Are North Korea and the United States secretly friends?

• 38 Replies
Re: Are North Korea and the United States secretly friends?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 09:23:27 AM »
FE theorists take pride in their questionning or "thinking for themselves" yet you automatically believe one story because it helps validate your theory while dismissing the other (same news agency) because it involves NASA. Not once did you question the article that helps you. Hypocritical, just a little?

If NASA and the governments of the world are liars then why wouldn't a couple of German scientist be liars too?

I thought this thread was about North Korea?  Why do you people like to bounce around so much?  I showed that the DPRK does not need to be in on a conspiracy, which was the main subject of this topic.  Then, I get bombarded with everything unrelated that I can imagine.  If you want to discuss NASA or anything else, perhaps you should make your own thread.  I would be happy to discuss that with you there.

I was asking why do you readily accept without questionning the AP article pertaining to NK "fake missiles" so yes it is relevant to your theory that NK is faking their power.

Who knows? Maybe AP is lying too.

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 09:23:56 AM »
So if the same agency reports that NK has a successful satellite launch, what then?  Yes, the first attempt failed, but who knows, maybe they'll get a chuck of metal into orbit.

Maybe you should actually read this thread.  I was referring to fake missiles, not fake satellite launches.  Maybe you could even read the article that I posted?  It would be nice to talk with you on the same page.
And what pray tell is a satellite launched from?  And the thread is about NK and US friendship, so by that standard all this talk of fake missiles should be out as well.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2015, 09:34:32 AM »
I was asking why do you readily accept without questionning the AP article pertaining to NK "fake missiles" so yes it is relevant to your theory that NK is faking their power.

The AP gets their information from other sources.  The information about the fake missiles came from German Analysts.  The information about the ISS came from NASA.  Do you really have such a hard time discerning reliable sources?

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2015, 09:42:17 AM »

The AP gets their information from other sources.  The information about the fake missiles came from German Analysts.  The information about the ISS came from NASA.  Do you really have such a hard time discerning reliable sources?

If you believe the conspiracy and that the world is lying to us then why is it so easy for you to believe articles from mainstream media? How do you know AP or the German analysts aren't lying? It is a simple question.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2015, 12:46:44 PM »
Why would anyone prefer to believe someone else (whoever it was) than his own eyes?
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2015, 01:06:38 PM »

The AP gets their information from other sources.  The information about the fake missiles came from German Analysts. 
Analysts and the AP also reported Saddam had WMD.  Don't believe everything you read jroa.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2015, 02:08:37 PM »
Why would anyone prefer to believe someone else (whoever it was) than his own eyes?

I've seen the ISS with my own eyes, so I guess thats real now?
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

ausGeoff

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2015, 02:55:26 AM »
So how can you be sure the sources on NK missiles AP article are reliable? Why the double standard? Because it suits your beliefs?

It's an element of cognitive science called "confirmation bias", which is a phenomenon wherein proponents of a claim are shown to actively seek out and assign more weight to evidence that confirms their hypotheses, and ignore and/or underweigh evidence that could disconfirm their hypotheses.  And as such, it can be thought of as a form of selection bias in evaluating evidence.

It's a technique that jroa frequently (if unwittingly) utilises.

And bear in mind that earlier on, jroa attempted to derail this thread about Korea by posting:  "Iran pretended to launch a monkey into space and retrieve him.  However, before and after pictures of the monkey show that they were obviously two different monkeys".  He then—ironically—posts:  "Why do you people [REs] like to bounce around so much?"

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2015, 12:20:10 PM »
So how can you be sure the sources on NK missiles AP article are reliable? Why the double standard? Because it suits your beliefs?

It's an element of cognitive science called "confirmation bias", which is a phenomenon wherein proponents of a claim are shown to actively seek out and assign more weight to evidence that confirms their hypotheses, and ignore and/or underweigh evidence that could disconfirm their hypotheses.  And as such, it can be thought of as a form of selection bias in evaluating evidence.

It's a technique that jroa frequently (if unwittingly) utilises.

And bear in mind that earlier on, jroa attempted to derail this thread about Korea by posting:  "Iran pretended to launch a monkey into space and retrieve him.  However, before and after pictures of the monkey show that they were obviously two different monkeys".  He then—ironically—posts:  "Why do you people [REs] like to bounce around so much?"

I have noticed the tendency of flat earthers to vanish or evade questions when its crunch time. Especially answering questions with other questions is something certain flat earthers are good at.