7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Flat Earth Society Reunification Poll

• 176 Replies

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Flat Earth Society Reunification Poll
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2015, 10:02:45 AM »
Ausgeoff is worse than jtc...He is terrible.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2015, 10:51:19 AM »
Still watching him cry when had is moderator status stripped was fun.

When was his mod status stripped?
Before the schism - I think it was Davis who came in and stripped him of his powers.  He not happy.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

rooster

« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2015, 10:57:25 AM »
You seem pretty noobish, despite your high post count.
You got me. I've been a member for more than 3 years, but I just can't seem to learn.  :-[

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2015, 11:58:27 AM »
Jimmy used to be a fun loving member who could take a good joke... I don't know what happened to him. It must have been something really awful, because he acts like a defensive little shill now.

What happened to you, Jimmy?
Read the FAQS.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2015, 12:16:29 PM »
Jimmy used to be a fun loving member who could take a good joke... I don't know what happened to him. It must have been something really awful, because he acts like a defensive little shill now.

All that shill money went to his head.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2015, 12:29:06 PM »

Before the schism - I think it was Davis who came in and stripped him of his powers.  He not happy.

He was never a mod, he was a "curator", which is significantly less powerful. This makes his dramatic response even funnier, because there was so little at stake.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:38:46 PM by Particle Person »

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2015, 01:41:41 PM »

He was never a mod, he was a "curator", which is significantly less powerful. This makes his dramatic response even funnier, because there was so little at stake.

Can anyone provide a link to this comedy meltdown? (Yeah, I admit it, I'm a gloater.)
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2015, 09:52:14 PM »

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2015, 11:50:27 PM »
Shiz is Srs bsns
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2015, 03:02:15 AM »

You are right - I used to be a fun loving, happy-go-luck kinda guy.  Glorying in God's round work.

Now all that's left is this bitter and twisted husk of a man.

I blame jroa.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
God is real.                                         

dephelis

• Sine scientia ars nihil est.
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2015, 03:04:18 PM »

You are right - I used to be a fun loving, happy-go-luck kinda guy.  Glorying in God's round work.

Now all that's left is this bitter and twisted husk of a man.

I blame jroa.
jroa is terrible.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2015, 03:06:47 PM »
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=58753.0

The fall of Thork. :(

So... did Davis rue that day? Did he have maximum rueage due to him acquiring such a powerful enemy?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2015, 04:33:46 PM »
I don't think John Davis ever noticed.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2015, 04:38:37 PM »
I don't think John Davis ever noticed.

Aw, now I just feel bad for Thork. All that impotent rage.

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2015, 04:18:21 PM »
Here's some background: a couple of years ago when I first arrived, there was just one FES forum, with all the same arguments and inability to answer difficult questions that it has now. It was run by Daniel, but many people didn't like the way he did things and campaigned for him to be removed. Because he basically owns the website, they couldn't do that, so all the users whose names began with P went off and built their own forum. Most of the more aggressive FE'ers and the ones who support moonshramps went over to that one, leaving this one with about 20% of the activity it previously had. This one is Daniel's original. The new one is run by the P people.
That's not strictly accurate. None of the people who were involved in setting up the new site wanted Daniel gone; we merely wanted technical control of the forum delegated to someone who has both the ability and time to do it right. At the time, the only person in charge with a claim to ability was John Davis but he didn't really have the time to do what needs to be done and responded rather aggressively to suggestions and criticism. It looks like he came around on the latter since then, but he still clearly has no time to maintain this forum, judging by its overall state.

Most of the regulars and serious FE'ers did switch over to tfes.org (some immediately, and others started migrating over time), but if you do as little as look at our posts, you'll see that we don't have any of the moonshramp or "birds are dinosaurs" shitposters. They simply disappeared altogether a while before the schism. At the time, we considered ourselves to simply be an alternative forum for the same society, with the hope of becoming the only forum soon. Daniel's response to that was a demand for us to stop using his branding and forum theme. Since Daniel doesn't own the theme and its author - Tintagel - gave us permission to use it, we ignored that part of the demand, but we did change our logo and effectively established our identity as a separate society.

hahaha, I think I'll change my name to pooster.
Good thing that our superior forum lets you do that with no hassle, right? :-*
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

?

guv

« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2015, 10:33:29 PM »
Read this and tell me if it sounds like a merger or an invasion.

