Poll

Do you believe in FET

yes, absolutly
no, but I argue for FET anyway
no
yes, but I argue for RET anyway

How many FET believers are there on this board?

• 48 Replies

Orifiel

• Stalwart Pumpkin god supporter
Re: How many FET believers are there on this board?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2015, 07:11:36 PM »
5 FET believers as of yet?  Seems like this site is pointless.  No map, and as it turns out no believers.

THAT'S BECAUSE WHEN THEY REALISE THEY'RE WRONG, THEY'RE SO EMBARRASSED THEY LEAVE OMG THIS SITE IS GIVING ME STRESS
Je parle Français and yes, I am une fille

Pumpkin god 4 lyf

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2015, 07:45:09 PM »
I am still waiting to see the covers of the books you have supposedly authored...

Why is it that you've not demanded the same from your flat earth peer sceptimatic?  He claims to have authored a dozen books, so why do you hold a round earther to a far higher standard of competency than a flat earther?

Your flat earth bias is showing... again.  Whoops!
You have RE bias, so what?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Orifiel

• Stalwart Pumpkin god supporter
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2015, 07:53:59 PM »
I am still waiting to see the covers of the books you have supposedly authored...

Why is it that you've not demanded the same from your flat earth peer sceptimatic?  He claims to have authored a dozen books, so why do you hold a round earther to a far higher standard of competency than a flat earther?

Your flat earth bias is showing... again.  Whoops!
You have RE bias, so what?

We hold ours to standards. If a REer spouts some ridiculous claim, we will ask for proof. FEers don't. That's "so what"
Je parle Français and yes, I am une fille

Pumpkin god 4 lyf

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »
I voted YES, ABSOLUTELY!

Nice to hear that Sceptimatic and Saros are Round Earthers, after all!!!

Especially after i hit the final nail in HC-RET coffin:

GAME IS OVER - After my presentation of ZIGZAG argument nothing will ever be the same. I challenge anyone to refute this argument, but i tell you, this is absolutely irrefutable argument, and no one will ever succeed to refute it. : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

The Earth is tilted on it's axis and the time lapse video taken just shows the sun is not centralized over the planet.  The spin of the Earth creates the zigzag effect you're stoked on.  It's not exactly ground breaking.  Depending on the location you shoot the video you can get a more dramatic and lower dip on the horizon.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2015, 09:50:27 PM »
5 FET believers as of yet?  Seems like this site is pointless.  No map, and as it turns out no believers.

THAT'S BECAUSE WHEN THEY REALISE THEY'RE WRONG, THEY'RE SO EMBARRASSED THEY LEAVE OMG THIS SITE IS GIVING ME STRESS

Deep breaths.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

th3rm0m3t3r0

• At least 3 words, please.
  • It's SCIENCE!
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »
Not everyone that believes the Earth is flat is a member of these forums.
Besides, why would you even be arguing if you knew for sure that the Earth is round?
It would appear that you have some doubt. Otherwise, what would be the point?
I remember when I was like you. Just admit that you're not sure.
The realization that you've been lied to for your whole life can be a little devastating.
That's why people like you kick and scream and resist everything that flies in the face of your indoctrination.

I don't profess to be correct.
Quote from: sceptimatic
I am correct.

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2015, 10:58:46 AM »
Besides, why would you even be arguing if you knew for sure that the Earth is round?
The realization that you've been lied to for your whole life can be a little devastating.
That's why people like you kick and scream and resist everything that flies in the face of your indoctrination.
FEers always claim they can read minds.  I know without a shadow of a doubt that the earth is a spheroid.  I argue here to see if there is any hope for those still in the intellectual dark ages.  Sadly, at lest for the half dozen here, there appears to be no hope.  The arguments are just to far divorced from reality.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2015, 11:47:53 AM »

The first part of your post makes the last part patently false.

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2015, 11:51:36 AM »

If you had 5 cents and you went to buy a car, I could day you had no money.  Same idea here.

ausGeoff

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2015, 03:31:00 AM »

As a round earther, I visit this forum in the (probably vain) hope of educating those flat earthers with a broader perspective on our planet and the cosmos as to the facts and figures established by accredited scientists over the past five centuries or so that prove unequivocally that the planet is indeed an oblate spheroid.

Not all flat earthers on these forums are as delusional or ill-educated as saros or sceptimatic, or cikljamas or hoppy.

If I can at the very least encourage the better educated and more rational of the flat earthers to even consider for a moment that our planet could possibly be spherical, then I feel I'm not wasting my time debating with them on this forum.

Personally, I don't have anything to prove, and I've certainly never doubted the planetary scientific status quo at any time throughout my life.  I know that several flat earthers bring up the argumentum ad populum defence whenever I mention that all the world's estimated 6,000,000 accredited scientists all agree that the earth is spherical, but conversely they're unable to list even 6 scientists who believe the earth is flat—despite being asked numerous times.

And being of an amateur scientific bent, plus having worked in the civil/structural engineering disciplines all my working life, I have not the slightest doubt that the earth is spherical.  And why should I... particularly considering that the flat earthers have absolutely no contradictory evidence that they can bring to the table.

Scroto Gaggins

• Hobbiton represent
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 03:35:29 AM »

I'm here because i like to hear other people's points if view.
And to gloat a bit
They are taking the hobbits to Isengard.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2015, 05:44:40 AM »

If you had 5 cents and you went to buy a car, I could day you had no money.  Same idea here.

You could say that, but it would be patently false.

Though, this poll should go to show how outnumbered we are here.  Be patient with your questions.

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2015, 12:25:48 PM »

You could say that, but it would be patently false.

Though, this poll should go to show how outnumbered we are here.  Be patient with your questions.
Yes yes, I took a little poetic license.  But FET is 'in the noise', so effectively there are no FET believers.  I'm sorry that you don't exist, kind of a bummer.  And yes, woefully outnumbered.  But what normal folks would take as shameful, you are able to hold as a point of pride.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2015, 01:56:58 PM »
I'm sorry if the Flat Earth Society is too small to blip your radar, but you cannot categorically say that we do not exist just because we are few in numbers.

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2015, 02:03:41 PM »
I'm sorry if the Flat Earth Society is too small to blip your radar, but you cannot categorically say that we do not exist just because we are few in numbers.
Saying that believers in FET don't exist is more accurate than saying the earth is flat.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2015, 02:06:09 PM »
Saying that believers in FET don't exist is more accurate than saying the earth is flat.

Do you have evidence for this claim? The poll clearly states that there are at least 7 FE believers on this board.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2015, 03:09:36 PM »

Do you have evidence for this claim? The poll clearly states that there are at least 7 FE believers on this board.
Thank you, that's me evidence.  It was 5, now it's 7, still statistically insignificant.  FEers still don't exist.  You have been deleted by the 3 sigma outlier detection filter.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2015, 03:19:16 PM »
Thank you, that's me evidence.  It was 5, now it's 7, still statistically insignificant.  FEers still don't exist.  You have been deleted by the 3 sigma outlier detection filter.

Wth are you talking about? Have you finally cracked?
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2015, 03:34:22 PM »

Wth are you talking about? Have you finally cracked?
FET has been deleted from Science.  FET does not exist.  FEers don't even exist.  I know this comes as a shock to you.  As soon as it sinks in, the world will begin to grow dim and you will cease to even be a ghost.