Are lunar eclipses caused by temperature, pressure, smog or pollen?

• 33 Replies
During a discussion about the so-called "Shadow Object", jroa stated that lunar eclipses are caused by temperature, pressure, smog or pollen in Earth's atmosphere (or atmoplane, as he calls it).  But despite numerous requests, he provided no other information about this theory.  Please, jroa, tell us which of these four variables causes lunar eclipses, and provide some detail as to how it works.
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Are lunar eclipses caused by temperature, pressure, smog or pollen?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 09:23:21 AM »
I said the sky and clouds turn red.  I have seen this phenomena in the past, even when no lunar eclipse was predicted.  Do you even read the posts that you reference, or do you just like to make stuff up and try to pretend that other people said it?

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 09:27:41 AM »
I said the sky and clouds turn red.  I have seen this phenomena in the past, even when no lunar eclipse was predicted.  Do you even read the posts that you reference, or do you just like to make stuff up and try to pretend that other people said it?
Next time you see this phenomena, why don't you take a picture of it?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 09:33:21 AM »

You really want for me to take a picture of a red sky in the morning or evening?  I will do that for you, but it would be quicker for you to google "red sky pics".

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:20:33 AM »

You really want for me to take a picture of a red sky in the morning or evening?  I will do that for you, but it would be quicker for you to google "red sky pics".

Your claim was that those things caused lunar eclipses. Red skies are an irrelevant strawman. Red skies /= lunar eclipse.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 11:24:27 AM »

So you're saying that astronomers are able to predict when red clouds are going to suddenly appear in front of the moon? That's a big hole in your theory because their predictions are made based on the position of the moon, earth and sun.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 11:29:58 AM »

Your claim was that those things caused lunar eclipses. Red skies are an irrelevant strawman. Red skies /= lunar eclipse.

My claim was that I saw red clouds back in April of this year when the eclipse was supposed to have happened.  I also claimed that I have seen red skies before and since then.  Did you even read the thread?  You make your side look dumber and dumber with every post you make. 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 11:32:04 AM »

So you're saying that astronomers are able to predict when red clouds are going to suddenly appear in front of the moon? That's a big hole in your theory because their predictions are made based on the position of the moon, earth and sun.

Astronomers predict things based on previous events.  Prove me wrong, if you can. 

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 11:32:15 AM »
  You make your side look dumber and dumber with every post you make.

Excellent, we'll soon have a level playing field with you lot, then.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 12:24:53 PM »
My claim was that I saw red clouds back in April of this year when the eclipse was supposed to have happened.  I also claimed that I have seen red skies before and since then.  Did you even read the thread?  You make your side look dumber and dumber with every post you make.

We are talking about lunar eclipses, not the color of the sky.  You claimed that lunar eclipses, which are easily explained by RET, are in fact caused by temperature, pressure, smog or pollen, although you did not specify which one.  So which is it?  This is a very simple question.  Please answer it.
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 01:02:47 PM »
jroa, I don't mean to interrupt your train of thought as you work on a formula that describes how the a pollen count on Earth can make the Moon look red on a certain date long into the future, but I think this is interesting: there is going to be a lunar eclipse on April 4, 2015.  Here is one site that talks about that predication: http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/list-lunar.html.

Assuming, as you say, that temperature, pressure, smog or pollen is the true explanation of the color of the Moon during an eclipse, please explain how any of these variables can be predicted months in advance, keeping in mind that meteorologists are lucky to predict these things a few days in advance.

Or do you contend that the Moon will not turn red on the predicted date?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 06:27:02 AM »

We are talking about lunar eclipses, not the color of the sky.  You claimed that lunar eclipses, which are easily explained by RET, are in fact caused by temperature, pressure, smog or pollen, although you did not specify which one.  So which is it?  This is a very simple question.  Please answer it.

I claimed that I saw red clouds during the eclipse.  I also claimed that I have seen this when no eclipse was scheduled.  I did not, however, claim that pollen or dust or what ever caused an eclipse.  You people will grasp at any tiny little piece of straw that you can find.  It is actually pathetic.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 07:53:36 AM »
I claimed that I saw red clouds during the eclipse.  I also claimed that I have seen this when no eclipse was scheduled.  I did not, however, claim that pollen or dust or what ever caused an eclipse.
So, why, exactly, did you bring up these pieces of irrelevant trivia in a thread entitled:

Looks like you are just making intentional derails for your own amusement.  Moderate yourself.  I suggest a week long ban.

It is actually pathetic.

*yawn* enough with the passive-aggressive shtick.  It's boring and shit.  People come here for a bit of a debate, you don't have to be such a dick all the time.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:12:57 AM by JimmyTheCrab »
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 08:10:29 AM »

I claimed that I saw red clouds during the eclipse.  I also claimed that I have seen this when no eclipse was scheduled.  I did not, however, claim that pollen or dust or what ever caused an eclipse.
So, why, exactly, did you bring up these pieces of irrelevant trivia in a thread entitled:

Looks like you are just making intentional derails for your own amusement.  Moderate yourself.  I suggest a week long ban.

It is actually pathetic.

*yawn* enough with the passive-aggressive shtick.  It's boring and shit.  People come here for a bit of a debate, you don't have to be such a dick all the time.
It seems that FErs often speak in 'Fraudulese'.  It is a method of speaking that is intended to imply an idea without directly specifying the idea so that one can later backtrack if necessary.  Here is an interesting article:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26127-use-of-language-of-deceit-betrays-scientific-fraud.html#.VL59E6Ynb-s
The FEer will never retract or admit a lie, but their language itself can betray them. 

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »
I did not, however, claim that pollen or dust or what ever caused an eclipse.  You people will grasp at any tiny little piece of straw that you can find.  It is actually pathetic.

First, you questioned the existence of lunar eclipse.  Next, you said atmoplanic conditions account for the reddening.  You then went on to clarify what atmoplanic conditions consists of:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62432.msg1647291#msg1647291

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 05:21:24 PM »
I did not, however, claim that pollen or dust or what ever caused an eclipse.  You people will grasp at any tiny little piece of straw that you can find.  It is actually pathetic.

First, you questioned the existence of lunar eclipse.  Next, you said atmoplanic conditions account for the reddening.  You then went on to clarify what atmoplanic conditions consists of:

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62432.msg1647291#msg1647291

lol, go back and actually read the thread.  I specifically said that I don't know what causes lunar eclipses.  I then claimed that I have seen red clouds in the past and asked a question if atmoplanic conditions could be responsible for red clouds.  I never said that atmoplanic conditions cause eclipses.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 05:27:12 PM »

lol, go back and actually read the thread.  I specifically said that I don't know what causes lunar eclipses.  I then claimed that I have seen red clouds in the past and asked a question if atmoplanic conditions could be responsible for red clouds.  I never said that atmoplanic conditions cause eclipses.
Why didn't you just clear that up ages ago? 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 05:40:16 PM »

Why didn't you just clear that up ages ago? 

I thought people could read.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 05:45:22 PM »

That was a fatal error.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 05:57:31 PM »

That was a fatal error.
U is PPL 2, Dr.V.  Or are you one of them lizard people!  <ducking for hit from mod on low content posting.  But Mom, he started it....>

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2015, 09:17:18 PM »
According to you, there is no anti-moon.

You did say atmoplanic conditions could account for the reddening.  Now you acknowledge that it is not the cause of lunar eclipses.

So, jroa, what IS your best guess what causes lunar eclipses?  If you do not know, simply say "I do not know.". That is a respectable answer that none can fault you.  But please, I beg you, no more rhetorical deflecting question s/non-answers.

"I honestly do not know.  None of the current proposed theories resonate with me.  I'm still going through a retrospective process while awaiting for new theories to be developed."

One could hope...

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 09:22:07 PM by macrohard »

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 02:08:42 AM »
If you do not know, simply say "I do not know.". That is a respectable answer that none can fault you.  But please, I beg you, no more rhetorical deflecting question s/non-answers.

Personally, I have never seen a lunar eclipse.  I cannot comment for sure on what it is, nor can I even say it even exists. 

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 03:09:40 AM »
lol, go back and actually read the thread.  I specifically said that I don't know what causes lunar eclipses.
It's caused by earth's shadow.  Glad to be of help.

I then claimed that I have seen red clouds in the past and asked a question if atmoplanic conditions could be responsible for red clouds.  I never said that atmoplanic conditions cause eclipses.
So you brought something totally off-topic and irrelevant to the thread to intentionally divert discussion?

Moderator, moderate yourself!
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2015, 01:03:48 PM »
JROA: Weeks ago you very clearly stated that "atmoplanic conditions" could explain the appearance of lunar eclipses, and when you were asked to be more specific, you said that you were referring to "temperature, pressure, smog or pollen."  So please tell us which one it is and how the process works.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 01:20:21 PM »
JROA: Weeks ago you very clearly stated that "atmoplanic conditions" could explain the appearance of lunar eclipses, and when you were asked to be more specific, you said that you were referring to "temperature, pressure, smog or pollen."  So please tell us which one it is and how the process works.

Are you people really that dense?  Do I need to repeat it over and over?  I asked if atmoplanic conditions could be responsible for things in the sky turning red.  It was a question.  You people act like you are soooo confused about somebody asking a question, that you make stuff up and pretend that I said it.  Please, go actually read the thread.  I swear, it is like I am talking to 6 year olds. 

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 01:29:54 PM »

Are you people really that dense?  Do I need to repeat it over and over?  I asked if atmoplanic conditions could be responsible for things in the sky turning red.  It was a question.  You people act like you are soooo confused about somebody asking a question, that you make stuff up and pretend that I said it.  Please, go actually read the thread.  I swear, it is like I am talking to 6 year olds.

So I take it you have no explanation for how a reddish Moon can be predicted years in advance?  If temperature can explain it, please tell us how it works and how the temperature that produces this effect can be predicted years in advance.

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 01:32:55 PM »

I know you don't know what causes lunar and solar eclipses, but is it possible they are caused by the moon covering the sun?  Not thinking about FE or RE, you can just take note of where the moon is and where the sun is over time, and you could empirically predict the position of the moon to be very near the position of the sun during a solar eclipse.  Since lunar eclipses happen during the full moon, we know the moon is rising right as the sun is setting, so we do know they are on opposite sides of the sky.  Do you believe there will be a full solar eclipse in the summer of 2017?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 02:01:02 PM »

So I take it you have no explanation for how a reddish Moon can be predicted years in advance?  If temperature can explain it, please tell us how it works and how the temperature that produces this effect can be predicted years in advance.

Did you even read the thread?  I said,"I don't know."  What are you having problems understanding?  Are you going to try to say that I claimed unicorns cause the lunar eclipse simply because I don't know if they exist or not?  What else are you going to pretend that I said next?  This is really getting pathetic, after several weeks of me saying that I did not say that and not one of you quoting where I did.  I think I am done  with this topic.  Let me know when you people learn to read. 

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 02:04:40 PM »

Did you even read the thread?  I said,"I don't know."  What are you having problems understanding?  Are you going to try to say that I claimed unicorns cause the lunar eclipse simply because I don't know if they exist or not?  What else are you going to pretend that I said next?  This is really getting pathetic, after several weeks of me saying that I did not say that and not one of you quoting where I did.  I think I am done  with this topic.  Let me know when you people learn to read.

Ok, so you are admitting that the flat earth model cannot explain lunar eclipses, right?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 02:12:27 PM »

Ok, so you are admitting that the flat earth model cannot explain lunar eclipses, right?

I am saying that I am done with this topic unless you people can prove that i said what you claim I have said.  Good day.