The Forums
The two societies' forums will be merged by way of tfes.org inheriting theflatearthsociety.org's database. The resultant forum will remain under the current administration, moderation and rules of tfes.org. The web server, codebase, and technical solutions used will be those of tfes.org. Wilmore and Daniel will also have administrative privileges in the forum, but their role in running the forum will be advisory at most, and likely simply ceremonial. The administrators of tfes.org will be the decision-making organ for all things related to the forum. The reunited forum's URL will be forum.theflatearthsociety.org, but redirects will be maintained for forum.tfes.org and theflatearthsociety.org/forum for the foreseeable future. No content from either forum should be lost.

Sounds like the new Q+A sandpit rules to me. jroa has done a good job here and this site has 10 times the activity of the other mob. If they took 80% of the folks from here then they must have lost them. You could let off a shotgun over there and not hit a soul.
When this goes ahead I hope this mob will put up a fight just to keep what has worked here.
Thork was on about using the place as a charity fund raiser, bloody good idea.

rooster

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2015, 06:48:13 AM »

The Forums
The two societies' forums will be merged by way of tfes.org inheriting theflatearthsociety.org's database. The resultant forum will remain under the current administration, moderation and rules of tfes.org. The web server, codebase, and technical solutions used will be those of tfes.org. Wilmore and Daniel will also have administrative privileges in the forum, but their role in running the forum will be advisory at most, and likely simply ceremonial. The administrators of tfes.org will be the decision-making organ for all things related to the forum. The reunited forum's URL will be forum.theflatearthsociety.org, but redirects will be maintained for forum.tfes.org and theflatearthsociety.org/forum for the foreseeable future. No content from either forum should be lost.

Sounds like the new Q+A sandpit rules to me. jroa has done a good job here and this site has 10 times the activity of the other mob. If they took 80% of the folks from here then they must have lost them. You could let off a shotgun over there and not hit a soul.
When this goes ahead I hope this mob will put up a fight just to keep what has worked here.

Feel free to vote against this merger, but this place is mostly just a Round Earth forum with a bunch of newbies. The heart of the forum split off to tfes.org - so we don't have as many people but we're way more active and we're actually Flat Earthers.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2015, 01:13:33 PM »

The Forums

Feel free to vote against this merger, but this place is mostly just a Round Earth forum with a bunch of newbies. The heart of the forum split off to tfes.org - so we don't have as many people but we're way more active and we're actually Flat Earthers.

Bit aggressive of yah.

One way or another with you guys merging all these round earthers and "newbies" will be in your forums every day posting all up in your threads whether you like it or not.

So I would suggest embracing us, else this place will become rather hostile, dont you think?

Vauxhall

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2015, 01:15:28 PM »
I embrace all of you. Rooster does too. She's just playing hard to get.
Read the FAQS.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2015, 01:17:45 PM »

Hot.

rooster

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »
Bit aggressive of yah.

One way or another with you guys merging all these round earthers and "newbies" will be in your forums every day posting all up in your threads whether you like it or not.

So I would suggest embracing us, else this place will become rather hostile, dont you think?
Just telling it like it is. There was nothing hostile or derogatory in my post, unless "newbie" touches a nerve for you.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2015, 01:57:48 PM »

Hot.
Hard to get? She has 3or 4 invites out for 3somes and foursomes. Nasty.
God is real.                                         

Vauxhall

« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2015, 02:02:38 PM »

Hot.

None of which I have been invited to.  >:(

Just kidding. I would throw up all over Thork and Parsifal.
Read the FAQS.

rooster

« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2015, 02:02:54 PM »
Why are you exaggerating? It's 2 invites out for 2 different threesomes.

But really one was just made in jest. I'm pretty particular and only really love the 2 boys.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2015, 02:28:53 PM »
Why are you exaggerating? It's 2 invites out for 2 different threesomes.

But really one was just made in jest. I'm pretty particular and only really love the 2 boys.
Thank goodness this is all the invites out, I guess my imagination was running wild.
 Vauxhall, just include rushy, and you will be invited.
God is real.                                         

rooster

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2015, 03:48:59 PM »
You don't speak for me, hoppy! >o<

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2015, 06:24:41 PM »
Bit aggressive of yah.

Just telling it like it is. There was nothing hostile or derogatory in my post, unless "newbie" touches a nerve for you.

As am I Rooster, when these forums merge they wont be "your" forums anymore, it'll be ours.

And not really, I have no context for it to be offensive to me, partially because Im a laid back guy typically, partly because what people say about me is meaningless to me. :P

rooster

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2015, 06:29:24 PM »
I never said it was "my" forum. I don't care if we're all on the same forum. I'm posting on both aren't I?

Guv was the one saying this sounded like an invasion rather than a merger. Not me.