Is FET fantasy by definition?

• 6 Replies
Is FET fantasy by definition?
« on: January 25, 2015, 03:42:07 PM »
After poking around here for a few weeks it seems clear to me that FET will never accept a single piece of evidence.  Also, they will not propose a single experiment to help decide the matter.  Also, there is not a single prediction that can be tested from FET.  FET can't predict the time of sunrise, when the next eclipse will be, the direction to travel from Seattle to Japan, the travel path of seismic signals in the earths crust, and on and on.  There is no physical evidence of FET and no physical evidence can ever show FET to be wrong.  So then it seems to me this is the definition of fantasy.  And certainly many posts on this forum seem to come from a bunch of geeks that are in withdraw after binging on D&D games.  If one accepts that FET is true as the starting point, one is already an alternate universe divorced from reality, and then anything goes.  Zaratan sex games, moon shrimp, bendy light, dark energy, Harvey the 6 foot rabbit, etc...

So, FET, put up or shut up.  What physical evidence would you accept as proof or disproof of FET?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: Is FET fantasy by definition?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 10:06:51 PM »
My sunspot observation experiment is disproof if FET, but I can't think of any proof.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 03:55:34 AM »
According to a flat-earther, it feels flat so that means it's flat, of course!

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 05:36:17 AM »
After poking around here for a few weeks it seems clear to me that FET will never accept a single piece of evidence.  Also, they will not propose a single experiment to help decide the matter.  Also, there is not a single prediction that can be tested from FET.  FET can't predict the time of sunrise, when the next eclipse will be, the direction to travel from Seattle to Japan, the travel path of seismic signals in the earths crust, and on and on.  There is no physical evidence of FET and no physical evidence can ever show FET to be wrong.  So then it seems to me this is the definition of fantasy.  And certainly many posts on this forum seem to come from a bunch of geeks that are in withdraw after binging on D&D games.  If one accepts that FET is true as the starting point, one is already an alternate universe divorced from reality, and then anything goes.  Zaratan sex games, moon shrimp, bendy light, dark energy, Harvey the 6 foot rabbit, etc...

So, FET, put up or shut up.  What physical evidence would you accept as proof or disproof of FET?

"There is no physical evidence of FET and no physical evidence can ever show FET to be wrong.  So then it seems to me this is the definition of fantasy."

So if there is no physical evidence to show RET to be wrong it means it is a fantasy? Yes, I agree with you! Funny argument you made there haha

By the way, not all people who think the Earth is not a sphere go by the flat Earth theory wiki or whatever absolute answers have been offerred by this website. You should keep this in mind. There is plenty of reasons to not believe 100% in the official science though. If you can't see any reasons, well, you are just too gullible and it is funny that the gullible one thinks the others are gullible. Think about it!

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 07:57:42 PM »

"There is no physical evidence of FET and no physical evidence can ever show FET to be wrong.  So then it seems to me this is the definition of fantasy."

So if there is no physical evidence to show RET to be wrong it means it is a fantasy? Yes, I agree with you! Funny argument you made there haha
Well, yes, exactly.  Not so hard to grasp.  If there is nothing that shows RET is wrong, then it is not wrong.  What we have for FET is the revers, stacks of evidence that shows it is wrong and no evidence that shows it is right. 
By the way, not all people who think the Earth is not a sphere go by the flat Earth theory wiki or whatever absolute answers have been offerred by this website. You should keep this in mind. There is plenty of reasons to not believe 100% in the official science though. If you can't see any reasons, well, you are just too gullible and it is funny that the gullible one thinks the others are gullible. Think about it!
Why do I have to believe 100% in the official science to know the earth is a spheroid?  There is plenty to question about science, that is how science moves forward.  And sure, you can question if the earth is flat.  But you also have to regather the facts after doing so.  To just say the earth is flat and ignore all facts is fantasy, and while it may make good science fiction, it is not useful in the real world.  Any science that can't make a prediction (string theory?) is really philosophy in my opinion, and if it is unfounded by the facts, it is dogma. 

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 08:31:06 PM »
My sunspot observation experiment is disproof if FET, but I can't think of any proof.

I think the subject title pretty well explains the FET.

My "Ham Radio Measurements Of The Distance From The Earth To The Moon"  ("Operation Moon Bounce")  is disproof of FET. But if you will go back to that  thread and see what happened to it I don't think you will find any proof of FET. LOL. 3,000 miles -vs- 238,150 miles ??? !!! . LOL.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:33:54 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 08:39:45 PM »

Waal now !.....You just wait a dog gone minute my friend !!!  Harvey never told me he was a member of The Flat Earth Society ! Don't get my dander up !!! Give Harvey  credit for some sense !!!
              Signed: Elwood P. Dowd

P.S. I don't think Harvey ever met Samuel Birley Rowbotham or Mr.(Dr ?, PhD ? , MD  ?) Rowbotham was one of Harvey's friends ?  Ya know....Harvey had been around for quite a while and had traveled a lot and was a lot older and wiser and more knoweledgeable about these things than you might think. I know this is true.-EPD-

In other words, you can believe in Harvey a lot easier than FET. LOL.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:14:32 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !