Do flat earthers believe that man will ever launch a rocket into space?

• 805 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Do flat earthers believe that man will ever launch a rocket into space?
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2015, 06:58:09 AM »

The fuel can combust inside the ship, but doing so is pointless: it's released so that the force doesn't nullify itself.
And it's going to be equally pointless in allowing it out of the ship into your vacuum because it equally does not work. It's simply free expansion.

Again, you're ignoring how mechanics work. Leverage isn't needed in chemical reactions: that's how chemical reactions work. The force occurs from the reaction, in the non-vacuum of the fuel, which necessarily, at the moment of contact with the ship, forces it along.
Leverage in required in all reactions, why do you think they call them reactions.
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, no matter what.

You cannot have an action and reaction inside your ship without external interference or your ship goes nowhere.
It's literally like asking a person to lift themselves off the ground using their own hands to grab their own feet. It's not going to happen.

Orifiel

• Stalwart Pumpkin god supporter
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2015, 07:00:21 AM »
I would love to see what Sceptimatic's explanation of satellites, ICBMs, Probes and even meteors.
It doesn't make sense that there's no space or no way to get to it.
Je parle Français and yes, I am une fille

Pumpkin god 4 lyf

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2015, 07:27:59 AM »
I would love to see what Sceptimatic's explanation of satellites, ICBMs, Probes and even meteors.
Of course it doesn't make sense. I totally agree with your thoughts in one respect because we were all briought up to believe in the belief  of it all.

I'm by no means asking or telling you to accept it. All I say is, look into it yourself. Read what's being put out and use your own judgement.
I had to be dragged into this, I didn't come quietly. I was like you once in denying all kinds of stuff against mainstream indoctrination, because I never thought we could be lied to on a scale like this.

I don't know the full in's and out's of what the whole game is but what I do know is, they aren't being truthful about what they say about all this stuff.
You can spend your entire life thinking everything is all above board - that's your right and also you are , in  a way, better off with that mindset, because it's a pain in the arse seeing this stuff smashed in our faces and knowing so.

Simply talking on forums won't always gain people any further insight by itself because there are always people that make out they've seen things first hand and swear by it. It makes people who would question stuff, step back and accept that as a truth rather than ask themselves if it is a truth.

I just ask people to question stuff for themselves. It matters not to me if people don't do it. My life is mine and their's is their's and each have no real bearing on each other's, in the long run.

Orifiel

• Stalwart Pumpkin god supporter
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2015, 10:26:38 AM »
Of course it doesn't make sense. I totally agree with your thoughts in one respect because we were all briought up to believe in the belief  of it all.

I'm by no means asking or telling you to accept it. All I say is, look into it yourself. Read what's being put out and use your own judgement.
I had to be dragged into this, I didn't come quietly. I was like you once in denying all kinds of stuff against mainstream indoctrination, because I never thought we could be lied to on a scale like this.

I don't know the full in's and out's of what the whole game is but what I do know is, they aren't being truthful about what they say about all this stuff.
You can spend your entire life thinking everything is all above board - that's your right and also you are , in  a way, better off with that mindset, because it's a pain in the arse seeing this stuff smashed in our faces and knowing so.

Simply talking on forums won't always gain people any further insight by itself because there are always people that make out they've seen things first hand and swear by it. It makes people who would question stuff, step back and accept that as a truth rather than ask themselves if it is a truth.

I just ask people to question stuff for themselves. It matters not to me if people don't do it. My life is mine and their's is their's and each have no real bearing on each other's, in the long run.

I've seen meteors before over Lille, France and I'm certain they came from space
Je parle Français and yes, I am une fille

Pumpkin god 4 lyf

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2015, 10:38:48 AM »

The fuel can combust inside the ship, but doing so is pointless: it's released so that the force doesn't nullify itself.
And it's going to be equally pointless in allowing it out of the ship into your vacuum because it equally does not work. It's simply free expansion.

Again, you're ignoring how mechanics work. Leverage isn't needed in chemical reactions: that's how chemical reactions work. The force occurs from the reaction, in the non-vacuum of the fuel, which necessarily, at the moment of contact with the ship, forces it along.
Leverage in required in all reactions, why do you think they call them reactions.

You cannot have an action and reaction inside your ship without external interference or your ship goes nowhere.
It's literally like asking a person to lift themselves off the ground using their own hands to grab their own feet. It's not going to happen.
Equal and opposite reaction does not apply to chemical reactions. It is why rockets can work in space though.
Solid rockets are self oxidizing. Although without looking them up I bet the fuel they use contains NO2 groups.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2015, 11:54:11 AM »
Free expansion of gases tells its own story.
Did you know that free expansion only works for ideal gasses (gasses with no mass) in a closed system?  Rocket engines burning fuel and oxidizer create gasses that do have mass and outer space is not a closed system.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2015, 12:16:57 PM »

It's more like the recoil of a gun.

