What is on the other side?

• 24 Replies
What is on the other side?
« on: January 13, 2015, 04:12:08 PM »
I've only just found out about the flat earth society, and have lots of questions. My main one is, if the earth is flat, what is on the other side to what we live on? Is it another world?  Or is there only one side?

This leads to my second question, if there is only one side, does that mean there is only one side to outer space? Like only above, nothing below?

Serious question here. I would like to hear from believers, if there are any.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
Re: What is on the other side?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 04:17:42 PM »
Truthfully, we don't know what lies beyond the Ice Wall. Apparently the weather is too harsh for life to survive above the surface. There are many theories about what lies beyond however. My personal theory is that the vastness of space lies beyond, but others will argue that the Earth is truly an infinite plane.

It seems to me as if you should read up about FET on our wiki, as some of your questions have already been answered. Universal Acceleration prevents life from evolving on the other side of the Earth disc, due to the upward force that is always acting on us.

And, as you should know, space is infinite. FET does not mean that space is a 2 dimensional flat surface with one side.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 04:29:49 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I am going to read into this with a genuinely open mind. It is one of them things that sounds so out there, it could be true.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 04:52:29 PM »
Truthfully, we don't know what lies beyond the Ice Wall. Apparently the weather is too harsh for life to survive above the surface. There are many theories about what lies beyond however. My personal theory is that the vastness of space lies beyond, but others will argue that the Earth is truly an infinite plane.

It seems to me as if you should read up about FET on our wiki, as some of your questions have already been answered. Universal Acceleration prevents life from evolving on the other side of the Earth disc, due to the upward force that is always acting on us.

And, as you should know, space is infinite. FET does not mean that space is a 2 dimensional flat surface with one side.
As to this ice wall, why don't we ever see it, even from satellite images.  The question is more, what lies beyond the imaginary ice wall.  Pretty much anything you want.  Proof by contradiction allows one to write any statement they wish once a contradiction has been shown.  There is no ice wall in this reality, yet in the imaginary reality that does have the ice wall, one can put whatever they like behind it.  Same as to what is under us.  It is like asking what is on the other side of a mirror.  You can look behind it and see the wall, or you can imagine that there is a secret dimension that allows you to pass your hand into some mirrored mystical word, all you have to do is believe it is true and suspend your belief in the wall behind the mirror. 

Perhaps the ice wall is a magical particle that has a dual existence, it is at the same time a thin loop of ice, one or two molecules thick and yet dimensionally it has no volume.  Outside of the loop is nonexistence, a magical space that transports mass from one end to the other as if it does not exist.  The wall is so perfect and thin, the ice is clear and not visible to the human eye.  Touch one of the walls with your hand, and your hand pushes through and appears on the other side.  Light after all is a particle and a wave, so this too must be possible.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 04:55:55 PM by gpssjim »

Vauxhall

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 05:03:52 PM »

As to this ice wall, why don't we ever see it, even from satellite images.  The question is more, what lies beyond the imaginary ice wall.  Pretty much anything you want.  Proof by contradiction allows one to write any statement they wish once a contradiction has been shown.  There is no ice wall in this reality, yet in the imaginary reality that does have the ice wall, one can put whatever they like behind it.  Same as to what is under us.  It is like asking what is on the other side of a mirror.  You can look behind it and see the wall, or you can imagine that there is a secret dimension that allows you to pass your hand into some mirrored mystical word, all you have to do is believe it is true and suspend your belief in the wall behind the mirror. 

Perhaps the ice wall is a magical particle that has a dual existence, it is at the same time a thin loop of ice, one or two molecules thick and yet dimensionally it has no volume.  Outside of the loop is nonexistence, a magical space that transports mass from one end to the other as if it does not exist.  The wall is so perfect and thin, the ice is clear and not visible to the human eye.  Touch one of the walls with your hand, and your hand pushes through and appears on the other side.  Light after all is a particle and a wave, so this too must be possible.

You need to do your research. The Ice Wall has been observed by reputable explorers. Here is a quote from famous British Naval Officer Sir James Clark Ross:

"It was ... an obstruction of such character as to leave no doubt in my mind as to our future proceedings, for we might as well sail through the cliffs of Dover as to penetrate such a mass.
It would be impossible to conceive a more solid-looking mass of ice; not the smallest appearance of any rent or fissure could we discover throughout its whole extent, and the intensely bright sky beyond it but too plainly indicated the great distance to which it reached southward."

