I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 12250 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #11880 on: March 09, 2020, 10:27:52 AM »
Topic is my Challenge about space travel. Reason why there is no winner is simple! Space travel is not possible.
Of course space travel is possible.  Convincing you that manned space travel is possible is what's not possible.
It is much simpler. To win/collect €1M of my Challenge (post #1) you have to tell me how much fuel is required to fly to Moon/Mars.
If you cannot do it, evidently space travel is not possible.
I can't tell you how much fuel is required to sail an oil tanker from Saudi Arabia to Japan.  Does that mean that ocean travel is not possible?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11881 on: March 09, 2020, 10:41:13 AM »
The problem with chemical fuel is the law of diminishing returns. There comes a point where you take fuel, to carry the fuel. Our current fuel technology is too inefficient.
I agree that chemical rockets are terribly inefficient.  Around 85-90% or more of the total mass needs to be fuel.  However, you'd be surprised what you can do with big rockets with small payloads.

One day we will master matter/antimatter tech. The cost will be cheaper and we can use that to get us to suicide on Mars
Actually, the plan is to use the available resources on Mars to make methane for the return trip.

Fuel is only one challenge. Space travel is kind of dumb if you cant land back on a planet without disintegrating on re-entry.
Then it's a good thing that they figured out reentry around 60 years ago.

They also need to solve WTF people will do about pissing and shitting. There's no toilet paper shops in space!!  :o
I'd me more concerned about eating, drinking and breathing.  Space toilets have been a thing since the Space Shuttle, but there's only so many supplies that you can take on extended duration missions.  They're going to have to figure out how to be self sufficient for pretty much everything.

Heiwa

« Reply #11882 on: March 09, 2020, 10:50:47 AM »
Topic is my Challenge about space travel. Reason why there is no winner is simple! Space travel is not possible.
Of course space travel is possible.  Convincing you that manned space travel is possible is what's not possible.
It is much simpler. To win/collect €1M of my Challenge (post #1) you have to tell me how much fuel is required to fly to Moon/Mars.
I can't tell you how much fuel is required to sail an oil tanker from Saudi Arabia to Japan.  Does that mean that ocean travel is not possible?
Well, I can tell you how much fuel is required to sail from Saudi Arabia to Japan. Ocean travel is possible since Noah. Problem is safety during trip = my biz! Noah went aground ... and saved the world!

Topic is human travel in space (post #1) and associated fuel consumption!

It is not about one-way trips/orbits in space, which is possible as the spacecraft lobbed into space has no fuel to return or what ever.
I have never understood the purpose of no-fuel, one-way trips into the Universe. They seem absurd!
So I don't make a €100M Challenge about such stupidity.

Stash

« Reply #11883 on: March 09, 2020, 11:42:13 AM »

Actually, the topic is how someone already won the €1,000,000 challenge way back in 2015 and you welshed.
No. That sudden lurch forwards is the atmospheric slosh effect.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #11884 on: March 09, 2020, 11:50:45 AM »
I have never understood the purpose of no-fuel, one-way trips into the Universe. They seem absurd!

You've clearly not had kids  :P

Nah, I love mine  8)

Rabinoz = Coronoz. Australias corona virus super spreader

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11885 on: March 09, 2020, 01:39:53 PM »
You have already been told in detail how much fuel was required to go to the Moon and back in 1969 but you refused to believe it.
Why would you be any more likely to believe a calculation done now?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11886 on: March 09, 2020, 02:30:03 PM »

It is not about one-way trips/orbits in space, which is possible as the spacecraft lobbed into space has no fuel to return or what ever.
Totally incorrect!

As a very simple example, a SpaceX Falcon Heavy can put a payload of 63,800 kg into Low Earth Orbit.

Such fully powered descent from LEO to the Earth's surface in a vacuum would need a Delta-V of 9.3 km/s.
If a rocket engine with an Isp of 380 sec (SpaceX's Raptor engine) were used around 5000 kg could be lowered to the surface and that ignores any air resistance!

That could land a lightweight crew module.

But, as you well know a powered descent is not needed on Earth because an atmospheric braking reentry needs almost no fuel.

Quote from: Heiwa
I have never understood the purpose of no-fuel, one-way trips into the Universe.
But you have never understood most things when it comes to space travel so that's nothing new!

But whoever does no-fuel, one-way trips into the Universe? Even on-way missions to investigate other planets carry fuel for course changes and manoeuvering.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
  • ASI
« Reply #11887 on: March 09, 2020, 05:20:17 PM »
Yeah but imagine b ok w many more tens of thousands of tonnes of payload one could bring to orbit if they used antimatter for fuel.

Now most of the payload IS the fuel bringing the fuel into orbit. What a waste of a finite resource! No one would be so wasteful!

Rabinoz = Coronoz. Australias corona virus super spreader

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11888 on: March 09, 2020, 07:09:23 PM »
Yeah but imagine b ok w many more tens of thousands of tonnes of payload one could bring to orbit if they used antimatter for fuel.
Unfortunately antimatter propulsion is still only imagination while chemical propulsion is real.

Now most of the payload IS the fuel bringing the fuel into orbit. What a waste of a finite resource! No one would be so wasteful!
One of the benefits of putting satellites into orbit in the first place is that they can provide a variety of services to a wider audience while ultimately using fewer resources.  After all, how many towers would it take to provide the same world-wide communication and location services as a just a few dozen satellites?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:12:29 PM by markjo »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11889 on: March 09, 2020, 07:18:42 PM »
Yeah but imagine your antimatter drive when there seems to be no idea as to how an antimatter fuelled rocket might get over that first big hurdle?
Ion-thrusters are being used at present once in space but getting into Low Earth Orbit is that hurdle.

At present there seems little alternative than a rocket with a thrust larger than the weight of the rocket. Air launch and high altitude launch helps a little.

But for this topic Heiwa is looking for answers that would have been relevant over 60 years ago and would still be relevant.

Quote from: Shifter
Sure, everybody knows that.
Though LOX and LH2 could both be produced using renewable or nuclear energy.
Then methane, if preferred, can be produced from the hydrogen.

But so far, at least, all rocket propulsion needs a reaction mass. Chemical fuelled rockets have the advantage that the spent fuel is the reaction mass.
For ion-thrusters and antimatter propulsion the reaction mass is an extra. For ion-thrusters xenon gas is used.

And as mentioned earlier no alternative to chemical fuelled rocket engines provide the high thrust to lift off a planet and reach orbital speed.

Still for interplanetary missions there is active work on antimatter engines though I've no idea how they would source the antimatter. Present methods of production are very energy inefficient.

Here's an article on one compared working in this field:
Quote from: CARA MCGOOGAN
Antimatter rockets could make humans an 'interstellar species'
Exploring Space with Antimatter Rockets, Ryan Weed by WIRED UK << Too much Jaguar ad in that. >>

Antimatter Propulsion - Ryan Weed, CEO of Positron Dynamics from Hello Tomorrow

« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:40:11 PM by rabinoz »

Heiwa

« Reply #11890 on: March 10, 2020, 12:49:49 PM »
Yeah but imagine your antimatter drive when there seems to be no idea as to how an antimatter fuelled rocket might get over that first big hurdle?
Ion-thrusters are being used at present once in space but getting into Low Earth Orbit is that hurdle.

At present there seems little alternative than a rocket with a thrust larger than the weight of the rocket. Air launch and high altitude launch helps a little.

But for this topic Heiwa is looking for answers that would have been relevant over 60 years ago and would still be relevant.

Quote from: Shifter
Sure, everybody knows that.
Though LOX and LH2 could both be produced using renewable or nuclear energy.
Then methane, if preferred, can be produced from the hydrogen.

But so far, at least, all rocket propulsion needs a reaction mass. Chemical fuelled rockets have the advantage that the spent fuel is the reaction mass.
For ion-thrusters and antimatter propulsion the reaction mass is an extra. For ion-thrusters xenon gas is used.

And as mentioned earlier no alternative to chemical fuelled rocket engines provide the high thrust to lift off a planet and reach orbital speed.

Still for interplanetary missions there is active work on antimatter engines though I've no idea how they would source the antimatter. Present methods of production are very energy inefficient.

Here's an article on one compared working in this field:
Quote from: CARA MCGOOGAN
Antimatter rockets could make humans an 'interstellar species'
Exploring Space with Antimatter Rockets, Ryan Weed by WIRED UK << Too much Jaguar ad in that. >>

Antimatter Propulsion - Ryan Weed, CEO of Positron Dynamics from Hello Tomorrow

Antimatter Propulsion is admitted to win my Challenge (topic). Flying Saucers (UFOs) use it. My grandmother loved UFOs back in the 1950's, when they landed at Alvaret outside Vickleby, on Öland, Sweden, just in front of her. I was six years old then. What a story.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11891 on: March 10, 2020, 02:35:20 PM »
Antimatter Propulsion is admitted to win my Challenge (topic). Flying Saucers (UFOs) use it. My grandmother loved UFOs back in the 1950's, when they landed at Alvaret outside Vickleby, on Öland, Sweden, just in front of her. I was six years old then. What a story.
I wasn't suggesting antimatter propulsion for your silly fake challenges. That is completely unnecessary for anything you've asked for and you've been shown that many times.

Here's one Technology, Science & Alt Science / Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge « Message by rabinoz on May 26, 2019, 09:23:02 AM »

Heiwa

« Reply #11892 on: March 10, 2020, 07:15:22 PM »
I wasn't suggesting antimatter propulsion for your silly fake challenges. That is completely unnecessary for anything you've asked for and you've been shown that many times.

Here's one Technology, Science & Alt Science / Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge « Message by rabinoz on May 26, 2019, 09:23:02 AM »
Thanks. But this SATURN 5 rocket never catapulted any humans into space. It was just a great Hollywood show.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 07:16:58 PM by Heiwa »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11893 on: March 10, 2020, 07:37:03 PM »
Thanks. But this SATURN 5 rocket never catapulted any humans into space. It was just a great Hollywood show.

But if you disagree with that propellant requirement please present you own calculations showing exactly where they are incorrect!

You have never proven that the "SATURN 5 rocket never catapulted any humans into space" nor even presented credible evidence supporting your silly claim so:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own.!"

Heiwa

« Reply #11894 on: March 11, 2020, 05:17:37 AM »

But if you disagree with that propellant requirement please present you own calculations showing exactly where they are incorrect!

You have never proven that the "SATURN 5 rocket never catapulted any humans into space" nor even presented credible evidence supporting your silly claim so:

Nobody has won my Challenge because trips to the Moon are impossible. Take this SATURN rocket putting a spacecraft in LEO! The spacecraft then leaves LEO to start orbiting the Moon. But how? How to leave LEO and start orbiting the Moon? Using other rocket engines? NASA just produced nonsense science fiction about it.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11895 on: March 11, 2020, 06:01:48 AM »

Nobody has won my Challenge because trips to the Moon are impossible.
No! "Nobody has won your Challenge because" because it was a fake challenge right from square one!
Take this SATURN rocket putting a spacecraft in LEO! The spacecraft then leaves LEO to start orbiting the Moon. But how? How to leave LEO and start orbiting the Moon? Using other rocket engines?
Of course, they used rocket engines! Did you think they would row it like a boat ;D! They used the Rocketdyne J-2 engine of the S-IVB stage.

I assume that you have read this: "When over Hawaii for the second time, the S-IVB stage re-ignites to perform the Translunar Injection burn that will send them on their way to the Moon."
From Apollo Flight Journal: Apollo 11 Day 1, part 2: Earth Orbit and Translunar Injection

NASA just produced nonsense science fiction about it.
If you have never even read what NASA wrote on it and can produce no credible evidence of your own that just proves that you are making up fairy-tales to justify your hatred of NASA and all things American.

Well, Anders Björkman, you don't fool anybody! Just look on the Internet and see what others really think of you and your antics!
Here take a look:
ApolloHoax.net: Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 510860 times) - They think that you're a joke! Look:
Quote from: ayUtah
That's Anders Björkman.  He's no engineer.  He's a blowhard conspiracy theorist who goes around pretending to investigate engineering incidents (especially maritime incidents like the Estonia accident) and writing popular books attributing them to conspiracies.  There's no point drooling over the million Euros because he doesn't have it and there's no talking him out of his delusions.  He's about as woo as they come.

His fuel "study" is based on his personal inability to discover the published parameters and his inability to work the rocket equations properly and to understand astrodynamics.  He attributes these, his personal failures, to NASA and claims NASA is hiding things.
And International Skeptics Forum, Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories, 9/11 Conspiracy Theories: Heiwa drummed out of AE911T?
And there's more! CosmoQuestX: [Heiwa's thread]

So you've sought refuge here to sully up the pages of The Flat Earth Society forum - well, it is so entertaining but it's a pity that you never post any credible evidence!

