I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #11610 on: January 27, 2020, 07:33:14 PM »
However, it doesn't work in 3D space as there is no horizon there. Only idiots like PhD Buzz Aldrin thinks otherwise.
It seems that there are some idiots in China that think that celestial navigation in 3D space without a horizon works just fine.
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/002029400804100302
I can guess what Heiwa might say about the Chinese but that's a nice paper so I saved a copy.
It's just simple triangulation, so I don't know why Anders is having such a hard time understanding it.
Possibly because he can't count to three.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #11611 on: January 28, 2020, 09:06:20 PM »
Does triangulation not work in space for some reason or other?
Yes! That's why you don't win my Challenge.
Why wouldn't triangulation work in space?  Aren't stars valid reference points? ???
The Polaris star above the North Pole is a good reference point when establishing your latitude at sea/land on Earth. And when the Sun rises you know your longitude. Basic.
But it only works on the surface of Earth. 3D space is different. Only complete twerps think they can establish their positions there by triangulation. But topic is my Challenge. To win it you must know how to go from A to B in 3D space. Not easy, to say the least.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11612 on: January 28, 2020, 09:13:46 PM »

To win it you must know how to go from A to B in 3D space. Not easy, to say the least.

Start at A, hold on, end at B.
You failed to define A and B.

I win again.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11613 on: January 28, 2020, 11:20:10 PM »
But it only works on the surface of Earth. 3D space is different.
Of course it's different, dipstick!

Quote from: Heiwa
Only complete twerps think they can establish their positions there by triangulation.
And only ignoramuses claim you can't find your position and orientation from star sights (directions).
One must first define the reference frame in which to define the spacecraft's positions and orientation.

There are numerous places on the internet where you could learn this if you weren't too lazy to find them.
So I fail see why I should waste my time pointing suitable references to you.

But topic is my Challenge ;D. To win it you must know how to go from A to B in 3D space. Not easy, to say the least.
Who cares about your silly fake challenges?

Of course it's not easy unless you're prepared to study some of the material easily located.
But it's not worth wasting time presenting this when you can't even understand Hohmann transfer orbits and gravity assist manoeuvres.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11614 on: January 29, 2020, 12:14:07 AM »

You're seriously asking that? There are currently 11,617 replies to this challenge thread. Apparently a lot of people care

Given your contributions here, you certainly care, even if you cant bring yourself to admit it

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11615 on: January 29, 2020, 12:52:29 AM »
You're seriously asking that? There are currently 11,617 replies to this challenge thread. Apparently a lot of people care
How many of those "11,617 replies to this challenge thread" have you read to be in a position to claim "Apparently a lot of people care"?

I think you might find that most couldn't care about Heiwa and fake challenges.

Quote from: Shifter
Given your contributions here, you certainly care, even if you cant bring yourself to admit it
Don't you dare pretend to guess what I care above. You wouldn't have a clue.

My main interest here is that it gives me an "excuse" to learn more about this topic and that's something Heiwa's either too lazy to do or μncapable of doing.

I know a tremendous lot less than Einstein yet even said that “The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.”
Now read Heiwa's post:
Does triangulation not work in space for some reason or other?
Yes! That's why you don't win my Challenge.
Why wouldn't triangulation work in space?  Aren't stars valid reference points? ???
The Polaris star above the North Pole is a good reference point when establishing your latitude at sea/land on Earth. And when the Sun rises you know your longitude. Basic.

But it only works on the surface of Earth. 3D space is different.

How could a self-claimed expert in "space" answer the question:
      "Why wouldn't triangulation work in space?  Aren't stars valid reference points? ???"
with this:
      "The Polaris star above the North Pole is a good reference point when establishing your latitude at sea/land on Earth. And when the Sun rises you know your longitude. Basic.
But it only works on the surface of Earth. 3D space is different"?
Heiwa clearly knows next to nothing on celestial navigation even on Earth so he's certainly not qualified to say it's impossible in interplanetary space. 

Now butt out of threads that you know nothing about!
Either post something other than an attack on me or buzz off and get out of the way.
You're nothing but a useless troll in the "upper fora" - stick to the dungeon where you fit in so well.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11616 on: January 29, 2020, 01:00:33 AM »
Heiwa clearly knows next to nothing on celestial navigation even on Earth so he's certainly not qualified to say it's impossible in interplanetary space. 

Ok. Lets transport you to a place in the universe but you dont know where.

The only clue to your location is showing that one of the stars in the void is Polaris.

Can you find your way to Earth?

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11617 on: January 29, 2020, 01:23:58 AM »
Ok. Lets transport you to a place in the universe but you dont know where.
That's quite an irrelevant question since I was referring quite explicitly to interplanetary space where the Sun, Polaris, Orion, Centauri and other well known features would still be in the same relative positions within a few seconds of arc at the most.

The only clue to your location is showing that one of the stars in the void is Polaris.

No but I never claimed that I or anyone else could do that without suitable training, star charts and instruments. 
And that is the point I've been trying to make all along. No one, Heiwa included, can do these things alone and without appropriate training and equipment.

So, as I said, butt out of threads you are totally ignorant about.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:36:29 AM by rabinoz »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11618 on: January 29, 2020, 02:39:40 AM »

No but I never claimed that I or anyone else could do that without suitable training, star charts and instruments. 
And that is the point I've been trying to make all along. No one, Heiwa included, can do these things alone and without appropriate training and equipment.

Not you specifically, but in general - can it be done? Is it possible?

If you are in an unknown location in a void and your only clue is the identification of 1 star, Polaris - can you work out your location? Lets imagine you have a star chart on hand as well (however that star chart is based on Earths location in the universe). Can it be done? Can you use the reference point of Polaris to work out the other stars and finally, Earth?

I'm asking a genuine question here. You really dont have to get so uptight and tell me to butt out. If you dont know, just say you dont know. If it cant be done, say it so.

Know your place

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11619 on: January 29, 2020, 03:21:38 AM »

If you are in an unknown location in a void and your only clue is the identification of 1 star, Polaris - can you work out your location? Lets imagine you have a star chart on hand as well (however that star chart is based on Earths location in the universe). Can it be done? Can you use the reference point of Polaris to work out the other stars and finally, Earth?

I'm asking a genuine question here. You really dont have to get so uptight and tell me to butt out. If you dont know, just say you dont know. If it cant be done, say it so.
If you could locate 2 other points such as the galactic center and one other, then theoretically you should be able to, if you have a comprehensive star map available.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11620 on: January 29, 2020, 03:49:43 AM »

I could not do it, that's for sure.
It depends greatly on how far from the Solar System we were. With foreseeable technology, I don't see us getting to even light-years away.

I don't know the answer for certain but, as a thought experiment, suppose we were a few light-years from the solar system.
But in addition to that simple star chart, I'd want the distances to at least the nearer and the main stars included.

Polaris is some 433 light-years away from the Solar System and that might be used as a reference direction.
There are 10 stars in the 4 to 11 light year range from the Solar System and the angles between those should at least enable the direction of our own Sun, which would still be at least one of the brightest stars visible.
So one approach would be to head towards the Sun. The positions of Polaris and the other stars would allow the ecliptic plane to be positioned and even establish the heliocentric-ecliptic coordinate system as in:

Finding your way home from should be no problem.

Within interplanetary space, which is as far as we are likely to visit for many decades at least that heliocentric-ecliptic coordinate
system
is well defined by the Sun and a few key stars.

But, I'm neither an astronomer nor a planner of interplanetary space systems so the above is just my opinion.
There is a series of FAA documents intended to give a background for those working in Advanced Aerospace Medicine.
This one has a bit on interplanetary missions: 4.1.6 Interplanetary Travel (PDF) but not a great deal on astronavigation.
There is this paper on that topic: Celestial Navigation Methods for Space Explorers by Fang Jiancheng, Ning Xiaolin - not that I'd understand the maths ;).

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #11621 on: January 29, 2020, 03:54:52 AM »

I could not do it, that's for sure.
It depends greatly on how far from the Solar System we were. With foreseeable technology, I don't see us getting to even light-years away.

I don't know the answer for certain but, as a thought experiment, suppose we were a few light-years from the solar system.
But in addition to that simple star chart, I'd want the distances to at least the nearer and the main stars included.

Polaris is some 433 light-years away from the Solar System and that might be used as a reference direction.
There are 10 stars in the 4 to 11 light year range from the Solar System and the angles between those should at least enable the direction of our own Sun, which would still be at least one of the brightest stars visible.
So one approach would be to head towards the Sun. The positions of Polaris and the other stars would allow the ecliptic plane to be positioned and even establish the heliocentric-ecliptic coordinate system as in:

Finding your way home from should be no problem.

Within interplanetary space, which is as far as we are likely to visit for many decades at least that heliocentric-ecliptic coordinate
system
is well defined by the Sun and a few key stars.

But, I'm neither an astronomer nor a planner of interplanetary space systems so the above is just my opinion.
There is a series of FAA documents intended to give a background for those working in Advanced Aerospace Medicine.
This one has a bit on interplanetary missions: 4.1.6 Interplanetary Travel (PDF) but not a great deal on astronavigation.
There is this paper on that topic: Celestial Navigation Methods for Space Explorers by Fang Jiancheng, Ning Xiaolin - not that I'd understand the maths ;).

See, now that's a cool answer  8)

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11622 on: January 29, 2020, 04:40:56 AM »
Thanks but I'm afraid Heiwa's ignorance rarely warrants that sort of thing and, of course, the reference were ones I had already downloaded.

When I've answered Heiwa like that it just gets thrown back in my face.

I honestly cannot understand why Heiwa cannot do a bit of research but I guess he's so conspiracy-minded that he thanks that all NASA, ESA and ROSCOSMOS reports are fabricated for "reasons".

And not only that, but he (like Sceptimatic) thinks that if one as smart as he cannot understand something it must be fake!

But many projects, such as space missions, need the expertise of people in many disciplines working together to arrive at a successful mission plan.
And that is what really makes his challenges totally impossible for any one person, or even a small group, to win.
Even the trajectory planning of say a lunar mission requires the knowledge of many people.
For NASA that is by now greatly simplified by the suite of computer applications developed over the years by JPL.

Heiwa

« Reply #11623 on: January 29, 2020, 04:48:30 AM »

If you could locate 2 other points such as the galactic center and one other, then theoretically you should be able to, if you have a comprehensive star map available.
Hm, the center of the Milky Way galaxy is according experts a BLACK HOLE. Do you suggest we use it to find our location in the Milky Way?

Heiwa

« Reply #11624 on: January 29, 2020, 04:53:00 AM »
Thanks but I'm afraid Heiwa's ignorance rarely warrants that sort of thing and, of course, the reference were ones I had already downloaded.

When I've answered Heiwa like that it just gets thrown back in my face.

I honestly cannot understand why Heiwa cannot do a bit of research but I guess he's so conspiracy-minded that he thanks that all NASA, ESA and ROSCOSMOS reports are fabricated for "reasons".

And not only that, but he (like Sceptimatic) thinks that if one as smart as he cannot understand something it must be fake!

But many projects, such as space missions, need the expertise of people in many disciplines working together to arrive at a successful mission plan.
And that is what really makes his challenges totally impossible for any one person, or even a small group, to win.
Even the trajectory planning of say a lunar mission requires the knowledge of many people.
For NASA that is by now greatly simplified by the suite of computer applications developed over the years by JPL.
As I always say - just explain how to plan a trip to the Moon and back and the fuel used and you are a WINNER of my Challenge. See post #1!

By the way, JPL is just a cheap school training B-actors for Hollywood. 

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11625 on: January 29, 2020, 05:30:36 AM »
Hm, the center of the Milky Way galaxy is according experts a BLACK HOLE. Do you suggest we use it to find our location in the Milky Way?
Experts also landed people on the Moon.

And black holes are rarely (if ever) completely black, they emit a lot of energy when the pull mass inwards.
But the point of your post was just to say something to feel relevant.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Yes

« Reply #11626 on: January 29, 2020, 05:58:40 AM »
His challenge is not my interest.  His mental challenge is of great interest to me.

I'd love to hear more about how rockets sent from earth cannot possibly take any trajectory other than orbiting earth (or crashing).  Eventually I'd like to ask him about the moons of Mars, but we're a long way aways from him acknowledging their existence.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Heiwa

« Reply #11627 on: January 29, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »
His challenge is not my interest.  His mental challenge is of great interest to me.

I'd love to hear more about how rockets sent from earth cannot possibly take any trajectory other than orbiting earth (or crashing).  Eventually I'd like to ask him about the moons of Mars, but we're a long way aways from him acknowledging their existence.
Just contact me.

Yes

« Reply #11628 on: January 29, 2020, 01:26:29 PM »
I don't want to rush this relationship.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11629 on: January 29, 2020, 01:50:19 PM »
But many projects, such as space missions,
need the expertise of people in many disciplines working together to arrive at a successful mission plan.
And  that is what really makes his challenges totally impossible for any one person, or even a small group, to win.[/color]

Even the trajectory planning of, say, a lunar mission requires the input and expertise of many people.

As I always say - just explain how to plan a trip to the Moon and back and the fuel used and you are a WINNER of my Challenge. See post #1!
NASA has explained that already and you don't believe them so why would you believe anybody else?
Now run away with you stupid fake challenges!
By the way, JPL is just a cheap school training B-actors for Hollywood.
So says the senile retired Marine Engineer who pretends to know everything about Space travel but proves he knows NOTHING about rockets except that you light the touch paper and run!
No, Heiwa, I'd believe what JPL says before anything a person who proves he knows nothing about what might be called Astronautics.

