I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 12394 Replies

Shifter

• ASI
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #11700 on: February 11, 2020, 02:42:43 PM »

It still, however, botches up translations between very different types of language

It can't make heads or tails of grammar structure

Different languages have different structures between subject, object and verb

And then what does it do when a same word has a different meaning depending on the context? Especially if the word is isolated and requires the person hearing it to 'see' the context. Or listen carefully to the tone as that can make the difference.

We are a fair way off of doing anything more than rudimentary translations of simple words or phrases.

Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11701 on: February 11, 2020, 03:21:41 PM »

It still, however, botches up translations between very different types of language

It can't make heads or tails of grammar structure

And then what does it do when a same word has a different meaning depending on the context? Especially if the word is isolated and requires the person hearing it to 'see' the context. Or listen carefully to the tone as that can make the difference.

We are a fair way off of doing anything more than rudimentary translations of simple words or phrases.

Some example of your text:
Into Chinese:

它不能使語法結構的正面或反面

不同的語言在主語,賓語和動詞之間具有不同的結構

然後,當一個單詞根據上下文具有不同的含義時,該怎麼辦? 特別是如果單詞是孤立的,並且要求聽到它的人“看到”上下文。 或仔細聽音調可以有所作為。

除了簡單單詞或短語的基本翻譯之外,我們是一種公平的方法。
Then into Arabic:

لا يمكن أن يجعل الجزء الأمامي أو الخلفي من التركيب النحوي

لغات مختلفة لها هياكل مختلفة بين الموضوع ، الكائن والفعل

ثم ، ماذا يحدث عندما يكون للكلمة معنى مختلف حسب السياق؟ خاصةً إذا كانت الكلمة معزولة وتطلب من الشخص الذي يسمعها "رؤية" السياق. أو الاستماع بعناية إلى لهجة يمكن أن تحدث فرقا.

وراء الترجمة الأساسية للكلمات أو العبارات البسيطة ، نحن طريقة عادلة.
And back into English:

The front or back part can not be made of grammatical structure

Then, what happens when the word has a different meaning depending on the context? Especially if the word is isolated and asks the person who hears it to "see" the context. Or listen carefully to the tone can make a difference.

Beyond the basic translation of simple words or phrases, we are fair way.
And similarly from English to Spanish to German and back to English:

Cannot form faces or tails with a grammatical structure

Different languages have different structures between subject, object and verb.

And what does it do if the same word has a different meaning depending on the context? Especially when the word is isolated and requires that the person hearing it "see" the context. Or listen carefully to the sound as this can make a difference.

We are far from doing rudimentary translations of simple words or phrases.

The wording is not the same and it would be unsuitable for any final publication - Google translate useful in getting a godd idea of what is meant.
The trouble is that some of the things you raise would be almost impossible for a human translator too as we can see in translations from, say, Hebrew to English.
For old languages much is dependent on what was common knowledge at the time but no longer well known.
The old astrologers (eg the Magi) used terms like heliacal rising or a planet standing still which might not mean much to many today.

But, whatever, let's hope someone can save us from control by AI (AKA Big Brother) - we don't want Amazon ruling the world.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11702 on: February 11, 2020, 04:34:54 PM »
https://www.boredpanda.com/robot-vacuum-cleaner-spreads-dog-shit-everywhere/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Intelligence huh?

Would a human run a vacuum cleaner over dog poo? Then smear said poo all over the house?
That depends, is the human blind?  Roombas don't have the necessary sensors to be able to figure out what dog poo is.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #11703 on: February 11, 2020, 08:19:21 PM »
https://www.boredpanda.com/robot-vacuum-cleaner-spreads-dog-shit-everywhere/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Intelligence huh?

Would a human run a vacuum cleaner over dog poo? Then smear said poo all over the house?
That depends, is the human blind?  Roombas don't have the necessary sensors to be able to figure out what dog poo is.
I agree. And robots do not produce any human poo. One part of the Challenge (topic) is to explain how to handle the human poo in space and NASA has one solution, which, if used, will not win my Challenge.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11704 on: February 11, 2020, 08:50:47 PM »
NASA has one solution, which, if used, will not win my Challenge.
How do you manage to maintain your permanent state of abysmal ignorance? That's quite an achievement!

No, NASA did not have only one solution and Russia played a big part too.
Have a look at this:

Shuttle's Toilet Requires Special Training

Then for the ISS:
Space toilet
International Space Station

There are two toilets on the International Space Station, located in the Zvezda and Tranquility modules.[4] They use a fan-driven suction system similar to the Space Shuttle WCS. Liquid waste is collected in 20-litre (5.3 US gal) containers. Solid waste is collected in individual micro-perforated bags which are stored in an aluminum container.[5] Full containers are transferred to Progress for disposal. An additional Waste and Hygiene Compartment is part of the Tranquility module launched in 2010. In 2007, NASA purchased a Russian-made toilet similar to the one already aboard ISS rather than develop one internally.[6]

In Space Everyone Can Hear You Poop

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11705 on: February 11, 2020, 09:42:25 PM »
Roombas don't have the necessary sensors to be able to figure out what dog poo is.
Yet.

poop fascinates me
Again with the poop.

Imagine this,
- a vacuum is created (easy in space, does not need to be a hard vacuum)
- A bag is placed between your bunghole and the vacuum
- shit (literally this time) tends to flow from high pressure to low pressure
- poop gets caught up in bag
- wash hands
- high five yourself

Or you can read what rab said.

But because you have severe mental cognitive bias, you probably cant get past the word poop.

Heiwa

« Reply #11706 on: February 12, 2020, 04:31:04 AM »
Roombas don't have the necessary sensors to be able to figure out what dog poo is.
Yet.

poop fascinates me
Again with the poop.

Imagine this,
- a vacuum is created (easy in space, does not need to be a hard vacuum)
- A bag is placed between your bunghole and the vacuum
- shit (literally this time) tends to flow from high pressure to low pressure
- poop gets caught up in bag
- wash hands
- high five yourself

But because you have severe mental cognitive bias, you probably cant get past the word poop.
No, I still wonder if you have to flush a non-gravity space toilet and how to clean it after use. I have a Japanese toilet that also cleans and dries your complete bottom by pushing a button but I don't think it works in space.
Anyway. What about non gravity showers! I haven't seen any NASA videos about them. Is the showering asstronut inside a shower bag floating around connected to some pump that drains the bag?

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • Thread Janitor
« Reply #11707 on: February 12, 2020, 05:00:50 AM »

Anyway. What about non gravity showers!

Or the diving board at the space pool!

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11708 on: February 12, 2020, 05:20:49 AM »
No, I still wonder if you have to flush a non-gravity space toilet and how to clean it after use. I have a Japanese toilet that also cleans and dries your complete bottom by pushing a button but I don't think it works in space.
Anyway. What about non gravity showers! I haven't seen any NASA videos about them. Is the showering asstronut inside a shower bag floating around connected to some pump that drains the bag?
I think your purposely being an idiot at this point.

"Do ships have wheels at the bottom? If not how do they move forward?"

No, Heiwa, they probably dont flush with water. . . . why would they. Read what people have posted already.

And there are no showers, they wash with wash cloths.
Free floating water can be a hazard in a space craft.

But you could have figured that out yourself. Or maybe watched a youtube video.

Are you going to watch the SpaceX launch of the Dragon in May, or are you going to ignore that and pretend it never happened?

Yes

« Reply #11709 on: February 12, 2020, 05:31:01 AM »
Speaking of AI and grammar, here's a little something to entertain all:  https://talktotransformer.com/
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11710 on: February 12, 2020, 05:40:54 AM »
Speaking of AI and grammar, here's a little something to entertain all:  https://talktotransformer.com/

"The flat earth society  - aka '9,000 BCE' and the moon - home planet  - and why the earth is not flat to mention why there is no moon
Goodwin's sea monsters & Dendroids : Darwinist studies that have found and even created 'misplaced' creatures which appeared on the sea bed, allegedly beyond the 'conceptual limits' of the 'hard-wired' mind.
The  Wonder Woman 'star'
The Epic of Gilgamesh (Also The Epic of Tiamat) - have you seen this story? There is a method to the madness of everything
Kaleidoscope - the way we see the world is in fact due to a planetary alignment from when we were born up to the last month"

I think it's ready to start posting in these forums now

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11711 on: February 12, 2020, 06:30:15 AM »
Anyway. What about non gravity showers!
Do you mean like the one they used on Skylab?

Heiwa

« Reply #11712 on: February 12, 2020, 01:12:33 PM »

No, Heiwa, they probably dont flush with water. . . . why would they. Read what people have posted already.

Are you going to watch the SpaceX launch of the Dragon in May, or are you going to ignore that and pretend it never happened?
Many suggestions and questions.
No, I am not an idiot. I just clarify the rules of my Challenge to help people to win my €1M at this popular thread.
I should add one extra requirement to win my Challenge. Space showers. Do they work?
And what about food in space? Say you sign up for a return trip to Mars. What will you eat during the trip? Where does the food come from?
Etc, etc.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11713 on: February 12, 2020, 01:56:09 PM »

But because you have severe mental cognitive bias, you probably can't get past the word poop.
Go and learn about "non-gravity space toilet ???" yourself, or watch the videos available!

Quote from: Heiwa
Anyway. What about non gravity showers! I haven't seen any NASA videos about them. Is the showering astronaut inside a shower bag floating around connected to some pump that drains the bag?
Go and learn "about non gravity showers ???" yourself, you lazy good-for-nothing so-and-so!

And why is it always NASA this and NASA that with NASAphobes like yourself?

The countries involved in the ISS are: Canada, Japan, the Russian Federation, The United States, and eleven ten Member States of the European Space Agency (Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland) and The United Kingdom.

Here, read this about the JAXA Space Station: Roles of participating countries

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11714 on: February 12, 2020, 02:06:31 PM »

Many suggestions and questions.
No, many explanations about how things are really done on the ISS and other crewed space missions.

No, I am not an idiot.
Either you are a useless troll or a total idiot - which is it?

Just remember that this thread is "I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge" and how you failed to pay up!
As soon as anyone satisfies what you ask for you change the rules - move the goal-posts!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11715 on: February 12, 2020, 04:26:30 PM »
I should add one extra requirement to win my Challenge. Space showers. Do they work?
Not like they work on earth.  Sponge baths use less water anyway.

And what about food in space? Say you sign up for a return trip to Mars. What will you eat during the trip?
You'll probably start out with freeze dried food, but you will most likely end up becoming a vegan.

Where does the food come from?
You'll grow it.
https://www.nasa.gov/content/growing-plants-in-space

Heiwa

« Reply #11716 on: February 12, 2020, 09:20:55 PM »
You'll grow it.
NASA grows strawberries on the Moon since many years. I describe it at my website.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11717 on: February 12, 2020, 09:36:11 PM »
You'll grow it.
NASA grows strawberries on the Moon since many years. I describe it at my website.
Your website is wrong on most things so why should take the slightest notice of it.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11718 on: February 12, 2020, 10:09:13 PM »
Your website is wrong on most things so why should take the slightest notice of it.
Your use of the word "most" suggests that its correct in some things. I take offense to that.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11719 on: February 12, 2020, 10:54:57 PM »
Your use of the word "most" suggests that its correct in some things. I take offense to that.
I believe that if you scrutinise this carefully you might find something correct!
Aerospace is the human efforts in science, engineering, and business to fly in the atmosphere of Earth (aeronautics) and surrounding space (astronautics). Aerospace organizations research, design, manufacture, operate, or maintain aircraft or spacecraft. Aerospace activity is very diverse, with a multitude of commercial, industrial and military applications. Human beings can fly in aircrafts the lower atmosphere of Earth but not in spacecraft in surrounding space, reason being you simply cannot return and land on Earth after a trip in surrounding space.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11720 on: February 12, 2020, 11:06:10 PM »
I believe that if you scrutinise this carefully you might find something correct!
Aerospace is the human efforts in science, engineering, and business to fly in the atmosphere of Earth (aeronautics) and surrounding space (astronautics). Aerospace organizations research, design, manufacture, operate, or maintain aircraft or spacecraft. Aerospace activity is very diverse, with a multitude of commercial, industrial and military applications. Human beings can fly in aircrafts the lower atmosphere of Earth but not in spacecraft in surrounding space, reason being you simply cannot return and land on Earth after a trip in surrounding space.

Fine; ill agree, some things he copies in from Wikipedia may be correct. Its the stuff that he wrote himself that I find hard to place next to the word "correct" that I have issue with

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11721 on: February 12, 2020, 11:36:05 PM »
Fine; ill agree, some things he copies in from Wikipedia may be correct. Its the stuff that he wrote himself that I find hard to place next to the word "correct" that I have issue with
I'll go with that!
Heiwa (Anders Bjφrkman. M.Sc. Naval Architect and Marine Engineer) would be a typical flat-Earther but he couldn't afford it.
He makes a swag from his shares in Ariannespace and even Heiwa probably thinks it might be a tad hypocritical to deny satellites.
In the past, he's denied the possible of a transfer orbit from an LEO to a GEO - go figure!

Heiwa

« Reply #11722 on: February 12, 2020, 11:41:17 PM »

In the past, he's denied the possible of a transfer orbit from an LEO to a GEO - go figure!
Not really. I only suggest you cannot transfer from orbit around Earth to something else. Just study what I say. Anything ejected from Earth will only orbit Earth. It cannot start orbiting the Sun and suddenly stop at assteroids etc.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11723 on: February 13, 2020, 12:22:05 AM »
Not really. I only suggest you cannot transfer from orbit around Earth to something else.
How do you enter into earth orbit without regularizing your trajectory if rockets dont work in space?
If you say rockets do work in space then why do you say they stop working after they where working fine just minutes previously.

Your argument is similar to saying that ships work perfectly well in harbors, but spontaneously stop working once they leave the harbor mouth.
Your not making any sense there.

Just study what I say. Anything ejected from Earth will only orbit Earth. It cannot start orbiting the Sun and suddenly stop at assteroids etc.

Well, technically, anything orbiting earth IS ALSO orbiting the sun.
But as long as newtons laws exist, and rockets work in space, there is no reason why you cant move around in space.

No one has ever said, claimed or tried to make a space craft suddenly stop. Unless of course you are talking about the recent attempts to land on the moon, cause those craft where moving quite fast before they suddenly stopped on the surface of the moon. Rather dramatically too.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11724 on: February 13, 2020, 02:32:26 AM »

Not really. I only suggest you cannot transfer from orbit around Earth to something else. Just study what I say. Anything ejected from Earth will only orbit Earth. It cannot start orbiting the Sun and suddenly stop at assteroids etc.
At least you claimed that Arianespace "French Arianespace SA sends unmanned, small satellites into various low altitude Earth orbits all the time ... but that is all it does."
Well, French Arianespace SA sends unmanned, small satellites into various low altitude Earth orbits all the time ... but that is all it does.  Just visit it's website.

But that is not true is it? Read this, where up till last year Arianespace had launched 374 satellites into GEO and that is far from being a low altitude Earth orbit!
And
Arianespace orbits two telecommunications satellites on first Ariane 5 launch of 2019
Arianespace has successfully orbited two telecommunications satellites: the Saudi Geostationary Satellite 1/Hellas Sat 4 condosat for operators KACST and Hellas Sat; and GSAT-31 for the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).

Arianespace’s first launch of the year took place on Tuesday, February 5 at 6:01 p.m. (local time) from the Guiana Space Center (CSG), Europe’s Spaceport in French Guiana (South America).

Today’s launch was the 103rd Ariane 5 mission, bringing the number of geostationary satellites launched by Arianespace to 374.
Why do you make so many Fake claims?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11725 on: February 13, 2020, 02:52:14 AM »
Not really. I only suggest you cannot transfer from orbit around Earth to something else. Just study what I say. Anything ejected from Earth will only orbit Earth.
Have you forgotten all you were taught about the Earth's "Sphere of Influence"? Stand in the corner and learn:
So any spacecraft being kicked away from Earth by a rocket will orbit Earth as per Newton and Earth gravity will control the shape of the orbit.
No, the spacecraft "will orbit Earth as per Newton and Earth gravity will control the shape of the orbit" unless it leaves the Sphere of Influence and enters the Sphere of Influence of another object, the Moon or the Sun in the case of the Earth.
I guess you didn't read these:
     Gravitational Spheres of the Major Planets, Moon and Sun by G. A. Chebotarev
or  Sphere of influence and gravitational capture radius: a dynamical approach by R. A. N. Araujo et al
Of course, a spacecraft doesn't suddenly leave the Earth's gravitational field and enter, say, the Sun's.
The Sphere of Influence is a guide as to which body has the dominant influence and which can be regarded as a perturbing influence.

It cannot start orbiting the Sun and suddenly stop at asteroids etc.
Nobody said that any spacecraft would "suddenly stop at asteroids" :o!
  • Asteroids are not stationary but are orbiting the Sun, though affected by other massive objects.
  • The spacecraft would slowly approach the asteroid and match orbits.
You don't really know much about this "space stuff" do you?

Heiwa

« Reply #11726 on: February 13, 2020, 04:37:07 AM »
Not really. I only suggest you cannot transfer from orbit around Earth to something else.
How do you enter into earth orbit without regularizing your trajectory if rockets dont work in space?
If you say rockets do work in space then why do you say they stop working after they where working fine just minutes previously.

Your argument is similar to saying that ships work perfectly well in harbors, but spontaneously stop working once they leave the harbor mouth.
Your not making any sense there.surface of the moon. Rather dramatically too.
No, rockets work to get things into orbits around Earth.

Heiwa

« Reply #11727 on: February 13, 2020, 04:42:10 AM »

Well, technically, anything orbiting earth IS ALSO orbiting the sun.
But as long as newtons laws exist, and rockets work in space, there is no reason why you cant move around in space.

No one has ever said, claimed or tried to make a space craft suddenly stop. Unless of course you are talking about the recent attempts to land on the moon, cause those craft where moving quite fast before they suddenly stopped on the surface of the moon. Rather dramatically too.
No, anything orbiting Earth is not orbiting the Sun.
The Moon does not orbit the Sun, it orbits Earth.
To win my Challenge, please learn basic astronautics!

Heiwa

« Reply #11728 on: February 13, 2020, 04:44:11 AM »

Topic is my Challenge. Post #1.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11729 on: February 13, 2020, 05:17:31 AM »
Not really. I only suggest you cannot transfer from orbit around Earth to something else. Just study what I say. Anything ejected from Earth will only orbit Earth.
Have you forgotten all you were taught about the Earth's "Sphere of Influence"? Stand in the corner and learn:
So any spacecraft being kicked away from Earth by a rocket will orbit Earth as per Newton and Earth gravity will control the shape of the orbit.
No, the spacecraft "will orbit Earth as per Newton and Earth gravity will control the shape of the orbit" unless it leaves the Sphere of Influence and enters the Sphere of Influence of another object, the Moon or the Sun in the case of the Earth.
I guess you didn't read these:
     Gravitational Spheres of the Major Planets, Moon and Sun by G. A. Chebotarev
or  Sphere of influence and gravitational capture radius: a dynamical approach by R. A. N. Araujo et al
Of course, a spacecraft doesn't suddenly leave the Earth's gravitational field and enter, say, the Sun's.
The Sphere of Influence is a guide as to which body has the dominant influence and which can be regarded as a perturbing influence.

It cannot start orbiting the Sun and suddenly stop at asteroids etc.
Nobody said that any spacecraft would "suddenly stop at asteroids" :o!
  • Asteroids are not stationary but are orbiting the Sun, though affected by other massive objects.
  • The spacecraft would slowly approach the asteroid and match orbits.
Topic is my Challenge. Post #1.
In other words you admit that you were wrong and are confirming that:

Nothing new then!