I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #9450 on: July 03, 2018, 09:40:10 AM »
It was a pre-planned passing of the island a dark winter evening.
Who pre-planned the passing?  From what I can tell, the ship was several miles off course from it's pre-planned passing.

No passengers aboard were told about it, as  there was nothing to see.
Was there anything to see from the shore (other than a large ship capsizing)?
As already said before, I explain everything at http://heiwaco.com/news8.htm and why the Captain is innocent of any wrong doings. The 13 January 2012 trajectory is strange, if intention was to sail direct straight to Isola del Giglio  (and not Savona) after departure from Civitavecchia. It should look like:
I thought that you thoroughly investigated the incident.  Wasn't part of your investigation to determine why the captain decided to sail so close to Isola del Giglio?

The ship capsized 14 January early morning after most people aboard had abandoned the ship.
Except of course for the 32 or so people who weren't able to abandon the ship and died.
Hm, you should study http://heiwaco.com/news8.htm , i.e. my report about the conspiracy to frame the Captain. Before departing Civitavecchia for Savona it was decided to pass close to Isola del Giglio, so that all passengers aboard could see the island in the dark winter night (they were not informed about it), and the second officer aboard, responsible for navigation, had to plan the course, etc. She apparently decided that they should aim for Savona but turn port straight on the island, where a second turn, now starboard, should be executed, bla, bla, bla. When doing the latter, the ship contacted a submerged rock ... and nobody died.
After an hour Abandon ship was ordered but little worked. Many lifeboats could not be launched and most life rafts for the staff were not used at all. The passengers didn't know what lifeboat to embark and the lifeboats were full of staff having no life raft. It was all the fault of the Captain. So 300-400 persons were still aboard, when the ship capsized and sank. All the fault of the Captain. Poor man. If he didn't agree to play his role, the mafia would have killed him.
The case goes on - http://heiwaco.com/news811.htm .

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9451 on: July 03, 2018, 10:06:20 AM »
Before departing Civitavecchia for Savona it was decided to pass close to Isola del Giglio, so that all passengers aboard could see the island in the dark winter night...
Who made the decision to pass close to Isola del Giglio?  Surely your investigation must have uncovered the identity of the real guilty party.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #9452 on: July 03, 2018, 10:37:15 AM »
Before departing Civitavecchia for Savona it was decided to pass close to Isola del Giglio, so that all passengers aboard could see the island in the dark winter night...
Who made the decision to pass close to Isola del Giglio?  Surely your investigation must have uncovered the identity of the real guilty party.
The ship owner ashore! Only twerps believe that ships sail around at random by a Captain aboard. No, the orders come from the top ashore. It also collects all money. Markjo, grow up! You sound like a baby. Just study http://heiwaco.com/news8.htm .

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9453 on: July 03, 2018, 12:14:44 PM »
The ship owner ashore! Only twerps believe that ships sail around at random by a Captain aboard. No, the orders come from the top ashore.
It seems that international law disagrees with you.  It seems that the ship's captain is responsible for, among other things, safe navigation and the ship's seaworthiness.
The captain ensures that the ship complies with local and international laws and complies also with company policies.[1] The captain is ultimately responsible, under the law, for aspects of operation such as the safe navigation of the ship,[3] its cleanliness and seaworthiness,[4] safe handling of all cargo,[5] management of all personnel,[6] inventory of ship's cash and stores,[7] and maintaining the ship's certificates and documentation.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9454 on: July 03, 2018, 03:45:01 PM »
The ship owner ashore! Only twerps believe that ships sail around at random by a Captain aboard. No, the orders come from the top ashore. It also collects all money. Markjo, grow up! You sound like a baby. Just study http://heiwaco.com/news8.htm .
Please post a believable independent authoritative source, not one by a proven biased conspiratard.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9455 on: July 03, 2018, 04:32:02 PM »
Please post a believable independent authoritative source, not one by a proven biased conspiratard.
How about this?
Regulation 34 - Safe navigation and avoidance of dangerous situations

Summary

Voyage planning is required on all vessels which go to sea.
    Master to ensure plan is drawn up.
    Details of factors to take into account.

Regulation 34
1.    Prior to proceeding to sea, the master shall ensure that the intended voyage has been planned using the appropriate nautical charts and nautical publications for the area concerned, taking into account the guidelines and recommendations developed by the Organization.*

2.    The voyage plan shall identify a route which:
2.1    takes into account any relevant ships' routeing systems
2.2    ensures sufficient sea room for the safe passage of the ship throughout the voyage
2.3    anticipates all known navigational hazards and adverse weather conditions; and
2.4    takes into account the marine environmental protection measures that apply, and avoids, as far as possible, actions and activities which could cause damage to the environment

And:
Regulation 34-1 - Master's Discretion

Summary

Master's discretion in decision-making not to be compromised.