The Ice Wall surronds 95% of the Antarctic coast. So to answer your question: people see it all the time... unless you're calling this knighted man a liar? Is that the case?
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 05:15:40 PM »

You need to do your research. The Ice Wall has been observed by reputable explorers. Here is a quote from famous British Naval Officer Sir James Clark Ross:

"It was ... an obstruction of such character as to leave no doubt in my mind as to our future proceedings, for we might as well sail through the cliffs of Dover as to penetrate such a mass.
It would be impossible to conceive a more solid-looking mass of ice; not the smallest appearance of any rent or fissure could we discover throughout its whole extent, and the intensely bright sky beyond it but too plainly indicated the great distance to which it reached southward."

The Ice Wall surronds 95% of the Antarctic coast. So to answer your question: people see it all the time... unless you're calling this knighted man a liar? Is that the case?
I have no doubt there are ice cliffs on the coast of Antarctica.  What is on the other side of the cliff is Antarctica, and further still the South Pole. There is no ring of ice on the outer edge of some pizza pie shaped earth.  What is the length of the ice wall (the circumference of the disk shaped flat earth)?

Vauxhall

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 05:23:56 PM »
There is no ring of ice on the outer edge of some pizza pie shaped earth.

Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim?

What is the length of the ice wall (the circumference of the disk shaped flat earth)?

The entire coast of the Ice Wall is not one single complete wall. There are actually a series of thousand mile long walls, divided by Transantarctic Mountain Ranges up to 11,500 feet high. The weight of The Ice Walls are so enormous that they have literally pressed the land two thirds of a mile (one kilometer) into the earth. Under the massive forces of their own weight, the ice walls deform and drag themselves outward. Very large glaciers called ice streams flow through them continually, transporting ice from deep inland out to the sea.

As far as the exact size: that is still being determined.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 05:31:12 PM »
There is no ring of ice on the outer edge of some pizza pie shaped earth.

Do you have any evidence to support this outlandish claim?

What is the length of the ice wall (the circumference of the disk shaped flat earth)?

The entire coast of the Ice Wall is not one single complete wall. There are actually a series of thousand mile long walls, divided by Transantarctic Mountain Ranges up to 11,500 feet high. The weight of The Ice Walls are so enormous that they have literally pressed the land two thirds of a mile (one kilometer) into the earth. Under the massive forces of their own weight, the ice walls deform and drag themselves outward. Very large glaciers called ice streams flow through them continually, transporting ice from deep inland out to the sea.

As far as the exact size: that is still being determined.
Satellite images of the south pole show no ice wall.  If it is as magnificent as you describe, certainly it could be seen from space, or from a tall mountain in Tierra del Fuego.  It is odd you don't know the size, I have seen it depicted many times in the flat earth maps shown to me on this site.

Vauxhall

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 05:34:15 PM »
Satellite images of the south pole show no ice wall.

You must be new here, or you're just playing dumb. You know damn well that satellites are a myth.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 05:51:59 PM »

You must be new here, or you're just playing dumb. You know damn well that satellites are a myth.
I am new here, and I also know that Satellites are not a myth from first hand knowledge.  I work with them everyday.  I've worked on missions that have gone to low earth orbit.  I have not been to Antarctica, but I have supported colleges that have gone.  I have seen their pictures and heard their stories.  I have been to New Zealand, Iceland, Europe, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Bermuda, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc. and so on, all as a private citizen.

Vauxhall

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 05:58:26 PM »
I am new here, and I also know that Satellites are not a myth from first hand knowledge.  I work with them everyday.

Confirmation needed.

I've worked on missions that have gone to low earth orbit.

Confirmation needed.

I have not been to Antarctica, but I have supported colleges that have gone.  I have seen their pictures and heard their stories.

Confirmation needed.

I have been to New Zealand, Iceland, Europe, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Bermuda, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc. and so on, all as a private citizen.

Confirmation needed.
Read the FAQS.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 05:59:51 PM »
I am new here, and I also know that Satellites are not a myth from first hand knowledge.  I work with them everyday.

Confirmation needed.

Flat Earth has a map(Confirmation needed).

Confirmation needed.

I have not been to Antarctica, but I have supported colleges that have gone.  I have seen their pictures and heard their stories.

Confirmation needed.

I have been to New Zealand, Iceland, Europe, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Bermuda, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc. and so on, all as a private citizen.

Confirmation needed.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 06:07:56 PM »

Confirmation needed.

Flat Earth has a map(Confirmation needed).

Confirmation needed.

Confirmation needed.

Confirmation needed.
What confirmation is required?  I am a living breathing person able to answer questions put to me.  Certainly a cleaver person could trap me in some lie or inconstancy.  I can describe to you in detail how GPS works, down to the signal structure, how signals are tracked, how propagation errors are handled (ionosphere, atmosphere, plate tectonics, ocean loading, phase windup, relativistic effects, cycle slips, antenna phase patterns) how to compute your position on the surface of the spheroid earth.  It is a lot of effort to go through just to tell a silly lie.  And all the answers would be consistent with the laws of physics and match the observations of others.  And there is no curiosity about how all this works, just a wave off and back to darkness.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 06:09:39 PM »

I am new here, and I also know that Satellites are not a myth from first hand knowledge.  I work with them everyday.  I've worked on missions that have gone to low earth orbit.  I have not been to Antarctica, but I have supported colleges that have gone.  I have seen their pictures and heard their stories.  I have been to New Zealand, Iceland, Europe, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Bermuda, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, etc. and so on, all as a private citizen.

According to flat earth, there are no satellites. There are "stratellites" which are anchored balloons which hover over the earth. You can not see them because they are made of an invisible material. That's how your GPS operates from signals from the stratellites.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 06:12:46 PM »

According to flat earth, there are no satellites. There are "stratellites" which are anchored balloons which hover over the earth. You can not see them because they are made of an invisible material. That's how your GPS operates from signals from the stratellites.
Confirmation required.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »

Note the date of Ross' exploration - 1839. What he saw and imagined in 1839. This is 2015. Check out recent maps of Antarctica. But according to flat earth they are either "photoshopped" or just "pretty paintings."
http://www.mapsofworld.com/antarctica/maps/antarctica-map.gif

Sometimes "Round Earther" step in and post when the "Flat Earthers" do not.
So here is some more "Flat Earth"information about the "ice wall." No person has ever lived to have seen it or photographed it because the "ice wall" is guarded by armed guards from NASA who will shoot anyone who comes within sight of the ice wall.

Which brings up another question.: Who guarded the "ice wall" before NASA ?

Another reason the "Flat Earthers" give for the lack of evidence of the "ice wall"
is: "The 'ice wall' is so far from the sun that it is so  cold - temperatures approaching absolute zero - that a person would freeze to death before he could see the 'ice wall'."

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:27:40 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 07:32:13 PM »

Confirmation required.
"Because we say so."- Tom Bishop

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 07:38:59 PM »

I have no doubt there are ice cliffs on the coast of Antarctica.  What is on the other side of the cliff is Antarctica, and further still the South Pole. There is no ring of ice on the outer edge of some pizza pie shaped earth.  What is the length of the ice wall (the circumference of the disk shaped flat earth)?

The entire length of the coast line of Antarctica is some 11,000 miles. It has been surveyed, mapped and measured  with a reasonable amount of accuracy. And the coast line is not a continuous "ice wall". There are several "Ice Shelves" but they are separated by gaps of land and sea.

A continuous "ice wall" would have to be 78,000 miles in length around the circumference of a "flat earth."

Chorus:

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 02:55:17 AM »
Has there ever been an expedition across the antarctic? As in completely one side to the other? I do not know the answer myself, but if so, would this not either prove or disprove the flat earth?

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 04:34:21 AM »
Has there ever been an expedition across the antarctic? As in completely one side to the other? I do not know the answer myself, but if so, would this not either prove or disprove the flat earth?

Ranulph Fiennes in 1980.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranulph_Fiennes
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 09:30:42 AM »

Ranulph Fiennes in 1980.

Typical FE reply would probably be.:

You just looked this up.
You can't believe anything on wiki.
The Conspiracy just made up this fairy tale.
Have you ever been across Antarctica yourself ?
Confirmation needed
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:33:44 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 09:55:25 AM »

Ranulph Fiennes in 1980.

Now let's add his name to the long list of alleged conspirators.  At this rate we will need a lot more paper.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 01:14:07 PM »
In mid-November four vehicle will start off from Novo and drive to “South Pole”. From South Pole, three of those vehicles will head towards Scott’s hut (near McMurdo) and attempt to follow his route down “Beardmore Glacier”. The Beardmore Glacier has now huge open crevasses and considered extremely difficult to cross. If successful the team will continue the expedition and finish crossing Antarctica.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:26 PM »

Confirmation needed.

Confirmation needed.

Confirmation needed.

Confirmation needed.

I love how you're skeptical of anything but that which agrees with you, even with no evidence.
"The world is surrounded by an Ice Wall"
And because it agrees with FET, you believe it without even seeing it, then pester RE'ers about how they just accept facts fed to them by the government.
It's hilarious.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 03:11:21 PM »
Everyone knows what's on the other side. It's turtles all the way down.
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar