If the earth is flat...

• 16 Replies
If the earth is flat...
« on: January 21, 2015, 12:41:21 AM »
Hey guys, i am new to the flat earth society, and a legitimate member now!  YA!!!!   8) 8) 8)

My co-workers have already started mocking me, and I assume that many people will.  The main argument I am getting from my coworkers is "If the earth is flat, what happens when you get to the end?"  I cannot for the life of me come up with an answer myself.  Can someone please help me out and explain to these ignorant round earthers why we dont fall off the earth.  Thanks guys.

Re: If the earth is flat...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 01:06:49 AM »
Hey guys, i am new to the flat earth society, and a legitimate member now!  YA!!!!   8) 8) 8)

My co-workers have already started mocking me, and I assume that many people will.  The main argument I am getting from my coworkers is "If the earth is flat, what happens when you get to the end?"  I cannot for the life of me come up with an answer myself.  Can someone please help me out and explain to these ignorant round earthers why we dont fall off the earth.  Thanks guys.

That is easy. There is no end! You can't fall off if that is what you're asking.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 04:00:07 AM »
So the world is infinite? 

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 04:31:14 AM »

It really depends on which flat earther you ask. Some will say it is infinite, some will say there is a wall of ice. A good starting point would be the flat earth wiki which gives you a general view of what some flat earth models look like.

HumanKentipede

• The defeat of Scepti was a sweet victory.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 05:46:05 AM »
If, a flat earth theorist beleived that the earth beyond the ice wall was infinite, would he/she maintain the assumption there was other biomes in that area of land, other than just ice?
Leatherman: Leave nothing undone.

?

13jer36

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 02:09:37 PM »
In those other biomes they wonder the same!

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 02:35:06 PM »
If, a flat earth theorist beleived that the earth beyond the ice wall was infinite, would he/she maintain the assumption there was other biomes in that area of land, other than just ice?

Yes, some flat-earth theorists postulate that there are other (possibly infinite) suns circling above other areas.

?

13jer36

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 01:50:07 PM »
Of course they do. That would follow this pattern

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 09:30:56 PM »
So if the world is infinite, wouldnt we always be discovering new lands?   This also means that there are an infinite number of places to live for the human population.  Or are we to also believe that the water is just infinite, and all the land masses have already be found? Could atlantis still be out there somewhere if the world is infinte? 

HumanKentipede

• The defeat of Scepti was a sweet victory.
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 01:34:02 AM »
So if the world is infinite, wouldnt we always be discovering new lands?   This also means that there are an infinite number of places to live for the human population.  Or are we to also believe that the water is just infinite, and all the land masses have already be found? Could atlantis still be out there somewhere if the world is infinte? 
absolutely.
arguably, the other human races (if they do indeed exist) would either be equal, or of a higher or lower intelligence and level of social development. Basing my assumption upon the belief they would be equal, one party would surely have found another.
Leatherman: Leave nothing undone.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 08:41:01 AM »

The sun isn't infinite and it's unknown how far apart "suns" are from each other.  They could be an untravelable distance away.

iWitness

• If the earth is round then what is your problem?
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 08:14:26 AM »
It's a bit more complicated than most realize. Basically, if you travel South (away from the North Star) you will eventually run into a giant 150+ foot Ice wall. Authorities call this giant ice wall "Antarctica" and it is a fact that Antarctica is made up of 95% Ice wall. If you don't believe me, just ask Wikipedia:

Coastal types around Antarctica:

Ice shelf (floating ice front)    44%
Ice walls (resting on ground)    38%
Ice stream/outlet glacier (ice front or ice wall)    13%
Rock    5%
Total    100%

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctica#Geography

Now whether or not this Ice wall is part of a circular continent at the bottom of a sphere-shaped earth, or a giant ring of ice surrounding a flat disc earth is for you to decide.

According to the Bible, God created a Firmament in the midst of the Great Deep (Waters) to separate Water Above from Water below and He called the Firmament "Sky" or "Heaven". Then God commanded the waters Under the Firmament to be gathered to one place and let Dry Land appear, which He called "Earth".

Here is a picture of Creation according to the Bible:

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Isaiah 40:22

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Genesis 6:8

Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies.
Psalm 148:4

The Hebrew word for Firmament is "Raqiya" which comes from the root word raqa and can be found in several passages including Isaiah 40:19 - "The idol! a workman casts it, and a goldsmith overlays it with gold, and casts for it silver chains." The word "overlay" is the verb root raqa. Raqa is the process of hammering out a piece of gold or other metal into thin plates which was then applied to a carved or molten image.

source: http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/27_firmament.html

can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?
Job 37:18

So to answer your question about what would happen if you reached the edge of the earth? Basically, if you climbed the Ice wall it would be nothing but Flat Ice as far as the eye can see. If you traveled further South it would get colder, darker and windier even pitch black depending which direction you were headed. You may actually reach the ends of the earth where the Firmament rests on the Ground, or where the 4 Portals for the Winds are located. But chances are you will not get that far. There is even a Chasm in the East that separates us from the Garden of Eden and the land lay in Darkness, this is North/East of China.

Here is an ancient map with the Chasm and Wind portals. That is the Mediterranean Sea (Middle of the Earth sea) in the Middle-Left of the Map. The Kaspian Sea leading to the Northern Ocean at the Top. Many ancient maps show the Caspian Sea leading to the Northern Ocean, something that is being covered up/lied about today.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 08:40:45 AM by iWitness »
Disclaimer: I am confused. Everything I say is speculative and not admissible in a court of law; however, I am neither insane nor a threat to myself or others. I am simply curious about everything in life and enjoy talking about crazy shit. Oh, & btw I like turtles.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 08:56:13 AM »
If there's an infinite number of other suns out there and therefore an infinite number of flat-Earths, possibly also inhabited, then there's an infinite number of combinations for courses of development of life and history for these Earths, and therefore it's possible there are versions almost identical to us, and possibly even an exact identical copy of you sitting at your computer reading this very same post.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 02:58:07 PM »
Here is my personal theory on how the Flat Earth model works.

Please ask before using this diagram.

The blue you see is aether. It pushes the Earth up at 1g, and also shields the Earth from space debris and keeps the water in due to aetheric overflow. The aether overflows into a vortex that it itself creates, this vortex turns into a whirlpool which keeps the Sun and Moon discs in rotation above the Earth.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:00:07 PM by Vauxhall »
Read the FAQS.

ausGeoff

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 09:56:06 PM »
The blue you see is aether. It pushes the Earth up at 1g, and also shields the Earth from space debris and keeps the water in due to aetheric overflow. The aether overflows into a vortex that it itself creates, this vortex turns into a whirlpool which keeps the Sun and Moon discs in rotation above the Earth.

Firstly, you need to define what exactly constitutes both the "aether" and the resulting aether "wall". 

Q1.  What continuous energy source powers the aether and/or the wall, and where's its point of origin?   

Q2.  How can a (presumably) gaseous material protect the earth from physical space debris?

Q3.  What evidence do you have that proves the moon and the sun are "discs" rather than spheres (as you show)?  Any link to your earlier explanations will be fine.

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 06:21:01 AM »

I can definitely relate to what answers you are trying to find to help you understand the universe around you.

The pursuit that helps motivate me is,

I do not know for sure "what the universe is" however  I have some serious doubts as to "what it is not".
It is my goal to avoid beliefs and dogmas and only form my understandings on the Truths that I can personally verify as universally factually and self evident.

As to date, many of the things I have witnessed in the world around me, tends to conflict with a round earth model of our planet.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 10:47:07 AM »
It's a bit more complicated than most realize. Basically, if you travel South (away from the North Star) you will eventually run into a giant 150+ foot Ice wall. Authorities call this giant ice wall "Antarctica" and it is a fact that Antarctica is made up of 95% Ice wall. If you don't believe me, just ask Wikipedia:

Coastal types around Antarctica:

Ice shelf (floating ice front)    44%
Ice walls (resting on ground)    38%
Ice stream/outlet glacier (ice front or ice wall)    13%
Rock    5%
Total    100%

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctica#Geography

Now whether or not this Ice wall is part of a circular continent at the bottom of a sphere-shaped earth, or a giant ring of ice surrounding a flat disc earth is for you to decide.

According to the Bible, God created a Firmament in the midst of the Great Deep (Waters) to separate Water Above from Water below and He called the Firmament "Sky" or "Heaven". Then God commanded the waters Under the Firmament to be gathered to one place and let Dry Land appear, which He called "Earth".

Here is a picture of Creation according to the Bible:

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Isaiah 40:22

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Genesis 6:8

Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies.
Psalm 148:4

The Hebrew word for Firmament is "Raqiya" which comes from the root word raqa and can be found in several passages including Isaiah 40:19 - "The idol! a workman casts it, and a goldsmith overlays it with gold, and casts for it silver chains." The word "overlay" is the verb root raqa. Raqa is the process of hammering out a piece of gold or other metal into thin plates which was then applied to a carved or molten image.

source: http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/27_firmament.html

can you join him in spreading out the skies, hard as a mirror of cast bronze?
Job 37:18

So to answer your question about what would happen if you reached the edge of the earth? Basically, if you climbed the Ice wall it would be nothing but Flat Ice as far as the eye can see. If you traveled further South it would get colder, darker and windier even pitch black depending which direction you were headed. You may actually reach the ends of the earth where the Firmament rests on the Ground, or where the 4 Portals for the Winds are located. But chances are you will not get that far. There is even a Chasm in the East that separates us from the Garden of Eden and the land lay in Darkness, this is North/East of China.

Here is an ancient map with the Chasm and Wind portals. That is the Mediterranean Sea (Middle of the Earth sea) in the Middle-Left of the Map. The Kaspian Sea leading to the Northern Ocean at the Top. Many ancient maps show the Caspian Sea leading to the Northern Ocean, something that is being covered up/lied about today.

Your flat Earth model does not explain time zones, do you think that time zones don't actually exist?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.