I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #10830 on: August 29, 2019, 06:17:40 AM »
I still go back to the point I made a long while back. Anders doesn't think ablative heat shielding works, so I suppose he doesn't think sweating cools the human body since it's the same principle in both processes.
Yes, heat shielding melts and then the space craft catches fire and burns up. No way to return from space and land on Earth.
When getting warm and sweaty, I take a shower but ... there are no showers in space. No space craft going anywhere has a shower. NASA and SpaceX have missed it. I wonder why? Don't they get hot?
PS - it is 6 am and I just had a shower ... before breakfast. I feel good.

Wrong as usual. The ablative shielding heats up and melts off the surface of the spacecraft, taking the heat away with it. Just like your sweat heats up and evaporates off your skin, taking the heat away with it.
Well, I have a different opinion about re-entries and ablative shielding at http://heiwaco.com/moontraveld.htm and http://heiwaco.com/moontravelw1.htm#REE. Study it and come back!

Facts>opinions.

Yeah, this part is a bit ridiculous. We can see proof of concept on something as simple as automotive brakes.
Yes, braking in 3D space is just to push the pedal in the middle. Or pull/push/swing the steering wheel/handle while braking. And do not forget to release your parachute for a soft touch down.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10831 on: August 29, 2019, 06:31:08 AM »
Yes, braking in 3D space is just to push the pedal in the middle.
Don't you think that friction from the atmosphere would provide any braking force?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #10832 on: August 29, 2019, 03:00:12 PM »
Don't you think that friction from the atmosphere would provide any braking force?
There is no atmosphere in space! Steering/braking in space .is by applying rocket forces and for that fuel is needed. See post #1 (topic). Only fools like NASA believe otherwise since 1958!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 03:45:44 PM by Heiwa »

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #10833 on: August 29, 2019, 04:13:28 PM »
There is no atmosphere in space! Steering/braking in space .is by applying rocket forces and for that fuel is needed. See post #1 (topic). Only fools like NASA believe otherwise since 1958!

You don't need rocket fuel to steer in space.

Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Heiwa

« Reply #10834 on: August 29, 2019, 09:17:34 PM »

Hm, so how do you get out of LEO to go to the Moon (topic - post #1)?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10835 on: August 29, 2019, 10:58:50 PM »

One way from a LEO of 200 km might be to do a rocket burn with a DeltaV of about 3132.70 km/s to enter a Hohmann elliptical transfer orbit.
Then at the apogee another burn with a DeltaV of 826.68 m/s to enter a circular orbit about 200 km lower than the moon's orbit.
Let your rocket slowly catch the moon and your almost there.

Of course, the moon's orbit is not circular so the sums get a little harder. Go and ask an expert in orbital dynamics.

The Apollo missions didn't quite use that approach but headed for the earth-moon L1 point with a small remaining velocity and then "fell to the moon" - sort of!

Go and lookup the details of exactly what they did on NASA's website ;D!

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #10836 on: August 30, 2019, 08:36:43 AM »

Steering.

I know you are in a mental health facility, but good grief you are dumber than a rock.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Heiwa

« Reply #10837 on: August 30, 2019, 01:59:33 PM »

One way from a LEO of 200 km might be to do a rocket burn with a DeltaV of about 3132.70 km/s to enter a Hohmann elliptical transfer orbit.
Then at the apogee another burn with a DeltaV of 826.68 m/s to enter a circular orbit about 200 km lower than the moon's orbit.
Let your rocket slowly catch the moon and your almost there.

Of course, the moon's orbit is not circular so the sums get a little harder. Go and ask an expert in orbital dynamics.

The Apollo missions didn't quite use that approach but headed for the earth-moon L1 point with a small remaining velocity and then "fell to the moon" - sort of!

Go and lookup the details of exactly what they did on NASA's website ;D!
Thanks. It seems you agree fuel is used to steer a spacecraft in no atmosphere/vacuum space. NASA never replies if you try to contact them.

is a funny description why.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10838 on: August 30, 2019, 06:12:37 PM »
That depends on what you mean by "steering".  Turning on an axis can be done using control moment gyros and no fuel required.  Changing trajectory is a different story.  One would think that an expert on safety in space would be a little more precise with their terms.