They do make such interesting reading, Mr Anders Björkman!

Heiwa

« Reply #11896 on: March 11, 2020, 08:42:18 AM »

Nobody has won my Challenge because trips to the Moon are impossible.
No! "Nobody has won your Challenge because" because it was a fake challenge right from square one!
Take this SATURN rocket putting a spacecraft in LEO! The spacecraft then leaves LEO to start orbiting the Moon. But how? How to leave LEO and start orbiting the Moon? Using other rocket engines?
Of course, they used rocket engines! Did you think they would row it like a boat ;D! They used the Rocketdyne J-2 engine of the S-IVB stage.

I assume that you have read this: "When over Hawaii for the second time, the S-IVB stage re-ignites to perform the Translunar Injection burn that will send them on their way to the Moon."
From Apollo Flight Journal: Apollo 11 Day 1, part 2: Earth Orbit and Translunar Injection

NASA just produced nonsense science fiction about it.
If you have never even read what NASA wrote on it and can produce no credible evidence of your own that just proves that you are making up fairy-tales to justify your hatred of NASA and all things American.

Well, Anders Björkman, you don't fool anybody! Just look on the Internet and see what others really think of you and your antics!
Here take a look:
ApolloHoax.net: Topic: So, who wants to win 1 million Euro?  (Read 510860 times) - They think that you're a joke! Look:
Quote from: ayUtah
That's Anders Björkman.  He's no engineer.  He's a blowhard conspiracy theorist who goes around pretending to investigate engineering incidents (especially maritime incidents like the Estonia accident) and writing popular books attributing them to conspiracies.  There's no point drooling over the million Euros because he doesn't have it and there's no talking him out of his delusions.  He's about as woo as they come.

His fuel "study" is based on his personal inability to discover the published parameters and his inability to work the rocket equations properly and to understand astrodynamics.  He attributes these, his personal failures, to NASA and claims NASA is hiding things.
And International Skeptics Forum, Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories, 9/11 Conspiracy Theories: Heiwa drummed out of AE911T?
And there's more! CosmoQuestX: [Heiwa's thread]

So you've sought refuge here to sully up the pages of The Flat Earth Society forum - well, it is so entertaining but it's a pity that you never post any credible evidence!

They do make such interesting reading, Mr Anders Björkman!

Not really. They are just losers of my Challenge. They don't understand the difficulties of using a rocket engine to leave LEO and start orbiting the Moon at the right locations and times applying correct force in the right direction and duration, etc, etc. If anything goes wrong, you never reach your target. Look at all NASA info about it. Nothing! It was all automatic!

Yes

« Reply #11897 on: March 11, 2020, 09:34:12 AM »
If anything goes wrong, you never reach your target. Look at all NASA info about it. Nothing! It was all automatic!
huh?   What was all automatic?
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

« Reply #11898 on: March 11, 2020, 01:08:36 PM »
Theb the fe has a schrodingers cat problem where it could be denP, it could be UA, it could be revrese decell.
So many possibilites.
What a wonderfful world.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11899 on: March 11, 2020, 01:39:55 PM »
Not really. They are just losers of my Challenge.
Actually, the real loser of your "challenge" is you because you refuse to learn anything.

Heiwa

« Reply #11900 on: March 11, 2020, 02:02:07 PM »
If anything goes wrong, you never reach your target. Look at all NASA info about it. Nothing! It was all automatic!
The trip to the Moon! The astronuts were just passengers/Hollywood actors. Great show.
Topic is my Challenge. The fuel! The toilet. Food and boz! Hollywood!

Stash

« Reply #11901 on: March 11, 2020, 02:30:32 PM »
The trip to the Moon! The astronuts were just passengers/Hollywood actors. Great show.
Topic is my Challenge. The fuel! The toilet. Food and boz! Hollywood!

Actually the topic is how someone WON your challenge and you refused to pay up.
No. That sudden lurch forwards is the atmospheric slosh effect.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11902 on: March 11, 2020, 02:57:35 PM »

They do, however, make such interesting reading as unscientific fiction, Mr Anders Björkman!

