7 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Flat Earth Society Reunification Poll

• 176 Replies

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
Re: Flat Earth Society Reunification Poll
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2015, 06:32:13 PM »

Feel free to vote against this merger, but this place is mostly just a Round Earth forum with a bunch of newbies. The heart of the forum split off to tfes.org - so we don't have as many people but we're way more active and we're actually Flat Earthers.

Oh, sorry, I thought I read that as you disowning this forum because it has Round Earthers and saying you were part of the real forums, using we to preclude us on the fake forums and include you and yours as the "real" forums.

Must have miss read it.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2015, 06:46:19 PM »
Calm down, children.
Read the FAQS.

rooster

« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2015, 07:32:05 PM »
Well I do mostly post over there and it is close to my heart. I don't care for this one too much because, like I said, it's mostly hostile round earthers who just bicker about administration.

But I never said "my" forum. That would show possession. I definitely feel apart of that community and not this one, but I certainly don't own it. You'll notice I only started posting here again with the news of the imminent unification.

And I never said real or fake. This one has a lot more activity about science and theory,  that one has all the veterans and flat earthers. There's not much use in FET forums when there's not a lot of them here. They both have their merits.

Aside from that, I'm not necessarily opposed to a merger because any merger would still have my tfes babies and they're all I really care about in all this.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:34:01 PM by rooster »

?

guv

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2015, 08:14:53 PM »
Rooster I am looking forward to the renutterfacion, I might meet an honest fe job. I just don't want the guys who have done good work here getting no say in it. The bit I pasted reads a bit like that. I have kept an eye on the debate over there, it's a bit of a rock throwing contest. I don't pay the bill's here so I wont vote.

Hello anyhow.

rooster

« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2015, 08:21:06 PM »
Hello.  :)

The guys here definitely have a say in it. This hasn't been just tfes initiative. Actually... wasn't Wilmore the one to suggest it? I can't remember exactly but I know all this talk started when he popped in to tfes.

?

guv

« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2015, 09:31:46 PM »
Hello.  :)

The guys here definitely have a say in it. This hasn't been just tfes initiative. Actually... wasn't Wilmore the one to suggest it? I can't remember exactly but I know all this talk started when he popped in to tfes.

I showed up here just after the flat wars so it's no skin off my nose. Lived long enough to know bad blood can be fixed by actions better than by words, and both these camps have some of it.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2015, 10:56:23 PM »
Well I do mostly post over there and it is close to my heart. I don't care for this one too much because, like I said, it's mostly hostile round earthers who just bicker about administration.

But I never said "my" forum. That would show possession. I definitely feel apart of that community and not this one, but I certainly don't own it. You'll notice I only started posting here again with the news of the imminent unification.

And I never said real or fake. This one has a lot more activity about science and theory,  that one has all the veterans and flat earthers. There's not much use in FET forums when there's not a lot of them here. They both have their merits.

Aside from that, I'm not necessarily opposed to a merger because any merger would still have my tfes babies and they're all I really care about in all this.

Understood rooster! I myself am also looking forward to it. I may disagree on almost all the statements here, but I have to say I genuinely like some of you people. :p
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2015, 07:09:40 AM »
else this place will become rather hostile

It's difficult to imagine such a world.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2015, 07:57:07 AM »
FES become hostile? Never!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

?

guv

« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2015, 08:10:42 AM »
hostile, dog style, any style

« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2015, 10:34:14 AM »
I said no because I see nothing of value coming from that site. They had a fun run bonding as Flat-earthers on their site while this site was the sole-host for actual discussion. All they ever want to do is create work for the people of this site and socialize, and they get cranky if the work they demand is not done right away.  So let the babies return empty-handed and we'll all just forget tfes.org ever happened.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2015, 12:21:54 PM »
I wasn't on this site when the schism took place, so I've missed a fair bit of info, but I'm in favor. Does seem like it could only be a good thing: it's better to have everything in one place, rather than spread around.
TFES, by the look of it, seems to be better purely from the benefits of having been designed later, when flaws and issues of this forum were already known: better to create a better forum when you're starting from the ground up. It also seems to be the only place where serious FEers are. This site has the advantage of age, and the volume of content.
Merging and getting the strengths of each, as the proposal seems to be, would be ideal.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2015, 12:50:04 PM »
Eh, I have to assume that since the majority of the tfes people came here for a week or two then stopped posting again that this might be losing momentum.

I don't go over there because they have some very abrasive people there, so I'm not sure but the talk certainly has died off.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2015, 01:19:24 PM »
Eh, I have to assume that since the majority of the tfes people came here for a week or two then stopped posting again that this might be losing momentum.

I don't go over there because they have some very abrasive people there, so I'm not sure but the talk certainly has died off.

I believe that it's currently on the "Wait for Daniel to accept the formal proposal" step or the "Wait for Parsifal to get back from NZ and get his affairs in order" step.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2015, 02:21:01 PM »

I believe that it's currently on the "Wait for Daniel to accept the formal proposal" step or the "Wait for Parsifal to get back from NZ and get his affairs in order" step.

