I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 11822 Replies

Heiwa

Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #1140 on: March 29, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »
So you just heard about the execution that was almost 5 years ago? 
No, I just mentioned it in a post here an hour ago. The self appointed winner is from Utah. Just a warning to avoid getting executed while trying to win my Challenge. 
This topic is about winning your challenge, not about being executed in Utah.  Please stay on topic.  Also, how is anyone supposed to follow the rules to your challenge when you keep changing the rules?
The rules - see post #1 have not changed, e.g. to describe the fuel used for a manned space trip. One contender from Utah (where people are executed by volonteer firing squads) has referred to a simulator but the fuel must be real and stored in a real tank and be burnt in a real rocket engine, etc. A simulator can be used to calculate certain things but if you are going to burn 10 000 kg of fuel in say 400 seconds, i.e. 25 kg/s, to do a certain manoeuvre, e.g. just braking from say 2500 to 1500 m/s, you also must show that the fuel pump can transport 25 kg/s to the rocket engine, and so on. Imagine using 10 000 kg of fuel just to brake. It would be interesting to see it being tested on Earth, e.g. at Utah. I recommend testing the brakes before going into space. What do you think. Isn't it a good idea to test the brakes?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1141 on: March 29, 2015, 09:05:41 PM »
No, I just mentioned it in a post here an hour ago. The self appointed winner is from Utah. Just a warning to avoid getting executed while trying to win my Challenge. 
This topic is about winning your challenge, not about being executed in Utah.  Please stay on topic.  Also, how is anyone supposed to follow the rules to your challenge when you keep changing the rules?
The rules - see post #1 have not changed, e.g. to describe the fuel used for a manned space trip. One contender from Utah (where people are executed by volonteer firing squads) has referred to a simulator but the fuel must be real and stored in a real tank and be burnt in a real rocket engine, etc. A simulator can be used to calculate certain things but if you are going to burn 10 000 kg of fuel in say 400 seconds, i.e. 25 kg/s, to do a certain manoeuvre, e.g. just braking from say 2500 to 1500 m/s, you also must show that the fuel pump can transport 25 kg/s to the rocket engine, and so on. Imagine using 10 000 kg of fuel just to brake. It would be interesting to see it being tested on Earth, e.g. at Utah. I recommend testing the brakes before going into space. What do you think. Isn't it a good idea to test the brakes?

Are you honestly saying that you want nothing less then a real full size Saturn V rocket at your doorstep?  I don't have the resources to make full sized rockets and do live fire tests, that requires milions of dollars and hundreds of employees.

I totally predicted that you would do this, you are just adding more and more requirements until I can no longer meet them.  That is a dishonest tactic and you need to stop.  Please quote where your challenge says that I need to discribe the cooling system in the space suit's gloves and do live fire full scale tests of every engine on the Saturn V.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #1142 on: March 29, 2015, 09:27:11 PM »
The challenge is just to describe the fuel used.  A simulator will do this perfectly well.  Actually having and using the fuel would not qualify to win the challenge as actually doing it is not describing it. 

Heiwa

« Reply #1143 on: March 29, 2015, 11:51:10 PM »

Are you honestly saying that you want nothing less then a real full size Saturn V rocket at your doorstep?  I don't have the resources to make full sized rockets and do live fire tests, that requires milions of dollars and hundreds of employees.

I totally predicted that you would do this, you are just adding more and more requirements until I can no longer meet them.  That is a dishonest tactic and you need to stop.  Please quote where your challenge says that I need to discribe the cooling system in the space suit's gloves and do live fire full scale tests of every engine on the Saturn V.

The rules are clear. Describe the amount of fuel used, e.g. for braking to land on the Moon or the planet you intend to visit. You and anybody else have not done it = you have not won the Challenge. If you plan to use a mothership remaining in space and a little shuttle for the landing, you have to describe the fuel used for braking by each craft, etc, etc. You can use a simulator to establish the braking manoeuvre(s) and fuel used but then you must tell me the amount of fuel used (and where to store it). I will evidently check your figures and see if they are realistic. I have done if for the NASA Apollo 11 trip and found the figures were not realistic = NASA faked it. You can study my analysis on the Internet.

I therefore just suggested it was a good idea to test the brakes used before departure from Earth and asked your opinion.

Re cooling system I think it also a good idea to test the air-con of your space ship interior before departure. A space ship in space going to the Moon will be heated up to about 120° C by the Sun and you have to ensure that you keep a comfortable 22°C inside not to be boiled alive. Note that opening any window for a fresh breeze is not recommended.

