I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #12000 on: March 21, 2020, 11:49:55 PM »
Your 'liquid lunch'  8)
The liquid part of my lunch was oxygen dihydride diluted with hydrogen hydroxide are they intoxicating?

The LD50 of such a drink is 6 litres. So yes, can be quite deadly in the right amount

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12001 on: March 22, 2020, 12:14:57 AM »
Your 'liquid lunch'  8)
The liquid part of my lunch was oxygen dihydride diluted with hydrogen hydroxide are they intoxicating?

The LD50 of such a drink is 6 litres. So yes, can be quite deadly in the right amount
Maybe I'll dilute it with a drop of Bailey's Irish Cream tonight would that help?
You seem an expert on these things so you might know if it would it be less toxic if the Bailey's were uncontaminated by either oxygen dihydride or  hydrogen hydroxide?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12002 on: March 22, 2020, 12:58:43 AM »
Your 'liquid lunch'  8)

Maybe I'll dilute it with a drop of Bailey's Irish Cream tonight would that help?
You seem an expert on these things so you might know if it would it be less toxic if the Bailey's were uncontaminated by either oxygen dihydride or  hydrogen hydroxide?

Bailey's Irish cream is delicious. I recommend 2 drops

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12003 on: March 22, 2020, 01:42:34 AM »
A nip's more like it.
Or should it be Glayva, Gaelic for “very good”?
Though to be quite honest I don't like the bite of alcohol and can't imagine drinking much.
A little Tia Maria in coffee occasionally goes down well.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12004 on: March 22, 2020, 02:23:51 AM »
A nip's more like it.
Or should it be Glayva, Gaelic for “very good”?
Though to be quite honest I don't like the bite of alcohol and can't imagine drinking much.

Alcohol is gross, but in dessert style cocktails it can be a delicious drink.

But what has this got to do with fake space trips to the moon and back? Maybe the asstronuts after filiming their fake moon landing, left the set and had a good piss up

Alcohol can be used as a fuel. Maybe we can use that to get us to the moon. Who wants to calculate how much ethanol would be required to blast a rocket with a human crew and moon buggy to the moon and back?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12005 on: March 22, 2020, 03:41:33 AM »
A nip's more like it.
Or should it be Glayva, Gaelic for “very good”?

Alcohol is gross, but in dessert style cocktails it can be a delicious drink.

But what has this got to do with fake space trips to the moon and back?
Nothing but little of what Heiwa writes has anything to do with "space trips to the moon and back" anyway.

Quote from: Shifter
Maybe the asstronuts after filiming their fake moon landing, left the set and had a good piss up
The version I prefer is that NASA insisted on Stanley's Kubrick directing the Apollo 11 video.
But Stanley's Kubrick was such a perfectionist that he insisted on filming videoing on location ;D!

Sounds as good a story as any I've heard.

Quote from: Shifter
Alcohol can be used as a fuel.
Sure, but it's not as good as kerosene (RP-1) or liquid hydrogen (LH2) or nitrous tetroxide and Aerozine 50.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #12006 on: March 22, 2020, 04:35:31 AM »
I thought that is why it was called moon shine
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12007 on: March 22, 2020, 05:37:32 AM »
I thought moonshine got the drinker higher than a kite with no need for a rocket - big saving.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #12008 on: March 22, 2020, 06:44:07 AM »
Nothing but little of what Heiwa writes has anything to do with "space trips to the moon and back" anyway.
Well, topic is my €1M Challenge - see post #1 - about fuel for human space return trips. My opinion since >50 years is that a certain amount of fuel can put a man or dog in space but he cannot ever return = the trip cannot be completed = only idiots will ever consider winning my Challenge. All orbits in space are one-way only.
I know plenty people say they have done space return trips but they cannot prove it. If you ask them for evidence, they have none.
[/quote]

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12009 on: March 22, 2020, 09:10:14 AM »
No.  They call it moonshine because the bootleggers would distill their illegal product by the light of the moon.  This exposure to moonlight could also explain its intoxicating effects.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #12010 on: March 22, 2020, 10:55:05 AM »
I know plenty people say they have done space return trips but they cannot prove it. If you ask them for evidence, they have none.

What would the evidence you need from them be?

Heiwa

« Reply #12011 on: March 22, 2020, 11:38:58 AM »

Fuel calculations!

You know that according https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population there are 7 700 millions of humans on Earth!

And only today according https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 318 649 (i.e. only 0.3 million) are infected by a corona virus and 13 675 have died!

But 57 millions humans die every every here on Earth! https://ourworldindata.org/births-and-deaths and so far nobody has won my Challenge.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #12012 on: March 22, 2020, 01:30:46 PM »

Fuel calculations!

You know that according https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population there are 7 700 millions of humans on Earth!

And only today according https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 318 649 (i.e. only 0.3 million) are infected by a corona virus and 13 675 have died!

But 57 millions humans die every every here on Earth! https://ourworldindata.org/births-and-deaths and so far nobody has won my Challenge.

You've asked astronauts for fuel calculations?

Additionally, you've been given the fuel calculations dozens of times. Not just here, but elsewhere too. Wherein lies the problem?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12013 on: March 22, 2020, 02:06:24 PM »
But 57 millions humans die every here on Earth! https://ourworldindata.org/births-and-deaths and so far nobody has won my Challenge.
And how many of those 57 millions humans die every here on Earth could give one brass Razoo about your stupid fake challenges?

Because:
You refuse to believe the detailed calculation made by NASA before the flights.
You refuse to believe the detailed reports released by NASA after the flights.
You refuse to believe any of the fuels calculations done by everybody else since.
Just as you would refuse to believe any calculations made by anyone in the future.
All because you refuse the possibility of relatively safe atmospheric re-entry from space even though over 500 people have been to space and returned.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12014 on: March 22, 2020, 03:03:10 PM »
But 57 millions humans die every here on Earth! https://ourworldindata.org/births-and-deaths and so far nobody has won my Challenge.
And how many of those 57 millions humans die every here on Earth could give one brass Razoo about your stupid fake challenges?

Because:
You refuse to believe any of the fuels calculations done by everybody else since.
Just as you would refuse to believe any calculations made by anyone in the future.
All because you refuse the possibility of relatively safe atmospheric re-entry from space even though over 500 people have been to space and returned.

They could not give a single brass Razoo..... Because what the hell is a brass Razoo and who the hell has any on hand?

Maybe it's an old people thing. You're like one of Australia's pioneers. Maybe Razoos were a thing back then

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12015 on: March 22, 2020, 03:27:37 PM »

Because:

They could not give a single brass Razoo..... Because what the hell is a brass Razoo and who the hell has any on hand?
Don't blame me for your ignorance of genuine Aussie lingo!
And is your Google broken too? Brass Razoo

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12016 on: March 22, 2020, 03:46:02 PM »
I guess you had to be there to think that's funny

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12017 on: March 22, 2020, 04:53:59 PM »
I guess you had to be there to think that's funny
I never claimed it was funny all I did was to use a genuine Aussie expression for something of no value.
And it was in this quite genuine response to Heiwa's idiotic claim of "57 millions humans die every here on Earth! . . . and so far nobody has won my Challenge.

Because:
I can't help your pathetic ignorance of Australian culture - I don't know why you bother staying here if you think it's such a terrible country.

Heiwa

« Reply #12018 on: March 22, 2020, 05:25:05 PM »

Fuel calculations!

Additionally, you've been given the fuel calculations dozens of times. Not just here, but elsewhere too. Wherein lies the problem?
Of course! The astronuts must of course know how much fuel they need for their trips starting with John Glenn. I describe him at my web site. He was never in space! He was lying all the time. Sad! Glenn then became a US senator. Imagine that! And he finally took a trip on the Shuttle to the Fake Space Station. ROTFL!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #12019 on: March 22, 2020, 06:38:28 PM »

Fuel calculations!

Of course! The astronuts must of course know how much fuel they need for their trips starting with John Glenn. I describe him at my web site. He was never in space! He was lying all the time. Sad! Glenn then became a US senator. Imagine that! And he finally took a trip on the Shuttle to the Fake Space Station. ROTFL!

You asked John Glenn how much fuel he needed for his Mercury mission? What did he say?

You didn't answer my second question: You've been given the fuel calculations dozens of times. Not just here, but elsewhere too. Wherein lies the problem?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12020 on: March 22, 2020, 06:47:15 PM »
Of course! The astronauts must, of course, know how much fuel they need for their trips starting with John Glenn.
Why would John Glenn need any knowledge of the fuel usage of the rocket stages that launched him into orbit? He had no control over that.
Why would the Apollo 11 astronauts need to know the fuel usage for the first 2 stages - they have no control over that other than a panic (abort) button!
But they did have control over the transfer injection burn and detailed knowledge of the descent module propellant usage.

Quote from: Heiwa
I describe him at my web site. He was never in space! He was lying all the time.
LMFTFY:
No, you lie about John Glenn on your web site and can't admit that was really in space and orbited the Earth three times in 1962 then went on the ISS when he was 77!
You are so jealous of John Glenn going into space at 77 (4 years older than you are NOW) that all you can do is lie all the time and pretend it didn't happen. Sad! And remember that:

Glenn then became a US senator. Imagine that! And he finally took a trip on the Shuttle to the Fake International Space Station.
Yes, Heiwa, we all ROTFL at your pathetic efforts to pretend that these things never happened simply because you don't have the nouse to understand how it is possible!

Real scientists, engineers, astronomers, orbital mechanics experts etc design these things and get them done.
But pathetic little ignoramuses like YOU can do nothing but sit on the side-lines and ridicule. It's so sad really!

Heiwa

« Reply #12021 on: March 22, 2020, 07:49:23 PM »

Fuel calculations!

You asked John Glenn how much fuel he needed for his Mercury mission? What did he say?

You didn't answer my second question: You've been given the fuel calculations dozens of times. Not just here, but elsewhere too. Wherein lies the problem?
Re Glenn see http://heiwaco.com/moontravelw1.htm#19 . Glenn asked a lady friend to check ... and she did. The fuel was used for braking (!) and Glenn pushed the rights buttons/switches, etc, LOL!
Re dozens of fuel calculations they are simply all wrong.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:51:22 PM by Heiwa »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12022 on: March 22, 2020, 07:55:10 PM »
Re Glenn see http://heiwaco.com/moontravelw1.htm#19 . Glenn asked a lady friend to check ... and she did. The fuel was used for braking (!) and Glenn pushed the rights buttons/switches, etc, LOL!
How do you know that the calculations were wrong?  Did you check the math?  Do you even know what math would be involved?

Heiwa

« Reply #12023 on: March 22, 2020, 10:18:28 PM »
How do you know that the calculations were wrong?  Did you check the math?  Do you even know what math would be involved?
Yes, I checked everything. I asked Glenn and he referred me to this NASA assistant of his that checked everything incl. fuel back in 1962 - Katherine Johnson. She died Feb. 24, 2020 at the age of 102!
For Glenn to finish his space trip (to land on Earth again) he had to brake hard three times by firing his rocket engine in the opposite direction of travel and Katherine checked it all!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 10:22:50 PM by Heiwa »

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #12024 on: March 22, 2020, 11:47:42 PM »
TL;DR
Hiewa cant do math, and here we are, 241 pages later still arguing about it.

Anyway, back to reality.
It looks like SpaceX is making quick progress with Starship SN3 which will be doing its static fire tests and hopefully some hops.
That or it blows up.
Right now it just looks like a stainless steel tube. But what are rockets other than tubes with flamey bits at the end?
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12025 on: March 23, 2020, 01:11:05 AM »

It looks like SpaceX is making quick progress

Mr Musk doesn't even know what Mars looks like for crying out loud. His 'Occupy Mars' tweet was nothing but a picture of a full moon in lunar eclipse. What a drongo

This is the guy you entrust to get you into space. And back??

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12026 on: March 23, 2020, 01:20:03 AM »
Yes, I checked everything
Shows us your calculations where you checked everything.

I asked Glenn and he referred me to this NASA assistant of his that checked everything incl. fuel back in 1962 - Katherine Johnson. She died Feb. 24, 2020 at the age of 102!
For Glenn to finish his space trip (to land on Earth again) he had to brake hard three times by firing his rocket engine in the opposite direction of travel and Katherine checked it all!
Why do you totally misrepresent what really happened? Are you just ignorant or trying to be deceptive?

Sure, John Glenn did ask Katherine Johnson to double check the computer calculations:
Katherine Johnson, Hidden Figures, and John Glenn’s Flight
Right at this time, the center installed the first large IBM mainframe computer, foreshadowing an age when the job title would go away and the women would adapt to becoming computer scientists. In fall 1961, as the Mercury project prepared for Glenn’s launch on the Atlas intercontinental ballistic missile, Glenn asked one of the supervisors to have “the girl,” meaning Johnson, to check the reentry calculations of the new computer on the old desktop calculators—he just was not comfortable with having his fate dependent on a machine. Johnson did that extensive work, which took a couple of weeks, and became known for it in the African American press after the flight.
Sure, John Glenn did fire three little retrorockets to start his reentry but look at this:
The Voyages of John Glenn
He’d lined up the capsule to the proper attitude, with the retrorockets aimed 34 degrees above the horizontal, pointing into his flight path. With half a minute to go, the capsule’s auto-sequencer began its own countdown for retrofire. Friendship 7 was crossing the coast of California when Schirra read the final seconds: “Five, four, three, two, one, fire.”

