I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies
?

frenat

Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #3930 on: April 14, 2016, 07:11:28 AM »

Since he doesn't have the money anyway it doesn't really matter.

The money is there. I check it daily. It is neither green nor golden but black on white.
then prove it.  You have repeated avoided requests to prove it.

You just have to calculate the amount of fuel (kg) required for a simple, manned space trip, and it is yours. I do not ask for more.

I cannot understand why all these experts of space travel cannot calculate the fuel required for a simple trip to the Moon.
You were given the answer multiple times on multiple forums (most notably on apollohoax.net), proved you didn't understand the basic concepts involved and then got caught changing the rules.

Noone has been able to tell me the fuel (kg) required to go to the Moon. It is a simple question. Is it 1 kg or 1 000 000 kg or 123456789 kg? Whatever it is, you must explain how you added it up or down. If you can add. 1 + 1 = ?.

I have a feeling you haven't got a clue? You just believe. You are a dreamer. Live in fantasy. Don't know anything. But it is not your fault. Blame someone else!
That is a lie.  You were told MULTIPLE times on apollohoax.net alone.  And AGAIN you avoid proving you even have the money.  I'm betting you don't. 

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #3931 on: April 14, 2016, 08:16:45 AM »
Noone has been able to tell me the fuel (kg) required to go to the Moon. It is a simple question.
That's like asking how much fuel it takes to cross the Atlantic Ocean.  The amount of fuel required depends on a lot of things, not the least of which being the size and mass of payload that you want to send to the moon.

You are 100% right. So the Challenger choses the things, incl. size and mass of payload she/he plans to send to the Moon/Mars to win my Challenge. But let's keep it simple. You intend to send x kg to the Moon. Show me that y kg fuel do the job! Don't moan about Delta Vs and trans-lunar-heres-theres, etc. BUT it seems a re-entry is done with 0 kg fuel. Just tell me how! If not you are a LOOSER!

It depends on the kind of reentry. Some are motor assisted iirc.
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #3932 on: April 14, 2016, 08:52:08 AM »

The money is there. I check it daily. It is neither green nor golden but black on white.

You just have to calculate the amount of fuel (kg) required for a simple, manned space trip, and it is yours. I do not ask for more.

I cannot understand why all these experts of space travel cannot calculate the fuel required for a simple trip to the Moon.
You were given the answer multiple times on multiple forums (most notably on apollohoax.net), proved you didn't understand the basic concepts involved and then got caught changing the rules.

Noone has been able to tell me the fuel (kg) required to go to the Moon. It is a simple question. Is it 1 kg or 1 000 000 kg or 123456789 kg? Whatever it is, you must explain how you added it up or down. If you can add. 1 + 1 = ?.

I have a feeling you haven't got a clue? You just believe. You are a dreamer. Live in fantasy. Don't know anything. But it is not your fault. Blame someone else!
That is a lie.  You were told MULTIPLE times on apollohoax.net alone.  And AGAIN you avoid proving you even have the money.  I'm betting you don't.

Sorry, you are inventing things like many other here.

Noone has been able to inform masses (kg) of spacecrafts and to calculate the amount of fuel (kg) required for a simple trip to the Moon, so noone has done a correct application to win my simple Challenge since I started the Challenge many years ago.

Easiest is to check with NASA that has done several manned trips to the Moon. I have done it myself. But the figures never adds up. The masses of the spacecrafts in orbit around Earth ready to blast off towards the Moon are one day 100 000 kg and the next day 300 000 kg and if you ask how they got it off the ground in the first place NASA refers to some super rockets that has not been built since 1973 details of which have been lost somewhere in Alabama. Same with the fuel! Media that reported the trips cannot assist either. Weights? Fuel? No idea. NASA said they did it, and media just reported what they were told.

I have a distinct feeling NASA just invented the whole thing.

?

frenat

« Reply #3933 on: April 14, 2016, 08:55:05 AM »

Noone has been able to inform masses (kg) of spacecrafts and to calculate the amount of fuel (kg) required for a simple trip to the Moon, so noone has done a correct application to win my simple Challenge since I started the Challenge many years ago.

Easiest is to check with NASA that has done several manned trips to the Moon. I have done it myself. But the figures never adds up. The masses of the spacecrafts in orbit around Earth ready to blast off towards the Moon are one day 100 000 kg and the next day 300 000 kg and if you ask how they got it off the ground in the first place NASA refers to some super rockets that has not been built since 1973 details of which have been lost somewhere in Alabama. Same with the fuel! Media that reported the trips cannot assist either. Weights? Fuel? No idea. NASA said they did it, and media just reported what they were told.

Again you lie and AGAIN you avoid proving you have the money.  Everyone knows you don't understand orbital mechanics or rocket equations.  You've proven that multiple times so your tale of the "figures never adds up" is really just you not understanding what you're looking at.  But it doesn't matter anyway because you don't even have the money, do you?

Heiwa

« Reply #3934 on: April 14, 2016, 09:51:29 AM »

Again you lie and AGAIN you avoid proving you have the money.  Everyone knows you don't understand orbital mechanics or rocket equations.  You've proven that multiple times so your tale of the "figures never adds up" is really just you not understanding what you're looking at.  But it doesn't matter anyway because you don't even have the money, do you?

Of course I have the money. Do you suggest I am poor and not serious? But you seem to be clever. So let's do a test about dynamics in 3D space:

Your spacecraft - mass without fuel is 45 000 kg - and is in EPO - say altitude 300 000 m and speed 7 500 m/s. How it got there is another question ignored for the moment. Now you want to speed off your 45 000 kg spacecraft to the Moon.

First questions: What force (N) is required for it,  how long (seconds) is it applied and what is your speed (m/s) leaving orbit, when the force is no longer applied?

I assume the force was applied by an external rocket attached to your spacecraft and directed towards the Moon orbit. How it got there is another question.

Second questions: What was the mass (kg) of the external rocket and how much fuel (kg) was required to produce the force to send your spacecraft to the Moon orbit?

I assume you use the best rocket engine(s) available.

Third questions: What is your speed (m/s), location (altitude (m) re Earth) and direction (re Moon) one, 10 and 50 hours after having applied the force.

Show that you are clever and can do basic space travel calculations.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:01:43 AM by Heiwa »

?

frenat

« Reply #3935 on: April 14, 2016, 09:53:44 AM »

Of course I have the money. Do you suggest I am poor and not serious? But you seem to be clever. So let's do a test:

Your spacecraft - mass without fuel is 45 000 kg - and is in EPO - say altitude 300 000 m and speed 7 500 m/s. How it got there is another question ignored for the moment. Now you want to speed off your 45 000 kg spacecraft to the Moon.

First questions: What force is required for it and how long is it applied and what is your speed leaving orbit?

I assume the force was applied by an external rocket attached to your spacecraft and directed towards the Moon. How it got there is another question.

Second questions: What was the mass of the external rocket and how much fuel was required to produce the
force to send your spacecraft to the Moon?

Third questions: What is your speed, location and direction one, 10 and 50 hours after having applied the force?

Show that you are clever and can do basic space travel calculations.
I suggest that after multiple requests in the past few years you have repeatedly avoided proving you have the money.  Prove it.  The rest of your post is nothing but a distraction from the fact that yet AGAIN you are avoiding proving you even have the money.  Any reply other than a proof that you have the money will be taken as an admission that you do NOT have the funds available.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:12:22 AM by frenat »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3936 on: April 14, 2016, 10:03:21 AM »

And I have a distinct feeling that you are being deliberately obtuse.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #3937 on: April 14, 2016, 10:17:37 AM »
I suggest that after multiple requests in the past few years you have repeatedly avoided proving you have the money.  Prove it.  The rest of your post is nothing but a distraction from the fact that yet AGAIN you are avoiding proving you even have the money.

Re the money it has been clarified several times over the past 16 months. It is in the bank. Now show that you can do basic space dynamic calculations. I will help:

Start velocity was 7500 m/s. You want to speed out of orbit at 11 500 m/s to reach the Moon. Difference is 4 000 m/s. You apply the force during 200 seconds which means that you will accelerate at 20 m/sē.  And your mass is constant 45 000 kg. So the force applied is 900 000 N.
Now select a rocket engine that can produce 900 000 N.
You can of course use a smaller rocket engine producing only 450 000 N but then you have to apply the force 400 seconds.
Regardless. How much fuel (kg) is required?
Don't forget that you must also accelerate the masses of the rocket/fuel also, when you accelerate your spacecraft! 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:19:13 AM by Heiwa »

Heiwa

« Reply #3938 on: April 14, 2016, 10:26:36 AM »

On the contrary - I am intelligent with a quick mind understanding fast ... with good humour. I invented the Challenge that causes so much ... objections. It is my pleasure. My CV is available at my website.

