"evolutionists" get chewed up and SPAT out by Intelligent Design heavy-weghts!

• 148 Replies

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
You try to be boring again. Don't bother for the postulation, it's just a game. What is wrong with the conclusion?

You acknowledge that life develops by natural means: so there's no need to involve another species (even granting that they exist) in its creation.

If realistic's being boring, I'm sorry  :P
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
You try to be boring again. Don't bother for the postulation, it's just a game. What is wrong with the conclusion?

You acknowledge that life develops by natural means: so there's no need to involve another species (even granting that they exist) in its creation.

If realistic's being boring, I'm sorry  :P

You somehow never understand what I mean. Read it again, think it over, then post once more. Or do something completely different.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
You somehow never understand what I mean. Read it again, think it over, then post once more. Or do something completely different.

If you're including "We can assume they did the same," and the like in your postulations, then you haven't played any kind of logical or deductive game, you're just stated.
Consider that the problem may be in how you express your points, or in varying presuppositions.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

If you're including "We can assume they did the same," and the like in your postulations, then you haven't played any kind of logical or deductive game, you're just stated.
Consider that the problem may be in how you express your points, or in varying presuppositions.

The assumption that a (human or alien) civilization will create artificial life, if it is possible to do that, is not that far-fetched. But I admit, I could be totally amiss. They could well spend their lifes with questions like: is reality a function of consciousness?  :P

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
The assumption that a (human or alien) civilization will create artificial life, if it is possible to do that, is not that far-fetched. But I admit, I could be totally amiss. They could well spend their lifes with questions like: is reality a function of consciousness.  :P

Actually it gets pretty far-fetched: there are numerous moral quandaries, as well as the notion that morality will evolve along with intelligence. Plus, even if it is possible, the degree to which technology and knowledge must grow would probably take longer than life coming about by natural causes.
Beyond bastardizations of quantum mechanics, I feel the answer to your latter question is a rather succinct 'no'.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
the degree to which technology and knowledge must grow would probably take longer than life coming about by natural causes.

You do not provide any reason for saying that, rather

you're just stated

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
the degree to which technology and knowledge must grow would probably take longer than life coming about by natural causes.

You do not provide any reason for saying that

Note the 'probably'. Given we can't do such a thing, we can't really say much more.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale

You do not provide any reason for saying that

Note the 'probably'. Given we can't do such a thing, we can't really say much more.

I do have the - poorly educated - opinion that the natural development of life is a rather rare event, given the vast step of complication between a solution of amino acids or proteids and a living cell. I would guess, we could find millions of earth like planets with oceans and atmosphere, and not one of them might be home to any form of life. I would not be surprised if we find the first alien life on a place, where nobody would expect it.

On the other hand,  life developed very early on our planet.

This could indicate that my opinion is wrong.

But if my opinion turns out to be true, this early appearance of life on earth could be interpreted as evidence, that life on earth was indeed artificially generated.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
I do have the - poorly educated - opinion that the natural development of life is a rather rare event, given the vast step of complication between a solution of amino acids or proteids and a living cell. I would guess, we could find millions of earth like planets with oceans and atmosphere, and not one of them might be home to any form of life.
That's true: it is a highly unlikely event, as far as we know.
The problem is that it would be unlikely no matter where it happened. That would also make it hard to develop the knowledge to create such life: and that's without getting on to the problem of transportation and motive. Outside of Star Trek, you're not going to get an alien race that flies around to a random planet and seeds it with life.
It's a possibility, I'm fine with admitting that, just an unnecessary and unlikely one.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
It's basically just a matter of time.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
Once again, BiJane comments on something she knows nothing about. Her intelligence anchored to the Earth and rejecting anything beyond it. Artificial intelligence, virtual reality life, aliens.... all are unlikely but, since the universe is practically infinite, the possibility that something like that hasn't happened is very unlikely. Fuck, we're here, aren't we? The "unlikely" has already happened. And I'd bet it has happened numerous times across the universe.
Read the FAQS.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Once again, BiJane comments on something she knows nothing about. Her intelligence anchored to the Earth and rejecting anything beyond it. Artificial intelligence, virtual reality life, aliens.... all are unlikely but, since the universe is practically infinite, the possibility that something like that hasn't happened is very unlikely. Fuck, we're here, aren't we? The "unlikely" has already happened. And I'd bet it has happened numerous times across the universe.

I'm pretty sure aliens do exist: but there's worlds from that to thinking we'd ever so much as be in contact even by radio signals, let alone that they could physically travel here.
Plenty of things are possible. if you think that's enough of a reason to accept something, that explains an awful lot.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
The only thing stopping aliens from visiting us, from our human understanding, is the seemingly impossibility of faster than light travel. Theoretically, wormholes and the like can be used to counter this restriction. The universe is a wondrous place, and traveling through it is not necessarily prohibited by the laws of physics. Just because we do not have the technology doesn't mean other civilizations don't as well. It is silly and egotistical to think that we figured out physics completely. We are only restricted by our limited understanding.

I am willing to bet that there is a spaceship traveling close to the speed of light out there right now. The probability that I'm wrong is about 1%.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:41:51 PM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

I've always found the Intelligent Design advocates to be as brittle on their end as the radical atheists are on theirs. As I've said on these fora before, I am not a scientist, and neither is the Bible a science book.

Someone asked why a New World monkey was placed here, and an Old World monkey was placed there. Well, because. The two can't mate and have babies, to my knowledge, can they? Then again, there is a species of Old World monkey that eats or is eaten by the chimpanzee (I forget which, but its damn brutal to watch them fight and see the winner have supper, I've seen footage of it).

Somewhere, there has to be a place where Genesis and science meet, even if that means that the first part of Genesis is literally true, metaphorically true, mythologically trying to make a point, or some other some such explanation of shit. I don't pretend to have all the answers. I do believe that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old. That coincides with all our scientific exploration of the planet. The Universe appears to be 13.8 billion years old. That also corresponds to the data we have based on our scientific exploration of the Universe.

Human beings were made in the image and likeness of G-d. Male and female created he them. That does not imply that he is a hermaphrodite. In fact, it is a teaching of our faith that he doesn't have body, parts, or passions. If he did, he would be basically a super-us, like Zeus or Thor or something. That would just be weird.

I shall admit: Christians have a problem. Since Jesus is a manifestation of the deity to them, and he believed literally in Adam and Eve, the Flood, etc, etc, if a conservative Christian does not believe in those things, then he is going against the beliefs of Jesus, who in his mind is the manifestation of his deity.

For a Jew, we do not have that problem. The fact that earlier Jews believed in the literal truth of the first 11 chapters of Genesis doesn't mean that increased knowledge can't give us different ideas of how to view those chapters. We can do that without threat to our Faith, because we don't have a man whom we identify as the deity that believed literally in those things.

The Prophets of Israel did not teach science. They taught religious truths. The fact that Isaiah most likely believed in the literal truth of the first 11 chapters of Genesis doesn't effect our respect for him. We can still utilise his religious truths. He didn't teach anything  on the origins of the planet, at least not that I can recall. Ezekiel spoke of of a Heavenly Eden in the sense of Paradise. But one can talk of that without having to believe in the literal truth of Adam and Eve.

I don't know for certain where I go on the first 11 chapters of Genesis. Right now, I am inclined to think that they are in some sense literally true, and likely to be collated with science at some point. But if I am wrong in that (and I concede that I might be), it won't bother me any.

?

st james

• a sinner saved by grace
yr not "a jew";
the jews are Christians.....
yr an ANTI-christ....a spirit of anti-Christ;
"judaism" is a reactionary, non-religion;
it has NO covenant with Almighty God.....that was cancelled when you rejected Christ!
the NEW covenant is with Christians!
https://www.youtube.com/user/zionget

get lost, "jew" !  >:(

(hvn't you got some "shekels" that need counting...how much have you falsely extorted today with yr Holocaust fairy tale, eh?)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:28:09 PM by st james »
nisi Dominus frustra

?

st james

codes within codes.....the gob-smacking complexity of the cell!
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2015, 08:35:59 PM »
a code implies an Intelligent Designer because information can't be produced w/out One.....

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/03/150312173800.htm
nisi Dominus frustra

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
I should note that not all Christians have the same views as st james, and I as a Christian disagree with just about everything he says.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

St. James's remarks have been reported to the moderation team for Anti-Semitism and Jew-hatred. Take your attitude up with them.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:55:39 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

I should note that not all Christians have the same views as st james, and I as a Christian disagree with just about everything he says.

I am aware of that, MIKEMAN, but thank you for having the courage to say it.

?

st james

yr not "a jew";
the jews are Christians.....
yr an ANTI-christ....a spirit of anti-Christ;
"judaism" is a reactionary, non-religion;
it has NO covenant with Almighty God.....that was cancelled when you rejected Christ!
the NEW covenant is with Christians!
https://www.youtube.com/user/zionget

get lost, "jew" !  >:(

(hvn't you got some "shekels" that need counting...how much have you falsely extorted today with yr Holocaust fairy tale, eh?)

Reported to the moderation team for Anti-Semitism and Jew-hatred. Take your attitude up with them.

k.....do yr worst.....jew-boy!
they've already 'banned' me once.....
maybe i'll report YOU for loxism (gentile hatred).....
that way....we'll both be banned together  ::)
nisi Dominus frustra

Reported again.

?

st james

I am aware of that, MIKEMAN, but thank you for having the courage to say it.

why don't you tell this deluded xtian, "MikeMan", what jews really think of them, eh, jew-boy?   :-X

yr an ANTI-CHRIST!
nisi Dominus frustra

Reported again.

?

st james

Reported again.

why don't you report me to that bunch of jew gangsters and con-artists, the ADL, while yr @ it, eh, Hymie?   ;D
nisi Dominus frustra

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
Same, reported. Hopefully this time it'll be a perma IP ban.

Bye St. James.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Shouldn't be too hard. They tolerate a lot here. Much more than the other site. But they don't tolerate assaults on whole groups of people very well.

?

st james

Same, reported. Hopefully this time it'll be a perma IP ban.

Bye St. James.

why don't you convert to judaism...'cos that's all you are.....a crypto-jew
nisi Dominus frustra

?

st james

Shouldn't be too hard. They tolerate a lot here. Much more than the other site. But they don't tolerate assaults on whole groups of people very well.

"people"?
according to David Icke....yr actually reptiles!
nisi Dominus frustra

The worst part is the idiot still can't prove Intelligent Design to be correct.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
The best part is that if Jesus popped in and saw him calling people "jew boys" I think he would cast the first stone.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur