I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 12607 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #11460 on: January 16, 2020, 08:14:41 AM »
Topic is my Challenge about space travel. Reason why there is no winner is simple! Space travel is not possible.
Of course space travel is possible.  Convincing you that manned space travel is possible is what's not possible.
Yes. I agree in a way. One way. Because space travel is only one way! No way to return from space. I explain it at my website. So manned space travel is of course possible BUT ... suicidal!
It isn't suicidal if you're more clever than a self-proclaimed expert on safety at sea.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11461 on: January 16, 2020, 08:19:06 AM »
Topic is my Challenge about space travel. Reason why there is no winner is simple! Space travel is not possible.
Of course space travel is possible.  Convincing you that manned space travel is possible is what's not possible.
Yes. I agree in a way. One way. Because space travel is only one way! No way to return from space. I explain it at my website. So manned space travel is of course possible BUT ... suicidal!
It isn't suicidal if you're more clever than a self-proclaimed expert on safety at sea.

The sea is a naval area. Space, if possible to have ships in the way you think, would be naval too. Therefore Hewias expert knowledge on safety at sea  is quite relevant to space as well. And from what I have read, his advise is pretty sound. Stay out of space if you want to live.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

RIP rabinoz. Forum legend

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11462 on: January 16, 2020, 08:30:12 AM »
The sea is a naval area. Space, if possible to have ships in the way you think, would be naval too.
My belly button is more naval than space.  Last I heard, spacecraft don't rely on buoyancy to work in space.

Therefore Hewias expert knowledge on safety at sea  is quite relevant to space as well. And from what I have read, his advise is pretty sound.
Not if he doesn't understand aerothermodynamics.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11463 on: January 16, 2020, 08:44:48 AM »
The sea is a naval area. Space, if possible to have ships in the way you think, would be naval too.
My belly button is more naval than space.  Last I heard, spacecraft don't rely on buoyancy to work in space.

Therefore Hewias expert knowledge on safety at sea  is quite relevant to space as well. And from what I have read, his advise is pretty sound.
Not if he doesn't understand aerothermodynamics.

Navy uses ships and its military use the ranks such as Ensign, Commander and Admiral for example. Every depiction of space in pop culture uses the same navy ranks and references. Space would be an attachment of the navy. Perhaps one day it will be its own thing. But that day will only come when you can sort out all the problems in getting the men and women to come back. You need more efficient and light weight fuels. I recommend anti-matter

Yes

« Reply #11464 on: January 16, 2020, 08:45:03 AM »
According to some sovereign citizen YouTube videos I've seen, maritime law supersedes national laws because the Earth is a vessel in the ocean of space.

Checkmate.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11465 on: January 16, 2020, 08:46:46 AM »
According to some sovereign citizen YouTube videos I've seen, maritime law supersedes national laws because the Earth is a vessel in the ocean of space.

Checkmate.

Damn that is deep

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #11466 on: January 16, 2020, 09:21:48 AM »
Topic (see post #1) is off course my Challenge about how to go from planet Earth to the Moon and/or planet Mars and minor details like time and fuel required. So far there is no Winner even if plenty people/companies say they will fly to Mars this year 2020. Even the United Arab Emirates will send an un-manned spacecraft to Mars. Why? To celebrate that UAE was founded 50 years ago. UAE will however use a Japanese rocket and it will not land on Mars! No, the UAE spacecraft will only orbit Mars. Isn't it stupid? It is, because nobody can tell me how it is done! I am told that a Japanese rocket will catapult a UAE spacecraft into space, which will a certain time later start orbiting planet Mars, but there is no evidence for anything. Only some crazy people stating they can do it with media publishing it as Fake News.

Yes

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11468 on: January 16, 2020, 01:10:20 PM »
Navy uses ships and its military use the ranks such as Ensign, Commander and Admiral for example. Every depiction of space in pop culture uses the same navy ranks and references.
What does pop culture have to do with reality?  ???

Space would be an attachment of the navy.
Then why is the US Space Command a part of the Air Force? ???  Even the new US Space Force is a branch of the Air Force.

Perhaps one day it will be its own thing.
It already is, thanks to Prez Trump.

But that day will only come when you can sort out all the problems in getting the men and women to come back. You need more efficient and light weight fuels.
Thanks, but it's already been sorted.

I recommend anti-matter
Why?  Do you know how hard that stuff is to make and store?

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11469 on: January 16, 2020, 04:28:54 PM »
Navy uses ships and its military use the ranks such as Ensign, Commander and Admiral for example. Every depiction of space in pop culture uses the same navy ranks and references.
What does pop culture have to do with reality?  ???

Space would be an attachment of the navy.
Then why is the US Space Command a part of the Air Force? ???  Even the new US Space Force is a branch of the Air Force.

Perhaps one day it will be its own thing.
It already is, thanks to Prez Trump.

But that day will only come when you can sort out all the problems in getting the men and women to come back. You need more efficient and light weight fuels.
Thanks, but it's already been sorted.

I recommend anti-matter
Why?  Do you know how hard that stuff is to make and store?

Once you sort out the making and storage and then finally the controlled use of it, it will pay itself back with its efficiency in spades. Imagine not needing millions of tonnes worth of fuel and having something the weight of one of your pennies instead?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11470 on: January 16, 2020, 06:44:02 PM »
Once you sort out the making and storage and then finally the controlled use of it, it will pay itself back with its efficiency in spades. Imagine not needing millions of tonnes worth of fuel and having something the weight of one of your pennies instead?
I find it amazing how you can seemingly vastly overestimate how much energy you can get out of antimatter and underestimate how much energy it takes to make it, let alone the equipment needed to control and utilize the reaction. 

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11471 on: January 16, 2020, 07:23:02 PM »
I find it amazing how you can seemingly vastly overestimate how much energy you can get out of antimatter and underestimate how much energy it takes to make it, let alone the equipment needed to control and utilize the reaction.

In the future the process to make antimatter won't be so energy intensive or cost over $62 trillion per gram

Also, look at

And you still think chemical rocket fuel is the best?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11472 on: January 16, 2020, 08:23:37 PM »
I never said that chemical rockets are best.  However, they are the best currently available for getting through the atmoplane.  Once you get into space, there are much more efficient alternatives like ion or plasma drives.  Nuclear looks like it has some pretty interesting potential and would be relatively easy.  Antimatter sounds good but is still many, many years away.  Maybe once we get cheap fusion power then antimatter might stand a chance.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:25:22 PM by markjo »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11473 on: January 16, 2020, 09:26:31 PM »
In the future the process to make antimatter won't be so energy intensive or cost over $62 trillion per gram
Probably but the energy cost is hard to escape:
Quote from: Symmetry Magazine
Ten things you might not know about antimatter
The problem lies in the efficiency and cost of antimatter production and storage. Making 1 gram of antimatter would require approximately 25 million billion kilowatt-hours of energy and cost over a million billion dollars.
And in Centauri Dreams, Antimatter: The Production Problem
The dollar cost will presumably come down but there seems no foreseeable way to reduce the energy cost - you can't get something for nothing.

Quote from: Shifter
Yes, at present chemical rocket fuel is the best because it is the only fuel that can get us into space.

Once there the way is open to low thrust but very high Isp engines. The choice the is one of travel time vs range.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11474 on: January 16, 2020, 09:57:15 PM »
The problem lies in the efficiency and cost of antimatter production and storage. Making 1 gram of antimatter would require approximately 25 million billion kilowatt-hours of energy and cost over a million billion dollars.
The dollar cost will presumably come down but there seems no foreseeable way to reduce the energy cost - you can't get something for nothing.

Yes, at present chemical rocket fuel is the best because it is the only fuel that can get us into space.

Once there the way is open to low thrust but very high Isp engines. The choice the is one of travel time vs range.

Once mankind is able to capture more of the sun's energy we won't have to worry about the cost of production. For all intents and purposes that energy is for free and limitless.

430 quintillion Joules of energy from the Sun hits the Earth every hour. It's about time we starting capturing it

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11475 on: January 16, 2020, 11:07:55 PM »

Once mankind is able to capture more of the sun's energy we won't have to worry about the cost of production. For all intents and purposes that energy is for free and limitless.
Nothing is "free and limitless".
In all of these energy production methods, the capital costs are massive so certainly not free.
Then in addition to the capital costs are the maintenance costs and finally replacement costs - so no it's not free.

430 quintillion Joules of energy from the Sun hits the Earth every hour. It's about time we starting capturing it
We are capturing some of it but present methods have huge costs both financial and even environmental.
Current solar power systems rarely exceed 20% efficiency and cover a great deal of land. In Australia that may not matter but tell that to the traditional owners.
Wind power systems are doing significant damage to bird-life and generate enough noise to be a serious concern.

So again, nothing is free - it's all a compromise.

I'll let you calculate how long it would take to produce one gram of anti-matter with even 10% of that Solar energy used for antimatter production. I've done it but my answers are very disheartening.

Of course, more efficient methods of producing anti-matter might improve thing drastically.
The annihilation of 1 gram of anti-matter with one gram of ordinary releases about 1.80 x 1014 Joules but so far we know of no way to separate them efficiently. Current production methods are grossly inefficient, to put it mildly.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11476 on: January 16, 2020, 11:13:41 PM »
:)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11477 on: January 16, 2020, 11:40:40 PM »
:)

Real scary :o!
If all the antimatter ever made by humans were annihilated at once, the energy produced wouldn’t even be enough to ;D ;D boil a cup of tea ;D ;D.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11478 on: January 17, 2020, 12:36:55 AM »
Quote from: rabinoz
[quote
If all the antimatter ever made by humans were annihilated at once, the energy produced wouldn’t even be enough to ;D ;D boil a cup of tea ;D ;D.
[/quote]

We just need to get higher on the Kardashev scale. Then you won't be saying that :P

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #11479 on: January 17, 2020, 02:17:20 AM »
We just need to get higher on the Kardashev scale. Then you won't be saying that :P
We need to first get any kind of production into space.
As rab says, nothing is for free, and until very recently we have not been including the environmental costs to our production.
Once we have some decent mining and production of solar panels in space can we finally start looking big. But even then, there will be consequences of sloppy planning that we have not even thought of yet.

Yes

« Reply #11480 on: January 17, 2020, 05:27:21 AM »
We just need to get higher on the Kardashev scale.
I suspect this will require abandoning flat earth fantasies.  Do you agree?

Heiwa

« Reply #11481 on: January 17, 2020, 11:09:15 AM »
Well, just show how to go to to Moon, make an application (post #1), win my Challenge and I send you $1M! Or 0.9 M€. Good money.
There are plenty people, Americans, Europeans, Russians, Japanese and United Emirates Arabs going to planet Mars this year. None can tell me how. Only media reports it ... as Fake News!

Yes

« Reply #11482 on: January 17, 2020, 11:46:57 AM »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11483 on: January 17, 2020, 01:39:20 PM »

Well, just show how to go to the Moon.
Already done numerous time but you invariably claim it's "fake news" so it seems as though Yes hit the nail squarely on the head!
None can tell me how.

By the way, the horse represents YOU, but horses at least have horse-sense, they can learn but you can't even do that.
So Yes's analogy is an insult to horses.
Isn't that "Peak of Mt Stupid" getting a mite uncomfortable after all these years.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11484 on: January 17, 2020, 02:46:52 PM »
Well, just show how to go to to Moon, make an application (post #1), win my Challenge and I send you $1M! Or 0.9 M€. Good money.
Only if you believe what I tell you, which you won't, so I won't wast my time.

There are plenty people, Americans, Europeans, Russians, Japanese and United Emirates Arabs going to planet Mars this year. None can tell me how. Only media reports it ... as Fake News!
No, silly Anders.  There are exactly zero people are going to Mars this year, or any time soon.  There are several space agencies sending probes and/or landrs to Mars, but no people.

Shifter

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #11485 on: January 17, 2020, 07:11:32 PM »

I've never had flat earth fantasies to begin with

Heiwa

« Reply #11486 on: January 17, 2020, 07:24:36 PM »

Already done numerous time but you invariably claim it's "fake news" so it seems as though Yes hit the nail squarely on the head!

Yes, I know. A rocket with a manned spacecraft was 1969 fired into the sky and disappeared and a couple of days later the spacecraft had landed on the Moon, so the crew could piss on it, was shown on TV. Then the spacecraft was fired into space again from the Moon and a couple of days later it dropped into the Pacific Ocean as shown on TV. The crew could piss on Earth again.
Great show! Quite funny!
But Fake News as usual.
Only complete twerps believe such nonsense.

Yes

« Reply #11487 on: January 17, 2020, 08:05:00 PM »

I've never had flat earth fantasies to begin with
I know :)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11488 on: January 18, 2020, 11:24:06 AM »

Yes, I know. A rocket with a manned spacecraft was 1969 fired into the sky and disappeared and a couple of days later the spacecraft had landed on the Moon, so the crew could piss on it, was shown on TV. Then the spacecraft was fired into space again from the Moon and a couple of days later it dropped into the Pacific Ocean as shown on TV. The crew could piss on Earth again.
Great show! Quite funny!
But Fake News as usual.
Yes, that's exactly what rabinoz predicted that you would say and the very reason why your "challenges" are Fake Challenges.

Heiwa

« Reply #11489 on: January 18, 2020, 06:50:30 PM »

Great show! Quite funny!
But Fake News as usual.
Yes, that's exactly what rabinoz predicted that you would say and the very reason why your "challenges" are Fake Challenges.
Please, my challenges are real and solid and have been discussed here for years to eliminate old US made, stupid Fake News about humans in space, nuclear weapons, 911 Arabs, etc. I am quite happy that my challenges are so popular.