Heiwa

« Reply #10839 on: August 30, 2019, 08:01:23 PM »
That depends on what you mean by "steering".  Turning on an axis can be done using control moment gyros and no fuel required.  Changing trajectory is a different story.  One would think that an expert on safety in space would be a little more precise with their terms.
To steer something is simply to direct the course of it. To  change the course of a spacecraft in vacuum space is not easy, so it has never been done. All man made things in space have just been lobbed into various orbits around Earth and that's it! I explain all at http://heiwaco.com/moontravelb.htm since many years.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10840 on: August 30, 2019, 08:54:38 PM »
To steer something is simply to direct the course of it. To  change the course of a spacecraft in vacuum space is not easy, so it has never been done. All man made things in space have just been lobbed into various orbits around Earth and that's it!
Of course it's been done lots of times.  How do you think Arianespace gets their customers' satellites into their proper, very specific, geostationary orbit slots?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10841 on: August 30, 2019, 09:53:12 PM »
To steer something is simply to direct the course of it. To  change the course of a spacecraft in vacuum space is not easy,
Why do you say it's not easy?

Have you ever heard of Reaction Control System Thrusters?
Have you read this from Arianespace? Development of an Attitude Control and Propellant Settling System for the aA5ME Upper Stage

Whatever are these things used for of not the attitude control of spacecraft?
arianegroup Orbital Propulsion Center: 200N Bipropellant Thruster For attitude, orbit control and re-entry manoeuvres of heavy man-rated spacecraft.

200N Thruster Background

The 200N bipropellant thruster was developed and qualified by Snecma (groupe Safran), for applications such as attitude control, orbital manoeuvring and braking of ESA‘s Automated Transfer Vehicle (ATV).

ArianeGroup acquired the license to manufacture the thruster for ESA programme's and to modify the design in accordance with programme needs. The transfer of both production and product design authority was accomplished at the end of 2009.

The ATV programme has served the International Space Station with the most complex space vehicle ever developed in Europe, having achieved five launches in six years following its 2008 debut. The end of the fifth ATV mission 'George Lemaitre' in February 2015 marked the end of the ATV programme.

Using a  220N thrust level, the thruster has been selected for the reaction control system of the NASA / ESA Orion European Service Module. 24 of these manoeuvring thrusters are used in 6 pods of four.

The engine is designed to be capable of both steady-state and pulse mode operation throughout very broad regimes of inlet conditions whilst exhibiting outstanding thermal and combustion stability even at extreme conditions.

To meet the specific Fault Detection, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR) needs of man rated missions, the thruster is equipped with flight sensors for continuously monitoring e.g. in-flight leak detection, chamber temperature and combustion pressure.

Quote from: Heiwa
To  change the course of a spacecraft in vacuum space is not easy, so it has never been done.
So, you claim that just because changing "the course of a spacecraft in vacuum space is not easy, so it has never been done."

I've heard few such idiotic claims in my whole life!
Just because you can't do it does not mean it can't be done! There are billions on earth smarter and more capable than YOU!

Quote from: Heiwa
All man made things in space have just been lobbed into various orbits around Earth and that's it! I explain all at http://heiwaco.com/moontravelb.htm since many years.
Rubbish, all of it! I wouldn't look in http://heiwaco.com/moontravelb.htm again if you paid me! My IQ drops 10 points every time I've looked.

Heiwa

« Reply #10842 on: August 30, 2019, 11:04:23 PM »
To steer something is simply to direct the course of it. To  change the course of a spacecraft in vacuum space is not easy, so it has never been done. All man made things in space have just been lobbed into various orbits around Earth and that's it!
Of course it's been done lots of times.  How do you think Arianespace gets their customers' satellites into their proper, very specific, geostationary orbit slots?
Arianespace just lobs man made satellites into orbits in space around Earth using rockets, because that's all that is possible. I consider it aeronautics as most of the steering is done in Earth's atmosphere. And it is always a one way trip with no return. Astronautics or space travel à la Apollo 11+ is 100% pseudoscience and it is the reason nobody wins my Challenge (topic - post #1).

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10843 on: August 30, 2019, 11:34:32 PM »
Arianespace just lobs man made satellites into orbits in space around Earth using rockets, because that's all that is possible. I consider it aeronautics as most of the steering is done in Earth's atmosphere. And it is always a one way trip with no return. Astronautics or space travel à la Apollo 11+ is 100% pseudoscience and it is the reason nobody wins my Challenge (topic - post #1).
Rubbish!
"Steering" in space can use either gimbaled rocket engines or some other method of vectoring the thrust. Here is a small 3-D gimbaled rocket engine.

“Here's a RocketLab USA Rutherford engine next to a size 13 shoe. These things have 5000 lbs of thrust!!”

Or for simply changing the attitude of a rocket prior to a burn Reaction Control System Thrusters are used.
Read this from Ariane! Development of an Attitude Control and Propellant Settling System for the aA5ME Upper Stage

For a supposed expert you seem woefully ignorant of these simple things!

Heiwa

« Reply #10844 on: August 31, 2019, 01:18:22 AM »
Rubbish!
"Steering" in space can use either gimbaled rocket engines or some other method of vectoring the thrust. Here is a small 3-D gimbaled rocket engine.

“Here's a RocketLab USA Rutherford engine next to a size 13 shoe. These things have 5000 lbs of thrust!!”

Or for simply changing the attitude of a rocket prior to a burn Reaction Control System Thrusters are used.
Read this from Ariane! Development of an Attitude Control and Propellant Settling System for the aA5ME Upper Stage

For a supposed expert you seem woefully ignorant of these simple things!
As a share holder of Arianespace I am of course happy that its rockets can put satellites into orbits. But all steering of the rockets are done in the atmosphere using aeronautical principles. Steering in vacuum space, astronautics, of spacecrafts is not possible in spite of Dr Buzz Aldrin, MIT PhD 1963, saying the opposite. Actully lying! Buzz is military and cannot say the truth! He has signed a paper to this effect! Imagine MIT giving a PhD to a confirmed, criminal liar!

?

frenat

« Reply #10845 on: August 31, 2019, 06:14:10 AM »
right here we can see Heiwa exposing his ignorance of orbital mechanics. Despite being told before multiple times, he still doesn't know that any object just "lobbed" into space will have an orbit that intersects the Earth. The orbit must be adjusted in space to be stable.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #10846 on: August 31, 2019, 06:40:35 AM »
It doesn't need to be rockets to steer.  During the Apollo missions OWD (Overboard Waste Dumps) would affect course (steering), it is specifically notable during Apollo 13 as they had to stop performing them as they were being pushed off course.
Rabinoz RIP

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #10847 on: August 31, 2019, 06:45:20 AM »
. . . it is specifically notable during Apollo 13 as they had to stop performing them as they were being pushed off course.

Oh, that's a bunch of shit.   ;D

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #10848 on: August 31, 2019, 06:48:24 AM »
. . . it is specifically notable during Apollo 13 as they had to stop performing them as they were being pushed off course.

More like a load of piss.

I heard that there are a lot of small constellations call U-rine that are out there in space.
Rabinoz RIP

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #10849 on: August 31, 2019, 06:56:18 AM »

More like a load of piss.

I heard that there are a lot of small constellations call U-rine that are out there in space.

Well, they would follow the path of the spacecraft and . . .

OMG, wise was right! We're getting pissed on from space!

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #10850 on: August 31, 2019, 09:08:56 AM »
Yes, braking in 3D space is just to push the pedal in the middle. Or pull/push/swing the steering wheel/handle while braking. And do not forget to release your parachute for a soft touch down.

I was talking about heat dissipation with heat shielding during re-entry. I don't know why you question this? Out of everything you say is a lie, this is the easiest to prove accurate. We see it's principles proven every day from brakes on ground vehicles to air planes and many other types of machines.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Heiwa

« Reply #10851 on: August 31, 2019, 02:53:05 PM »

I was talking about heat dissipation with heat shielding during re-entry. I don't know why you question this? Out of everything you say is a lie, this is the easiest to prove accurate. We see it's principles proven every day from brakes on ground vehicles to air planes and many other types of machines.
One problem of re-entry after a fake space trip is to find the location where to start braking! You are going at very high speed say >11 000 m/s and if you start 1 second too late you will miss the landing party by 11 000 m.
It is also a question of direction. If direction of landing is vertical and you start at 110 000 m altitude and forget to brake, you will hit ground after 10 seconds.
Space travel is always at high speeds say 30 000 m/s and if you meet an asteroid head on you can turn 180° around it in a few seconds and go 30 000 m/s in the other direction. It is called a gravity assisted kick.  http://heiwaco.com/moontravelc.htm . It was invented by MIT after a Russian spy sold them the secret!

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #10852 on: August 31, 2019, 03:19:17 PM »

One problem of re-entry after a fake space trip is to find the location where to start braking! You are going at very high speed say >11 000 m/s and if you start 1 second too late you will miss the landing party by 11 000 m.
It is also a question of direction. If direction of landing is vertical and you start at 110 000 m altitude and forget to brake, you will hit ground after 10 seconds.
Space travel is always at high speeds say 30 000 m/s and if you meet an asteroid head on you can turn 180° around it in a few seconds and go 30 000 m/s in the other direction. It is called a gravity assisted kick.  http://heiwaco.com/moontravelc.htm . It was invented by MIT after a Russian spy sold them the secret!

Your retarted.
Rabinoz RIP

Bom Tishop

« Reply #10853 on: August 31, 2019, 05:18:32 PM »

The atmosphere is thinner the higher you go. So just control your angle to keep g forces and heat within manageable levels.

Seems relatively cut and dry

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10854 on: August 31, 2019, 05:18:49 PM »
Space travel is always at high speeds say 30 000 m/s and if you meet an asteroid head on you can turn 180° around it in a few seconds and go 30 000 m/s in the other direction. It is called a gravity assisted kick. It was invented by MIT after a Russian spy sold them the secret!
Does anyone else think that this level of wanton stupidity is getting more than just a little tedious and rather tiresome?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #10855 on: August 31, 2019, 05:45:55 PM »
Where is the OP? The one who supposedly ran? Turned tail and buggered off because he knew in his heart of hearts he was wrong.

The fact he (and nobody  else) has won the challenge is proof and validity of Heiwas claims

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10856 on: August 31, 2019, 05:51:50 PM »
Where is the OP? The one who supposedly ran? Turned tail and buggered off because he knew in his heart of hearts he was wrong.
Or, maybe he saw the futility of trying to teach Anders pretty much anything about manned space travel.

The fact he (and nobody  else) has won the challenge is proof and validity of Heiwas claims
Or that Anders and his unwinnable "challenge" are both complete frauds.

Heiwa

« Reply #10857 on: August 31, 2019, 08:35:24 PM »

The atmosphere is thinner the higher you go. So just control your angle to keep g forces and heat within manageable levels.

Seems relatively cut and dry
Well, you are moving at high speed say 11 000 m/s starting a re-entry/landing and how do do you control the angle of motion at that speed? How do you know where you are and your destination? And how to control heat while doing all this? There are many problems associated with steering a spacecraft to solve in order to win my Challenge. Dr. Buzz says it is all done by computers, so another question is ... what computer?  What is the pilot supposed to do?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10858 on: August 31, 2019, 09:45:32 PM »
Well, you are moving at high speed say 11 000 m/s starting a re-entry/landing and how do do you control the angle of motion at that speed?
That depends on where you start from and what kind of space craft you're in.  If you're coming from the moon, then you need to make sure that you use your maneuvering thrusters to aim for the very narrow reentry corridor.

How do you know where you are and your destination?
You know where you are by using celestial navigation techniques.  One would hope that you know your destination by carefully planning your trip ahead of time.

And how to control heat while doing all this?
You control the heat by carefully adjusting the angle that you hit the atmosphere.  Too steep and you burn up.  Too shallow and you bounce off the atmosphere.  Just right and you reenter safely.

There are many problems associated with steering a spacecraft to solve in order to win my Challenge. Dr. Buzz says it is all done by computers, so another question is ... what computer? 
Most of the planning was done on IBM mainframes, but the spacecraft itself was controlled by the onboard Apollo guidance computer.

What is the pilot supposed to do?
Manual control if something goes wrong with the computer.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #10859 on: August 31, 2019, 10:23:51 PM »

Well, you are moving at high speed say 11 000 m/s starting a re-entry/landing and how do do you control the angle of motion at that speed? How do you know where you are and your destination? And how to control heat while doing all this? There are many problems associated with steering a spacecraft to solve in order to win my Challenge. Dr. Buzz says it is all done by computers, so another question is ... what computer?  What is the pilot supposed to do?

Well, if it were me using technology that is proven to work here is what I would do.

From lift off I would use ground radar, line of sight and radio... plus the ships radar and radio. Then when I got past mid orbit I would still use ground radio, but also use vector calculations and visual. If I got close to a planetary object I would then use the ships radar.

To return back I would use these same things.

To return into the earths atmosphere and slow down. I would calculation my trajectory at an angle that takes me into the thinner atmosphere first then further down into the thicker atmosphere. As my speed slowed I would drop faster as gravity would begin to win.

To monitor heat, I would use the same metal mounted sensors planes use to monitor temp in wings for possible icing. The tolerances of the fuselage and heat shielding will be known from prior tests.

Oh for controlling angle, your original entry will be based on vector and radar calculations, as at that speed in the atmosphere there isn't much you can do. Once you take down to slower speeds then you have flaps etc such as normal planes.

What does a pilot do? The same the a pilot does on modern air places that are mostly computer aided...there is still plenty.

This is how I would do it with tech that I know works. The funny thing, I seriously question the moon landing and believe it is a higher probability it was faked over true. However, the tech you question is kind silly, as we can see the proof it works here on Earth