Glenn felt a solid push as the first of three solid-fuel retrorockets began firing. His mission clock showed that since liftoff, 4 hours, 33 minutes, and 7 seconds had elapsed. Seconds later, he felt the second one go off, then the third. He felt as if he were suddenly flying back toward Hawaii, but it was just an illusion caused by the sudden acceleration after almost four and a half hours of weightlessness. In reality, the retros had only slowed Friendship 7 by about 340 mph, enough to cause it to fall out of orbit.

So "three solid-fuel retrorockets began firing . . . . only slowed Friendship 7 by about 340 mph".

This makes your "he had to brake hard three times by firing his rocket engine in the opposite direction of travel" totally misleading

The automotive sequencer fired "three solid-fuel retrorockets began firing" (not his "rocket engine").
There was no "brake hard three times" - those three solid retrorockets only reduced the velocity "about 340 mph"!

The slowing down from about (17,000 – 340) miles per hour to sub-sonic velocities had to be by atmospheric braking and that was a bit "hairy" for John Glenn.

The rest is tl;dr and is just for interest.
What Glenn did not know, as Friendship 7 drifted over the night side of Earth for a second time, was that mission controllers in Cape Canaveral were aware of a serious and potentially deadly problem with his spacecraft. It had to do with the landing bag, a tube of rubberized fabric that was folded, accordion-style, between the heat shield and the craft’s base.

Normally the landing bag would be deployed just before splashdown in the ocean; the weight of the heat shield would cause it to expand and inflate with air, cushioning impact with the water. But one of the many telemetry readings streaming down from Friendship 7 indicated that the bag had already deployed.

It was probably a faulty signal—but what if it wasn’t? In that case, the only thing holding the heat shield on would be the retrorocket package, which was secured by three straps attached to the capsule’s base. Once the retrorockets fired to slow Friendship 7 out of orbit, the retropack would be jettisoned, the heat shield would come loose, and when temperatures outside the capsule rose to 9,500 degrees during reentry, there would be nothing to protect John Glenn from incineration.

It seemed the only solution was to leave the retropack attached during reentry; its straps would burn away, but by that time aerodynamic forces would hold the heat shield in place. But while it was still attached, would it make the capsule unstable? And as it melted away, would it cause fatal damage to the heat shield? The anguish of uncertainty hung over Flight Director Chris Kraft and his team. They would have to come up with an answer before retro-fire time, which was less than two hours away. For now, Kraft decided, they wouldn’t say anything to Glenn. There was no point in worrying him with a problem he couldn’t do anything about.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
John, leave your retropack on through Texas. Do you read?” It was Wally Schirra, from the ground station in Point Arguello, California. Glenn knew that in Mercury Control, people were deliberating about the landing, but right now there wasn’t time to dwell on that; retrofire was less than a minute away.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
As Glenn flew within range of Cape Canaveral for the final time, Shepard finally told him what was going on: “We are not sure whether or not your landing bag has deployed. We feel it is possible to reenter with the retropackage on. We see no difficulty at this time in that type of reentry.”

<< more about the fiery re-entry >>

Heiwa

« Reply #12027 on: March 23, 2020, 05:01:42 AM »
Yes, I checked everything
Shows us your calculations where you checked everything.

I asked Glenn and he referred me to this NASA assistant of his that checked everything incl. fuel back in 1962 - Katherine Johnson. She died Feb. 24, 2020 at the age of 102!
Why do you totally misrepresent what really happened? Are you just ignorant or trying to be deceptive?

Sure, John Glenn did ask Katherine Johnson to double check the computer calculations:
Katherine Johnson, Hidden Figures, and John Glenn’s Flight
Right at this time, the center installed the first large IBM mainframe computer, foreshadowing an age when the job title would go away and the women would adapt to becoming computer scientists. In fall 1961, as the Mercury project prepared for Glenn’s launch on the Atlas intercontinental ballistic missile, Glenn asked one of the supervisors to have “the girl,” meaning Johnson, to check the reentry calculations of the new computer on the old desktop calculators—he just was not comfortable with having his fate dependent on a machine. Johnson did that extensive work, which took a couple of weeks, and became known for it in the African American press after the flight.
Sure, John Glenn did fire three little retrorockets to start his reentry but look at this:
He’d lined up the capsule to the proper attitude, with the retrorockets aimed 34 degrees above the horizontal, pointing into his flight path. With half a minute to go, the capsule’s auto-sequencer began its own countdown for retrofire. Friendship 7 was crossing the coast of California when Schirra read the final seconds: “Five, four, three, two, one, fire.”

Glenn felt a solid push as the first of three solid-fuel retrorockets began firing. His mission clock showed that since liftoff, 4 hours, 33 minutes, and 7 seconds had elapsed. Seconds later, he felt the second one go off, then the third. He felt as if he were suddenly flying back toward Hawaii, but it was just an illusion caused by the sudden acceleration after almost four and a half hours of weightlessness. In reality, the retros had only slowed Friendship 7 by about 340 mph, enough to cause it to fall out of orbit.

So "three solid-fuel retrorockets began firing . . . . only slowed Friendship 7 by about 340 mph".

This makes your "he had to brake hard three times by firing his rocket engine in the opposite direction of travel" totally misleading

The automotive sequencer fired "three solid-fuel retrorockets began firing" (not his "rocket engine").
There was no "brake hard three times" - those three solid retrorockets only reduced the velocity "about 340 mph"!

The slowing down from about (17,000 – 340) miles per hour to sub-sonic velocities had to be by atmospheric braking and that was a bit "hairy" for John Glenn.

The rest is tl;dr and is just for interest.
What Glenn did not know, as Friendship 7 drifted over the night side of Earth for a second time, was that mission controllers in Cape Canaveral were aware of a serious and potentially deadly problem with his spacecraft. It had to do with the landing bag, a tube of rubberized fabric that was folded, accordion-style, between the heat shield and the craft’s base.

Normally the landing bag would be deployed just before splashdown in the ocean; the weight of the heat shield would cause it to expand and inflate with air, cushioning impact with the water. But one of the many telemetry readings streaming down from Friendship 7 indicated that the bag had already deployed.

It was probably a faulty signal—but what if it wasn’t? In that case, the only thing holding the heat shield on would be the retrorocket package, which was secured by three straps attached to the capsule’s base. Once the retrorockets fired to slow Friendship 7 out of orbit, the retropack would be jettisoned, the heat shield would come loose, and when temperatures outside the capsule rose to 9,500 degrees during reentry, there would be nothing to protect John Glenn from incineration.

It seemed the only solution was to leave the retropack attached during reentry; its straps would burn away, but by that time aerodynamic forces would hold the heat shield in place. But while it was still attached, would it make the capsule unstable? And as it melted away, would it cause fatal damage to the heat shield? The anguish of uncertainty hung over Flight Director Chris Kraft and his team. They would have to come up with an answer before retro-fire time, which was less than two hours away. For now, Kraft decided, they wouldn’t say anything to Glenn. There was no point in worrying him with a problem he couldn’t do anything about.
John, leave your retropack on through Texas. Do you read?” It was Wally Schirra, from the ground station in Point Arguello, California. Glenn knew that in Mercury Control, people were deliberating about the landing, but right now there wasn’t time to dwell on that; retrofire was less than a minute away.
As Glenn flew within range of Cape Canaveral for the final time, Shepard finally told him what was going on: “We are not sure whether or not your landing bag has deployed. We feel it is possible to reenter with the retropackage on. We see no difficulty at this time in that type of reentry.”

<< more about the fiery re-entry >>
OK, Glenn says he was in orbit at 17 000 mph and decided after three turns around Earth at 200/300 miles altitudeand over the Pacific to land in the Atlantic ocean. He thus flipped his capsule 180° to fly backwards and fired rockets to reduce the speed to 340 mph. Imagine that! Flying backwards! If the rockets were facing the other way, it was not necessary to flip 180° but Glenn was an airplane pilot that can flip to impress! And then Glenn dropped down into the Atlantic under parachutes. Why not? The only problem was the plastic/rubber life buoy - landing bag - to prevent the capsule to sink.
What a stupid story.
Anyway - how much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land?
Aha! 50X lb!
And where did it come from?
Did Glenn fill up in orbit?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #12028 on: March 23, 2020, 07:39:10 AM »
Something else to add to the list of things that Heiwa doesn't comprehend.

Drag/Air Resistance
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #12029 on: March 23, 2020, 09:33:12 AM »
Anyway - how much fuel was used to brake a capsule of mass X lb from 17 000 to 340 mph to land?
Aha! 50X lb!
And where did it come from?
Did Glenn fill up in orbit?
Why must you constantly say such stupid things?

The fuel for the retrorockets was in the retropack all along.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that fuel for upper stages is considered payload for the lower stages?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:35:18 AM by markjo »