I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #11850 on: February 24, 2020, 04:37:26 AM »
I dont think this thread should be shut down, but maybe moved to the Lounge.
Its essentially just become a place where people can talk about rockets with a thin pretense being about some challenge.
I like rockets and technology, so I come here for that.
I've learned for more about physics, astronomy, cosmology, rockets, orbital mechanics and many other things in the 41/2 years that I've been here than in the rest of my life.
There are plenty of "higher level" sites but they tend to be too advanced for an amateur like me.
I do post answers on Quora.com but in many cases I have to hold back and let the "professionals", physicists, astronomers and geodesists, handle the answers.
I did, however, have an interesting "comment conversation" with a professional geodesist in Melbourne about flat Earthers ;D.

This might get over what these professionals think of flat Earthers.

On another site, I'd commented on a post by a professional geodesist (one who studies the detailed shape of the earth) - let's  call him Dr Bill (not this sort of Doctor  C:-)) because that's his name ;).
Dr Bill said that some in his profession join flat-Earth societies as "true believers" just to a certificate that they can frame it and hang it on the office wall.

Dr Bill thinks it a great laugh for a person who knows so much detail about the Earth's shape to have this sort of medallion and plaque on their office wall:

Note that they are for the International Flat Earth Research Society, not this society.

Dr Bill ended up writing, "How I wish ' . . . .  ;D, a flat Earth would make my job so much easier ::)!"

I think your "thin pretence being about some challenge" is a bit of a prompt to research the topic for my benefit more than Heiwa's or anyone else's.

Quote from: MaNaeSWolf
However, I dont think this thread has a point beyond casual conversation, as it has no relevance to the Flat Earth Agenda (not that most of the site has anything to with the Site name as much anyway)
Agreed and I like the FE threads where I can learn something.
One such was HAPPY HOAX ANNIVERSARY!!! (Rockets can't fly in a vacuum), Started by cikljamas when cikljamas was active on it - not that cikljamas, a Geocentric Globe ;D proponent, was active on it.

Heiwa being a jerk to someone who died recently does however show that his ridiculous beliefs has blinded him to what it means to be human.
Heiwa's only use is to ask questions, some of which lead to interesting research such as atmospheric reentry and heat shields.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11851 on: February 24, 2020, 06:02:58 AM »
I've learned for more about physics, astronomy, cosmology, rockets, orbital mechanics and many other things in the 41/2 years that I've been here than in the rest of my life.
There are plenty of "higher level" sites but they tend to be too advanced for an amateur like me.
I do post answers on Quora.com but in many cases I have to hold back and let the "professionals", physicists, astronomers and geodesists, handle the answers.
This is true, I have learnt more about the math of orbital mechanics because of this place than anywhere else.
I actually had an document laid up a while back with the some of the stages of the Apollo Moon missions fuel requirements worked out. But I battled more with getting loading info on a specific mission, because it turns out, every mission was ever so slightly different. Enough so that you cant mix up 2 separate launches.
In the end I realized that Heiwa "Challenge" includes so many things that he added later that you need a small team to calculate everything he wants. But I was nearly done with all the calculations to the surface of the moon.
Then I got busy and probably deleted the file by accident, because I have no idea where it is now.
Was fun though.

I did, however, have an interesting "comment conversation" with a professional geodesist in Melbourne about flat Earthers ;D .

This might get over what these professionals think of flat Earthers.

On another site, I'd commented on a post by a professional geodesist (one who studies the detailed shape of the earth) - let's  call him Dr Bill (not this sort of Doctor  C:-) ) because that's his name ;) .
Dr Bill said that some in his profession join flat-Earth societies as "true believers" just to a certificate that they can frame it and hang it on the office wall.

Dr Bill thinks it a great laugh for a person who knows so much detail about the Earth's shape to have this sort of medallion and plaque on their office wall:

Note that they are for the International Flat Earth Research Society, not this society.

Dr Bill ended up writing, "How I wish ' . . . .  ;D , a flat Earth would make my job so much easier ::) !"

Yeah, I work with surveyors all the time. Quite some time ago I saw a Key map of south Africa that was drawn up in the 60's. South Africa was well surveyed by then already, and you could clearly see how the cartographers had to curve the maps to make things fit. The surveyor had a similar sentiment of his job being easier on a flat earth.

Agreed and I like the FE threads where I can learn something.
One such was HAPPY HOAX ANNIVERSARY!!! (Rockets can't fly in a vacuum), Started by cikljamas when cikljamas was active on it - not that cikljamas, a Geocentric Globe ;D proponent, was active on it.

Heiwa being a jerk to someone who died recently does however show that his ridiculous beliefs has blinded him to what it means to be human.
Heiwa's only use is to ask questions, some of which lead to interesting research such as atmospheric reentry and heat shields.
Its true, you need someone to instigate some interesting questions.
I only wish those questions would be less repetitive.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11852 on: February 24, 2020, 02:08:52 PM »
It's true, you need someone to instigate some interesting questions.
I only wish those questions would be less repetitive.
Is it telling that the more interesting questions have come not from flat Earthers but from a Geocentrist, cikljamas (the creep odiupicku on YouTube) and one who believes the Earth is a rotating Globe, Heiwa (Anders Bjφrkman. M.Sc. Naval Architect and Marine Engineer).
To learn about this "interesting :o character" have a look at Heiwa Co European Agency for Safety at Sea.
My proven facts ??? are simple and correct news and no crazy conspiracy theories.
Atomic bombs do not work. No a-bombs killed >200 000 civilians at Hiroshima/Nagasaki 1945. It was just a bluff to quickly end world war 2.
Human beings cannot travel to the Moon or in space.
In most cases, his "proven facts" are no more than his saying something can't be done with no useful evidence!
Go figure!

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #11853 on: February 27, 2020, 04:19:25 AM »
I dont think this thread should be shut down, but maybe moved to the Lounge.
Its essentially just become a place where people can talk about rockets with a thin pretense being about some challenge.
I like rockets and technology, so I come here for that.
However, I dont think this thread has a point beyond casual conversation, as it has no relevance to the Flat Earth Agenda (not that most of the site has anything to with the Site name as much anyway)

Hm, I think I am pretty human. I did my military service once and then I became a pacifist and disliked people promoting nuclear weapons. I work with safety at sea since >50 years to protect people using ships. It wasn't popular when M/S Estonia sank 1994. And when USA accused Arab terrorists having attacked 911 2001, I had to inform CIA/FBI/NIST etc., that structures do not collapse by gravity from top down! The WTC/NY was simply destroyed by controlled demolition.
I started plenty Challenges about it incl. this one about humans in space. No humans have ever been in space. It is a 100% hoax since the beginning. I cannot understand that there are people believing that humans have been in space and done anything there. There is nothing to do in space.
Don't blame me. I didn't even start this thread.

« Reply #11854 on: February 27, 2020, 08:46:17 AM »
I would say youre more of the type that lives under a bridge and has issue with goats.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11855 on: February 27, 2020, 09:23:26 AM »
Hm, I think I am pretty human. I did my military service once and then I became a pacifist and disliked people promoting nuclear weapons. I work with safety at sea since >50 years to protect people using ships. It wasn't popular when M/S Estonia sank 1994. And when USA accused Arab terrorists having attacked 911 2001, I had to inform CIA/FBI/NIST etc., that structures do not collapse by gravity from top down! The WTC/NY was simply destroyed by controlled demolition.
I started plenty Challenges about it incl. this one about humans in space. No humans have ever been in space. It is a 100% hoax since the beginning. I cannot understand that there are people believing that humans have been in space and done anything there. There is nothing to do in space.
See what I mean, repetitive.

So seeing that this is the random space stuff thread. I have had an enjoyable read from a well know Gerard K. O'Neill
https://physicstoday.scitation.org/doi/pdf/10.1063/1.3128863
Written in 1974, I am sure O'Neill would be disappointing if we saw the little progress we have made on the idea.
If you have a read, let me know what you think?
Even you Heiwa, just come back with a slightly more interesting response this time.

Heiwa

« Reply #11856 on: February 27, 2020, 01:18:26 PM »
See what I mean, repetitive.

So seeing that this is the random space stuff thread. I have had an enjoyable read from a well know Gerard K. O'Neill
https://physicstoday.scitation.org/doi/pdf/10.1063/1.3128863
Written in 1974, I am sure O'Neill would be disappointing if we saw the little progress we have made on the idea.
If you have a read, let me know what you think?
Even you Heiwa, just come back with a slightly more interesting response this time.

There has been no progress with humans in space since 1974 or whatever, as there has been no human in space ever. Just look at all these so called astronuts or cosmoclowns. Boring, worthless nobodies. Losers of my Challenge many times over.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11857 on: February 27, 2020, 01:26:00 PM »
There has been no progress with humans in space since 1974 or whatever, as there has been no human in space ever. Just look at all these so called astronuts or cosmoclowns. Boring, worthless nobodies. Losers of my Challenge many times over.
Actually, the 7 flown space tourists were all better known and much more successful than you.  Then again, they had to be successful just to be able to afford the price of the tickets.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Yes

« Reply #11858 on: February 27, 2020, 01:26:34 PM »
Hang in there, Heiwa.  If you eat healthy and keep up with light exercise, you could live long enough to see mainstream space tourism!  It won't be affordable for most people at first, but rich innovators like yourself should be able to cut to the front of the line. :)
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Heiwa

« Reply #11859 on: February 28, 2020, 04:50:48 AM »
I would say youre more of the type that lives under a bridge and has issue with goats.
I read what you say but I live in luxury with a view of the sea from a sunny terrace sipping champagne.

« Reply #11860 on: February 28, 2020, 05:32:29 AM »
Good for you.
And space travel doesnt exist.
Gotcha.

Heiwa

« Reply #11861 on: February 29, 2020, 07:07:16 AM »
Good for you.
Gotcha.
Well, I just think (and publish) that human space travel is a hoax. And I pay anyone €1M proving that I am wrong.
Nobody has collected the money, so it seems I am right.
Anyway, at my sunny, comfortable place it is legal to think as you like. I always feel sorry for people not having that right.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11862 on: March 06, 2020, 01:21:01 AM »
So It looks like SpaceX will be gearing up to mass produce their starship to a quantity of around 1 a week

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/03/inside-elon-musks-plan-to-build-one-starship-a-week-and-settle-mars/

I wonder how the likes of Heiwa will respond when there are weekly launch and landings happening?
Also, how many people need to be in space to put the final nail in the coffin in the whole Flat Earth Debate?

Heiwa, how about you stop with you impossible challenges with their constant moving targets, and instead propose a bet that People will not be flying in space by the droves before the end of this decade.

We have 3 tourists flying to the ISS next year, and I think by 2025 will have maybe more than a hundred space tourists. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/05/spacex-axiom-deal-to-fly-three-space-tourists-to-iss-in-late-2021.html
Hey, here is another great idea. If you are as loaded as you say you are, why dont you contact Axiom and ask for a flight, see the ISS yourself.
Here is their contact page for you https://www.axiomspace.com/overview-and-team

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11863 on: March 06, 2020, 02:07:27 AM »
Good for you.
Gotcha.
Well, I just think (and publish) that human space travel is a hoax.
So, you in your ignorance you "think (and publish) that human space travel is a hoax" but you have never been able to logically explain why it should be a hoax.

And you've never come close to proving your case here - not ever!

Funny that!

