Meteors

• 39 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Meteors
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 09:30:00 AM »
Most of the time the box contains the best solutions.
By box, do you mean the box of reason?  Yes, sometimes one has to think outside the 'box' in order to expand knowledge.  But one can not expect to find anything of interest if they just refuse to accept that there is a box of reason and engage it in any meaningful way.  The box is expanded by demonstrating where it fails to live up to reality, not by blindly banging ones head against a wall.  The refusal to let go of FET is the worst kind of box to be in, it is a box with solid bars of steel that trap the mind in paranoid delusions and creates a disassociation with reality.
It's your mind that's trapped. It's trapped because you are sealed into your box. You're afraid to even peep out of it when the opportunity arises. You're in your comfort zone. Everything is handed to you on a plate. All you have to do is recite it.
I am not in a box, I am an out of the box thinker, I live on the edge of what is possible and daily have to rethink how things are done.  Nothing is handed to me on a plate.  I make my living by pushing the envelope and getting there first.  And the product has to produce real world demonstrable benefit.
You are firmly in the box. You're just another weak minded individual. You don't try to think any different to what you were conditioned to think.
You can't allow yourself to think out side of the box because you are scared to. You feel comfortable aming your like-minded peers and respond to peer pressure just like them.

You've came on here in full mode to attack free thinkers with your global nonsense, either unaware that all your stuff has been dealt with or simply to add more numbers to back up the global nonsense due to more free thinkers building up on this site. I go with the latter.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2015, 09:34:13 AM »
By box, do you mean the box of reason?  Yes, sometimes one has to think outside the 'box' in order to expand knowledge.  But one can not expect to find anything of interest if they just refuse to accept that there is a box of reason and engage it in any meaningful way.  The box is expanded by demonstrating where it fails to live up to reality, not by blindly banging ones head against a wall.  The refusal to let go of FET is the worst kind of box to be in, it is a box with solid bars of steel that trap the mind in paranoid delusions and creates a disassociation with reality.
It's your mind that's trapped. It's trapped because you are sealed into your box. You're afraid to even peep out of it when the opportunity arises. You're in your comfort zone. Everything is handed to you on a plate. All you have to do is recite it.
I am not in a box, I am an out of the box thinker, I live on the edge of what is possible and daily have to rethink how things are done.  Nothing is handed to me on a plate.  I make my living by pushing the envelope and getting there first.  And the product has to produce real world demonstrable benefit.
You are firmly in the box. You're just another weak minded individual. You don't try to think any different to what you were conditioned to think.
You can't allow yourself to think out side of the box because you are scared to. You feel comfortable aming your like-minded peers and respond to peer pressure just like them.

You've came on here in full mode to attack free thinkers with your global nonsense, either unaware that all your stuff has been dealt with or simply to add more numbers to back up the global nonsense due to more free thinkers building up on this site. I go with the latter.

What is this?  Scepti is trying to tell us what we are thinking.  If you are going to pretend to read minds, at least make an effort to be within a light year of the truth.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 09:36:53 AM »

What is this?  Scepti is trying to tell us what we are thinking.  If you are going to pretend to read minds, at least make an effort to be within a light year of the truth.

No such thing as a light year Mike.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 09:46:07 AM »

Because flat earthers can't accept that incomprehensibly large distances can exist.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 09:51:34 AM »

Because flat earthers can't accept that incomprehensibly large distances can exist.
That's because they don't exist to your perception. The only distance you'll ever know are the distances inside this Earth and that's your lot.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 10:10:05 AM »

That's because they don't exist to your perception. The only distance you'll ever know are the distances inside this Earth and that's your lot.

But even the Earth (round or flat) is to big for us to comprehend.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 10:12:15 AM »

Clearly not on your globe. It's a globe isn't it? You have it all mapped out. You globalists are always telling us you have it all mapped out.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 10:58:51 AM »

Clearly not on your globe. It's a globe isn't it? You have it all mapped out. You globalists are always telling us you have it all mapped out.

I said "comprehend", not "understand".  Try to picture the size of the Earth in your head, it's impossible.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2015, 11:20:17 AM »
We do not have it all mapped out. We have the important parts mapped out, close enough.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2015, 02:22:01 PM »
You globalists are always telling us you have it all mapped out.
Yes, the globe is all mapped out.  I can confirm that.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.