The gun moves because something was ejected from it.  The rocket moves because burned fuel is ejected from it.  That is the action to the reaction.

« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2015, 02:10:38 PM »
What I find extremely annoying , when these topics are discussed .Is the lack of differentiation between space & outer space by the RE .
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.
Shannon Noll and Natalie Bassingthwaighte - Don't…:

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2015, 02:34:30 PM »
What I find extremely annoying , when these topics are discussed .Is the lack of differentiation between space & outer space by the RE .
In your opinion what is the difference?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »
Good job explaining scepti. One thing I think people don't condider is thehigh pressure of the atmosphere we live in, approx 15 lbs/ sq in. We live in it and it feels normal, like there is no pressure.as you have explained it provides much of the force we use everyday. Many people forget about atmospheric pressure.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2015, 03:09:31 PM »
Good job explaining scepti. One thing I think people don't condider is thehigh pressure of the atmosphere we live in, approx 15 lbs/ sq in. We live in it and it feels normal, like there is no pressure.as you have explained it provides much of the force we use everyday. Many people forget about atmospheric pressure.

Deep under the ocean there is even greater pressure, does this mean that things fall faster under water?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »
Which doesn't matter at all as it's equal in all directions.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2015, 12:49:49 AM »

Equal and opposite reaction does not apply to chemical reactions. It is why rockets can work in space though.
Solid rockets are self oxidizing. Although without looking them up I bet the fuel they use contains NO2 groups.
Equal and opposite reaction applies to everything. No exceptions.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2015, 12:52:12 AM »
Free expansion of gases tells its own story.
Did you know that free expansion only works for ideal gasses (gasses with no mass) in a closed system?  Rocket engines burning fuel and oxidizer create gasses that do have mass and outer space is not a closed system.
All gases have mass. Everything has mass. The only thing that is massless is a true vacuum...something that cannot be created on Earth.
Your rocket can produce what it wants to but it's not working in your space.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2015, 12:56:15 AM »

The gun moves because something was ejected from it.  The rocket moves because burned fuel is ejected from it.  That is the action to the reaction.
No, you're wrong. This is the con job that gets told to you people. I'm serious when I tell people to use their own logic to see how absurd it is.

Your rocket does not recoil. It can't recoil like a fired bullet from a gun - as I said before.
You're basically trying to understand  that a rocket works like a pneumatic drill or a machine gun. It would shale itself to pieces on the launch pad in seconds.
A rocket burns it's fuel. That's all it does. It ignites then burns constantly until it's used up. It does not act like a recoil. Seriously have a think about it because denying it isn't affecting me, it's affecting you.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2015, 12:58:39 AM »

No, you're wrong. This is the con job that gets told to you people. I'm serious when I tell people to use their own logic to see how absurd it is.

Your rocket does not recoil. It can't recoil like a fired bullet from a gun - as I said before.
You're basically trying to understand  that a rocket works like a pneumatic drill or a machine gun. It would shale itself to pieces on the launch pad in seconds.
A rocket burns it's fuel. That's all it does. It ignites then burns constantly until it's used up. It does not act like a recoil. Seriously have a think about it because denying it isn't affecting me, it's affecting you.

The gas that's being expended has mass. It's rather simple septic
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2015, 01:05:47 AM »
Exactly, hoppy. People do neglect it. They assume that because things work down here, then up in the sky it's no problem either.
People seriously underestimate the power of 15 psi and will argue it to death. We can experiment to show how powerful it is.

They also believe that friction at sea level is a big hindrance to rocket flight or any movement. They can't see that it's required.
They mention that a rocket works better in space because there's no resistance. Honestly it has me scratching my head. I can expect someone to think that if they've never looked into it but these people proclaim themselves to be majors in every science known to man.

They fail to understand that machinery build down here is going to struggle the higher it goes.
They think that because we walk about down here, then 15psi is like a wafting summer breeze upon us, not realising that we are built to exist in it and thing little of it because our bodies are equalised to it.

A rocket is equalised to it until it takes off into the higher atmosphere. It's then that it becomes unequal and cannot perform the same function because gases expelled meet little resistance, meaning it's only option from that point is to fall back to the ground.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2015, 01:08:50 AM »

The gas that's being expended has mass. It's rather simple septic
Everything has mass no matter what it is. Mass ejected has to hit a resistance, which atmosphere provides.
You're only confusing yourself if you think rockets can work in your space, seriously. Try thinking for you instead of trying to push a lie.

ausGeoff

« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2015, 02:47:06 AM »
Guys..... I think we'd all agree by now that we're simply banging our heads against a brick wall in attempting to "educate" or "enlighten" sceptimatic about even high-school science stuff that any teenager could comprehend in a matter of minutes.

I can only assume that the guy is totally unschooled in any/all of the sciences—for whatever reasons—and is actually incapable of reconciling facts and figures in order to establish any workable theories.  He repeatedly writes quaint little personal homilies—as though he's the author of childrens' books—and that he's trying to impart some sort of philosophical or ethical principles to 8-year-olds.

He simply refutes all science and all scientists as "bullcrap" and "liars" and part of "the" conspiracy, and anybody who disagrees with his absurd notions "sheeple" or "idiots", or "stupid" or "shills", or just plain liars.  He also claims—ludicrously—that every accepted scientific theory is erroneous, and has been designed to control the larger population by disseminating disinformation—for decades.  All the time however not providing one single piece of contradictory supporting evidence of his own.

A pathetic character indeed.  But always good for a laugh to lighten up an otherwise dull working day.  Guaranteed.

« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2015, 03:33:16 AM »
Guys..... I think we'd all agree by now that we're simply banging our heads against a brick wall in attempting to "educate" or "enlighten" sceptimatic about even high-school science stuff that any teenager could comprehend in a matter of minutes.

I can only assume that the guy is totally unschooled in any/all of the sciences—for whatever reasons—and is actually incapable of reconciling facts and figures in order to establish any workable theories.  He repeatedly writes quaint little personal homilies—as though he's the author of childrens' books—and that he's trying to impart some sort of philosophical or ethical principles to 8-year-olds.

He simply refutes all science and all scientists as "bullcrap" and "liars" and part of "the" conspiracy, and anybody who disagrees with his absurd notions "sheeple" or "idiots", or "stupid" or "shills", or just plain liars.  He also claims—ludicrously—that every accepted scientific theory is erroneous, and has been designed to control the larger population by disseminating disinformation—for decades.  All the time however not providing one single piece of contradictory supporting evidence of his own.

A pathetic character indeed.  But always good for a laugh to lighten up an otherwise dull working day.  Guaranteed.
You are dog nasty Geoff .The very resistance removed  due to diminishing atmospheric  density at increased altitude , is the very resistance required to propel as well as stay buoyant. Oh & care to explane how fish born in the  deep depths of the occen can with stand pressures that would crush a person in a nanosecond. ?
When it comes to Jane's standards .I'm lower then an old stove she has in her garage.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2015, 03:39:45 AM »

You are dog nasty Geoff .The very resistance removed  due to diminishing atmospheric  density at increased altitude , is the very resistance required to propel as well as stay buoyant. Oh & care to explane how fish born in the  deep depths of the occen can with stand pressures that would crush a person in a nanosecond. ?

This is off topic, but can you explain how these fish can survive?
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2015, 03:42:33 AM »
Yes. That's how rockets work. The gas ignites in the chamber, and is forced out by the pressure of this reaction: that is the action. The reaction, is the movement of the ship.
My final attempt to try and educate. Doubt it'll work, but we'll see.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2015, 04:13:55 AM »
Yes. That's how rockets work. The gas ignites in the chamber, and is forced out by the pressure of this reaction: that is the action. The reaction, is the movement of the ship.
My final attempt to try and educate. Doubt it'll work, but we'll see.
No it's not.

The gas and oxygen are under pressure inside tanks. The gas and oxygen are then mixed once the valves are open.
Then they are ignited as they reach the chamber which is taking in atmospheric pressure. It must be open to do this or it doesn't work...The same with solid fuel.

Once that fuel is burning under pressure, that's when your rocket can exert enough thrust against the atmosphere because it EXPANDS the atmosphere along with the expansion of fuel by burning.
Because of this, it FORCES the atmosphere away from it. It creates a super low pressure inside that flame that the atmosphere pushes back onto to try and equalise it. It can never do that in its entirety because of the constant burning fuel but it does create a barrier - a springboard to that burning fuel, and continues doing so until that fuel runs out, or is not strong enough to hold up the rocket...or the atmosphere becomes too thin to act as a barrier.

Now let's do the same thing in your space. Let's use your moon as a surface to start from.
Ok, we are now dealing with ZERO atmosphere (as we are told) so your rocket ignites as before. It can push against the moons surface (in fantasy land) but it can't go anywhere because the gasses are expanding into - what?
There is no resistive force for the gases to expand into, so they freely expand into space with nothing to push back against it.
Your rocket is left standing. At best - and I'm allowing the benefit of a doubt here - your rocket would tip over due to smashing it's gases against the moons surface and back up the rocket nozzle to leave it laid on it's side.

