I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #11820 on: February 21, 2020, 05:01:27 AM »
Both Heiwa and flat-Earthers would be too scared of having their beliefs shattered - their whole "Worldview" destroyed.
Hm, I am not a flat-Earther.
I didn't say that you were! No wonder you cannot understand human space-travel - you can't even read.

I tried to read a bit of your "debunking" of atmospheric re-entry and it's so full of incorrect trash that it's obvious that you don't know what your are talking about.
Well, just copy/paste what you consider trash and I will have a look.
Where would I start? Virtually all of The Human Space Travel Hoaxes 1959-2020 is totally fabricated crap by a deluded old man who is too ignorant to be able to learn how it was done.

Then you claim utter rubbish like this:
A reentry is a spacecraft with humans or stardust coming from space and landing on Earth (or on Mars). It is physically impossible.
But you totally fail at demonstrating that "It is physically impossible."! You just ridicule everything without presenting reasons!

These just so much total rubbish that it would take ages to unravel it all and then you'd ignore it anyway so why bother.

But you do say:
Delta-v = ve ln (m0/m1)
    ESAmple 1 - you want to slow down a 6.000 kg (m0) three parts Soyuz module entering the atmosphere backwards at a almost horisontal speed of 8.000 m/s (no influence of gravity). You have only, say 2.000 kg of fuel aboard and it is ejected at a velocity ve of, say 2.800 m/s. m1 = 4.000 kg. Delta-v is only 1.135 m/s! After burning all fuel your speed will be 6.865 m/s - still flying backwards.

But this is irrelevant tripe because in an atmospheric reentry braking to sub-sonic speeds is by atmospheric drag NOT rocket thrust!
Landing on the Moon with no atmosphere does need a powered descent but landing on earth means that can be avoided. Have you read this yet? 4.1.7 Returning from Space (PDF).

Then you say:
To return to Earth the Shuttle must evidently slow down a lot after undocking. Or speed up? How can it be done?
No, "the Shuttle" does NOT need to "slow down a lot after undocking" to start the reentry.
For the ISS at 280 km with an orbital speed of 7737 m/s needs a de-orbit burn Delta-V of only about 47 m/s to bring it down to 120 km.
And at 460 km with an orbital speed of 7635 m/s needs a de-orbit burn Delta-V of only about 98 m/s to bring it down to 120 km.
Hence little propellant is needed and the Space Shuttle used the OMS engines for this.
Quote from: NASA: Human Space Flight
Orbital Maneuvering Systems
Overview
         Provides thrust for orbit insertion, orbit circularization, orbit transfer, rendezvous and deorbit.
On reaching the perigee in half an orbital period the Shuttle starts atmospheric braking.
That perigee altitude can be adjusted to control the reentry angle.

I may or may not waste more time on this but who cares? You won't take the slightest bit of notice!

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #11821 on: February 21, 2020, 08:22:38 PM »
To return to Earth the Shuttle must evidently slow down a lot after undocking. Or speed up? How can it be done?
No, "the Shuttle" does NOT need to "slow down a lot after undocking" to start the reentry.
For the ISS at 280 km with an orbital speed of 7737 m/s needs a de-orbit burn Delta-V of only about 47 m/s to bring it down to 120 km.
And at 460 km with an orbital speed of 7635 m/s needs a de-orbit burn Delta-V of only about 98 m/s to bring it down to 120 km.
Hence little propellant is needed and the Space Shuttle used the OMS engines for this.
Quote from: NASA: Human Space Flight
Orbital Maneuvering Systems
Overview
         Provides thrust for orbit insertion, orbit circularization, orbit transfer, rendezvous and deorbit.
On reaching the perigee in half an orbital period the Shuttle starts atmospheric braking.
That perigee altitude can be adjusted to control the reentry angle.

I may or may not waste more time on this but who cares? You won't take the slightest bit of notice!
Well, if your spacecraft orbits Earth at 7 635 m/s leaving the ISS at 450 000 m altitude it needs a lot braking to start re-entry at 120 000 m/altitude. Coming back from the Moon you velocity at 120 000 m altitude is >11 000 m/s when starting re-entry ... and it is pretty fast. As soon as you contact the Earth atmosphere, you start to heat up and ... burn up. There is nothing left of you.
It is one reason why nobody wins my Challenge.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11822 on: February 21, 2020, 09:38:56 PM »
Well, if your spacecraft orbits Earth at 7 635 m/s leaving the ISS at 450 000 m altitude it needs a lot braking to start re-entry at 120 000 m/altitude.
No.  You only need to change the shape of your orbit from circular to elliptical where the low point (perigee) is within the atmosphere.  Drag will take care of the rest.

Coming back from the Moon you velocity at 120 000 m altitude is >11 000 m/s when starting re-entry ... and it is pretty fast. As soon as you contact the Earth atmosphere, you start to heat up and ... burn up. There is nothing left of you.
Not if you have a properly designed heat shield and reentry plan.

It is one reason why nobody wins my Challenge.
No, it isn't.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11823 on: February 21, 2020, 11:05:16 PM »
Well, if your spacecraft orbits Earth at 7 635 m/s leaving the ISS at 450 000 m altitude it needs a lot braking to start re-entry at 120 000 m/altitude.
It won't come into it here but no unpowered satellite can orbit fro more than a fraction of an orbit below 180 km - the air resistance at orbital speed is too high,

I see that you haven't bothered to read even this Returning from Space: Re-entry

Suppose the spacecraft is orbiting at an altitude of 450 km with an orbital velocity of 7640 m/s and the reentry altitude is at an altitude of 120 km with the required entry angle.

All that needs be done is to reduce the velocity enough to enter an elliptical orbit (another Hohmann transfer orbit) with the perigee enough below that 120 km to get the right entry angle.
I'm not going to attempt to calculate exactly what that perigee need be - I'll "guess" and put that perigee at 80 km.

The velocity needs to be reduced by only 107 m/s to 7533 m/s a the apogee for a perigee of 80 km.
If there were no air drag, after half an orbit, in 45 minutes the spacecraft would be down to the 80 km and travelling at 7965 m/s but air drag starts before then.

Sometime before reaching the reentry interface any unwanted fuel and modules not needed (eg the Soyuz equipment module) are disposed of to burn un on there own.

But the point is it takes very little reduction in velocity to start the deorbit manoeuvre.

This is not an ideal diagram but it might illustrate this process:
Not that the spacecraft is orbiting clockwise in it.

The "landing burn" would only be needed if the atmosphere were not dense enough for a complete atmospheric reentry (eg on the Moon, minor planets, asteroids and possibly on Mars). On Earth an atmospheric reentry can slow the craft to where parachutes can be deployed - this is even done on Mars with two stage parachutes.

Quote from: Heiwa
Coming back from the Moon you velocity at 120 000 m altitude is >11 000 m/s when starting re-entry ... and it is pretty fast.
Sure, you are travelling very fast!

As soon as you contact the Earth atmosphere, you start to heat up and ... burn up.
Sure, you start to heat up!
But a properly designed and oriented heat shield will cause most of the kinetic energy to be expended in heating the air to plasma temperatures and not the reentering module.

There is nothing left of you.
Incorrect! You simply say these things with no evidence to back your claim - present the evidence or run away!
If you have a "properly designed and oriented heat shield" most of the energy ends up heating the atmosphere.

But there have been a number of reentry mishaps - including this: Soyuz Hard Landing: Equipment Module Failed to Separate – Official
And an earlier more serious explosive bolt problem (simulated as Russia did not release much):

Soyuz 4 & 5 - Docking, Spacewalks and Nearly Burning Up In The Atmosphere by Scott Manley

Heiwa

« Reply #11824 on: February 22, 2020, 03:30:43 AM »
As soon as you contact the Earth atmosphere, you start to heat up and ... burn up.
But a properly designed and oriented heat shield will cause most of the kinetic energy to be expended in heating the air to plasma temperatures and not the reentering module.

Incorrect! You simply say these things with no evidence to back your claim - present the evidence or run away!
If you have a "properly designed and oriented heat shield" most of the energy ends up heating the atmosphere.

According my information any "heat shield" just heats up and is ripped apart in contact with the atmosphere. It means that the spacecraft also is destroyed.
To win my Challenge you have to have a robust heat shield.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11825 on: February 22, 2020, 04:01:01 AM »

According my information any "heat shield" just heats up and is ripped apart in contact with the atmosphere. It means that the spacecraft also is destroyed.
Please post the source of your information just so that we can check that is didn't come from the posterior of a male bos taurus or was dreamed up after dining on Psilocybe cubensis.

Heiwa

« Reply #11826 on: February 22, 2020, 09:52:26 AM »

Please post the source of your information just so that we can check that is didn't come from the posterior of a male bos taurus or was dreamed up after dining on Psilocybe cubensis.
Easy, I have contacted known 'heat shield' builders about delivery, price and guarantee that it works but ... no offers received. It seems all info about such 'heat shields' are military secrets due to US national security and US anti-terrorism reasons.
Pls help me to find a good 'heat shield' manufacturer and we can discuss.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11827 on: February 22, 2020, 01:05:20 PM »

Easy, I have contacted known 'heat shield' builders about delivery, price and guarantee that it works but ... no offers received.
Which "known 'heat shield' builders" did you contact? But even if you did contact how they responded might depend on whether they thought you to be seriously in the market for heat shield.

If they spent a few minutes on the internet they would soon know that your reputation and keep clear.
      CosmoQuestX: Forum, The Proving Grounds, Against the Mainstream' [Heiwa's thread]
      International Skeptics Forum » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories » Heiwa drummed out of AE911T?
      The Unique World of Anders Bjorkman (Heiwa)
      KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM: Science & Spaceflight, The Heiwa Challenge 2
      The Human and Robot Space Travel Hoaxes 1957

Any sensible business would see any of the above and decide that the safest thing to do is ignore the request!

It seems all info about such 'heat shields' are military secrets due to US national security and US anti-terrorism reasons.
Rubbish!
The only 'heat shields' that might be "military secrets due to US national security and US anti-terrorism" would be those fro ICBMs etc and I'm certain any nation capable of building an ICBM would have no problem designing suitable heat shields.

Pls help me to find a good 'heat shield' manufacturer and we can discuss.
In other words, you are making up more fairy stories.

Now quote your sources for your claim that "any 'heat shield' just heats up and is ripped apart in contact with the atmosphere" without any more fabricated crap.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11828 on: February 22, 2020, 01:22:41 PM »
Easy, I have contacted known 'heat shield' builders about delivery, price and guarantee that it works but ... no offers received.
Did you provide detailed specifications of your reentry vehicle and reentry procedures so that they could recommend the best heat shield product for your needs?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11829 on: February 22, 2020, 07:06:37 PM »
heiwa,
Your foil cap is also a heat shield.

Heiwa

« Reply #11830 on: February 22, 2020, 10:39:38 PM »
Did you provide detailed specifications of your reentry vehicle and reentry procedures so that they could recommend the best heat shield product for your needs?
Of course.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #11831 on: February 22, 2020, 11:31:26 PM »
Of course.

What were the specifications you sent and to whom?

Heiwa

« Reply #11832 on: February 23, 2020, 02:14:11 AM »
Topic is my Challenge about space travel. Reason why there is no winner is simple! Space travel is not possible.
Of course space travel is possible.  Convincing you that manned space travel is possible is what's not possible.
OK, win my Challenge and prove it! Be a man!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11833 on: February 23, 2020, 03:02:39 AM »
Topic is my Challenge about space travel. Reason why there is no winner is simple! Space travel is not possible.
Of course space travel is possible.  Convincing you that manned space travel is possible is what's not possible.
OK, win my Challenge and prove it! Be a man!

Heiwa

« Reply #11834 on: February 23, 2020, 03:52:22 AM »
Of course.

Simple - the 'heat shield' should protect my spacecraft dropping down from the Moon through Earth atmosphere at speed 11 000 m/s, so it doesn't melt, before I open a parachute at 50 m/s speed for a soft laning. I asked the usual NASA, SpaceX manufacturers.
No replies!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 08:08:18 AM by Heiwa »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11835 on: February 23, 2020, 04:16:33 AM »
Simple - the shield should protect my spacecraft dropping down from the Moon through Earth atmosphere at speed 11 000 m/s, so it doesn't melt before a open the parachute at 50 m/s speed. I asked the usual NASA, SpaceX manufacturers.
No replies!
As I said before, one look at your credentials and they wouldn't touch your request with a barge-pole!

But who, may I ask, were the manufacturers of the heat shields used on by NASA and SpaceX?

And if you simply said "the shield should protect your spacecraft dropping down from the Moon through Earth atmosphere at speed 11 000 m/s" they would instantly know that you didn't know what you were talking about.

Heiwa

« Reply #11836 on: February 23, 2020, 08:15:53 AM »
Simple - the shield should protect my spacecraft dropping down from the Moon through Earth atmosphere at speed 11 000 m/s, so it doesn't melt before a open the parachute at 50 m/s speed. I asked the usual NASA, SpaceX manufacturers.
No replies!
As I said before, one look at your credentials and they wouldn't touch your request with a barge-pole!

But who, may I ask, were the manufacturers of the heat shields used on by NASA and SpaceX?

And if you simply said "the shield should protect your spacecraft dropping down from the Moon through Earth atmosphere at speed 11 000 m/s" they would instantly know that you didn't know what you were talking about.
??? Only way to go from the Moon to the Earth is to take off from the Moon and then, when free of Moon gravity, drop down back on Earth due to Earth gravity NASA/Apollo style 1969/72. A heat shield then protected the Apollo spacecraft through the atmosphere on the last bit and also acted as a brake (!!!) before a parachute was used for a soft landing.

There is no other way! NASA and SpaceX apparently make their own heat shields, so I asked them.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11837 on: February 23, 2020, 08:29:21 AM »
Of course.

Simple - the 'heat shield' should protect my spacecraft dropping down from the Moon through Earth atmosphere at speed 11 000 m/s, so it doesn't melt, before I open a parachute at 50 m/s speed for a soft laning. I asked the usual NASA, SpaceX manufacturers.
No replies!
Hmmm...  It seems that we have different ideas of what "detailed specifications" and "reentry procedures" mean.

?

frenat

« Reply #11838 on: February 23, 2020, 08:29:35 AM »
NASA and SpaceX apparently make their own heat shields, so I asked them.
then you prove only that your ability to research sucks, as usual. NASA contracts out nearly everything. But nobody believes you asked anybody anyway. More LIES from Heiwa.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11839 on: February 23, 2020, 01:09:38 PM »
No replies!

??? Only way to go from the Moon to the Earth is to take off from the Moon and then, when free of Moon gravity, drop down back on Earth due to Earth gravity NASA/Apollo style 1969/72.
The Apollo Spacecraft did not "drop down back on Earth" but returned from the Moon on a transfer orbit.
This might indicate the trajectories (You can click this and see the full-sized image):

And here is the reentry and landing phase. You could hardly call that "dropping down back on Earth due to Earth gravity" (again click image to enlarge it - twice for maximum size).

A heat shield then protected the Apollo spacecraft through the atmosphere on the last bit and also acted as a brake (!!!) before a parachute was used for a soft landing.

There is no other way!
Well, there is a powered landing as on the moon but they saved the fuel by using an atmospheric reentry.

NASA and SpaceX apparently make their own heat shields, so I asked them.
No, NASA did not make the heat shields for either the Apollo or the Orion command modules.

If you had made such requests you would have known that the didn't so frankly I do not believe you.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #11840 on: February 23, 2020, 03:51:01 PM »
Can this thread be locked now that heiwa has proven to be an absolute piece of shit.

Yes we have known he is a disgusting pathetic liar who has nothing and done nothing... But this is the internet, plenty of people like that unfortunately... His last most recent comments show how over the line disgusting he is.

This thread has already proven how much of a lie it is.

Heiwa doesn't have the money, the challenge is real and he is a pathetic joke. Threads have ended for much much less.

So stop giving this pile of garbage ANYTHING he deserves NOTHING! Especially a thread that is stickied. Mods, do your job for this site
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11841 on: February 23, 2020, 04:00:19 PM »
It is not mandatory to click this thread.
Exercise some self control.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #11842 on: February 23, 2020, 04:15:18 PM »

I rarely come here. I know YOU would not care about this issue, completely expected

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11843 on: February 23, 2020, 04:18:17 PM »

I rarely come here. I know YOU would not care about this issue, completely expected

I was a regular in the past.   ;)

Bom Tishop

« Reply #11844 on: February 23, 2020, 04:29:24 PM »

Has nothing to do with being frequent

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11845 on: February 23, 2020, 04:42:01 PM »

Has nothing to do with being frequent

Well I don't feel like guessing what you think it has to do with.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11846 on: February 23, 2020, 05:19:50 PM »
Can this thread be locked now that heiwa has proven to be an absolute piece of shit.
Or, at the very least. unsticky it so that it has a chance to die on its own.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #11847 on: February 23, 2020, 06:57:37 PM »
Or, at the very least. unsticky it so that it has a chance to die on its own.

Agreed...it died many times until heiwa's dumb ass brought it back up, assuming his french bread was getting mold on it again.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11848 on: February 23, 2020, 09:03:17 PM »
I've stuck up for Heiwa plenty of times but his last comment showed just how absolutely removed from the human race he is. Humans are supposed to have compassion and empathy. There's trolling like the continued existence of this thread talking nonsense, and then there is being an absolute piece of shit gutter trash TROLL which he demonstrated.

It was funny when he contained himself to basically this thread. Now, like a cancer he is branching out and infecting other threads.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11849 on: February 24, 2020, 03:47:09 AM »
I dont think this thread should be shut down, but maybe moved to the Lounge.
Its essentially just become a place where people can talk about rockets with a thin pretense being about some challenge.
I like rockets and technology, so I come here for that.
However, I dont think this thread has a point beyond casual conversation, as it has no relevance to the Flat Earth Agenda (not that most of the site has anything to with the Site name as much anyway)

Heiwa being a jerk to someone who died recently does however show that his ridiculous beliefs has blinded him to what it means to be human.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat