I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 12250 Replies

NotSoSkeptical

• Chynah Virus
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #12030 on: March 23, 2020, 07:39:10 AM »
Something else to add to the list of things that Heiwa doesn't comprehend.

Drag/Air Resistance

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12031 on: March 23, 2020, 09:33:12 AM »
Anyway - how much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land?
Aha! 50X lb!
And where did it come from?
Did Glenn fill up in orbit?
Why must you constantly say such stupid things?

The fuel for the retrorockets was in the retropack all along.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that fuel for upper stages is considered payload for the lower stages?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:35:18 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #12032 on: March 23, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »
Anyway - how much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land?
Aha! 50X lb!
And where did it come from?
Did Glenn fill up in orbit?

Why is it so hard for you to understand that fuel for upper stages is considered payload for the lower stages?
Question remains - how much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land? Anyway - how much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12033 on: March 23, 2020, 10:35:08 AM »
Question remains - how much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land?
Mercury retro packs used three Thiokol TE-316 solid rocket motors which each generated about 1000 lb of thrust for about 10 seconds.  You will have to ask Thiokol how much propellant was in each motor.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12034 on: March 23, 2020, 03:30:41 PM »

Question remains - Question remains -  Anyway - how much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land?
Question remains - when are you going to school and learn to read?

Why do you ask a stupid question like "How much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land?"
I you bothered (or were able) to read you might find that fuel was NOT used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph.

Read this again:
The Voyages of John Glenn
In reality, the retros had only slowed Friendship 7 by about 340 mph, enough to cause it to fall out of orbit.
So "three solid-fuel retrorockets began firing . . . . only slowed Friendship 7 by about 340 mph".
Those three solid-fuel retrorockets only slowed the Friendship 7 from about 17,500 mph down to about (17500 - 340) = 17,160‬ mph!

The slowing from 16,660‬ mph (27 616 kph) to subsonic speed was purely by atmospheric braking. Then
Glenn decided to deploy the drogue chute manually to regain attitude stability. Just before he reached the switch, the drogue chute opened automatically at 28,000 feet (8.5 km) instead of the programmed 21,000 feet (6.4 km). The spacecraft regained stability and Glenn reported, "everything was in good shape."

So just get your head around the fact that fuel was NOT used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 500 to 340 mph.

<< Improved orbital velocity. >>
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:12:27 PM by rabinoz »

Heiwa

« Reply #12035 on: March 23, 2020, 08:05:02 PM »
I know! Glenn fired his three retro-rockets over the Pacific so he almost flow back to Hawaii but it was to start the re-entry through the atmosphere (air braking + heat shield, LOL) and then he landed in the Atlantic in front of a USN war ship. I describe it at http://heiwaco.com/moontravelw1.htm since many years. But it was just a Hollywood show. Glenn was never in space.

Stash

« Reply #12036 on: March 23, 2020, 08:43:43 PM »
I know! Glenn fired his three retro-rockets over the Pacific so he almost flow back to Hawaii but it was to start the re-entry through the atmosphere (air braking + heat shield, LOL) and then he landed in the Atlantic in front of a USN war ship. I describe it at http://heiwaco.com/moontravelw1.htm since many years. But it was just a Hollywood show. Glenn was never in space.

I just read your 1.9 John Glenn re-entry!. Wow, what a hot mess. You provide zero evidence of anything. It's just you waxing about "flying backward". You sure put a lot of time and effort into writing a whole lotta nothing. Do you have any evidence rather than just whining about it?
No. That sudden lurch forwards is the atmospheric slosh effect.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12037 on: March 23, 2020, 10:07:56 PM »
I know! Glenn fired his three retro-rockets over the Pacific so he almost flow back to Hawaii
I told you to learn to read but you are still proving yourself totally incapable of understanding simple words!

Nowhere did anybody, except you, say "he almost flow back to Hawaii "! Read exactly what John Glenn said please:
Friendship 7 neared the California coast. It had been four hours and 33 minutes since launch. The spacecraft was maneuvered into retrofire attitude and the first retrorocket fired. "Roger. Retros are firing. ... Are they ever. It feels like I'm going back toward Hawaii.", Glenn radioed.

John Glenn did not say "he almost flow back to Hawaii". What he did say was "It feels like I'm going back toward Hawaii".
And if your speed slowed by about 547 km/hr in a few tens of seconds you'd feel like you were going backwards.
But John did not go backwards all that happened was his velocity slowed by 340 mph, a small difference but far more then enough to bring Friendship 7 out of orbit.

This and the early obvious errors totally ruins your whole stupid claim about John Glenn''s reentry and makes the garbage on your website total fiction.

What a totally incompetent loser you are.

Heiwa

« Reply #12038 on: March 24, 2020, 12:17:48 AM »

I just read your 1.9 John Glenn re-entry!. Wow, what a hot mess. You provide zero evidence of anything. It's just you waxing about "flying backward". You sure put a lot of time and effort into writing a whole lotta nothing. Do you have any evidence rather than just whining about it?
Just look at the photo of Glenn's worn 'control stick' to fly his wingless capsule in space. It is from an airplane napalm bombing Korea 1950/3!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12039 on: March 24, 2020, 01:42:51 AM »

Just look at the photo of Glenn's worn 'control stick' to fly his wingless capsule in space.
More garbage for the garbage expert!

This control stick was used by John Glenn during the flight of Friendship 7. It was similar to those used in aircraft, except it controlled only the direction the capsule pointed in space.

Let's count your ridiculous errors!
  • Heiwa: "how much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land?"
    Fact: "three solid-fuel retrorockets began firing . . . . only slowed Friendship 7 by about 340 mph".
                              Slowing Friendship 7 by about 340 mph is nowhere near the same as braking a capsule from 17 000 to 340 mph.

• Heiwa: "Glenn fired his three retro-rockets over the Pacific so he almost flow back to Hawaii"
    Fact: "Retros are firing. ... Are they ever. It feels like I'm going back toward Hawaii", Glenn radioed.
                              Feels like going back toward Hawaii is not the same as almost flying back to Hawaii.

• Heiwa: "Glenn's worn 'control stick' to fly his wingless capsule in space"
    Fact: "control stick  . . . controlled only the direction the capsule pointed in space" - that's hardly flying it in space!
                              controlled only the direction the capsule pointed in space is nothing like flying his wingless capsule in space!

Yet your whole useless website is based on misunderstood fiction like this.
Heiwa, you don't have the comprehension of typical five-year-old!

Heiwa

« Reply #12040 on: March 24, 2020, 07:23:55 AM »
But what about the space craft control stick?
It was used once back in 1962 but looks worn.

Stash

« Reply #12041 on: March 24, 2020, 09:51:34 AM »

And?
No. That sudden lurch forwards is the atmospheric slosh effect.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12042 on: March 24, 2020, 12:38:11 PM »
Sorry Anders but yet another case of shoddy research.  The 3-axis control handle is on the astronaut's right side.  The handle that you're showing is on the astronaut's left side, so that means that it's the abort control handle used to activate the launch escape system.  Fortunately it was never used in flight.  However, who knows how many times it was used in simulation/practice.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 12:40:41 PM by markjo »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12043 on: March 24, 2020, 03:10:36 PM »
So? And there could be many reasons why it looks worn - none of which support your silly claims.
  • How many times was it used during practice?
  • How much would it get worn being gripped very hard during the severe vibrations of launch and reentry?
  • Was it a new item anyway? Maybe it was "borrowed"?

But, as markjo says, that's NOT the "the space craft control stick" on the Friendship 7!
Here read this:
The Friendship 7 Hand Controller

As originally envisioned by the engineers at NASA and McDonnell Aircraft, the Mercury capsule was designed to fly through space using only an automatic control system to keep the spacecraft’s attitude in correct alignment. One of the first requests by the Mercury astronauts was the installation of a three-axis hand controller used to gain manual control of the spacecraft in case the automatic system failed.

This request proved prophetic when the automatic system malfunctioned during John Glenn’s Friendship 7 space flight on February 20, 1962. Glenn successfully used the three-axis hand controller to manually keep the spacecraft in alignment during the second and third orbits.

After the space flight, NASA engineers presented Glenn with the hand controller from the Friendship 7 spacecraft to commemorate his achievement. It is mounted on a wooden plaque along with the thruster that failed during the space flight.

These two pages contain John Glenn’s early notes on the design of a three-axis hand controller and the corresponding instrumentation for the Mercury capsule.

The hand controller used in the Friendship 7 spacecraft.

Taken by an automatic onboard camera, the above photograph shows John Glenn
 seated in the Friendship 7 spacecraft with the three-axis controller in his right hand.
Of note in the photograph is the pair of eye charts taped to the control panel.
Prior to Glenn’s space flight little was known outside of the Soviet Union about
the effects of weightlessness on the human body.
One theory speculated that eyes would fail to maintain their shape in prolonged zero gravity.
Thus the eye charts, which Glenn read with no problems at intervals throughout his time in space.

<< etc etc >>
Keeping count of your ridiculous errors!
  • Heiwa: "how much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land?"
    Fact: "three solid-fuel retrorockets began firing . . . . only slowed Friendship 7 by about 340 mph".
                              Slowing Friendship 7 by about 340 mph is nowhere near the same as braking a capsule from 17 000 to 340 mph
  • Heiwa: "Glenn fired his three retro-rockets over the Pacific so he almost flow back to Hawaii"
    Fact: "Retros are firing. ... Are they ever. It feels like I'm going back toward Hawaii", Glenn radioed.
                              Feels like going back toward Hawaii is not the same as almost flying back to Hawaii.

Fact: "control stick  . . . controlled only the direction the capsule pointed in space" - that's hardly flying it in space!
                              controlled only the direction the capsule pointed in space is nothing like flying his wingless capsule in space!

• Heiwa: "Glenn's worn 'control stick"
                              "Glenn's worn 'control stick" is NOT "Glenn's worn 'control stick" at all but the abort control handle!

Give up loser! You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about and I heard on the grapevine that even AE911T threw you out on your little pink ear!

NotSoSkeptical

• Chynah Virus
« Reply #12044 on: March 24, 2020, 03:54:08 PM »
I do have to say that Heiwa's stupidity is quite uplifting during the Chinese Virus Panic of 2020.

Heiwa

« Reply #12045 on: March 24, 2020, 05:52:19 PM »
So? And there could be many reasons why it looks worn - none of which support your silly claims.
  • How many times was it used during practice?
  • How much would it get worn being gripped very hard during the severe vibrations of launch and reentry?
  • Was it a new item anyway? Maybe it was "borrowed"?

But, as markjo says, that's NOT the "the space craft control stick" on the Friendship 7!
Here read this:
The Friendship 7 Hand Controller

As originally envisioned by the engineers at NASA and McDonnell Aircraft, the Mercury capsule was designed to fly through space using only an automatic control system to keep the spacecraft’s attitude in correct alignment. One of the first requests by the Mercury astronauts was the installation of a three-axis hand controller used to gain manual control of the spacecraft in case the automatic system failed.

This request proved prophetic when the automatic system malfunctioned during John Glenn’s Friendship 7 space flight on February 20, 1962. Glenn successfully used the three-axis hand controller to manually keep the spacecraft in alignment during the second and third orbits.

After the space flight, NASA engineers presented Glenn with the hand controller from the Friendship 7 spacecraft to commemorate his achievement. It is mounted on a wooden plaque along with the thruster that failed during the space flight.

These two pages contain John Glenn’s early notes on the design of a three-axis hand controller and the corresponding instrumentation for the Mercury capsule.

The hand controller used in the Friendship 7 spacecraft.

Taken by an automatic onboard camera, the above photograph shows John Glenn
 seated in the Friendship 7 spacecraft with the three-axis controller in his right hand.
Of note in the photograph is the pair of eye charts taped to the control panel.
Prior to Glenn’s space flight little was known outside of the Soviet Union about
the effects of weightlessness on the human body.
One theory speculated that eyes would fail to maintain their shape in prolonged zero gravity.
Thus the eye charts, which Glenn read with no problems at intervals throughout his time in space.

<< etc etc >>
Keeping count of your ridiculous errors!
                              Slowing Friendship 7 by about 340 mph is nowhere near the same as braking a capsule from 17 000 to 340 mph

• Heiwa: "Glenn's worn 'control stick"
                              "Glenn's worn 'control stick" is NOT "Glenn's worn 'control stick" at all but the abort control handle!

Give up loser! You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about and I heard on the grapevine that even AE911T threw you out on your little pink ear!
Fact remains that Glenn never was in space ever. It was a 100% NASA hoax backed up by Hollywood (and industry building theater props) back in 1962. Not even funny. And a reason why nobody wins my Challenge today. Human space travel is impossible!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12046 on: March 24, 2020, 06:39:55 PM »
Fact remains that Glenn never was in space ever. It was a 100% NASA hoax backed up by Hollywood (and industry building theater props) back in 1962.
Fact remains that everything you've posted so far has proved to be a massive heap of unsubstantiated rubbish and all your so-called evidence has been proven incorrect.