Not really. They are just losers of my Challenge.
So everybody else is wrong except YOU? Do I see a pattern here? Look mama, "Everybody's out of step except our John Heiwa".

Heiwa, you're Herman in this:
As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife's voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there's a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!"
"Hell," said Herman, "It's not just one car. It's hundreds of them!"

They don't understand the difficulties of using a rocket engine to leave LEO and start orbiting the Moon at the right locations and times applying correct force in the right direction and duration, etc, etc. If anything goes wrong, you never reach your target.
No, it is YOU that don't understand anything about space missions, crewed or otherwise.
I simply cannot understand why you haven't learned anything in the last half-century. I guess some people simply haven't the capability of absorbing new information.

Rubbish! As you've told numerous times the Apollo spacecraft were tracked very accurately all the way (except when behind the Moon) and course corrections were applied as necessary!

Here read these again!
You are at high speed going somewhere, etc. Your location, direction, speed, etc. change all the time.
So?
As you've been told dozens of times, there was a world-wide tracking network with precision Doppler radar that could determine velocity, distance and direction.
And the Apollo CM could also determine direction from star sightings.

If you are too late at the wrong location going off in a stupid direction to move on, you fly into eternity.

So NASA made certain that they were not "at the wrong location going off in a stupid direction"!

You've had these things explained over and over again. I must assume have dementia if you've forgotten all that.
Though it's more likely that you don't know these things because you do not want to know them.
If you did know you would have to admit that your silly website is packed full of misinformation and other garbage.
I must assume then that your problem is delusion caused by cognitive dissonance.

Then:
In your pathetic ignorance, you claim that:
Actually, there is no way to navigate in 3D space. Spacecrafts (and ICBMs) can only be put into one-way orbits around Earth ... and that's it.
Either you are outright lying or have dementia and can't remember anything from one month to the next. So, which is it?
  • Are you a liar?
  • Do you have dementia? or
  • Do you have another excuse?
Read this again!
Have you ever heard of inertial guidance?
The IMU was gimbaled on three axes. The innermost part, the stable member (SM), was a 6-inch beryllium cube, with three gyroscopes and three accelerometers mounted in it. Feedback loops used signals from the gyroscopes by way of the resolvers to control motors at each axis. This servo system kept the stable member fixed with respect to inertial space. Signals from the accelerometers were then integrated to keep track of the spacecraft's velocity and position. The IMU was derived from the guidance system developed by Draper for the Polaris missile.

As you've been told numerous times,
there was a world-wide tracking network with precision Doppler radar that could determine velocity, distance and direction. And the Apollo CM could also determine direction from star sightings.

The Inertial Measurement Unit is initialised on the ground and can be corrected for any drift in the gyroscopes from the information gained from tracking system and star sights.

On top of all of this, the spacecraft trajectory is computed on the ground slightly ahead of real-time so that any deviation from the predicted trajectory can be noted and corrected.

Why are you so helpless when it comes to learning this information?

Look at all NASA info about it. Nothing! It was all automatic!
Stop your pathetic lying!
No, It was NOT "all automatic" as you've told numerous times!
Mid-course corrections in both speed and direction were planned for and applied and YOU know it becuse not only have you been told but you could easily read it for yourself!
For example, here's the entries for mid-course corrections on 3 missions:
Flight Journal: Apollo 11 Day 2, part 1: Midcourse Correction
Flight Journal: Apollo 13 Day 2, part 1: Midcourse Correction 2 on TV
Flight Journal: Apollo 17 Day 3, Part 1: Midcourse correction 2

Please change the record, your old lies are getting boring! We need some new lies to get our teeth into!

Heiwa

« Reply #11903 on: March 11, 2020, 09:28:04 PM »
Mid-course corrections in both speed and direction were planned for and applied and YOU know it becuse not only have you been told but you could easily read it for yourself!

Please change the record, your old lies are getting boring! We need some new lies to get our teeth into!
Thanks for the links! Midcourse corrections while slowing down in orbit to the Moon! LOL! Great show! All astronuts asleep at the helm! And no visits to the loo for a shower!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:31:39 PM by Heiwa »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11904 on: March 12, 2020, 03:34:45 AM »

Thanks for the links! Midcourse corrections while slowing down in orbit to the Moon! LOL!
In other words you admit that you can't understand a word of so like any ignoramus you just ridicule! Got that!