Here's some entertainment for you:

Heat Shields - Things Kerbal Space Program Doesn't Teach by Scott Manley

And both the SpaceX Crew Dragon and the Boeing CST-100 Starliner have re-entering successfully!

SpaceX Crew Dragon Returns from Space Station
                                                           NASA Video

Starliner landing by SciNews
Enjoy :D!

Yes

« Reply #11864 on: March 06, 2020, 05:17:42 AM »
I wonder how the likes of Heiwa will respond when there are weekly launch and landings happening?
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Heiwa

« Reply #11865 on: March 06, 2020, 11:21:31 AM »
Well, I have to repeat. Human space travel is impossible. First humans have nothing to do in space. There is nothing there to look at, that cannot be studied from Earth. Second, you cannot re-enter and land on Earth afterwards to tell MSM about it.
That's why my Challenge cannot be won ... my €1m is safe with me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11866 on: March 06, 2020, 12:52:47 PM »
Well, I have to repeat. Human space travel is impossible.
Incorrect!

Quote from: Heiwa
First humans have nothing to do in space. There is nothing there to look at, that cannot be studied from Earth.
Incorrect and irrelevant!

Second, you cannot re-enter and land on Earth afterwards to tell MSM about it.
Incorrect!
565 have been to space and returned which includes:
       3 people completed a sub-orbital flight,
   562 people reached Earth orbit,
     24 traveled beyond low Earth orbit and
     12 walked on the Moon.
And Main Stream Media knows all about - try reading sometimes starting with:

That's why my Challenge cannot be won ... my €1m is safe with me.
Now that is the real

Heiwa

« Reply #11867 on: March 06, 2020, 08:52:40 PM »
Incorrect!
     12 walked on the Moon.
Well, with so many astronuts and cosmosclowns it should be easy to win my Challenge (topic).
But let's face it. There are plenty people who have met Jesus, etc.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11868 on: March 06, 2020, 10:15:19 PM »
Incorrect!
     12 walked on the Moon.

Well, with so many astronuts and cosmosclowns it should be easy to win my Challenge (topic).
Well, you go and ask them you live far closer to the centre of action than I do.
But I'd suggest that you don't call them astronuts or cosmosclowns or you might get put in you place, like lain flat quicksmart.
I suspect that those astronauts and cosmonauts might be far fitter than an ignorant clown like you!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11869 on: March 07, 2020, 01:04:34 AM »
Incorrect!
     12 walked on the Moon.

Well, you go and ask them you live far closer to the centre of action than I do.
But I'd suggest that you don't call them astronuts or cosmosclowns or you might get put in you place, like lain flat quicksmart.
I suspect that those astronauts and cosmonauts might be far fitter than an ignorant clown like you!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spaceflight-related_accidents_and_incidents

You can also post information relating to reported accidents, incidents and fatalities rab. I know it hurts your argument and propaganda you are trying to do here but it is far more respectful to argue from a point of neutrality than looking like a shill

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11870 on: March 07, 2020, 01:38:52 AM »
Incorrect!
     12 walked on the Moon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_spaceflight-related_accidents_and_incidents
That has no relevance to the numbers that I quoted!

Quote from: Shifter
You can also post information relating to reported accidents, incidents and fatalities rab.
Why would I when it has no bearing on those quoted numbers?

Heiwa stated categorically that "you cannot re-enter and land on Earth afterwards to tell MSM about it" and I was simply showing that, as usual, he was wrong.

Heiwa

« Reply #11871 on: March 07, 2020, 05:45:37 PM »

Heiwa stated categorically that "you cannot re-enter and land on Earth afterwards to tell MSM about it" and I was simply showing that, as usual, he was wrong.

Well, as nobody has won my Challenge (topic) I am sure that all human space travel is a stupid hoax.
Why on Earth should anyone fly up into space and then return? Better to remain on Earth and enjoy life there.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11872 on: March 07, 2020, 06:31:39 PM »

Well, as nobody has won my Challenge (topic) I am sure that all human space travel is a stupid hoax.
Those who could prove that atmospheric reentry is possible and is performed every few months don't know and couldn't less about you stupid fake challenge.

Nobody on this forum could prove such a thing and you have never proved nor even given credible evidence that atmospheric reentry is not possible.

Why on Earth should anyone fly up into space and then return? Better to remain on Earth and enjoy life there.
That is totally irrelevant to whether atmospheric reentry is possible and YOU know it - nobody is asking you to go into space!
But if old sailors had thought as you do the Globe would never have been explored nor mapped.
The North and South Poles would never have been visited and much of what we know about the Earth would still remain hidden.

But if it keeps an old man happy in his dying years carry on with your delusions and remain "sure that all human space travel is a stupid hoax".

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11873 on: March 07, 2020, 07:00:18 PM »

No one has won your "challenge" because you refuse to accept that human space travel is real, regardless of the evidence presented.

Why would anyone want to go out to sea?  Better to stay at home and enjoy life there.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11874 on: March 08, 2020, 12:23:23 AM »
Why would anyone want to go out to sea?  Better to stay at home and enjoy life there.

The people currently stranded on cruise ships over the virus fears are probably thinking the same thing

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Heiwa

« Reply #11875 on: March 09, 2020, 06:29:21 AM »
Topic is my Challenge about space travel. Reason why there is no winner is simple! Space travel is not possible.
Of course space travel is possible.  Convincing you that manned space travel is possible is what's not possible.
It is much simpler. To win/collect €1M of my Challenge (post #1) you have to tell me how much fuel is required to fly to Moon/Mars.
If you cannot do it, evidently space travel is not possible.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11876 on: March 09, 2020, 09:13:10 AM »
Topic is my Challenge about space travel. Reason why there is no winner is simple! Space travel is not possible.
Of course space travel is possible.  Convincing you that manned space travel is possible is what's not possible.
It is much simpler. To win/collect €1M of my Challenge (post #1) you have to tell me how much fuel is required to fly to Moon/Mars.

The problem with chemical fuel is the law of diminishing returns. There comes a point where you take fuel, to carry the fuel. Our current fuel technology is too inefficient. One day we will master matter/antimatter tech. The cost will be cheaper and we can use that to get us to suicide on Mars

Fuel is only one challenge. Space travel is kind of dumb if you cant land back on a planet without disintegrating on re-entry. They also need to solve WTF people will do about pissing and shitting. There's no toilet paper shops in space!!  :o

Know your place

Yes

« Reply #11877 on: March 09, 2020, 09:14:28 AM »
There's no toilet paper shops in space yet.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11878 on: March 09, 2020, 10:27:52 AM »
I can't tell you how much fuel is required to sail an oil tanker from Saudi Arabia to Japan.  Does that mean that ocean travel is not possible?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11879 on: March 09, 2020, 10:41:13 AM »
The problem with chemical fuel is the law of diminishing returns. There comes a point where you take fuel, to carry the fuel. Our current fuel technology is too inefficient.
I agree that chemical rockets are terribly inefficient.  Around 85-90% or more of the total mass needs to be fuel.  However, you'd be surprised what you can do with big rockets with small payloads.

One day we will master matter/antimatter tech. The cost will be cheaper and we can use that to get us to suicide on Mars
Actually, the plan is to use the available resources on Mars to make methane for the return trip.

Fuel is only one challenge. Space travel is kind of dumb if you cant land back on a planet without disintegrating on re-entry.
Then it's a good thing that they figured out reentry around 60 years ago.

They also need to solve WTF people will do about pissing and shitting. There's no toilet paper shops in space!!  :o
I'd me more concerned about eating, drinking and breathing.  Space toilets have been a thing since the Space Shuttle, but there's only so many supplies that you can take on extended duration missions.  They're going to have to figure out how to be self sufficient for pretty much everything.