Dinosaurs -- yet another hoax?

• 48 Replies
Dinosaurs -- yet another hoax?
« on: February 01, 2015, 06:45:42 PM »
Dinosaurs became extinct millions of years ago.  Or did they... hmm.  None of use were around to see them.  And that means that the existence of dinosaurs might be yet another example of a hoax that The Great Conspiracy wants us to believe in for some reason.  So let's hear from the flat earthers: do you believe that dinosaurs existed, or is this just another hoax?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Dinosaurs -- yet another hoax?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 09:02:16 PM »
Dinosaurs became extinct millions of years ago.
That depends on who you ask.  Some say that dinosaurs are still among us today.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 09:15:43 PM »
Well, birds are dinosaurs.
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

Orifiel

• Stalwart Pumpkin god supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 07:06:57 AM »
Alligators...?
Je parle Français and yes, I am une fille

Pumpkin god 4 lyf

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 07:12:50 AM »
Less so
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 08:21:47 AM »

You are a wise one indeed.

To address the OP, this dinosaur conspiracy thing seems thin.  Do you have anything else to back up these claims?

Orifiel

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 09:02:54 AM »

To address the OP, this dinosaur conspiracy thing seems thin.  Do you have anything else to back up these claims?

Fossils, fossil fuels, weird ancient sea creatures resurfacing, bacteria...? Tar preserving corpses, Ice trapping remnants...

Pumpkin god 4 lyf

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 09:13:43 AM »

Just to narrow the focus of this topic, let's consider one particular dinosaur that we know does not exist today: tyrannosaurus rex.  Pongo, do you think that the T-Rex skeletons at the Smithsonian and other museums are real or hoaxes?  And if they are hoaxes, why do you think that famous museums with expert curators and scientists would perpetrate such a hoax?  Is it because they are all part of the Grand Conspiracy that wants us to believe the Earth is round?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 10:13:06 AM »

Rar.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2015, 10:16:46 AM »

Just to narrow the focus of this topic, let's consider one particular dinosaur that we know does not exist today: tyrannosaurus rex.  Pongo, do you think that the T-Rex skeletons at the Smithsonian and other museums are real or hoaxes?  And if they are hoaxes, why do you think that famous museums with expert curators and scientists would perpetrate such a hoax?  Is it because they are all part of the Grand Conspiracy that wants us to believe the Earth is round?

I have no reason to believe that dinosaurs weren't real.

Orifiel

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2015, 10:18:43 AM »

[Insert Zaratan comment]
[Insert indoctrination comment]
[Insert Conspiracytm ]

Pumpkin god 4 lyf

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2015, 11:13:43 AM »
Please watch the low content posting in the upper fora.  Thanks. 

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2015, 11:46:28 AM »

Rar.

I was waiting for dinosaur Neil to respond.  It was worth it.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2015, 05:06:19 PM »

Great. So you are willing to believe an important scientific fact (that dinosaurs existed) despite that fact that you have no way to verify this yourself; you believe it only because lots of scientists have published papers and given talks about it, and you trust that those scientists have no reason to lie to you about this, right?  Yet when scientists and engineers and various professionals (e.g. airline pilots and ship captains) say the Earth is round, you say they are all part of a massive conspiracy despite the fact that you have no evidence for the conspiracy.  You believe science only when it doesn't conflict with your own unsupported claims.  Sad, really.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2015, 05:50:53 PM »
And I've seen fossils.

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 07:58:22 PM »
And I've seen fossils.

Sure, but you wouldn't know what you were looking at unless the paleontologists told you.  A big dinosaur's femur bone, for example, would mean nothing to you or me unless the experts put it in context by showing it as part of a skeleton.  So we are trusting the scientists' integrity -- trusting that they have no desire to deceive us.

?

st james

• a sinner saved by grace
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 12:29:57 AM »
Quote from: FlatAllTheWay

Sure, but you wouldn't know what you were looking at unless the paleontologists told you.  A big dinosaur's femur bone, for example, would mean nothing to you or me unless the experts put it in context by showing it as part of a skeleton.  So we are trusting the scientists' integrity -- trusting that they have no desire to deceive us.

exactly!

and.....a very good example of that is the bogus "re-creation" of these so-called "ape-man" fossils.....