Quote from: Heiwa
Not even funny.
I disagree ;D! It's extremely funny tha a man of your self-proclaimed brilliance :o makes up a whole website of such trash!

And a reason why nobody wins my Challenge today
is that all your stupid challenges are just as fake as you are. Don't worry, I've looked up what others think of your silly conspiracy ideas.

You've been thrown out of mosts forums you've tried even the "International Skeptics Forum, Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories, 9/11 Conspiracy Theories"!
Well, Anders Björkman, just look on the Internet and see what others really think of you and your antics!
Here take a look:
ApolloHoax.net: Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 510860 times) - They think that you're a joke! Look:
Quote from: ayUtah
That's Anders Björkman.  He's no engineer.  He's a blowhard conspiracy theorist who goes around pretending to investigate engineering incidents (especially maritime incidents like the Estonia accident) and writing popular books attributing them to conspiracies.  There's no point drooling over the million Euros because he doesn't have it and there's no talking him out of his delusions.  He's about as woo as they come.

His fuel "study" is based on his personal inability to discover the published parameters and his inability to work the rocket equations properly and to understand astrodynamics.  He attributes these, his personal failures, to NASA and claims NASA is hiding things.

And International Skeptics Forum, Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories, 9/11 Conspiracy Theories: Heiwa drummed out of AE911T?
And there's more! CosmoQuestX: [Heiwa's thread]
So you've sought refuge here to sully up the pages of The Flat Earth Society forum - well, it is so entertaining but it's a pity that you never post any credible evidence!

They do make such interesting reading, Mr Anders Björkman!

Human space travel is impossible!
Rubbish! You have never posted any credible evidence that "Human space travel is impossible" and no sane person is going to believe the garbage in: The Human Space Travel Hoaxes 1959-2020

You are just a conspiritard extrordinaire who is so far out that most sane conspiracy theorists won't touch your silly ideas with a barge-pole.

Now entertain us with some more fairy tales.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12047 on: March 24, 2020, 06:42:18 PM »
I do have to say that Heiwa's stupidity is quite uplifting during the Chinese Virus Panic of 2020.
He does writes such comedy to distract us from the serious problems that surround us.

Heiwa

« Reply #12048 on: March 25, 2020, 04:00:22 AM »
Topic is my Challenge about space travel. Reason why there is no winner is simple! Space travel is not possible.
Of course space travel is possible.  Convincing you that manned space travel is possible is what's not possible.
Hm, win my Challenge and we can discuss.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12049 on: March 25, 2020, 04:22:20 AM »
Topic is my Challenge about space travel. Reason why there is no winner is simple! Space travel is not possible.
Of course space travel is possible.  Convincing you that manned space travel is possible is what's not possible.
No one can possibly win your fake challenge and YOU know it - if you had a trace of common sense NASA would have won it instantly.
If you disagree prove than NASA's fuel figures are wrong and  that their method of atmospheric reentry does not work.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12050 on: March 25, 2020, 04:29:29 AM »
No one can possibly win your fake challenge and YOU know it - if you had a trace of common sense NASA would have won it instantly.
If you disagree prove than NASA's fuel figures are wrong and  that their method of atmospheric reentry does not work.

Broken record rab. Cant you STFU if you cant win the damn challenge? I mean 90% of your post count is probably you telling Heiwa his challenge cant be won. Give it a rest!

Rabinoz = Coronoz. Australias corona virus super spreader

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12051 on: March 25, 2020, 04:41:00 AM »

Broken record rab. Cant you STFU if you cant win the damn challenge? I mean 90% of your post count is probably you telling Heiwa his challenge cant be won. Give it a rest!
Can't you mind your own business on topics that haven't a clue about? Give it a rest!
And if you think that 90% of my "post count is probably you telling Heiwa his challenge cant be won" you suck at arithmetic.
A vacuum mightn't suck but Shifter sure does - now either post some relevant or butt out!

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12052 on: March 25, 2020, 04:45:12 AM »

Can't you mind your own business on topics that haven't a clue about? Give it a rest!
And if you think that 90% of my "post count is probably you telling Heiwa his challenge cant be won" you suck at arithmetic.
A vacuum mightn't suck but Shifter sure does - now either post some relevant or butt out!