Regulation 34-1
   The owner, the charterer, the company operating the ship as defined in regulation IX/1, or any other person shall not prevent or restrict the master of the ship from taking or executing any decision which, in the master's professional judgement, is necessary for safety of life at sea and protection of the marine environment.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #9456 on: July 03, 2018, 04:36:05 PM »
The ship owner ashore! Only twerps believe that ships sail around at random by a Captain aboard. No, the orders come from the top ashore.
It seems that international law disagrees with you.  It seems that the ship's captain is responsible for, among other things, safe navigation and the ship's seaworthiness.
The captain ensures that the ship complies with local and international laws and complies also with company policies.[1] The captain is ultimately responsible, under the law, for aspects of operation such as the safe navigation of the ship,[3] its cleanliness and seaworthiness,[4] safe handling of all cargo,[5] management of all personnel,[6] inventory of ship's cash and stores,[7] and maintaining the ship's certificates and documentation.

Captain goes down with the ship right?

That may be the responsibilities that he signs up for, but if his superiors order him to do something, he has to do it. In this case, he fucked up the maneuver and deserves some flak but of course, he is the fall guy. The owners wash their hands and absolve themselves from any part of the disaster. That is why captains get lots of money. When the shit hits the fan, they step up and protect everyone else.

When a captain 'goes down with the ship', it is not a noble gesture. It's a last pathetic attempt to save face and look heroic because they don't want to deal with the consequences of fucking everything up

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #9457 on: July 03, 2018, 04:55:56 PM »

That may be the responsibilities that he signs up for, but if his superiors order him to do something, he has to do it.

When the ship unties the captain has no superiors.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9458 on: July 03, 2018, 04:58:11 PM »
Captain goes down with the ship right?
Not necessarily.

That may be the responsibilities that he signs up for, but if his superiors order him to do something, he has to do it.
No.  The ship's captain is the ultimate authority on the ship and cannot be compelled to do anything that he feels would endanger the ship or passengers.

In this case, he fucked up the maneuver and deserves some flak but of course, he is the fall guy.
But the question remains: who's idea was it to sail so close to shore?

The owners wash their hands and absolve themselves from any part of the disaster. That is why captains get lots of money. When the shit hits the fan, they step up and protect everyone else.
Well, duh.

When a captain 'goes down with the ship', it is not a noble gesture. It's a last pathetic attempt to save face and look heroic because they don't want to deal with the consequences of fucking everything up
The captain isn't necessarily obligated to go down with the ship. but he is obligated to supervise the rescue operations to make sure that all passengers and crew are safe and/or accounted for.  That is usually most effectively done from on board the ship.

Heiwa

« Reply #9459 on: July 03, 2018, 10:24:09 PM »

YES - International, or Italian (?), law changed due to the Costa Concordia incident. Before the ship owner, his staff and national authorities ashore were responsible to ensure that the ship was seaworthy, properly manned and according to the rules. From now, or 2015, on the Master aboard is responsible for everything and, if anything is not right, he/she is jailed. It makes life easy for plenty twerps like you and Wikipedia, the latter just up-dating its nonsense June 2018.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:26:25 PM by Heiwa »

Heiwa

« Reply #9460 on: July 04, 2018, 08:48:34 AM »
Only reason I post here is post #1 of this thread. Some lying, cheating Flat Earth Believer twerp suggested he had won my Challenge. I don't like that (he was lying), BUT I like that my serious Challenge is being discussed. It is about describing spacecrafts flying to the Moon or planet Mars from Earth. It is impossible but plenty twerps believe they can do it. And when asked how, they wet/shit their pants.
My biz is safety at sea. If the Earth was flat of limited size, I assume there would be some maritime warnings of sailing over the edge ... but there are none. There is no edge anywhere obviously. Many years ago I discussed the matter with a male albatross that landed on my ship. I wondered why he was flying around in the middle of the ocean. He just answered that his wife were home looking after the baby albatrosses and he flow around the globe. 