?

frenat

« Reply #3939 on: April 14, 2016, 10:36:56 AM »
I suggest that after multiple requests in the past few years you have repeatedly avoided proving you have the money.  Prove it.  The rest of your post is nothing but a distraction from the fact that yet AGAIN you are avoiding proving you even have the money.

Re the money it has been clarified several times over the past 16 months. It is in the bank.

PROVE IT.  You have NOT clarified anything.  You are AGAIN trying to distract from the fact that you are NOT proving you have the money.  Stop stalling.

Any reply other than a proof that you have the money will be taken as an admission that you do NOT have the funds available.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 10:40:19 AM by frenat »

« Reply #3940 on: April 14, 2016, 11:21:01 AM »
And your mass is constant 45 000 kg. So the force applied is 900 000 N.
You can of course use a smaller rocket engine producing only 450 000 N but then you have to apply the force 400 seconds.
Don't forget that you must also accelerate the masses of the rocket/fuel also, when you accelerate your spacecraft!
If you're burning fuel, why would the mass be constant?

Heiwa

« Reply #3941 on: April 14, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »

Re the money it has been clarified several times over the past 16 months. It is in the bank.

PROVE IT.  You have NOT clarified anything.  You are AGAIN trying to distract from the fact that you are NOT proving you have the money.  Stop stalling.

Any reply other than a proof that you have the money will be taken as an admission that you do NOT have the funds available.
Topic is my Challenge that mikeman7918 thought he had won January 2015 - see post #1. He hadn't so the prize money remained with me, where it still is. Don't worry about the prize money. Try to win the Challenge instead.

?

frenat

« Reply #3942 on: April 14, 2016, 12:01:20 PM »

Topic is my Challenge that mikeman7918 thought he had won January 2015 - see post #1. He hadn't so the prize money remained with me, where it still is. Don't worry about the prize money. Try to win the Challenge instead.
and again you avoid proving you have the money.  Thank you for proving you don't have the funds.

Heiwa

« Reply #3943 on: April 14, 2016, 12:06:21 PM »
And your mass is constant 45 000 kg. So the force applied is 900 000 N.
If you're burning fuel, why would the mass be constant?

The little Apollo 11 spacecraft with mass say 45 000 kg had no own fuel or rocket capability to escape from Earth Parking Orbit, EPO, 1969.
It was arranged by a separate rocket with fuel tanks attached to it. The mass and fuel of this latter rocket is a mystery. NASA has informed different values.

On one hand NASA says that X tons of fuel (say 250 tons) was required to send Apollo 11 to the Moon but X tons could not be lifted into EPO by existing rockets 1969. So NASA has said that only Y tons of fuel (say 75 tons) was lifted into EPO but then Apollo 11 could not be sent off to the Moon.

Part of the Challenge is therefore to establish how much fuel is required to escape from EPO to get to the Moon.

Another part of the Challenge is to ensure that you can lift that fuel into EPO.

NASA has informed it has not that capability 2016.

IMO NASA didn't have that capability 1969.

Any Challenger must resolve the mystery.

It seems the only possibility is to use many separate rockets to transport the fuel into EPO and create a fuel filling up station there and fill the rocket that shall send the spacecraft on to the Moon from that station.

It doesn't solve the problem with re-entry though. 

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:17:21 PM by Heiwa »

Heiwa

« Reply #3944 on: April 14, 2016, 12:08:09 PM »

and again you avoid proving you have the money.  Thank you for proving you don't have the funds.
Don't worry about the prize money. Try to win the Challenge instead.

?

frenat

« Reply #3945 on: April 14, 2016, 12:22:48 PM »

And again you avoid proving you have the money.  Each post you make without providing proof just makes it clear the money does not exist.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #3946 on: April 14, 2016, 12:47:07 PM »

On the contrary - I am intelligent with a quick mind understanding fast ... with good humour. I invented the Challenge that causes so much ... objections. It is my pleasure. My CV is available at my website.
If you're so intelligent, then why do you believe that the problems of manned space flight and reentry are completely insurmountable?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #3947 on: April 14, 2016, 01:45:24 PM »

Your Challenge is unwinnable while you are the judge because your understanding is insufficient to properly assess a winning submission. Either appoint an independent assessor or stop banging on about your Challenge.