Good luck to win the Challenge.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1144 on: March 30, 2015, 05:30:03 AM »
Re cooling system I think it also a good idea to test the air-con of your space ship interior before departure. A space ship in space going to the Moon will be heated up to about 120° C by the Sun and you have to ensure that you keep a comfortable 22°C inside not to be boiled alive. Note that opening any window for a fresh breeze is not recommended.

Seriously Anders, how on earth do you feel qualified to judge a challenge where you don't understand the physics of the problem?  In the near perfect vacuum of space, there is no conducive or convection heating from the sun, only radiative.  The Apollo craft have nice and shiny surfaces that reflect most of the heat away.  If you remember the movie Apollo 13, the problem wasn't over heating, it was nearly freezing to death because they had to shut down just about every system that generated heat within the craft.

Also, quit moving the goal posts, for crying out loud.  Pick one set of rules and stick with them.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

ausGeoff

« Reply #1145 on: March 30, 2015, 06:25:21 AM »
Seriously Anders, how on earth do you feel qualified to judge a challenge where you don't understand the physics of the problem? 

Björkman is obviously suffering onset dementia.  He seems to be totally disconnected from reality.

I'm guessing he's spent too much time sniffing those oily rags LOL.

Heiwa

« Reply #1146 on: March 30, 2015, 06:33:17 AM »
Seriously Anders, how on earth do you feel qualified to judge a challenge where you don't understand the physics of the problem?  In the near perfect vacuum of space, there is no conducive or convection heating from the sun, only radiative.  The Apollo craft have nice and shiny surfaces that reflect most of the heat away.  If you remember the movie Apollo 13, the problem wasn't over heating, it was nearly freezing to death because they had to shut down just about every system that generated heat within the craft.

Also, quit moving the goal posts, for crying out loud.  Pick one set of rules and stick with them.

Evidently I am qualified to judge my own Challenge. I understand physics very well.

Anything in our solar system is subject to Sun radiation. Earth is at a distance from Sun not being too hot or cold with a protective atmosphere. Venus is much hotter, Mars is freezing cold. A space craft travelling between Earth/Moon will be heated up to 120°C at the surfaces exposed to the sun regardless of shiny surfaces. Problem is to cool down the interior of the space craft to 22°C. Part of the Challenge. NASA has not not provided any solution.

The Apollo 13 movie was just a Hollywood invention of anything to entertain silly teenagers. I remember the freezing astronut looking through a window of his space craft at Earth dreaming of fucking his wife again. Pathetic. More fun would have been the wife calling him in space asking him what he was fucking doing up there.

The Challenge rules are unchanged from the start. If you don't like them, just do not participate. Pls, do not argue with the judge. It proves you are a silly, stupid shit. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #1147 on: March 30, 2015, 06:58:49 AM »
I note that now we've successfully picked so many holes in his silly "challenge" that Björkman has petulantly resorted to gutter language.  Tsk, tsk, tsk...  And him being a self-styled "professional" engineer.

The guy is a certifiable buffoon.    ::)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1148 on: March 30, 2015, 07:13:37 AM »
Evidently I am qualified to judge my own Challenge. I understand physics very well.
I have seen no evidence to support this outlandish claim.  In fact, for an "engineer", you seem to be quite resistant to learning any physics relating to space travel.  Forget everything you know about oil tankers, rockets are completely different animals.

The Challenge rules are unchanged from the start. If you don't like them, just do not participate. Pls, do not argue with the judge. It proves you are a silly, stupid shit.
Where in the rules that you have posted on your "popular" web site does it mention anything about space gloves or keeping the command module 22 degrees C? 

Also, please refrain from name calling or personal insults.  It is against the rules of this site and does nothing to support your position.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1149 on: March 30, 2015, 07:33:31 AM »

Trust me, you don't.  You have never demonstrated any competence in this.

Anything in our solar system is subject to Sun radiation. Earth is at a distance from Sun not being too hot or cold with a protective atmosphere. Venus is much hotter, Mars is freezing cold. A space craft travelling between Earth/Moon will be heated up to 120°C at the surfaces exposed to the sun regardless of shiny surfaces. Problem is to cool down the interior of the space craft to 22°C. Part of the Challenge. NASA has not not provided any solution.

If you leave a white car out in the Sun it doesn't get as hot as a black car left in the Sun and a way to keep your car cooler in the Sun is to put a reflective sun cisor in the windiw.  Just imagine how cool the car would be if it were made of reflective material like the Apollo space craft.

The Apollo 13 movie was just a Hollywood invention of anything to entertain silly teenagers. I remember the freezing astronut looking through a window of his space craft at Earth dreaming of fucking his wife again. Pathetic. More fun would have been the wife calling him in space asking him what he was fucking doing up there.

Assertions are not proof of anything.

Please point out where the original challenge says we have to describe the space suit gloves and the air conditioning system in the CSM.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #1150 on: March 30, 2015, 07:37:11 AM »
This is very flawed as a method of judging. Will the person losing this much money be happy to fairly judge someone and admit they were wrong? No, obviously not. Why, in any way, did you think this was a good idea. At this point it seems more like a race to get Heiwa to shut up.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1151 on: March 30, 2015, 07:46:09 AM »
The rules are clear. Describe the amount of fuel used, e.g. for braking to land on the Moon or the planet you intend to visit. You and anybody else have not done it = you have not won the Challenge. If you plan to use a mothership remaining in space and a little shuttle for the landing, you have to describe the fuel used for braking by each craft, etc, etc. You can use a simulator to establish the braking manoeuvre(s) and fuel used but then you must tell me the amount of fuel used (and where to store it). I will evidently check your figures and see if they are realistic.

I will do that.  The AMSO mod provides the weight of fuel and the efficiency of the fuel, now I just need to use Goigle to find the density of all fuels used and show how and where it fits.

I have done if for the NASA Apollo 11 trip and found the figures were not realistic = NASA faked it. You can study my analysis on the Internet.

Knowing you, I would think that you calculated efficiency in kilometers per litter, not specific impulse.  That would mean that your figures wouldn't be correct.

I therefore just suggested it was a good idea to test the brakes used before departure from Earth and asked your opinion.

I'm not leaving Earth any time soon, but the people who did (NASA) tested the engines quite a lot before they built the dirt Saturn V.

I explained this in my previous post.

Thanks.

Heiwa

« Reply #1152 on: March 30, 2015, 07:54:34 AM »

Please point out where the original challenge says we have to describe the space suit gloves and the air conditioning system in the CSM.

The Challenge rules are simple:

"The Anders Björkman Challenge 2 is first to calculate using first principles the amount of fuel (or energy) required to complete a manned Moon and/or planet Mars return trip after being ejected into space from Earth towards the Moon and/or planet Mars by external rockets, second to describe the space ship incl. its masses before/after the various manoeuvers of the trip, any heat shield(s), if fitted, the engines and fuel tanks that can carry the amount of fuel using 1960 or 2015 technology, the accommodation and gear for the persons aboard and finally/third to show that it is actually feasible to do the trip. Please do not present dreams and fantasies."

Note we are talking about a manned space trip. Thus you must describe the accommodation and clothing used by the crew of the space ship (apart from the fuel/tanks/rocket engines/aux.equipmeny, etc, required).
It seems NASA skipped most of such details 1969. A big rocket taking off and some B/W footage from the Moon were sufficient 1969. Today we need more details/facts ... not dreams/fantasies.

As it is I that first organize and second put up the money since 2012, I am finally also 2015 the judge of the whole thing. If you don't like it, do not moan and groan like babies, just forget the whole thing and go to sleep.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:59:36 AM by Heiwa »

Heiwa

« Reply #1153 on: March 30, 2015, 08:08:52 AM »
This is very flawed as a method of judging. Will the person losing this much money be happy to fairly judge someone and admit they were wrong? No, obviously not. Why, in any way, did you think this was a good idea. At this point it seems more like a race to get Heiwa to shut up.

Hm, I do not lose any money. The winner collects €1M, which I gladly pay, if there is a winner. I am not a looser. I am a healthy, intelligent, happy, good looking, popular and funny person, i.e. not a looser ever. I just want to make people happy being well informed and working for humanity and good things. But I do not like people that cheat and lie ... for money.

Money does not really interest me. I have plenty. There are plenty rich people giving money away, e.g. Bill Gates and wife, etc, etc. and nobody moans and groans when they hand out fluss.

« Reply #1154 on: March 30, 2015, 08:10:10 AM »
This is very flawed as a method of judging. Will the person losing this much money be happy to fairly judge someone and admit they were wrong? No, obviously not.

Especially since there's no evidence he has the money in the first place. He can't let anybody win; as the sole judge, this is easy.

I do wonder if this constitutes fraud under French law, and/or wherever it is the web page issuing the "challenge" is hosted. It's probably not worth pursuing since he likely doesn't have enough assets to be worth the trouble.

Why, in any way, did you think this was a good idea.

Because, as a shill for his own website, it's a way to drive traffic to it. Why this is beneficial to him is still a mystery. Ego? Maybe. If he's being paid by someone for each website "hit", it would explain the constant urging to visit there, but you really have to wonder why someone would do that.

At this point it seems more like a race to get Heiwa to shut up.

He's a shill in the original sense of the word. It's apparently his job to keep posting and trying to entice visitors to his website..
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #1155 on: March 30, 2015, 08:19:32 AM »
Money does not really interest me. I have plenty. There are plenty rich people giving money away, e.g. Bill Gates and wife, etc, etc. and nobody moans and groans when they hand out fluss.

You sure talk a lot about something you claim "does not really interest" you. It sounds more like you're obsessed about it.

The difference is that Gates et al. really do have the money, and they actually do give it away. You, on the other hand, only claim to have money and make apparently false promises to give it away. Can you see the difference? Can you see why these real "rich people" are respected and you're not?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1156 on: March 30, 2015, 08:38:05 AM »
Note we are talking about a manned space trip. Thus you must describe the accommodation and clothing used by the crew of the space ship (apart from the fuel/tanks/rocket engines/aux.equipmeny, etc, required).
It seems NASA skipped most of such details 1969. A big rocket taking off and some B/W footage from the Moon were sufficient 1969. Today we need more details/facts ... not dreams/fantasies.
No, NASA didn't skip any of that.  Either you don't know where to look for the information that has been publicly available for more than 40 years, or you actively ignore the information when it has been repeatedly provided to you.  At this point, it's quite clear that the only dreams/fantasies are the ones that you have of being qualified to judge a challenge about space travel.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1157 on: March 30, 2015, 09:17:55 AM »
Heiwa, when I get home later I will get to work on calculating the volume of fuel in the various parts of a Saturn V according to the AMSO mod, but only if you promise to not add more objectives to your challenge because if you keep doing that then it's pointless.

Heiwa

« Reply #1158 on: March 30, 2015, 10:30:52 AM »
Heiwa, when I get home later I will get to work on calculating the volume of fuel in the various parts of a Saturn V according to the AMSO mod, but only if you promise to not add more objectives to your challenge because if you keep doing that then it's pointless.

Forget the 1960's Saturn V shit. There are more modern rockets available today, it seems, to get you and your space craft off into space. Suggest you use the latest stuff around and keep weight down everywhere to save energy/fuel. 1960's computers were big and slow. Suggest you upgrade to something small and fast. Same with batteriers/lighting. Forget the 1960's lead batteries/bulbs used aboard Apollo 11 and go for LiIon/LED, etc. Do you plan to use solar panels? They were not really around 1969! And what about piss & Co. Re-cycling? But do not break any laws. These volonteer Utah execution squads give me the creep.

Arith

« Reply #1159 on: March 30, 2015, 10:37:13 AM »

The Challenge rules are simple:

"The Anders Björkman Challenge 2 is first to calculate using first principles the amount of fuel (or energy) required to complete a manned Moon and/or planet Mars return trip after being ejected into space from Earth towards the Moon and/or planet Mars by external rockets, second to describe the space ship incl. its masses before/after the various manoeuvers of the trip, any heat shield(s), if fitted, the engines and fuel tanks that can carry the amount of fuel using 1960 or 2015 technology, the accommodation and gear for the persons aboard and finally/third to show that it is actually feasible to do the trip. Please do not present dreams and fantasies."

As it is I that first organize and second put up the money since 2012, I am finally also 2015 the judge of the whole thing. If you don't like it, do not moan and groan like babies, just forget the whole thing and go to sleep.

Anders, you're an idiot.
Challenge page was modified March 24th, which you then put into full swing on this site when you said:
To win Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge (topic) you must demonstrate that e.g. humans can travel in space. A simulator calculating energy for a space manoeuvre may assist but I should start with the space suit/gloves/helmet and the space ship itself and how not to get boiled when travelling in vacuum space in the sun light.
Suddenly you're concerned with the suits.

Have you a patent on motorized goal markers?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1160 on: March 30, 2015, 11:34:33 AM »

Forget the 1960's Saturn V shit. There are more modern rockets available today, it seems, to get you and your space craft off into space. Suggest you use the latest stuff around and keep weight down everywhere to save energy/fuel. 1960's computers were big and slow. Suggest you upgrade to something small and fast. Same with batteriers/lighting. Forget the 1960's lead batteries/bulbs used aboard Apollo 11 and go for LiIon/LED, etc. Do you plan to use solar panels? They were not really around 1969! And what about piss & Co. Re-cycling? But do not break any laws. These volonteer Utah execution squads give me the creep.

