I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 12250 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #12060 on: March 25, 2020, 05:30:30 PM »
I think Heiwas on forced leave for a few days. It's up to me to call you all twerps and promote his challenge
So as a start you could assist Heiwa in proving that NASA's figures for the launch vehicle propellant usage are inaccurate.

Heiwa's got nothing that makes any logical sense.
But, I guess that you know nothing on the technical side so it's situation nominal ;D!

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12061 on: March 25, 2020, 07:31:56 PM »
I think Heiwas on forced leave for a few days. It's up to me to call you all twerps and promote his challenge
So as a start you could assist Heiwa in proving that NASA's figures for the launch vehicle propellant usage are inaccurate.

But, I guess that you know nothing on the technical side so it's situation nominal ;D!

That thing you posted looks like nonsense to me. It's just a bunch of numbers and we're told to accept it. Of course the author geared it to work with their argument. You don't honestly expect NASA et al to post damning information do you?

Unless you can prove it, don't bother

Rabinoz = Coronoz. Australias corona virus super spreader

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12062 on: March 25, 2020, 07:54:18 PM »
That thing you posted looks like nonsense to me.
So you admit that you aren't qualified to judge the veracity of the evidence presented?  Good to know.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12063 on: March 25, 2020, 08:04:45 PM »
So you admit that you aren't qualified to judge the veracity of the evidence presented?  Good to know.

No. I'm not qualified in nonsense. That was rabs elective in school

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12064 on: March 25, 2020, 08:16:26 PM »

That thing you posted looks like nonsense to me. It's just a bunch of numbers and we're told to accept it.
Yes, it's "just a bunch of numbers" with row and column headings that make it very meaningful to someone with a little knowledge of such matters.

Unfortunately to an ignoramus like you it just "looks like nonsense" and is "just a bunch of numbers".

Quote from: Shifter
Of course the author geared it to work with their argument. You don't honestly expect NASA et al to post damning information do you?
No, I don't "honestly expect NASA et al to post damning information".
But your claiming that NASA might have any "damning information" with no supporting evidence is useless, meaningless and so typical of you conspiratards.

If you think they have then you are the accuser and the onus is on you to prove your case!

In the meantime have fun with these:
          One giant ... lie? Why so many people still think the moon landings were faked

Moon Landing Footage Would Have Been Impossible to Fake. Here's Why.

The Wildest Moon Landing Conspiracy Theories, Debunked

Apollo 11 really landed on the Moon—and here’s how you can be sure (sorry, conspiracy nuts)

Moon-Landing Hoax Still Lives On, 50 Years After Apollo 11. But Why?

And if you want a bit of technical stuff including photo analysis etc:
          Clavius Moon Base - debunking the moon hoax
By the way, even the dust plumes behind the Lunar Rover prove that it was moving in a near-vacuum!

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 10:09:22 PM by rabinoz »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12065 on: March 25, 2020, 08:18:23 PM »

No. I'm not qualified in nonsense. That was rabs elective in school
Yes, I'm quite well qualified at recognising nonsense posted by the likes of YOU and Heiwa - thanks for the complement :)!

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12066 on: March 25, 2020, 08:39:38 PM »
and so typical of your kind.

Racism noted

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12067 on: March 25, 2020, 08:55:07 PM »
Racism noted
That's the first time I've heard that "claiming that NASA might have any 'damning information' with no supporting evidence" is associated with race.

From what I've heard, ignorance is a common trait of all conspiratards.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12068 on: March 25, 2020, 10:02:01 PM »
Racism noted
That's the first time I've heard that "claiming that NASA might have any 'damning information' with no supporting evidence" is associated with race.

Who the hell (other than racists) uses the term 'your kind' in a derogatory fashion? It's just how they operate

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12069 on: March 25, 2020, 10:15:35 PM »

Who the hell (other than racists) uses the term 'your kind' in a derogatory fashion? It's just how they operate
That's news to me but if it offends you so, much I'll amend my post.

So now you might like to get on-topic instead of looking for excuses to avoid further exposing your ignorance

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12070 on: March 25, 2020, 10:17:59 PM »

That's news to me but if it offends you so, much I'll amend my post.

So now you might like to get on-topic instead of looking for excuses to avoid further exposing your ignorance

But what if I like looking for excuses?? ???

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12071 on: March 25, 2020, 11:40:47 PM »
Fine by me.
It's typical of you flat-Earthers to be looking for excuses to explain away all the things that "don't fit" your model.

What with UA, EA, atmoplanic lensing, celestial gravitation etc it seems all flat-Earthers have.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12072 on: March 26, 2020, 12:23:47 AM »
Fine by me.
It's typical of you flat-Earthers to be looking for excuses to explain away all the things that "don't fit" your model.

What with UA, EA, atmoplanic lensing, celestial gravitation etc it seems all flat-Earthers have.

Don't knock the ad hoc answers. At least we don't sound like bird brain parrots

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #12073 on: March 26, 2020, 12:44:52 AM »
As a rule, when ever you generalize and put lots of people in a big box, your going to be wrong.
So as a modern day lesson in being politically correct, dont put people in boxes.
Unless those people are white males, they have no feelings and are all evil.

So if I ask you what would happen if you put your hand directly on red hot metal, and you said "your hand will burn"
Are you being a parrot brain for repeating what everyone else will also say?

Repeating the truth is being a parrot brain?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12074 on: March 26, 2020, 12:58:28 AM »

So you claim flat-Earthers "don't sound like bird brain parrots". What a joke!
Where did you get your flat-Earth indoctrination from? You own personal observation :o?

Of course I'll "knock the ad hoc answers" for things that I can see with my own eyes and measure with simple, available equipment.

But you flat-Earthers just swallow any old rubbish like this from your flat-Earth gurus - stuff like
UA, EA, atmoplanic lensing, celestial gravitation.

And most flat-Earthers, not so much the few in this tiny place, but the YouTube sheepies swallow every word from their flat-Earth High Priests.

Now, Mr Topic Derailer, this topic happens to be about mikeman7918's claim "I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge".

What about posting something relevant to that?

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12075 on: March 26, 2020, 01:05:03 AM »

So you claim flat-Earthers "don't sound like bird brain parrots". What a joke!
Where did you get your flat-Earth indoctrination from? You own personal observation :o?

Of course I'll "knock the ad hoc answers" for things that I can see with my own eyes and measure with simple, available equipment.

But you flat-Earthers just swallow any old rubbish like this from your flat-Earth gurus - stuff like
UA, EA, atmoplanic lensing, celestial gravitation.

And most flat-Earthers, not so much the few in this tiny place, but the YouTube sheepies swallow every word from their flat-Earth High Priests.

Now, Mr Topic Derailer, this topic happens to be about mikeman7918's claim "I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge".

What about posting something relevant to that?

Stop derailing the topic. Or better yet, stop pretending you care about the integrity of this topic

If you have a submission to Heiwas challenge, then post it up. But of course, given the impossibility of getting a man to the moon and back again in the 1960s or even the 2010s as evidenced by the fact that no one has even bothered to pretend to get there, you cant do that.

Why not post a submission regarding the amount of fuel it would require using technology that will one day exist, it just doesn't exist right now. There are a multitude of propulsion and fuel technologies in the works. Lets just end this pathetic rocket fuel nonsense and start looking to things that are realistic. Like anti matter

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12076 on: March 26, 2020, 01:42:04 AM »
If you have a submission to Heiwas challenge, then post it up. But of course, given the impossibility of getting a man to the moon and back again in the 1960s or even the 2010s as evidenced by the fact that no one has even bothered to pretend to get there, you cant do that.
If you bother to read the thread you might that has been done.
In any case, neither Heiwa, you nor anybody else has never proven that NASA's publicly available information is incorrect.

Why not post a submission regarding the amount of fuel it would require using technology that will one day exist, it just doesn't exist right now. There are a multitude of propulsion and fuel technologies in the works. Lets just end this pathetic rocket fuel nonsense and start looking to things that are realistic. Like anti matter
Why should I bother to "post a submission regarding the amount of fuel it would require using technology that will one day exist" when late 1960s technology was quite capable of the task.

Yes, let's  "just end this pathetic rocket fuel nonsense" by you either:
  • admitting that you are totally incapable of even calculating the fuel to get even a simple single stage rocket to a LEO at 200 km or
  • you proving that 1960s rocket technology and fuel were inadequate to achieve the Apollo missions.

Simply saying they are ridiculous is useless. Put up or shut up!

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12077 on: March 26, 2020, 01:49:50 AM »
I'm not saying they couldn't put a man on the moon. They absolutely can. It's getting back.

As evidenced by the asstronuts 'return' from the moon its clear no rocket landed there. If they really went to the moon there should be a pile of skeletons on there

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #12078 on: March 26, 2020, 01:56:57 AM »
I'm not saying they couldn't put a man on the moon. They absolutely can. It's getting back.
Oh dear, are you just parroting what Heiwa was saying?

Is there again some magical property that says things can only go one direction in an atmosphere or something?

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12079 on: March 26, 2020, 02:08:43 AM »
Oh dear, are you just parroting what Heiwa was saying?

Is there again some magical property that says things can only go one direction in an atmosphere or something?

Not at all. It's our fuel technology that is shit. Some planets simply have too much mass for a species to get in and out of.

Imagine if we were a 'super Earth' planet. How would you attain escape velocity?

The challenge might just get such a species to solve the challenge of making ans storing antimatter reliably.

To get a man on the moon with our current technology which involves a crew and life support, requires a near infinite amount of fuel. You can propel a microgram to go .999999999999c, but to 1c? Requires more energy than exists in the universe.

We can send a rocket, a probe, etc out there because the weight requirements aren't as massive. But to send people, with a lunar lander and life support provisions is too much a tall order.

It's not impossible. The technology for more efficient fuels is simply needed. Technology that doesn't exist yet. SO what does that say about previous missions?

Rab is such a grumpy old fart he wont even entertain the notion of antimatter as a fuel. He's literally a dinosaur compared to us forward thinkers

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #12080 on: March 26, 2020, 02:30:28 AM »
Not at all. It's our fuel technology that is shit. Some planets simply have too much mass for a species to get in and out of.

Imagine if we were a 'super Earth' planet. How would you attain escape velocity?

The challenge might just get such a species to solve the challenge of making ans storing antimatter reliably.

To get a man on the moon with our current technology which involves a crew and life support, requires a near infinite amount of fuel. You can propel a microgram to go .999999999999c, but to 1c? Requires more energy than exists in the universe.

We can send a rocket, a probe, etc out there because the weight requirements aren't as massive. But to send people, with a lunar lander and life support provisions is too much a tall order.

It's not impossible. The technology for more efficient fuels is simply needed. Technology that doesn't exist yet. SO what does that say about previous missions?

Rab is such a grumpy old fart he wont even entertain the notion of antimatter as a fuel. He's literally a dinosaur compared to us forward thinkers
So I am not going to dismiss your views, but I will challenge them. You seem more eager to learn than most.

First, I recommend you actually learn and work out the rocket equation and all that goes with it. It will change your understanding of a lot.
Rockets are about 98 - 95% fuel to cargo in terms of mass ratio. Means you need a big rocket, but is very much within our capabilities. Even if the earth was twice as heavy (double gravity) we would still be able to launch rockets, they would just be less efficient.
Efficiency does not mean its not possible, just means you need bigger fuel tanks. Rockets are all fuel tank.

If you want to work out what a rocket needs to get into orbit, I recomend a 2 stage rocket like the Falcon 9, it is simpler and easy to calculate relative to the SaturnV with many stages.
Additionally, go watch everyday astronaut on youtube. Lots of easy to understand videos on rockets.

The reason why Anti-matter is not a viable fuel source for the foreseeable future is because it takes one hell lot of energy to produce. Sure its probably possible to use as a rocket fuel, but not likely in the next 100 years. Once we have a super civilization with huge orbital infrastructure it may be possible. There are even hypothesized ways to collect antimatter in the extreme electromagnetic fields in the sun or Jupiter. But as you can imagine, this will require some serious advancement in tech. There are always other unforeseen things that come with new tech. Nuclear weapons made the world fearful of anything with radiation in it. So we never pursued nuclear rockets, which would have been awesome. Its possible anti-weapon fears would do the same in the future.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12081 on: March 26, 2020, 03:00:22 AM »
The reason why Anti-matter is not a viable fuel source for the foreseeable future is because it takes one hell lot of energy to produce. Sure its probably possible to use as a rocket fuel, but not likely in the next 100 years. Once we have a super civilization with huge orbital infrastructure it may be possible. There are even hypothesized ways to collect antimatter in the extreme electromagnetic fields in the sun or Jupiter. But as you can imagine, this will require some serious advancement in tech. There are always other unforeseen things that come with new tech. Nuclear weapons made the world fearful of anything with radiation in it. So we never pursued nuclear rockets, which would have been awesome. Its possible anti-weapon fears would do the same in the future.

The Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer will answer a lot of questions about the nature of anti matter soon. While it's prohibitively expensive to produce now at 62 trillion per gram or so, advancements in technology will bring that cost way down.

Of course, antimatter poses a much more dangerous threat than a nuclear bomb. You might not get a nuclear winter but my God imagine what an accident would look like if a few grams of anti matter said hello to a few grams of its counterpart

If America could afford to get to the moon in the 1960s, it should be orders of magnitude cheaper to get us back there. Computing power, technology advancements etc is all much much cheaper. The computer I grew up with (an Intel 80286 with a few kb of RAM is far more advanced than what they used and should be sufficient lol). But look at the computing power now

Not to mention the commercial opportunities to get a return on investment. People would pay thousands of dollars for a moon pebble. Not to mention a human can do far more work than a rover can. I mean, how far does the Mars rover move in a month? How deep can it dig? A human can do much much more. The billions wasted in building the rover could be spent on life support systems for a human.

The Mars One hoax proved there are no shortage of humans that have no problem with one way trips to Mars (and perhaps the Moon).

The lack of interest by the governments is quite telling. Lack of confidence? Well they did it 50 years ago on shitter technology right?? Lack of money? No problem spending 600+ billion on 'defense' each year. Siphon only $30 billion and you have your trip to the Moon)

Maybe more people should call out the BS and goad the governments into getting us 'back' to the moon. Or as the awesome movie 'Iron Sky' had, get a black guy to go there and call it 'Black to the Moon!'  8)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12082 on: March 26, 2020, 03:17:28 AM »
I'm not saying they couldn't put a man on the moon. They absolutely can.
OK, we'll remember that admission and file it away for future reference.

It's getting back.
And why would there be any difficulty in "getting back"?
If you even understood a minuscule amount of rocket science and orbital mechanics you would realise that the hard part was getting there.

All that came back to near Earth was the CM and the SM, then only the CM landed.
On the way to the Moon far more propellant was needed to lift the huge mass into LEO.
On the way back minimal propellant was needed to lift the small ascent module into LLO.
Then little of the SM propellant was needed to get the CM + SM on their way back to Earth - gravity did most of the work.

So why the great problem with getting back to Earth.

As evidenced by the asstronuts 'return' from the moon its clear no rocket landed there. If they really went to the moon there should be a pile of skeletons on there
How would you know whether on not there was "a pile of skeletons on there"? When were you last on the Moon to check :o?

And where did you drag that of bit fantasy from anyway. Leaving the Moon was not problem at all.
They even carried "jumper leads ;D" in case the ascent module engine's double redundancy valves failed.

Are your fairytales original or do you borrow them from Heiwa?

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12083 on: March 26, 2020, 03:20:49 AM »

They are original  ;)  8)

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #12084 on: March 26, 2020, 03:40:48 AM »
The Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer will answer a lot of questions about the nature of anti matter soon. While it's prohibitively expensive to produce now at 62 trillion per gram or so, advancements in technology will bring that cost way down.

Of course, antimatter poses a much more dangerous threat than a nuclear bomb. You might not get a nuclear winter but my God imagine what an accident would look like if a few grams of anti matter said hello to a few grams of its counterpart
Thats part of the problem. But ultimately we simple do not know how things in the future play out. Predictions of future technology are almost always wrong. If we knew how to make anti-matter easily, there may be other issues that make it none-feasible.
Right now we are like cave men trying to predict how oil could one day be used without having any idea of the internal combustion engine.

If America could afford to get to the moon in the 1960s, it should be orders of magnitude cheaper to get us back there. Computing power, technology advancements etc is all much much cheaper. The computer I grew up with (an Intel 80286 with a few kb of RAM is far more advanced than what they used and should be sufficient lol). But look at the computing power now
Space travel is orders of magnitude cheaper!
SaturnV cost about $9k per kg to LEO, Falcon heavy is under $1k per kg. SpaceX Starship is aiming for under $10 per kg. Also, while the price is dropping the US economy has expanded massively from the 1960's
The Apollo missions took up about 5% of the US budget at the time. Now all of NASA is less than 0.5%

Not to mention the commercial opportunities to get a return on investment. People would pay thousands of dollars for a moon pebble. Not to mention a human can do far more work than a rover can. I mean, how far does the Mars rover move in a month? How deep can it dig? A human can do much much more. The billions wasted in building the rover could be spent on life support systems for a human.

The Mars One hoax proved there are no shortage of humans that have no problem with one way trips to Mars (and perhaps the Moon).

The lack of interest by the governments is quite telling. Lack of confidence? Well they did it 50 years ago on shitter technology right?? Lack of money? No problem spending 600+ billion on 'defense' each year. Siphon only $30 billion and you have your trip to the Moon)

Maybe more people should call out the BS and goad the governments into getting us 'back' to the moon. Or as the awesome movie 'Iron Sky' had, get a black guy to go there and call it 'Black to the Moon!'  8)
The big issue is the lack of a reason to go. Politicians can justify a multi billion dollar army widget, because everyone is scared to shit of some Russian/Chinese/North Korean/Chose your dictator. Even if those fears are unfounded. So they get away with spending fuck tons of money on useless camo crap.
As for going to space, there is no money to be made, and no reason to build a death star. I can bet once China gets people on the moon the US would be flying by the drones again. But until then, its hard to spend the money, if no one is going to vote for boots on mars.
Private investors want to see a return on investment, and until we get to hundreds of $$$$ per kg, that is not possible.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12085 on: March 26, 2020, 03:42:26 AM »
If America could afford to get to the moon in the 1960s, it should be orders of magnitude cheaper to get us back there.
Why should it be "orders of magnitude cheaper to get us back there"?
Rocket technology has improved, there are more lightweight materials and computer equipment is far more powerful and smaller.
But none of that "should be orders of magnitude cheaper to get us back there".
In any case it would be pointless to simply return to the Moon and do the same things.
Any new mission will need new aims, new reasons to justify the expenditure of such a great deal of money.

If you conspiratards refuse to believe that there are people orbiting the Earth right now you wouldn't believe any future lunar mission anyway.

So prove your case about the Lunar missions or admit that you have no real evidence!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12086 on: March 26, 2020, 03:46:33 AM »

They are original  ;)  8)
Congratulations!
Can we now rename you "Hans Christian Shifter" author of "Modern Pseudoscience Fairytales" ::)?

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12087 on: March 26, 2020, 04:00:42 AM »
Any new mission will need new aims, new reasons to justify the expenditure of such a great deal of money.

It's been 50 years. You mean the eggheads at NASA haven't been able to come up with something in all that time?

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #12088 on: March 26, 2020, 04:05:26 AM »
It's been 50 years. You mean the eggheads at NASA haven't been able to come up with something in all that time?
Guys at NASA dont get to chose to go to the moon. They just get to follow orders from the US congress. Same as the guys who fly fighter jets dont get to chose who to bomb.

There is lots of science and development that can be done on the moon. Its has huge resource potential for starting up a real space economy. But wild thinking like that is not for politicians. They would humbly prefer their Yachts and private Jets.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #12089 on: March 26, 2020, 04:07:49 AM »
If you want to see what is going to take people to Mars, go here
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=48895.2040
Lots of pics of a rocket in development. Its not what NASA is selling, its a rougher, cheaper, get it done kind of rocket.