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9461 on: July 04, 2018, 08:58:00 AM »
YES - International, or Italian (?), law changed due to the Costa Concordia incident. Before the ship owner, his staff and national authorities ashore were responsible to ensure that the ship was seaworthy, properly manned and according to the rules. From now, or 2015, on the Master aboard is responsible for everything and, if anything is not right, he/she is jailed. It makes life easy for plenty twerps like you and Wikipedia, the latter just up-dating its nonsense June 2018.
It's hard to take you seriously as an expert on safety at sea, or anything else, when you say such stupid things.

Heiwa

« Reply #9462 on: July 04, 2018, 09:14:30 AM »
It's hard to take you seriously as an expert on safety at sea, or anything else, when you say such stupid things.
Well, you are a twerp and I don't take you seriously. Of course, any Master of a ship is not responsible of everything on the ship. He/she must rely on others. It is team work. Prove me wrong and collect €1M - http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9463 on: July 04, 2018, 11:36:03 AM »
Well, you are a twerp and I don't take you seriously. Of course, any Master of a ship is not responsible of everything on the ship. He/she must rely on others. It is team work.
Yes, the captain is responsible for everything on the ship.  He delegates various duties to his officers and crew, but it's the captain's job to make sure that everyone else on the ship does their job.

« Reply #9464 on: July 04, 2018, 11:37:58 AM »
Well, you are a twerp and I don't take you seriously. Of course, any Master of a ship is not responsible of everything on the ship. He/she must rely on others. It is team work. Prove me wrong and collect €1M - http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm
If you want to be taken seriously, prove you have the money.
Until then you are a pathetic joke and complete failure.

?

frenat

« Reply #9465 on: July 04, 2018, 12:20:58 PM »
Only reason I post here is post #1 of this thread. Some lying, cheating Flat Earth Believer twerp suggested he had won my Challenge. I don't like that (he was lying), BUT I like that my serious Challenge is being discussed. It is about describing spacecrafts flying to the Moon or planet Mars from Earth. It is impossible but plenty twerps believe they can do it. And when asked how, they wet/shit their pants.
My biz is safety at sea. If the Earth was flat of limited size, I assume there would be some maritime warnings of sailing over the edge ... but there are none. There is no edge anywhere obviously. Many years ago I discussed the matter with a male albatross that landed on my ship. I wondered why he was flying around in the middle of the ocean. He just answered that his wife were home looking after the baby albatrosses and he flow around the globe.
he was not a flat Earth believer.  More LIES from Heiwa.
Your "challenge", in your own words, is not a serious challenge when YOU say it is unwinnable.  More LIES from Heiwa.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #9466 on: July 04, 2018, 02:26:26 PM »
If you want to be taken seriously, prove you have the money.
Until then you are a pathetic joke and complete failure.

That's a bit rough don't you think? Only twerps don't respect their elders

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Heiwa

« Reply #9467 on: July 04, 2018, 06:39:10 PM »
Well, you are a twerp and I don't take you seriously. Of course, any Master of a ship is not responsible of everything on the ship. He/she must rely on others. It is team work.
Yes, the captain is responsible for everything on the ship.  He delegates various duties to his officers and crew, but it's the captain's job to make sure that everyone else on the ship does their job.
Well, how does a ship owner find such a fantastic person that is responsible for everything? You just confirm that you are a twerp, i.e. a fool and contemptible person with no knowledge of reality. But you are not alone. Take Donald Trump for example. He just made a 'deal' with a Korean twerp, they shook hands and the 'deal' was valid and the world was saved. LOL!
Topic is however my Challenge! Twerps believe that humans can fly in space because someone told them that and they have seen it on TV. But when I offer these twerps €1M to provide evidence for it, e.g. calculate fuel required, they wet their pants and become obnoxious. And they just confirm what they are. Twerps!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9468 on: July 04, 2018, 07:33:18 PM »
Well, how does a ship owner find such a fantastic person that is responsible for everything?
You're the expert, you tell me.  What do you think that the ship's captain should be responsible for and where would you find someone who could handle those responsibilities?

You just confirm that you are a twerp, i.e. a fool and contemptible person with no knowledge of reality.
And you confirm that you know nothing about the command structure of a ship (or much of anything else).

Heiwa

« Reply #9469 on: July 04, 2018, 11:27:45 PM »
Well, how does a ship owner find such a fantastic person that is responsible for everything?
You're the expert, you tell me.  What do you think that the ship's captain should be responsible for and where would you find someone who could handle those responsibilities?

Thanks for asking. A ship captain has many duties (responsibilities)  to fulfill and #1 is to carry out the instructions given by the ship owner ashore. It is the ship owner that makes the Ship Safety Management System used aboard, which defines in a manual the duties of each crew member. It is quite clear that the captain is not responsible for everything. It is the ship's chief engineer that is responsible for the machinery, and I can assure you most captains haven't a clue what is going down in the engine room. Some duties cannot even be delegated to crew members, e.g. the structural integrity of the ship. For that the ship owner employs external experts, e.g. like me.
Anyway, it is the ship owner that collects all money earned. Many ship captains just regard themselves as bus drivers steering the ship from A to B and back to A or C with little time for anything else as all other duties are carried out by other crew members and people ashore. You are a twerp, markjo, so thanks for asking. I hope you have learnt something.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9470 on: July 05, 2018, 06:36:50 AM »
Many ship captains just regard themselves as bus drivers steering the ship from A to B and back to A or C with little time for anything else as all other duties are carried out by other crew members and people ashore.
Then you admit that the captain of the Costa Concordia failed in his one task of steering the ship.  After all, I'm sure that the instructions from the ship owners didn't include steering the ship into a great big rock close to shore.  I'm glad to see that we're making progress.

By the way, even a bus driver is responsible for the safety of his passengers and the safe operation of his bus.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 06:58:33 AM by markjo »

« Reply #9471 on: July 05, 2018, 08:01:21 AM »

Thanks for asking. A ship captain has many duties (responsibilities)  to fulfill and #1 is to carry out the instructions given by the ship owner ashore. It is the ship owner that makes the Ship Safety Management System used aboard, which defines in a manual the duties of each crew member. It is quite clear that the captain is not responsible for everything. It is the ship's chief engineer that is responsible for the machinery, and I can assure you most captains haven't a clue what is going down in the engine room. Some duties cannot even be delegated to crew members, e.g. the structural integrity of the ship. For that the ship owner employs external experts, e.g. like me.
Anyway, it is the ship owner that collects all money earned. Many ship captains just regard themselves as bus drivers steering the ship from A to B and back to A or C with little time for anything else as all other duties are carried out by other crew members and people ashore. You are a twerp, markjo, so thanks for asking. I hope you have learnt something.
Experts like you?  But you have said that you are basically a plumber for a ship. All you know how to do is deal with human waste.
Why are you such a liar and failure?

Heiwa

« Reply #9472 on: July 05, 2018, 08:20:43 AM »
Many ship captains just regard themselves as bus drivers steering the ship from A to B and back to A or C with little time for anything else as all other duties are carried out by other crew members and people ashore.
Then you admit that the captain of the Costa Concordia failed in his one task of steering the ship.  After all, I'm sure that the instructions from the ship owners didn't include steering the ship into a great big rock close to shore.  I'm glad to see that we're making progress.

By the way, even a bus driver is responsible for the safety of his passengers and the safe operation of his bus.
I just describe my findings of the incident in writing at http://heiwaco.com/news8.htm . Why would I admit anything? I just write and publish my findings.
Normally a helmsman steers the ship, BUT, I know many captains that love to steer their ships in and out of ports with the helmsman watching, etc.
Contacting a submerged rock below water I consider an incident. Happens often.
I am happy that you start to learn a little about life at sea. BTW, have you ever been at sea?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9473 on: July 05, 2018, 09:02:56 AM »
Normally a helmsman steers the ship, BUT, I know many captains that love to steer their ships in and out of ports with the helmsman watching, etc.
Was the captain of the Costa Concordia steering his ship into or out of port when the ship hit the rock?

Who's fault is it when a ship contacts a submerged rock?  Did the ship's owner on shore order the captain to contact that rock?

Heiwa

« Reply #9474 on: July 05, 2018, 09:36:50 AM »
Was the captain of the Costa Concordia steering his ship into or out of port when the ship hit the rock?

Who's fault is it when a ship contacts a submerged rock?  Did the ship's owner on shore order the captain to contact that rock?

No, the captain didn't steer Costa Concordia. It was an Indonesian helmsman, who didn't know the Italian language and maybe misunderstood orders given in English by the Italian captain. It seems the captain ordered ship to turn right and the helmsman turned left ... or the steering gears/rudders didn't work. Everything is unclear.I explain it at http://heiwaco.com/news8.htm . Have your read it?
The objective of any maritime incident investigation is to find out the proximate cause of, in this case, a contact between a ship hull and a submerged rock, that nobody saw. I doubt the ship owner ordered the ship to contact the rock. Only twerps think so. Have you ever been to sea? You sound like a land lubber twerp. Can you swim?
Anyway, most crew aboard Costa Concorida was underpaid, Asian slave labor that couldn't even launch lifeboats and life rafts in an emergency. Or the ones that could were on vacation. My recommendation - avoid cheap cruises. You only meet twerps aboard.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9475 on: July 05, 2018, 10:05:22 AM »
No, the captain didn't steer Costa Concordia. It was an Indonesian helmsman, who didn't know the Italian language and maybe misunderstood orders given in English by the Italian captain.
So captain didn't think that it was important to have a helmsman who could understand the orders that he was giving?

It seems the captain ordered ship to turn right and the helmsman turned left ... or the steering gears/rudders didn't work. Everything is unclear.
So, in other words, your "investigation" was pretty much useless because you don't know what happened or why.

Heiwa

« Reply #9476 on: July 05, 2018, 12:00:55 PM »
No, the captain didn't steer Costa Concordia. It was an Indonesian helmsman, who didn't know the Italian language and maybe misunderstood orders given in English by the Italian captain.
So captain didn't think that it was important to have a helmsman who could understand the orders that he was giving?

It seems the captain ordered ship to turn right and the helmsman turned left ... or the steering gears/rudders didn't work. Everything is unclear.
So, in other words, your "investigation" was pretty much useless because you don't know what happened or why.
It seems the captain was not happy with the helmsman provided by the ship owner's agent at Indonesia. Everyone agrees the helmsman didn't follow orders given. But maybe the steering gear didn't work?
My investigation is quite useful as it provides plenty observations not considered by the Italian authorities. I do it pro bono for my friend Francesco Schettino. Plenty twerps get upset about it as usual. Haven't I seen it before?
Fake atomic bombs 1945! Fake human moon travel 1969! Fake bow visor failure 1994! Fake Arab top down skyscraper collapses 2001.
Only twerps believe in atomic bombs, human moon travel, silent bow visor failure and 911 Arabs flying around.
http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm .

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9477 on: July 05, 2018, 12:46:56 PM »

It seems the captain was not happy with the helmsman provided by the ship owner's agent at Indonesia. Everyone agrees the helmsman didn't follow orders given.
As I recall, the helmsman (as well as 3 others) was also convicted for his part in the incident, so it seems that the captain was not the only scapegoat.

But maybe the steering gear didn't work?
Why do you say "maybe"?  Didn't your investigation include an inspection of the steering system?

My investigation is quite useful as it provides plenty observations not considered by the Italian authorities.
Just because the Italian authorities came to a different conclusion than you did doesn't mean that they didn't consider those observations.

I do it pro bono for my friend Francesco Schettino.
And it sounds like he got exactly his money's worth from your "investigation".

Heiwa

« Reply #9478 on: July 05, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »

It seems the captain was not happy with the helmsman provided by the ship owner's agent at Indonesia. Everyone agrees the helmsman didn't follow orders given.
As I recall, the helmsman (as well as 3 others) was also convicted for his part in the incident, so it seems that the captain was not the only scapegoat.

But maybe the steering gear didn't work?
Why do you say "maybe"?  Didn't your investigation include an inspection of the steering system?

My investigation is quite useful as it provides plenty observations not considered by the Italian authorities.
Just because the Italian authorities came to a different conclusion than you did doesn't mean that they didn't consider those observations.

I do it pro bono for my friend Francesco Schettino.
And it sounds like he got exactly his money's worth from your "investigation".

No, all concerned parties got away except Francesco Schettino, the Italian Master responsible for everything. The ship owner just paid USD 1M to avoid further litigation.
However when US destroyers USS Fitzgerald and USS John S. McCain collided with merchant ships last year the USN masters and sailors were found guilty of negligence and punished. Weren't the Masters simply shot?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9479 on: July 05, 2018, 08:05:49 PM »
No, all concerned parties got away except Francesco Schettino, the Italian Master responsible for everything.
So I guess now the news media is part of the cover up. ::)
A court in Italy has convicted five people on charges of manslaughter and negligence for the shipwreck of the Costa Concordia off Tuscany last year that left 32 passengers and crew dead.

The court at Grosseto, the city nearest the spot where the Costa Concordia ran aground in January 2012, accepted plea bargains for the cruise ship's helmsman, cabin service director, two bridge officers and the head of the company's crisis team.

The sentences handed down by the court:

-- Director of the crisis unit, Roberto Ferrarini: 2 years, 10 months

-- Cabin Service Director Manrico Giampedroni: 2 1/2 years

-- First Officer Ciro Ambrosio: 1 year, 11 months

-- Helmsman Jacob Rusli Bin: 1 year, 8 months

-- Third Officer Silvia Coronica: 1 1/2 years