I am going to use the 1969 technology to give you a chance, that way, you can't say that it was impossible in 1969 once I prove that it's possible with today's technology.  Also, the Apollo CSM and lander were powered by fuel cells that burned fuel to get power.

Heiwa

« Reply #1161 on: March 30, 2015, 11:54:09 AM »

Anders, you're an idiot.

You are really sure? Please explain more and why you are concerned about me! Maybe you need assistance of some kind.

Heiwa

« Reply #1162 on: March 30, 2015, 12:05:24 PM »

I am going to use the 1969 technology to give you a chance, that way, you can't say that it was impossible in 1969 once I prove that it's possible with today's technology.  Also, the Apollo CSM and lander were powered by fuel cells that burned fuel to get power.

You do not have to give me any chances about 1969, etc, etc. My moon travel webpages about the NASA hoaxes are downloaded 100's of times/day and thus very popular. Human moon travel is impossible. You (or your parents) and USA were fooled 1969. I find it funny. Imagine fooling a whole nation. And your parents. http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm

Re any Apollo CSM and lander being powered by fuel cells that burned fuel to get power, etc, etc, in order to win my Challenge you must demonstrate that it works 2015 in your space craft and include that fuel in your application. Try to use latest technology. 1960 light bulbs are difficult to find today. Like 1960's fuel cells. Very heavy monsters. Useless shit, IMO!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1163 on: March 30, 2015, 12:32:11 PM »
Re any Apollo CSM and lander being powered by fuel cells that burned fuel to get power, etc, etc, in order to win my Challenge you must demonstrate that it works 2015 in your space craft and include that fuel in your application.
Hydrogen/oxygen fuel cells, like those used to power the electrical systems of Apollo, have been around since 1959.  Why would they not work today?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_cell#Hydrogen-Oxygen_Fuel_Cell_.28Bacon_Cell.29

Try to use latest technology. 1960 light bulbs are difficult to find today. Like 1960's fuel cells. Very heavy monsters. Useless shit, IMO!
Actually, auto manufacturers have been working on adapting fuel cells to power eco-friendly cars for a while.  Some of these fuel cell powered autos are even available for consumers to purchase.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_cell#Automobiles
http://www.toyota.com/fuelcell/
https://www.hyundaiusa.com/tucsonfuelcell/
http://automobiles.honda.com/fcx-clarity/

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #1164 on: March 30, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »
I understand physics very well.

This is, quite possibly, the funniest thing I have read on the internet today. Thank you so much.

« Reply #1165 on: March 30, 2015, 01:58:57 PM »
The number of downloads does not prove accuracy.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #1166 on: March 30, 2015, 10:08:21 PM »
in order to win my Challenge you must demonstrate that it works 2015 in your space craft and include that fuel in your application.

Wait, are you seriously suggesting that you want me to build a space craft?  That would take the economic power of a rich nation, I can't just pull it off in my back yard with scrap metal and duct tape.

Heiwa

« Reply #1167 on: March 31, 2015, 12:41:11 AM »
in order to win my Challenge you must demonstrate that it works 2015 in your space craft and include that fuel in your application.

Wait, are you seriously suggesting that you want me to build a space craft?  That would take the economic power of a rich nation, I can't just pull it off in my back yard with scrap metal and duct tape.

Not really! Just describe the space craft incl. accommodation/gear that can do the trip with humans aboard. Then figure out the various manoeuvres required to sail to the target and back and calculate the fuel required. But it must be a realistic space craft. Not just teenager love dreams and fantasies.

Arith

« Reply #1168 on: March 31, 2015, 03:42:39 AM »

Anders, you're an idiot.

You are really sure? Please explain more and why you are concerned about me! Maybe you need assistance of some kind.

I am positive you are an idiot. It's not concern, it's stating the obvious.
Only an idiot can be corrected again and again over about 60 pages, and still not get it.
Only an idiot puts up a challenge where he is the sole judge and calls it 'fair'
Only an idiot tacks on extra rules when it suits him
Only an idiot comes up with, and quotes himself with the most inane string of words such as:
an unscientific, unintelligent and unreasonable querulant that spreads rumours and untruths (lies) as the worst creator of conspiracy theories

You are an idiot.

ausGeoff

« Reply #1169 on: March 31, 2015, 05:40:10 AM »
Anders, you're an idiot.

Please don't insult idiots LOL.

And I'd say as fact that Björkman is suffering from the Dunning-Kruger syndrome,  which is is defined as "a cognitive bias in which unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate.  This bias is attributed to a metacognitive inability to recognize their own ineptitude."