Grumpy old man. You need to chillax like Heiwa. I bet he's far more pleasant company than you. He might have a 2nd rate Nespresso on offer but what have you got?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12053 on: March 25, 2020, 05:52:05 AM »
Grumpy old man.
You seem to be the grumpiest one around here with all your complaining and bitching about everybody and everything.

Quote from: Shifter
You need to chillax like Heiwa. I bet he's far more pleasant company than you. He might have a 2nd rate Nespresso on offer but what have you got?
I thought Heiwa had a real espresso machine.
Poor old me's only got a 3rd rate Nespresso - actually a Philips L'or (the one without the milk frother) but it seems to have a similar selection of Ristretto, Espresso and Lungo to yours though the volumes are programmable rather than easily selectable like you up-market one.

My youngest got himself a Nespresso Vertuo coffee capsule machine with its larger capsule but so far I'd generally prefer the machine I've got - I guess I'm no coffee connoisseur.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
Re: rabs crappy Nespresso
« Reply #12054 on: March 25, 2020, 06:02:53 AM »
Grumpy old man.
You seem to be the grumpiest one around here with all your complaining and bitching about everybody and everything.

You need to chillax like Heiwa. I bet he's far more pleasant company than you. He might have a 2nd rate Nespresso on offer but what have you got?
I thought Heiwa had a real espresso machine.
Poor old me's only got a 3rd rate Nespresso - actually a Philips L'or (the one without the milk frother) but it seems to have a similar selection of Ristretto, Espresso and Lungo to yours though the volumes are programmable rather than easily selectable like you up-market one.

My youngest got himself a Nespresso Vertuo coffee capsule machine with its larger capsule but so far I'd generally prefer the machine I've got - I guess I'm no coffee connoisseur.

I have the Creatista Pro which makes me have the best one. You dont even have a milk frother so you got the crappiest one.

Your son got jipped. The Vertuo has a very limited selection of pods and flavours on offer and no other company other than Nespresso makes compatible pods for them so you have to pay top dollar for every cup.

But unless asstronuts enjoyed a Nespresso on their fake trip to the moon, what has it got to do with the topic that is Heiwas challenge?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12055 on: March 25, 2020, 06:53:06 AM »
How can I win your "challenge" if it isn't possible to win your "challenge"? ???

« Reply #12056 on: March 25, 2020, 09:13:55 AM »
...402pg and you dont know the answer?

Heiwa

« Reply #12057 on: March 25, 2020, 09:30:41 AM »
How can I win your "challenge" if it isn't possible to win your "challenge"? ???
You can't.
Any person - see post #1 - suggesting winning is a liar. Probably paid by NASA?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: rabs crappy Nespresso
« Reply #12058 on: March 25, 2020, 02:49:36 PM »
I have the Creatista Pro which makes me have the best one. You dont even have a milk frother so you got the crappiest one.
Yes, we know that you are the best in the world at everything but only in the opinion of that pompous, self-congratulating ass called  Shifter!

Your son got jipped. The Vertuo has a very limited selection of pods and flavours on offer and no other company other than Nespresso makes compatible pods for them so you have to pay top dollar for every cup.
I agree and I have the choice of all Nespresso compatible capsules from all sources plus double size capsules fro L'Or for minimal outlay.

But unless asstronuts astronauts enjoyed a Nespresso on their fake trip to the moon, what has it got to do with the topic that is Heiwas challenge?
I don't know - why did you raise the issue in:
You ask the question, "what have you got?" and I dutifully answered but you kept up this silly "my coffee machine's better than yours" stupidity.

It seems as though, as usual, you don't even know your own mind.

But if you think the lunar missions were faked you need to offer good evidence and answers to the numerous given as to why they simply could not have been faked.

Otherwise, you are just joining Heiwa and his merry band of Lunar Hoaxers who have no understanding of the issues involved and continue to be duped by:
  • the proven liar, Bill Kaysing,
  • the total creep and ignoramus, Bart Sibrel, and
  • Massimo Mazzucco who just repeats the same old Bart Sibrel ignorance with little new material of substance.
Over to you or Heiwa for some real evidence now!

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #12059 on: March 25, 2020, 02:57:16 PM »
I think Heiwas on forced leave for a few days. It's up to me to call you all twerps and promote his challenge