I'm anew believer to FE belief here's why.

• 33 Replies

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
Re: I'm anew believer to FE belief here's why.
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 07:25:18 PM »
I read it all and Thanks ,
I don't have any points i'm honestly here just to find out proof that the earth is flat or not and so far everyone is teaching me that my original points are easy to disprove I'm okay with that .
Dont worry, as long as you keep a reasonable attitude, Im fine with debate, this kind of questions are very natural.

I said this "2.Other planets do not spin ! ." From Earth i don't see any stars or the moon spin lol  I don't know it just looks like it's not spinning .
The moon does spin, and in fact it is the reason we always get to see the same face: the earth's spin and moon's spin are synchronized (through a complicate phenomena called tidal lock). Its similar to having a ball tied to cord, then start spinning really fast with it on your hands. You will always see the same face, though to an outsider both of you will be spinning. A gif of it:

I get the point that it's like fish in a tank if i toss the fish tank and not break the glass the fish do not know they moved . that's how earth to us . but i'm driven to see it spin the speed nasa say's it spins at it's just a Personal goal that may never come true .

There is an easy way of calculating the linear velocity caused by earth's rotation, without resorting to interferometrics and so. Lets say the earth is a perfect sphere of 12700 km of diameter. We know that the earth rotates at a rate of 1/24 turn per hour. Lets get this into SI units: (2pi radians)/(86400 seconds) = 7.3 × 10-5 rad / s
There is a formula to calculate the linear velocity of a point rotating around a disk (or anything that has only one axis of rotation):
V = omega[angular velocity] * radius. Therefore,
V = 7.3 × 10-5 rad / s * 6350 Km *3600 s/h= 1669 Km/h. And thats just the speed caused by rotation. Many people take into account far, far greater speeds, like the orbital speed around the sun, the speed of the solar system, the galactical orbit speed, the speed of the galaxy on our supercluster, etc. Movement is relative
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 08:44:13 PM »
no offence i just never understand why god belivers think the Bible is real but can ignore everything they don't agree with  :-\

Completely agree.
There are parts of the bible that state that people who lie about their virginity should be stoned to death  ;D

But strange to say that when the vast mountains of science say the earth is round and you say you think ts flat. :p
Believers are supposed to trust and follow god commands if he says the earth is flat why do they get to say "i believe in god but i think the earth is 3D ."  its called cherry picking the bible because it is fake and they get to attack anyone they want but have zero proof of any gods !
your trying to pick a fight with me over something that is at the fault of god believers not Atheist ,I read the bible i know it already so even if this earth is flat or round it will not make me re brainwash fear of any god into my brain ,you can re read every post and have already answered your question to me . That is why i said you are picking a fight ,and i also said i didn't want to turn it into a fight to the person i was speaking to so ,end of this discussion

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 08:52:57 PM »
no offence i just never understand why god belivers think the Bible is real but can ignore everything they don't agree with  :-\

Completely agree.
There are parts of the bible that state that people who lie about their virginity should be stoned to death  ;D

But strange to say that when the vast mountains of science say the earth is round and you say you think ts flat. :p

I am a proud RE-er.
Doesn't mean that I can't agree with FE-ers on some things (although rarely)

I don't think "us and them" mentalities are really advisable.
The assimilation has begun.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 09:00:18 PM »
I read it all and Thanks ,
I don't have any points i'm honestly here just to find out proof that the earth is flat or not and so far everyone is teaching me that my original points are easy to disprove I'm okay with that .
Dont worry, as long as you keep a reasonable attitude, Im fine with debate, this kind of questions are very natural.

I said this "2.Other planets do not spin ! ." From Earth i don't see any stars or the moon spin lol  I don't know it just looks like it's not spinning .
The moon does spin, and in fact it is the reason we always get to see the same face: the earth's spin and moon's spin are synchronized (through a complicate phenomena called tidal lock). Its similar to having a ball tied to cord, then start spinning really fast with it on your hands. You will always see the same face, though to an outsider both of you will be spinning. A gif of it:

I get the point that it's like fish in a tank if i toss the fish tank and not break the glass the fish do not know they moved . that's how earth to us . but i'm driven to see it spin the speed nasa say's it spins at it's just a Personal goal that may never come true .

There is an easy way of calculating the linear velocity caused by earth's rotation, without resorting to interferometrics and so. Lets say the earth is a perfect sphere of 12700 km of diameter. We know that the earth rotates at a rate of 1/24 turn per hour. Lets get this into SI units: (2pi radians)/(86400 seconds) = 7.3 × 10-5 rad / s
There is a formula to calculate the linear velocity of a point rotating around a disk (or anything that has only one axis of rotation):
V = omega[angular velocity] * radius. Therefore,
V = 7.3 × 10-5 rad / s * 6350 Km *3600 s/h= 1669 Km/h. And thats just the speed caused by rotation. Many people take into account far, far greater speeds, like the orbital speed around the sun, the speed of the solar system, the galactical orbit speed, the speed of the galaxy on our supercluster, etc. Movement is relative
I never been good at math or writing so wowzers this flew over my head :( . I still  get the lesson you are teaching me .I stand corrected about my original reason for posting those questions  8) Thanks guy .