddy Whitten played in the 1972 State of Origin match with a broken wrist, took 33 possesions kicked 3 goals and got the MVP...many people play with injuries, does not mena they are necessarilly tougher.

Same game lengths...think not. Max 45 min halfs with injury time for rugby. AFL each quarter is minimum 25 minutes, but beacuse of all the stoppages each quarter usually turns out to be around 32 mins. And both codes have the break at half time  ::)

U never quantify why league is a tougher game...I have for AFL. Is it just because they wiegh more? Coz that def does not mean they are tougher, just means they fall harder.

I remember a test they did on the footy show between all 4 codes, on 3 areas, strength, agility and endurance. the AFL player won all of them.  ;D

OMG!!! I have said exactly why League is tougher (stop calling it Rugby dammit), but you choose to disagree. I'm not having this argument again because neither of us is willing to concede a point. You aren't even correctly quoting what happens in league! 45 minute halves LOL!

?

quixotic

« Reply #1273 on: May 09, 2007, 04:34:42 PM »
Do you read rick???

Max 45 min halfs with injury time for rugby

So i mean another max 5m mins on top of the normal 40 mins halves. Its besdie the point anyway.

Afl = 100 minute - 140 minute game  :D

League = max 90 min game  ::)

And you havent explained to me why it is tougher. If it is because they can tackle outside AFL zones, then that is absolute BS!!  :-X

Like...O M G ! ! ! He is, like, totally using the gun as like some kind of sexual weapon. O M G ! ! That is like, totally awesome! ! !

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1274 on: May 09, 2007, 04:36:25 PM »
*points to the thread title*

>:(

?

Adaon

• Divided States Of Hell
« Reply #1275 on: May 09, 2007, 04:36:43 PM »
Brian are you 12?!

Yah, I am 12. But I think I can take on the responsibility of the name. Remember, it was your idea...
I hate Yankees.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1276 on: May 09, 2007, 04:38:56 PM »
Brian are you 12?!

Yah, I am 12. But I think I can take on the responsibility of the name. Remember, it was your idea...

Brilliant, for once I guessed someone's age right!

I'm not sure..have you told everyone that your name is Brian?

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #1277 on: May 09, 2007, 04:39:13 PM »
There is no injury time in league. If someone get's injured, the clock stops for a couple of seconds while they get them off the field then they're away again. No need even consider it injury time.

AFL: 100 - 140 minute game with unlimited interchanges and lots of nice little rests for them such as quarter time.

I have already outlined why league is tougher, go back and read it.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #1278 on: May 09, 2007, 04:42:09 PM »
HAY GUISE
WUTS GOING
ON IN DIS
THREAD?

O LAWD IZ DAT SUM CP?!

?

Adaon

• Divided States Of Hell
« Reply #1279 on: May 09, 2007, 04:42:28 PM »
Brian are you 12?!

I don't believe I have.
I hate Yankees.

?

quixotic

« Reply #1280 on: May 09, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »
Thats lame, we both know there is injury time in League, it amy be minimal, but there is injury time.

Difference is Rickm AFL is more flowing, yeah we have more breaksm but we run faster, longer and harder.

Plus, league stops every 6 tackles or less, so dont complain about rest times  ::)

And sorry, there is limited interchange in AFL, read up on our rules too  :-*

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1281 on: May 09, 2007, 04:46:02 PM »
Brian are you 12?!

I don't believe I have.

Well get to it kiddo, tell your family, your friends, and strangers you meet on the street

And Quixy and Tricky Ricky...stop fucking arguing you pricks! Everyone knows the most dangerous and hard working sport is beach volleyball and there's no denying it!

?

quixotic

« Reply #1282 on: May 09, 2007, 04:54:02 PM »
Brian are you 12?!

I don't believe I have.

Well get to it kiddo, tell your family, your friends, and strangers you meet on the street

And Quixy and Tricky Ricky...stop fucking arguing you pricks! Everyone knows the most dangerous and hard working sport is beach volleyball and there's no denying it!

Bite Me!!!

Please....?? :-*

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1283 on: May 09, 2007, 04:56:41 PM »
Alright!

Hey Quixy you gonna come visit me with Rick? You better do!  :-*

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #1284 on: May 09, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »
Bah! no Gayer for Quix!

I have two more points - we do NOT stop ever 6 tackles, you game does not flow better (especially with more teams starting to flood)

And no, there is no injury time. It doesn't take half as long for our guys to get off the ground, and less of them need to. This is aptly demonstrated by poor Cloke for the Blues who dislocated his shoulder in traiing and had to be rushed to hospital in distress - meanwhile last weekend benji marshall dislocated his shoulder during the match for the 3rd or 4th time, and hung around to watch the end of the match. League players are tougher.

And now I'm done with this argument (for today).

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1285 on: May 09, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »
Damn right you're done with this argument Rick my lad!  >:(

?

quixotic

« Reply #1286 on: May 09, 2007, 05:02:02 PM »
 ???

Ive been to England sweetheart, dont really wanna go back to soon  ;)

Me and my flatmate are gonna go on a holiday to Thailand so if you wanna meet us there, then Ill be up for it. So cheap to fly to Thailand from Oz. Its like $1350 for return airfares 10 nights accommodation and breakfast each day!!

*sigh*

I wanna go now  :'(

Yea, but England, or should i sya, London, does not impress me at all. The only thing i liked about london was the Nandos in Wimbledon....mmmmm yum!!!  :-X

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #1287 on: May 09, 2007, 05:03:55 PM »
I don't live in London though so nyah, come to Kent and you'll see a decent part of England!

Or I'll just meet you in Thailand..if you pay for my flight :P

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #1288 on: May 09, 2007, 05:07:13 PM »
Damn right you're done with this argument Rick my lad!  >:(

:-*

?

quixotic

« Reply #1289 on: May 09, 2007, 05:07:34 PM »
Bah! no Gayer for Quix!

I have two more points - we do NOT stop ever 6 tackles, you game does not flow better (especially with more teams starting to flood)

And no, there is no injury time. It doesn't take half as long for our guys to get off the ground, and less of them need to. This is aptly demonstrated by poor Cloke for the Blues who dislocated his shoulder in traiing and had to be rushed to hospital in distress - meanwhile last weekend benji marshall dislocated his shoulder during the match for the 3rd or 4th time, and hung around to watch the end of the match. League players are tougher.

And now I'm done with this argument (for today).

Come one man...dont fool yourself.... ::)

So your telling me, that in a league match, the whistle blows at excatly 40 mins. Cool, ill take notice next time  ::)

You do not stop at 6 tackles?? Are we talking about different games. Im pretty sure at the 6th tackle possession iis turned over to the other team??

And once again, playing with injuries does not make the game tougher, make sthe individual tougher, and Cloke was the poorest example you couldve used. I played against the clokes in high school and they are pathetic.

And also, playing with an injury, in my mind, is not tough, but blatantly stoopid. Your letting down your team by thinking your above them.

If you want to talk about tough....in your terms then AFL would have to be tougher. Try Adam Ramanaskus playing 3 season with cancer in 3 different parts of his body...

This does not equal toughness......