Naturally this wouldn't happen because it's not a real scenario and never will be.
The point is, it cannot work in space. It cannot propel itself by using its own inner body and you should understand this but you won't understand it because like I said earlier in the topic...your interest is in not understanding it. Your interest is in keeping bogus rocket science alive for whatever reason.

I usually like to leave 1% open for error when I argue points but in this case I leave no % open, because I know for a fact that rockets cannot work in space, as we are told it is.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2015, 04:19:38 AM »
I usually like to leave 1% open for error when I argue points but in this case I leave no % open, because I know for a fact that rockets cannot work in space, as we are told it is.
Ok, tell you what. You seem to be missing the point of what I'm saying, but let's suppose you're correct. They've built vacuum chambers on Earth, they test rockets in them (as you can see after a simple google), so clearly anyone who's tried will see these rockets apparently don't work in vacuum.
So, wouldn't the conspiracy know this? Why would they pick rockets as a cause, if they know they don't work, and that others might be able to figure it out? Why do multiple replicated experiments show rockets working in vacuum? While they could be faked, how many times would they need to be?
In short, if you're right, why would this be the chosen cover story?

?

guv

« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2015, 04:29:00 AM »
Ok, tell you what. You seem to be missing the point of what I'm saying, but let's suppose you're correct. They've built vacuum chambers on Earth, they test rockets in them (as you can see after a simple google), so clearly anyone who's tried will see these rockets apparently don't work in vacuum.
So, wouldn't the conspiracy know this? Why would they pick rockets as a cause, if they know they don't work, and that others might be able to figure it out? Why do multiple replicated experiments show rockets working in vacuum? While they could be faked, how many times would they need to be?

Ion drive engines only work in a vacuum septic.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2015, 04:36:06 AM »
Ok let me try and logcally put this to you.

You can agree that a real vacuum cannot be made on earth. How much atmosphere is released is up for question but not relevant.
That being said, you can also agree that putting a rocket engine in a so called vacuum and igniting it will render the vacuum, not a vacuum at all, right?
Why?
Because you have just filled it with expended burning fuel, so yhere's the real scenario of a rocket motor tested in a so called vacuum chamber.
If it ignited, then in short order it would blast the chamber to hell or blast the engine out of the chamber due to built up pressure.

the truth is, it can't be done.

What could be done would be on a very small scale using a tiny rocket that is professed to work in a vacuum and put that in a chamber, then evacuate as much pressure as safely allowed. Then we would see if the tiny rocket would work.
This won't happen unless it's done under bogus conditions. Conditions where only the scientists get to show us - as they do with certain things.

You see, this is why people can be duped - because nobody has the means to test this stuff out. If they did, there would be no qualms about how bogus it is.
From that point on it would have to wake people up about the whole manned or even unmanned space shenanigans, which then leads far down the rabbit hole.

You have to remember that the space we are told about, is infinite or extremely huge as to not be anything other. This is what we've been fed and ate as a staple diet all
our lives.
So having said that, you have to understand that expelling a force in a chamber means you still have a chamber to resist that force. Space (as they tell us it is) does not supply any reactionary force.

Any person who believe a rocket can propel itself by action and reaction forces from inside without any outside influence must also believe that you can push yourself over with your own two hand or pick up both of your feet with both of your hands.

Anyone who thinks this, then I can't help you. It becomes impossible to engage a brain in forward gear that is seized  in reverse.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2015, 04:38:26 AM »

No drive works in any vacuum. There has to be a reactionary force against any force put into something, no matter what it is.
Fart, blow, heat up an electric element, burn fuel, coal, magnesium, throw medicine balls out the back. Nothing works in a vacuum. Nothing.

?

guv

« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2015, 04:42:05 AM »

No drive works in any vacuum. There has to be a reactionary force against any force put into something, no matter what it is.
Fart, blow, heat up an electric element, burn fuel, coal, magnesium, throw medicine balls out the back. Nothing works in a vacuum. Nothing.

Are you that stupid or are you just pretending. Dipshit spells dipshit to a smart person or a dumb one.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2015, 04:45:49 AM »

Are you that stupid or are you just pretending. Dipshit spells dipshit to a smart person or a dumb one.
That depends on you. You don't explain what ion drives do, you just go into kid like spasms. Come on out with it and tell me your expertise on this stuff.
Did you ever launch a ship with this drive and if so, tell me all about it.

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2015, 04:52:47 AM »

ion drive engines . Your joking right ? They have been dicking around with that unreliable  failure for years .every year they church up the bullshit of its potential for more funding. Its truly  pathetic the crap they will dribble out to grab the dollars.