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #3948 on: April 14, 2016, 02:02:31 PM »

Your Challenge is unwinnable while you are the judge because your understanding is insufficient to properly assess a winning submission. Either appoint an independent assessor or stop banging on about your Challenge.

You could take the money for the assessor out of the prize money. I don't think the winner would mind.
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

?

Woody

« Reply #3949 on: April 14, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »

You have been given the proper formula and errors in yours have been pointed out previously.

You: The problem is to change direction and velocity, particularly to change velocity from, e.g. 2400 to 1500 m/s at arrival the Moon. According my calculations you need >46 000 kg of fuel to do it.

Answer given: And your calculations are dead wrong. The actual figures are as follows for Apollo 11 LOI #1 (first lunar orbit insertion burn):

Mass of CSM/LM at ignition: 96,061.6 lbm
Mass of CSM/LM at shutdown: 72,037.6 lbm
Propellant used: 96,061.6 - 72,037.6 = 24,024 lbm = 10,897.1 kg
Velocity at ignition: 8250 ft/s = 2514.6 m/s
Velocity at shutdown: 5479 ft/s = 1670 m/s
Velocity change = abs(8250 - 5479) =  2771 ft/s = 844.6 m/s

Now consider the Tsiolkovsky rocket equation:

delta-V = Ve * ln(mass_at_ignition/mass_at_shutdown)

We want to know if these numbers are reasonable for the rocket engine in use, so let's solve for Ve, the effective exhaust velocity of the rocket engine:

Ve = delta-V / ln(mass_at_ignition/mass_at_shutdown)
= 844.6 m/s / ln(1.33349)
= 2934.7 m/s

This corresponds to an Isp of 2934.7 / 9.80665 = 299 seconds. This is just under the nominal Isp for a large hypergolic rocket engine burning these propellants. (I expected a very small discrepancy because the altitude of the CSM/LM was not precisely constant during the burn.)

Note that the kinetic energy (in any coordinate frame) of the spacecraft doesn't even enter into it. Only the change in velocity matters, and it'll be the same in any inertial reference frame you choose. The kinetic energy won't be, and that alone should tell you that you've made a mistake by thinking it's important.

http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=269.msg7976#msg7976

You have been given the proper equations, shown where your calculations are wrong, given links to the information you say NASA does not make available.

Why not share with us why the current understanding of orbital mechanics, aerodynamics, thermodynamics, Newton's laws, Kepler's laws or anything regarding space flight is wrong?

Why not show us why any of the below is wrong:

1.delta v= effective exhaust velocity * In (initial mass/mass after engine shut down)

2. The vector sum of the forces F on an object is equal to the mass m of that object multiplied by the acceleration vector a of the object: F = ma.

3. When viewed in an inertial reference frame, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by a force.

4.  How about pick one thing from the link provided below and show us where it is wrong:

http://www.braeunig.us/space/propuls.htm

You seem not to like to back up your argument beyond calling people names, saying something can not be done, claiming information is not available and not recalling people answering your questions.  Well I am giving you a simple challenge to prove any of the above wrong in the same manner as it is provided in the link just above.  Which uses things like Newton's and Kepler's laws.  Which are called laws because they have been rigorously tested and validated over generations numerous times prior to the existence of NASA.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:40:31 PM by Woody »

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #3950 on: April 14, 2016, 04:20:55 PM »

If you want anyone to do the challenge, you're going to need to create a legally binding document describing the exact requirements for fulfilling the challenge, as well as the manner and timeframe of payment. 

You also need to purchase a copy of Kerbal Space Program, so that you will actually be qualified to judge the challenge.  You're offering €1,000,000, so $40 USD won't be a problem for you.  Doing the challenge won't be much of a problem for me, but going through years of trying to convince you that your preconceptions of space travel are wrong?  Major turn-off. 
Aerospace Engineering Student
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate
More qualified to speak for NASA than you are to speak against them

Heiwa

« Reply #3951 on: April 14, 2016, 07:21:29 PM »

If you're so intelligent, then why do you believe that the problems of manned space flight and reentry are completely insurmountable?
I explain it at my website. You need plenty fuel to get away from Earth and you get too heavy to do it in one go. You must fill up in orbit. But even if you do it, you will never arrive at the Moon and land there. You'll get lost under  way.
The return is even more impossible. Earth gravity is too strong and will pull you too hard towards ground and vaporize you. Re-entry is impossible. Manned space travel is a hoax. NASA is a hoax. Great fun though. See how easy it is to fool people using media and propaganda. People believe anything they see/hear on TV presented as news even if it is just made up fantasies.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:23:02 PM by Heiwa »

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #3952 on: April 14, 2016, 08:04:46 PM »

I explain it at my website. You need plenty fuel to get away from Earth and you get too heavy to do it in one go. You must fill up in orbit. But even if you do it, you will never arrive at the Moon and land there. You'll get lost under  way.
The return is even more impossible. Earth gravity is too strong and will pull you too hard towards ground and vaporize you. Re-entry is impossible. Manned space travel is a hoax. NASA is a hoax. Great fun though. See how easy it is to fool people using media and propaganda. People believe anything they see/hear on TV presented as news even if it is just made up fantasies.
We've already outlined repeatedly the reasons that reentry is not impossible, that manned space travel is not a hoax, and that you are not qualified to judge this challenge. 
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

Heiwa

« Reply #3953 on: April 14, 2016, 10:00:41 PM »

We've already outlined repeatedly the reasons that reentry is not impossible, that manned space travel is not a hoax, and that you are not qualified to judge this challenge.

You haven't. You are just obsessed. Reason is you have not won my Challenge.

Blue_Moon

• Defender of NASA
« Reply #3954 on: April 14, 2016, 10:32:50 PM »

I've told you before, you need to make a legally binding document that explicitly states the requirements of the challenge and the manner in which the award will be paid.  Do so, and then I might try your challenge.  It won't be too difficult for me.
NASA Enthusiast
Round Earth Advocate

Heiwa

« Reply #3955 on: April 14, 2016, 11:32:11 PM »

I've told you before, you need to make a legally binding document that explicitly states the requirements of the challenge and the manner in which the award will be paid.  Do so, and then I might try your challenge.  It won't be too difficult for me.
According my legal council the webpage http://heiwaco.com/chall.htm is legally binding so you are kindly invited to prepare your application. The award will be paid by bank transfer. Any legal disputes will be handled by Tribunal de Grande Instance, Nice, France, evidently in the language of Voltaire & Co. Do you know Voltaire?
How do you intend to do your trip? Filling up in EPO before you blast off to the Moon? And how to land on the Moon? Staying in orbit using a little landing module? And how to get back? Do you have enough fuel? How do you arrive at the upper atmosphere at the right location, direction and time? What is your arrival speed up there? 12345 m/s? Isn't it very, very fast? Anyway, good luck!
Personally I see no reason whatsoever for humans in space. What's wrong with a solid robot? BTW - have your spaceship a WC? How does it work?

« Reply #3956 on: April 14, 2016, 11:50:28 PM »
Fine.Please give the name, adress and phone number of your council. I'll phone him directly.

Heiwa

« Reply #3957 on: April 15, 2016, 12:04:00 AM »
Fine.Please give the name, adress and phone number of your council. I'll phone him directly.
I don't think she wants to talk to you. Any questions, etc, must be posed to me. My full style is at my web page.

« Reply #3958 on: April 15, 2016, 12:25:56 AM »
I don't think she wants to talk to you. Any questions, etc, must be posed to me. My full style is at my web page.
You are not a lawyer and your opinion is irrelevant here.
Please identify your council as you have involved her yourself. She will be phoned by myself this morning. Are you afraid of a single and innocent phone call asking for legal clarifications?

Heiwa

« Reply #3959 on: April 15, 2016, 12:37:23 AM »
You are not a lawyer and your opinion is irrelevant here.
Please identify your council as you have involved her yourself. She will be phoned by myself this morning. Are you afraid of a single and innocent phone call asking for legal clarifications?
My opinion is very relevant here. I don't want my council being phoned by sick, crazy, stupid crackbrained persons, etc. It is better I handle those twirps in my normal, curtly manner.