40 (85.1%)
No
7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Flat Earth Society Reunification Poll

• 176 Replies
Re: Flat Earth Society Reunification Poll
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 11:20:46 AM »
Define "so many people". I said Thork doesn't count in reference to people who bicker. That's what he's good at, but I love him for it.

Well, leaving you out, we still have Daniel (who was polite about Thork but his disdain was clear) and Jimmy the Crab (who called him a massive bell end). And I have had a confidential private message from a moderator expressing the opinion that he was a crucial factor in causing this schism in the first place.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 11:22:40 AM »
I have a solution to the Thork problem.
Since nobody is under any illusion that this forum or the other are in any way democratic, we could just simply ban Thork permanently for no good reason. He would appeal, but just like they do now with ausGeoff, the mods could ignore his whiny ass.
What? tfes.org is pretty democratic and I for one would vote against this outrageous idea.

That brings a good idea to the fore. Let's have a poll to see if anyone wants Thork to be banned, then it's democratic.  ;)
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 11:24:43 AM »
Thork is one of the most esteemed Flat Earth Scientists to date. He has never even heard of you.
Read the FAQS.

rooster

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »
And I have had a confidential private message from a moderator expressing the opinion that he was a crucial factor in causing this schism in the first place.
Really? I'm not sure that is necessarily true. Maybe he was one of the first people to suggest it, but a lot of us were on the same page. I was certainly upset about the technical failure and the subsequent admin absence/attitude about the whole thing.

PP and Parsifal are the ones who made the new site, they typically don't let Thork decide things for them.

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 11:31:54 AM »
And I have had a confidential private message from a moderator expressing the opinion that he was a crucial factor in causing this schism in the first place.
Really? I'm not sure that is necessarily true. Maybe he was one of the first people to suggest it, but a lot of us were on the same page. I was certainly upset about the technical failure and the subsequent admin absence/attitude about the whole thing.

PP and Parsifal are the ones who made the new site, they typically don't let Thork decide things for them.

As I said, I don't personally care if he's here or not. I was only trying to be helpful by thinking outside the box a little. If there's no problem, then we don't need the solution. Easy.

Vauxhall

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 11:37:05 AM »
Dino, your form of trolling is interesting. I can't tell if you're serious or just plain stupid.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 11:42:29 AM »
Dino, your form of trolling is interesting. I can't tell if you're serious or just plain stupid.

What is it with you? Why are you so rude all the time? If I was trolling I'd be trying to enforce my idea in the face of Rooster's opposition. As it is, I let it go because it was obvious I had misperceived the situation, and I moved on. Learn some manners, you little pipsqueak.

Vauxhall

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 11:45:51 AM »

What is it with you? Why are you so rude all the time? If I was trolling I'd be trying to enforce my idea in the face of Rooster's opposition. As it is, I let it go because it was obvious I had misperceived the situation, and I moved on. Learn some manners, you little pipsqueak.

Are you telling me that you legitimately thought "nude photos" of mods was a good idea?
Read the FAQS.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 11:49:27 AM »
Thork is an esteemed member of the society. How dare you demand his deposition?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 12:13:15 PM »

Are you telling me that you legitimately thought "nude photos" of mods was a good idea?

Dinosaur Neil has a strange sense of humor.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 02:21:44 PM »

It has a certain measure of merit. At the moment there is no gauge of dedication or character for mods, they are mods because they are buddy with other mods. As we British like to say, it's the Old Boy's Club (apart from Gayer). I think my idea will seperate the people who really want to put something back into the FES from those who are just there like freeloaders on a friend's sofa, with nobody to kick them off.
You're entitled to your opinion on whether it's a good idea or not, but only if you remain civil.
And come on... which of us is not slightly curious if anyone will actually attempt the challenge?  8)

Vauxhall

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 02:25:30 PM »
You're entitled to your opinion on whether it's a good idea or not, but only if you remain civil.

Absolutely not.

Try not to get so worked up over some words on a forum.

Besides, if the mods submitted nudes of themselves all we'd see are fat unshaven basement dwellers. It would not be pretty.

Gayer is my lesbian lover, so I've already seen her nekkid.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »

Absolutely not.

Try not to get so worked up over some words on a forum.

Besides, if the mods submitted nudes of themselves all we'd see are fat unshaven basement dwellers. It would not be pretty.

The aim is not to have photos to fap over, it's to test the mettle of the mods.

Are you also a lady of the opposite sex then, Vauxhall?

Vauxhall

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2015, 02:37:34 PM »

I was years ago.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2015, 02:39:25 PM »

I was years ago.

And now you're a car?
http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/

Vauxhall

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2015, 02:41:26 PM »
If you really must know, since many people have asked, I will reveal the meaning behind my username.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall_and_I

For the record, I have no interest in cars.

Read the FAQS.

« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »
If you really must know, since many people have asked, I will reveal the meaning behind my username.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall_and_I

For the record, I have no interest in cars.

And no interest in music, either  ;D :P

Daniel

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2015, 02:47:18 AM »
Found signs of him even in Cambodia..

rooster

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2015, 05:38:13 AM »
Dinosaur Neil is just looking to hook up with some lady mods.

Gayer is not the only lady mod; we also have Snupes.

No! She is my lesbian lover! >:[

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2015, 07:11:09 AM »
Calm down calm down, I'm everyone's lesbian lover.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2015, 11:11:17 AM »

I do not know of Snupes. And I do not wish to hook up with lady mods - I am married  :)

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2015, 11:25:28 AM »

I do not know of Snupes. And I do not wish to hook up with lady mods - I am married  :)

Looks more likely that they would try to steal your wife than sleep with you anyways. :P
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2015, 11:27:41 AM »

Looks more likely that they would try to steal your wife than sleep with you anyways. :P

Mrs Dinosaur Neil is immune to the charms of other women, except for Angelina Jolie and Gillian Anderson, with whom she would happily engage in night time antics.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2015, 11:29:49 AM »
Gillian Anderson I understand, but Angelina Jolie is a human scarecrow.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2015, 11:31:26 AM »

The same has been said about myself. So I guess that's just her taste. Mind you, I think Angelina Jolie is attractive.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2015, 11:32:42 AM »

The same has been said about myself. So I guess that's just her taste. Mind you, I think Angelina Jolie is attractive.

I have to draw you.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2015, 12:25:35 PM »
I already stole Dinosaur Neil's wife.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2015, 12:32:42 PM »
dominated.

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2015, 12:37:45 PM »
I already stole Dinosaur Neil's wife.

I wondered why I hadn't seen her today...

rooster

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2015, 12:43:02 PM »
Alright guys, let's get back on topic please.