Great show! All astronauts asleep at the helm!
And why shouldn't they all sleep? Do you think that they should be on the lookout for space-piracy?

And no visits to the loo for a shower!
Do ever think of anything else but "visits to the loo"?
Maybe you can't think of anything else because of you own problems is that department.
I suggest you visit a urologist to check out your own bladder problem.
As it happens they didn't have a loo or shower.

When a normal person doesn't understand something they research it and learn about it
but when conspiratards suffering from terminal Dunning-Kruger Syndrome, like you, cannot understand something they sit on the sidelines, ridicule and jeer.

It's very significant that you're totally incapable of posting any logical evidence for your stupid claims.

Heiwa

« Reply #11905 on: March 12, 2020, 04:26:06 AM »
And why shouldn't they all sleep? Do you think that they should be on the lookout for space-piracy?

No, topic is safe human space travel which includes everything. Imagine going to planet Mars on a SpaceX cruise without certain facilities. What do you do, when it runs out of toilet paper? You call Elon Must?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11906 on: March 12, 2020, 05:53:57 AM »

No, topic is safe human space travel which includes everything.
NO! This topic is NOT about "safe human space travel"! here look again!

This topic is about how mikeman7918 claims he "won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge" and you welched on the deal!

About a week ago, Heiwa informed me of his €1,000,000 challenge on his website, not the one about proving that the 9/11 incident was done by terrorists but the second one at the bottom of the page about the Apollo missions.  This is it:

The Anders Björkman Challenge 2 is first to calculate using first principles the amount of fuel (or energy) required to complete a manned Moon and/or planet Mars return trip after being ejected into space from Earth towards the Moon and/or planet Mars by external rockets, second to describe the space ship incl. its masses before/after the various maneuvers of the trip, any heat shield(s), if fitted, the engines and fuel tanks that can carry the amount of fuel using 1960 or 2015 technology, the accommodation for the persons aboard and finally to show that it is actually feasable to do the trip. Please do not present dreams and fantasies.
How I won was I showed him a simulator that when paired with a mod can simulate the Apollo missions, and I even offered to check the config files for realism.  As for the reentry part, I drew a diagram that illustrates how reentry capsules control their orientation and trajectory.  I have been presenting all this to Heiwa via PM's and he has not responded in almost a day now after I said "If I'm not mistaken, you owe me some money", so I figured that I might as well mention this on the forum to get the word out and to force him to not make the trademark flat earther move of ignoring my victory.
If YOU want a topic on "safe human space travel" make your own topic and stop derailing this one!

Imagine going to planet Mars on a SpaceX cruise without certain facilities. What do you do, when it runs out of toilet paper? You call Elon Must?
And who suggested "going to planet Mars . . . . . without certain facilities"? Apollo and earlier missions didn't have toilets BUT the "Space Shuttles did have toilets."
As does, of course, the ISS!

As a long-term mission spacecraft, Orion will have a small toilet, probably similar to the vacuum-operated one in the International Space Station. NASA is also studying modifications in space suits that would allow “number 1” and “number 2”.
You seem to think that everybody else is as stupid and ignorant as you are and that is your terminal Dunning-Kruger Syndrome show again!

Heiwa

« Reply #11907 on: March 12, 2020, 08:44:03 AM »
Apollo and earlier missions didn't have toilets BUT the "Space Shuttles did have toilets."
As does, of course, the ISS!

I am happy that you agree that early US spacecrafts didn't have toilets incl. the space Shuttle. They were just Hollywood gadgets.
And the space Station? It has neither WC or a shower. It is just another Hollywood joke. 
That's why there are no winners of my Challenge.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11908 on: March 12, 2020, 09:56:06 AM »
What is the point of your "challenge" if you never believe anything that anyone tells you?

Seriously, it seems that the only person associated with your "challenge" that hasn't leaned anything is you.

Why is that?

Heiwa

« Reply #11909 on: March 12, 2020, 11:39:16 AM »
What is the point of your "challenge" if you never believe anything that anyone tells you?

Seriously, it seems that the only person associated with your "challenge" that hasn't leaned anything is you.

Why is that?
Well, I just organize my popular Challenge for fun. To keep twerps occupied. I learn a lot everyday to keep in shape. But basically I do sports and learn languages every day to keep my body and brain going to become 100+.