Pongo, make this happen. I know you have the power.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #135 on: February 05, 2015, 06:10:56 PM »
Many of the tfes crowd frequent the IRC chat.  They are not as abrasive there.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #136 on: February 05, 2015, 06:13:35 PM »
They are also wont to tell you coveted flat-earth secrets in the IRC chat.

« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2015, 02:09:34 PM »

I think we need to emphasise my tasteful photos idea. It generates interest and will rev up the momentum.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2015, 02:14:02 PM »

I think we need to emphasise my tasteful photos idea. It generates interest and will rev up the momentum.

Sex sells baby.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2015, 12:40:43 PM »

Latest update is that the IT department on TFES.org is waiting for Daniel to move the site to a dedicated server at which time he'll give them access and the merger will be underway.

« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2015, 11:04:24 AM »

Latest update is that the IT department on TFES.org is waiting for Daniel to move the site to a dedicated server at which time he'll give them access and the merger will be underway.

Waiting for Daniel. So that's some time in 2017 then. I don't trust him to get things done - he told me he was having your moderator status removed but it hasn't happened.  :(
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2015, 11:49:29 AM »

Waiting for Daniel. So that's some time in 2017 then. I don't trust him to get things done - he told me he was having your moderator status removed but it hasn't happened.  :(

I wonder if he looked into your complaints and saw how silly they were.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 12:20:24 PM by Pongo »

« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2015, 02:58:58 PM »
No, actually he agreed with my complaints. I exchanged several messages with him and he agreed that a review of your position was necessary. And as I'm sure you know if you've communicated with him much, Daniel doesn't do sarcasm. However, given his sporadic posting and his recent holiday to France he probably hasn't found the time, or has forgotten.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2015, 03:11:22 PM »
You should probably remind him then.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2015, 03:58:19 PM »
Actually, it occurred to me that having Daniel demod me isn't the most effective route for you. Daniel will be turning over the reins of the message board shortly and will have a much more diminished role on the choosing of moderators. Now, when the boards switch, I'll be effectively demodded because I'm not a mod over there ("problem" solves itself).

So your real task is making sure that their administration does not make me a mod before or after the merger. Because, even if Daniel demodded me, they could still reinstate.

I recomend starting a thread on tfes.org to get your propaganda train started early. Also, I would target Pizaaplanet as I believe Parsifal is much too busy to deal with crap like this right now. Anyway, godspeed.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:00:58 PM by Pongo »

Lemmiwinks

« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2015, 04:13:28 PM »
Actually, it occurred to me that having Daniel demod me isn't the most effective route for you. Daniel will be turning over the reins of the message board shortly and will have a much more diminished role on the choosing of moderators. Now, when the boards switch, I'll be effectively demodded because I'm not a mod over there ("problem" solves itself).

So your real task is making sure that their administration does not make me a mod before or after the merger. Because, even if Daniel demodded me, they could still reinstate.

I recomend starting a thread on tfes.org to get your propaganda train started early. Also, I would target Pizaaplanet as I believe Parsifal is much too busy to deal with crap like this right now. Anyway, godspeed.

I wont lie, I want to keep our mods! Save Pongo and jroa! The evil we know is better than the evil we don't!

No offense of course.

« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2015, 04:28:07 PM »

I'm not interested in toadying to people on a completely different website. I just cut the red tape and go to the person who is in charge of here, now. To be honest, I was surprised he was so receptive.
But anyway, the majority view is that to be a mod after the merger will require nude pictures, and I doubt you have the balls for that (metaphorically speaking.)

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2015, 04:40:28 PM »

I'm not interested in toadying to people on a completely different website. I just cut the red tape and go to the person who is in charge of here, now. To be honest, I was surprised he was so receptive.
But anyway, the majority view is that to be a mod after the merger will require nude pictures, and I doubt you have the balls for that (metaphorically speaking.)

I can tell you this with almost 100% certainty. Asking Daniel to solve the issue is not going to solve the issue.

Regardless. I still don't see why you have it out for Pongo. Sure, he muted you... but you're annoying, so that's kinda excusable. Isn't it?
Read the FAQS.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2015, 05:34:11 PM »
Well... Annoying guy must be annoying, no?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

ausGeoff

« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2015, 02:16:53 AM »
I voted yes.

I'm not at all familiar with the past history of either site, and I'm also unfamiliar with the schism, or why it happened, but judging by others more familiar with these things, I assume that a reunification can only be a positive thing.

However, I would add a couple of caveats to my 'yes' vote...

That the moderators—from both current sites—are reviewed independently and periodically by the sites' administrators with regard to their overall effectiveness, ongoing commitment, adjudication, and consistency when or if the sites are combined.

That the new (proposed) recombined forum will be demonstrably better moderated and its rules more strictly applied than as per the current theflatearthsociety.org wherein mediocre and/or non-existent moderation has become the accepted norm.