In case you hadn't heard spacecraft might be called spaceships but they are different from watercraft, cruiseships and cargoships.

If you actually went to MIT and studied Aeronautics and Astronautics you might learn a little on this topic.
You might even learn a bit from the MIT Open CourseWare as listed in MIT Open CourseWare: Aeronautics and Astronautics.
And here's one that might dispel your ignorance about orbits etc, MIT Open CourseWare: Astrodynamics.

But these might be more to your level:
Basic Concepts of Manned Spacecraft Design
4.1.1 Space in Our Lives (PDF)
4.1.2 The Space Environment (PDF)
4.1.3 Understanding Orbits (PDF)
4.1.4 Describing Orbits (PDF)
4.1.5 Maneuvering in Space (PDF)
4.1.6 Interplanetary Travel (PDF)
4.1.7 Returning from Space (PDF)
4.2.1 Rockets and Launch Vehicles (PDF)
4.3.1 Space Vehicle Control Systems (PDF)
4.4.1 Environmental Control and Life-Support Subsystems (ECLSS) (PDF)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11630 on: January 29, 2020, 01:57:40 PM »

Just contact me ;D ;D ;D ;D.
Yes did just contact you - in that post!
In other words you have no idea why "cannot possibly take any trajectory other than orbiting earth (or crashing)" so you just spout empty words.

We knew that all along!

Run off and learn about Hill Spheres and Spheres of Influence etc.

Heiwa

« Reply #11631 on: January 29, 2020, 11:53:23 PM »
need the expertise of people in many disciplines working together to arrive at a successful mission plan.
And  that is what really makes his challenges totally impossible for any one person, or even a small group, to win.[/color]

Even the trajectory planning of, say, a lunar mission requires the input and expertise of many people.

NASA has explained that already and you don't believe them so why would you believe anybody else?

In order to win my Challenge (topic - post #1) you have to describe details of the trip incl. fuel consumed.
You are also encouraged to clarify the purpose of the trip!
The NASA explanations do not fulfill basic criteria of science.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11632 on: January 30, 2020, 12:37:11 AM »

In order to win my Challenge (topic - post #1) you have to describe details of the trip incl. fuel consumed.
Can't you read plain English?

And  that is what really makes his challenges totally impossible for any one person, or even a small group, to win.

You say that "The NASA explanations do not fulfill basic criteria of science."
Please provide evidence supporting your ridiculous claim or admit that you are spouting rubbish.

Heiwa

« Reply #11633 on: January 30, 2020, 06:32:14 AM »

Can't you read plain English?

And  that is what really makes his challenges totally impossible for any one person, or even a small group, to win.

Please provide evidence supporting your ridiculous claim or admit that you are spouting rubbish.
http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11634 on: January 30, 2020, 12:37:51 PM »
I've seen enough of that to know that it provides no sound "evidence supporting your ridiculous claim".
So, if you have anything new please post it here.

Heiwa

« Reply #11635 on: January 31, 2020, 12:11:48 AM »
I've seen enough of that to know that it provides no sound "evidence supporting your ridiculous claim".
No, that space travel and nuclear weapons are Fake News since >50 years is clear at my website. Also that no Arabs landed planes in NYC 911 2001 or that M/S Estonia lost its visor 1994. Here I just clarify why twerps like you cannot win my Challenge.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11636 on: January 31, 2020, 03:38:25 AM »
No, that space travel and nuclear weapons are Fake News since >50 years is clear at my website.
Rubbish! All that's clear from your website is that you don't believe it - there are no reasons or evidence.

So I'm still waiting for your evidence that "The NASA explanations do not fulfill basic criteria of science"!

You're inability to understand "the NASA explanations" means no more that that you are unable to understand them.
Don't blame NASA for you own ignorance, that's your problem!

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #11637 on: January 31, 2020, 05:03:53 AM »
No, that space travel and nuclear weapons are Fake News since >50 years is clear at my website. Also that no Arabs landed planes in NYC 911 2001 or that M/S Estonia lost its visor 1994. Here I just clarify why twerps like you cannot win my Challenge.

The only thing that is clear at your website is that you are a conspiracy theorist, and not even a good one at that.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11638 on: January 31, 2020, 06:59:54 AM »
Also that no Arabs landed planes in NYC 911 2001...
It seems to me that an "expert on safety" should know the difference between landing a plane and crashing a plane.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Yes

« Reply #11639 on: January 31, 2020, 10:21:46 AM »
Your Challenge was defeated in the first post.  So let's focus on something else instead.

Hey Heiwa, do you believe that Mars exists as is commonly portrayed?