I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies

Arith

Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #1110 on: March 29, 2015, 04:30:30 AM »

Or is this whack-job Bjφrkman now claiming to be knowledgeable in aeronautics and astrophysics?  How does one make that leap from a grease monkey who changes the oil and pumps diesel for a boat engine?

You must be new here :)

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #1111 on: March 29, 2015, 05:23:32 AM »

By the way, I am using space travel jargon that you probably won't understand to try to force you to do research on the topic.

PS The video is really bad. 100% CGI with no math. Looks like the 911 WTC 1/2 top down global collapses (the Heiwa 1 challenge). 

Yeah, it's a simulator.  What do you expect?  Did you think that it would contain actual footage from the Apollo missions or something?  I made it to prove that it's possible to do the Apollo mission with the AMSO mod in Orbiter, and if you want to check the code then nothing is preventing you from doing that.

For being a 17 years old Utah mormon you are quite good at NASA space travel jargon. I am not really impressed. But curious. Why?

Heiwa

« Reply #1112 on: March 29, 2015, 05:25:54 AM »
In above figure I just see a green moving point passing a stationary blue point. If the blue point moves left the green point will collide with the blue point.  Suggest you improve the presentation with two moving points, etc, etc.

I think all gravity kicks are religious illusions.
Which is why he must be wearing that sexy blue boiler suit in his avatar?

Although I have to admit the LED flashlight and the hard hat are a nice convincing touch... very professional.

Thanks for admitting anything.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #1113 on: March 29, 2015, 07:00:46 AM »

By the way, I am using space travel jargon that you probably won't understand to try to force you to do research on the topic.

PS The video is really bad. 100% CGI with no math. Looks like the 911 WTC 1/2 top down global collapses (the Heiwa 1 challenge). 

Yeah, it's a simulator.  What do you expect?  Did you think that it would contain actual footage from the Apollo missions or something?  I made it to prove that it's possible to do the Apollo mission with the AMSO mod in Orbiter, and if you want to check the code then nothing is preventing you from doing that.

For being a 17 years old Utah mormon you are quite good at NASA space travel jargon. I am not really impressed. But curious. Why?
What does his age and location have to do with being able to understand things?  Maybe he has a keen interest in space and its exploration.  Maybe he aspires to become an astronaut?  Either way, it seems he does research on the subject and then forms an argument that is well thought out and coherent. 
So tell me, what is wrong with that?

ausGeoff

« Reply #1114 on: March 29, 2015, 07:59:49 AM »

Better to be a 17-year-old Mormon than a geriatric, out of work grease monkey LOL.

Heiwa

« Reply #1115 on: March 29, 2015, 08:06:50 AM »

What does his age and location have to do with being able to understand things?  Maybe he has a keen interest in space and its exploration.  Maybe he aspires to become an astronaut?  Either way, it seems he does research on the subject and then forms an argument that is well thought out and coherent. 

Nothing. She/he has been a member here four months and makes >16 nonsense posts/day and claim being a winner. IMO a winer. The video posted was rubbish.

ausGeoff

« Reply #1116 on: March 29, 2015, 08:15:48 AM »
The video posted was rubbish.

And judging by your web site(s) you're certainly well-qualified to recognise rubbish.  Or maybe not?

?

BJ1234

« Reply #1117 on: March 29, 2015, 08:22:17 AM »

Nothing.
OK so that was nothing more than a personal attack against the user then.  OK got it.

She/he has been a member here four months and makes >16 nonsense posts/day
More irrelevant information.

and claim being a winner.
The show him how he is wrong.  Don't just wave your hands about.
IMO a winer.
Yes another attack.
The video posted was rubbish.
What made it rubbish?  Please enlighten us.  And don't just go and say, well because space travel is impossible.  You have yet to show us how it is impossible.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1118 on: March 29, 2015, 09:39:23 AM »

I am really interested in space travel, science, technology, math, computers, and things like that which is why I have speant so much time studying it.  I also have aspergers which means (among other things) that I have a certain set of topics that I am extremely interested in.  I plan on having a career in the aerospace industry, probobaly as a space craft engineer.

Now that you have attempted to skillfully avoid most of my points, could you please address my points and answer my question: assuming space travel is real is it possible to win your challenge?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Arith

« Reply #1119 on: March 29, 2015, 09:58:23 AM »

I am really interested in space travel, science, technology, math, computers, and things like that which is why I have speant so much time studying it.  I also have aspergers which means (among other things) that I have a certain set of topics that I am extremely interested in.  I plan on having a career in the aerospace industry, probobaly as a space craft engineer.

Now that you have attempted to skillfully avoid most of my points, could you please address my points and answer my question: assuming space travel is real is it possible to win your challenge?

Oh dude, don't tell him that. You KNOW he'll focus on your condition, and as per normal ignore everything else. He will try to throw out your entire argument based on this. Normally I'd say let him draw enough rope to hang himself with, but it doesn't work when you're too stupid to know you're already strung up like a dope on a rope. Anders.

Heiwa

« Reply #1120 on: March 29, 2015, 10:23:00 AM »

If human space travel is possible, it should be possible to win my Challenge.

But you really must fulfil the requirements of my Challenge to win it.

If you use a simulator to calculate certain manoeuvres - ok - but present it writing.

To suggest that just starting a rocket results in entering Moon orbit is no good. It is NASA/Buzz 1969 style. You must perform much better. How did you, e.g., arrive to the location starting the Moon orbit entry manoeuvre, etc. On ships at sea we draw the courses on our 2-D charts, etc. You must do something similar in 3-D space, I think. I don't want you to go off in the wrong direction and get completely lost.

At sea you may ran aground, if taking the wrong course. In space the risk is that you just disappear for ever. Maybe that is something to consider. Applies also to other clowns watching your show.

And I am curious to know what gloves your space travellers are using when outside the space craft.

I am also disappointed that you missed the NASA space craft landing at Utah but it was some years back. Then you could learn how to do a re-entry and land in your backyard or garden.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:27:45 AM by Heiwa »

?

BJ1234

« Reply #1121 on: March 29, 2015, 10:31:29 AM »

Nice circular reasoning. 
If human space flight is possible, it should be possible to win my Challenge.
Since my Challenge is completely biased, it is impossible to win my Challenge.
Since my Challenge is impossible to win, human space flight is impossible.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #1122 on: March 29, 2015, 11:11:43 AM »

What was your word that so buzzed Heiwa?
You really have an Asperger? Oh wow, you doesn't seem so nerdy-like.
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1123 on: March 29, 2015, 11:40:47 AM »

So is that a yes?

If you use a simulator to calculate certain manoeuvres - ok - but present it writing.

Why?  Isn't a simulator better then writing?

To suggest that just starting a rocket results in entering Moon orbit is no good. It is NASA/Buzz 1969 style. You must perform much better. How did you, e.g., arrive to the location starting the Moon orbit entry manoeuvre, etc.

I didn't just say that you turn on your engine when you get to the Moon, I said that you burn retrograde near lunar pedigree, or in other words you point the ship engine first and start the engine right before you reach the lowest point in your orbit.  To find the exact burn time and ignition time you take your speed at pedigree, subtract orbital velocity of the Moon at that altitude, divide that by the acceleration the engine induces on the space craft, and you have the burn time and you just need to divide that by 2 to find out what the time to pedigree should be when you start the burn.  I could provide more precise equations and stuff if it would help.

The trans lunar injection is slightly more complex, it includes n body calculations and orbital rendezvous stuff so it's almost impossible to calculate on paper.

Orbiter actually uses flight computers much like those on real space ships and it even simulates instrumental error.

On ships at sea we draw the courses on our 2-D charts, etc. You must do something similar in 3-D space, I think. I don't want you to go off in the wrong direction and get completely lost.

Navigating ships is not at all like navigating space ships, space ships use a lot of math and computer simulations to navigate and because of velocity and frame of reference stuff it's impossible to have all the necessary information to navigate a space ship on a 2D diagram.  I am doing my best to explain this stuff to you but it's really complicated and your lack of understanding cannot be used as proof that it's wrong.  You evidently have no idea how your computer works but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

At sea you may ran aground, if taking the wrong course. In space the risk is that you just disappear for ever. Maybe that is something to consider. Applies also to other clowns watching your show.

If you think that navigating a space craft is anything like navigating a boat then you have been watching too much Star Trek.

And I am curious to know what gloves your space travellers are using when outside the space craft.

Let me guess, next I have to explain the types of screws in the service module, how the astronauts went to the bathroom, the specs of the flight computer, the locking mechanism on the docking ports, and other irrelevant things.

I am also disappointed that you missed the NASA space craft landing at Utah but it was some years back. Then you could learn how to do a re-entry and land in your backyard or garden.

I wasn't even aware that that happened until you told me about it and not to mention I live over 500 miles from where it landed anyway.  I didn't even have a drivers license at the time too, so I couldn't have gone if I wanted to.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #1124 on: March 29, 2015, 11:43:45 AM »

So is that a yes?

To suggest that just starting a rocket results in entering Moon orbit is no good. It is NASA/Buzz 1969 style. You must perform much better. How did you, e.g., arrive to the location starting the Moon orbit entry manoeuvre, etc.

I didn't just say that you turn on your engine when you get to the Moon, I said that you burn retrograde near lunar pedigree, or in other words you point the ship engine first and start the engine right before you reach the lowest point in your orbit.  To find the exact burn time and ignition time you take your speed at pedigree, subtract orbital velocity of the Moon at that altitude, divide that by the acceleration the engine induces on the space craft, and you have the burn time and you just need to divide that by 2 to find out what the time to pedigree should be when you start the burn.  I could provide more precise equations and stuff if it would help.

The trans lunar injection is slightly more complex, it includes n body calculations and orbital rendezvous stuff so it's almost impossible to calculate on paper.

Orbiter actually uses flight computers much like those on real space ships and it even simulates instrumental error.

On ships at sea we draw the courses on our 2-D charts, etc. You must do something similar in 3-D space, I think. I don't want you to go off in the wrong direction and get completely lost.

Navigating ships is not at all like navigating space ships, space ships use a lot of math and computer simulations to navigate and because of velocity and frame of reference stuff it's impossible to have all the necessary information to navigate a space ship on a 2D diagram.  I am doing my best to explain this stuff to you but it's really complicated and your lack of understanding cannot be used as proof that it's wrong.  You evidently have no idea how your computer works but that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

If you think that navigating a space craft is anything like navigating a boat then you have been watching too much Star Trek.

Let me guess, next I have to explain the types of screws in the service module, how the astronauts went to the bathroom, the specs of the flight computer, the locking mechanism on the docking ports, and other irrelevant things.

I wasn't even aware that that happened until you told me about it and not to mention I live over 500 miles from where it landed anyway.  I didn't even have a drivers license at the time too, so I couldn't have gone if I wanted to.

What is a pedigree?
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1125 on: March 29, 2015, 12:01:39 PM »
What is a pedigree?

Orbits are ellipses and the body that's being orbited is always at one of the focuses of the ellipse.  The apogee is the highest point in the orbit and the pedigree is the lowest point, they are always exactly opposite of each other.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #1126 on: March 29, 2015, 12:17:54 PM »
What is a pedigree?

Orbits are ellipses and the body that's being orbited is always at one of the focuses of the ellipse.  The apogee is the highest point in the orbit and the pedigree is the lowest point, they are always exactly opposite of each other.
Think you mean perigee.  Not pedigree.  Or maybe autocorrect is the problem.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1127 on: March 29, 2015, 12:21:10 PM »
What is a pedigree?

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Heiwa

« Reply #1128 on: March 29, 2015, 12:24:17 PM »

So is that a yes?

I suggest you study the rules for the Challenge again and try to follow them in order to win. To argue with the judge (me) doesn't help. If you are only 17 you have plenty time to win. Just focus on the Challenge.

But it seems Utah is a violent place to be so maybe it is difficult for you? Just heard about the execution of Ronnie Lee Gardner there. Five Utah volonteers were ready to kill Ronnie Lee but only four got the chance. Poor Ronnie was secured one way or other and ... BANG, BANG, POUFF, BANG, BANG ... Ronnie Lee was legally killed by the volonteers. In Utah. Were you aware of it? Or you don't have a licence?

Nothing is irrelevant when winning the Challenge. Just follow the rules.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #1129 on: March 29, 2015, 12:33:36 PM »
So you just heard about the execution that was almost 5 years ago? 
You are also calling the guy a poor guy for being executed?
The guy killed one while robbing him, then killed another while trying to escape.  Sounds like a poor guy doesn't he.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1130 on: March 29, 2015, 12:55:10 PM »
I suggest you study the rules for the Challenge again and try to follow them in order to win.

Please quote any rules to your challenge that I have not followed.

To argue with the judge (me) doesn't help. If you are only 17 you have plenty time to win. Just focus on the Challenge.

I thought you said that that you would have a vote at your house to determine if I won?  In fact, here it is:
Voting is done by registered voters at my place. Each such voter shall put his paper ballot in an envelope and the envelope/ballot is put in a ballot box. The voter sign the registry. When all voters have voted, the ballot box is opened and the envelopes counted. Number of envelopes should be same as people voted. Then the envelopes are opened. Empty envelopes/no ballot are noted. And then the ballots are checked/counted and we know the votes for each ballot. Such voting is secret.
It is not suitable to decide who won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge. To win my Challenge you have to submit the requested info to me for evaluation and not lie, moan and groan anonymously on the internet.
So is that not the case now?  Be consistent.

But it seems Utah is a violent place to be so maybe it is difficult for you?

Utah is the 6th least violent state in America and a recent study says that it's the happiest state.  Where did you get the idea that Utah is violent?

Just heard about the execution of Ronnie Lee Gardner there. Five Utah volonteers were ready to kill Ronnie Lee but only four got the chance. Poor Ronnie was secured one way or other and ... BANG, BANG, POUFF, BANG, BANG ... Ronnie Lee was legally killed by the volonteers. In Utah. Were you aware of it? Or you don't have a licence?

From the Wikipedia page on Ronnie Lee:
During the night of October 9, 1984, Gardner robbed the Cheers Tavern in Salt Lake City. While under the influence of cocaine, he shot bartender Melvyn John Otterstrom in the face, killing him.
What a poor guy, he didn't do anything wrong other then shoot a guy in the face while robbing him under the influence of cocaine.

So are you saying that I do have to describe the types of screws in the service module, how the astronauts went to the bathroom, the specs of the flight computer, the locking mechanism on the docking ports, and other irrelevant things?  I have already described the gloves about 3 times.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #1131 on: March 29, 2015, 01:08:35 PM »
What is a pedigree?

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Yeah, question's back. If you had written it as perigee then I wouldn't have asked.

Heiwa

« Reply #1132 on: March 29, 2015, 01:29:21 PM »
I suggest you study the rules for the Challenge again and try to follow them in order to win.

Please quote any rules to your challenge that I have not followed.

To argue with the judge (me) doesn't help. If you are only 17 you have plenty time to win. Just focus on the Challenge.

I thought you said that that you would have a vote at your house to determine if I won?  In fact, here it is:
Voting is done by registered voters at my place. Each such voter shall put his paper ballot in an envelope and the envelope/ballot is put in a ballot box. The voter sign the registry. When all voters have voted, the ballot box is opened and the envelopes counted. Number of envelopes should be same as people voted. Then the envelopes are opened. Empty envelopes/no ballot are noted. And then the ballots are checked/counted and we know the votes for each ballot. Such voting is secret.
It is not suitable to decide who won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge. To win my Challenge you have to submit the requested info to me for evaluation and not lie, moan and groan anonymously on the internet.
So is that not the case now?  Be consistent.

But it seems Utah is a violent place to be so maybe it is difficult for you?

Utah is the 6th least violent state in America and a recent study says that it's the happiest state.  Where did you get the idea that Utah is violent?

Just heard about the execution of Ronnie Lee Gardner there. Five Utah volonteers were ready to kill Ronnie Lee but only four got the chance. Poor Ronnie was secured one way or other and ... BANG, BANG, POUFF, BANG, BANG ... Ronnie Lee was legally killed by the volonteers. In Utah. Were you aware of it? Or you don't have a licence?

From the Wikipedia page on Ronnie Lee:
During the night of October 9, 1984, Gardner robbed the Cheers Tavern in Salt Lake City. While under the influence of cocaine, he shot bartender Melvyn John Otterstrom in the face, killing him.
What a poor guy, he didn't do anything wrong other then shoot a guy in the face while robbing him under the influence of cocaine.

So are you saying that I do have to describe the types of screws in the service module, how the astronauts went to the bathroom, the specs of the flight computer, the locking mechanism on the docking ports, and other irrelevant things?  I have already described the gloves about 3 times.

Just follow the Challenge rules at the link given above and avoid getting executed in Utah in the meantime by some volonteers there and you may win the Challenge.

So far nobody has won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge (topic). Don't forget the gloves of your space suit.

Good news are that the Challenge sole judge (i.e. me) is in good shape and healthy in spite of all bad news suggestions to the contrary from silly, brainless, shitty fools here on the forum. The prize money is invested on the stock exchange that has rissen 30% since 1 January = more good news.

Heiwa

« Reply #1133 on: March 29, 2015, 01:32:05 PM »
No, I just mentioned it in a post here an hour ago. The self appointed winner is from Utah. Just a warning to avoid getting executed while trying to win my Challenge. 

To be frank I read about the Ronnie Lee Gardner 2010 Utah execution in my newspaper this morning. It seems there are another >3 000 persons/Americans waiting to be executed in the USA and the five (actually four) volonteer shooters in Utah were mentioned as an example how to exterminate these >3 000 persons. It seems USA have a big problem and don't really know how to execute them. Poison, electric chair, gaz, cutting off the heads seem to be difficult. Why not just string em up?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:43:47 PM by Heiwa »

?

BJ1234

« Reply #1134 on: March 29, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »
No, I just mentioned it in a post here an hour ago. The self appointed winner is from Utah. Just a warning to avoid getting executed while trying to win my Challenge. 

To be frank I read about the Ronnie Lee Gardner 2010 Utah execution in my newspaper this morning. It seems there are another >3 000 persons/Americans waiting to be executed in the USA and the five (actually four) volonteer shooters in Utah were mentioned as an example how to exterminate these >3 000 persons. It seems USA have a big problem and don't really know how to execute them. Poison, electric chair, gaz, cutting off the heads seem to be difficult. Why not just string em up?
Oh so just another dig at the USA then.  Gotcha.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1135 on: March 29, 2015, 02:50:15 PM »
Just follow the Challenge rules at the link given above

You still haven't pointed out any rules that I have broken.

and avoid getting executed in Utah in the meantime by some volonteers there and you may win the Challenge.

There are only 5 (out of 50) states with less crime then Utah, why do you think it has so much crime?

So far nobody has won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge (topic).

Because the judge is not impartial.  If the judge didn't loose €1,000,000 if I won then the outcome would probably be different.

Don't forget the gloves of your space suit.

Again with the gloves...  I have already described them multiple times and they also don't have anything to do with your challenge.  I am sure that gloves are not an engineering problem that makes space travel impossible.

Good news are that the Challenge sole judge (i.e. me)

Remember this:

is in good shape and healthy in spite of all bad news suggestions to the contrary from silly, brainless, shitty fools here on the forum. The prize money is invested on the stock exchange that has rissen 30% since 1 January = more good news.

That's great.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1136 on: March 29, 2015, 05:47:25 PM »
This topic is about winning your challenge, not about being executed in Utah.  Please stay on topic.  Also, how is anyone supposed to follow the rules to your challenge when you keep changing the rules?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #1137 on: March 29, 2015, 05:59:30 PM »

Good news are that the Challenge sole judge (i.e. me) is in good shape and healthy in spite of all bad news suggestions to the contrary from silly, brainless, shitty fools here on the forum. The prize money is invested on the stock exchange that has rissen 30% since 1 January = more good news.

I thought it was in real estate... Oh you, are you lying.  AGAIN!?  Silly monkey...
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Heiwa

« Reply #1138 on: March 29, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »
This topic is about winning your challenge, not about being executed in Utah.  Please stay on topic.  Also, how is anyone supposed to follow the rules to your challenge when you keep changing the rules?
The rules - see post #1 have not changed, e.g. to describe the fuel used for a manned space trip. One contender from Utah (where people are executed by volonteer firing squads) has referred to a simulator but the fuel must be real and stored in a real tank and be burnt in a real rocket engine, etc. A simulator can be used to calculate certain things but if you are going to burn 10 000 kg of fuel in say 400 seconds, i.e. 25 kg/s, to do a certain manoeuvre, e.g. just braking from say 2500 to 1500 m/s, you also must show that the fuel pump can transport 25 kg/s to the rocket engine, and so on. Imagine using 10 000 kg of fuel just to brake. It would be interesting to see it being tested on Earth, e.g. at Utah. I recommend testing the brakes before going into space. What do you think. Isn't it a good idea to test the brakes?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1139 on: March 29, 2015, 09:05:41 PM »
The rules - see post #1 have not changed, e.g. to describe the fuel used for a manned space trip. One contender from Utah (where people are executed by volonteer firing squads) has referred to a simulator but the fuel must be real and stored in a real tank and be burnt in a real rocket engine, etc. A simulator can be used to calculate certain things but if you are going to burn 10 000 kg of fuel in say 400 seconds, i.e. 25 kg/s, to do a certain manoeuvre, e.g. just braking from say 2500 to 1500 m/s, you also must show that the fuel pump can transport 25 kg/s to the rocket engine, and so on. Imagine using 10 000 kg of fuel just to brake. It would be interesting to see it being tested on Earth, e.g. at Utah. I recommend testing the brakes before going into space. What do you think. Isn't it a good idea to test the brakes?

Are you honestly saying that you want nothing less then a real full size Saturn V rocket at your doorstep?  I don't have the resources to make full sized rockets and do live fire tests, that requires milions of dollars and hundreds of employees.

I totally predicted that you would do this, you are just adding more and more requirements until I can no longer meet them.  That is a dishonest tactic and you need to stop.  Please quote where your challenge says that I need to discribe the cooling system in the space suit's gloves and do live fire full scale tests of every engine on the Saturn V.