"Bones of Contention"

reasonable review of the abv here.....
http://kukis.org/evolution/Lubenow.pdf ;

apropos "dinosaurs"....honestly...i'm not sure.....
they're certainly not incompatible with the Bible (cf: Book of Job)
OTOH.....orgs' like the Smithsonian have a bad track record of "covering up"/"burying" any evidence that  supports the Bible....hence: their massive cover up of giant 'humanoid' fossils which support(s) the Genesis/Book of Enoch account of "the Nephilim"....
so....they could well hv done "a reverse cover-up" by a combo' of mis-reporting, deliberate mis-interpreting and 'planting'.....
again....OTOH.....the recent "discoveries" of Dr Mary Schweitzer of still viable red blood cells and some tissue in dinosaur fossils (indicating a quite recent date for their demise....i.e: within the last few thousand yrs) go a long way to discombobulating "the official Party line" on dinos....   :o
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 12:33:45 AM by st james »
nisi Dominus frustra

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 05:37:57 AM »
Here is a Picture of a Fossilized Dinosaur Footprint:

Here is a picture of an Emu Track:

Here is a Turkey footprint:

Here is an Emu Foot:

More emu tracks:

"This reference to three-toed tracks is no doubt linked to those of theropod-dinosaur tracks in the area, but also may have been influenced by modern emu tracks, which closely resemble the theropod tracks in size and form."
source: http://greatcretaceouswalk.blogspot.com/2011/06/dinosaur-tracks-of-western-australia.html

Amazing! Look at these Fossilized "bird tracks" from the late Triassic period:

"The existence of numerous well-preserved bird remains directly alongside the oldest dinosaur tracks should effectively end the speculation that birds evolved from the more recent dinosaurs!"
Source: http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/trivia/birds/

------------------

Here's the thing people.... What do you think made all these animals turn into fossils? How long does it take an animal to turn into a fossil? Even modern scientists agree that "Flood conditions" are required for fossilization. Wouldn't it make sense that before Noah's Flood, the animals lived longer and grew larger? Wouldn't it also make sense, that when the world was flooded the BIRDS would be flying around walking in the mud looking for dry ground? Perhaps that is the reason all these Bird prints (NOT dinosaurs) are found all over the world.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 05:41:35 AM by iWitness »
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 05:48:23 AM »
Also, you have to remember that there is a LOT of speculation in regards to dinosaur fossils with the majority of specimens in museums made of plaster molds. If you really take a good look at "dinosaur fossils" that are still in the host rock, you will see that 99% off them are sea creatures and birds. There is the occasional reptile that crawls on his belly like all the others, but there are NO two-legged three-toed reptiles like the T-Rex that have ever been found.

Clearly a Bird:

Chicken skeleton:

Look a fish:

More birds:

Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2015, 08:17:57 AM »
And I've seen fossils.

Paleontologists have deceived us.  Have you ever heard of a brontosaurus?

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2015, 12:24:33 PM »
Some weeks ago I browsed in the Believer's Section. If I remember well:

Dinosaurs did exist. They were intelligent beings, having civilization, ships etc.

Because they had ships, they traveled all around, that's why you find the remains of the same species on different continents (since on a flat earth there is no continental drift)

In fossilized molluscs etc we basically have the wastes of their restaurants.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2015, 12:30:10 PM »
Some weeks ago I browsed in the Believer's Section. If I remember well:

Dinosaurs did exist. They were intelligent beings, having civilization, ships etc.

Because they had ships, they traveled all around, that's why you find the remains of the same species on different continents (since on a flat earth there is no continental drift)

In fossilized molluscs etc we basically have the wastes of their restaurants.

They were just describing to you the plot for a 90s cartoon.

I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2015, 01:03:46 PM »
This is considered low-content posting, Lemmiwinks.  Please keep it in the lower forums.

dephelis

• Sine scientia ars nihil est.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2015, 01:42:16 PM »
And I've seen fossils.

So mistakes are the same as deliberate lying? I only ever knew brontosaurus as a alternate name for apatosaurus, not surprising as that error was fixed 70+ years before I was born.

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 03:49:45 PM »
And I've seen fossils.

To what extent do you claim that paleontologists have deceived us? Is the T-Rex a hoax, for example?

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »
This is considered low-content posting, Lemmiwinks.  Please keep it in the lower forums.

I'll take that as long as you admit saying the dinosaurs were technologically advanced was the most base form of low content posting and I only responded in kind.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2015, 09:20:05 PM »
Obviously dinosaurs are real because we have one in our midst!  I'm sure you know him, he has a strange sense of humour and he believs that the Earth is a torus.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2015, 02:59:58 PM »
Obviously dinosaurs are real because we have one in our midst!  I'm sure you know him, he has a strange sense of humour and he believs that the Earth is a torus.

Rar again.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2015, 05:49:19 PM »

I'll take that as long as you admit saying the dinosaurs were technologically advanced was the most base form of low content posting and I only responded in kind.

Sometimes it appears to others that flat-earthers say some things that are bat-shit crazy, when in fact, they are real flat-earth ideas. Just because you personally think something is dumb does not make it so, nor does it make it low-content.

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »
Also, you have to remember that there is a LOT of speculation in regards to dinosaur fossils with the majority of specimens in museums made of plaster molds. If you really take a good look at "dinosaur fossils" that are still in the host rock, you will see that 99% off them are sea creatures and birds. There is the occasional reptile that crawls on his belly like all the others, but there are NO two-legged three-toed reptiles like the T-Rex that have ever been found.

Clearly a Bird:

Chicken skeleton:

Look a fish:

More birds:

I'm not seeing any wings or fins on this one: