What would be the point

• 23 Replies
What would be the point
« on: January 03, 2015, 07:31:22 PM »
Hey, here's a couple questions for the FE believers. These are all curious questions, not in the intention to start any fights. I'm new to the forums, and I'm just generally interested to see the input of people convinced that the earth is flat, as much as I am convinced that the earth is spherical.

-Why would every government and every space agency all work together and lie to everyone about our earth? what would be the motives? whats the worth?

-What about the space station? the pictures taken from there, illustrating an obvious spherical earth

-Are all of you trying to put out there that everyone with that knowledge has made it there life goal to hide, and lie about this "truth" you're all convinced of?

-Are you all expecting an Edward Snowden of the NASA to come out and tell us that the earth is actually flat?

-If the circumference of Antarctica is said to be 11 000 miles, would this mean that walking around the earth would be a distance of 11,000 miles? Different than in your FAQ, where it's stated that in the FE theory, the circumference of the earth is 78 000 miles? If I constantly make right turns with Antarctica being to my right, how could that be explained?

It's really impossible to prove things. It's impossible to prove the existence of my keyboard or my mouse. We're currently debating about the shape of the earth. If we haven't been able to prove something as basic as that yet, what's the point of debating? there's obviously never going to be a day where one of us can prove our theories.

Sorry, this entire thing just seems a little bit pointless to me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: What would be the point
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 07:24:01 AM »
Hey, here's a couple questions for the FE believers. These are all curious questions, not in the intention to start any fights. I'm new to the forums, and I'm just generally interested to see the input of people convinced that the earth is flat, as much as I am convinced that the earth is spherical.
You are only convinced of a speherical Earth because you follow mass opinion on it being that. You know in your own mind that anything can and does get faked in day to day life but your mind won't accept it can be done as regards the Earth.

Here's a question for you.
If scientists all over the Earth found out the Earth was flat and gave their reasons, would you follow that train of thought or would you stick to your spherical Earth?

You see, the reality is; people will follow the people they regard as - experts. Even if those experts decided tomorrow that the Earth was flat; most people would simply unconditionally follow, citing all kinds of excited things that changed the theory.
Now then, let's have an Earth is a globe society.
You come along and say, "how can you people believe Earth is a globe when it's been proved it's flat - science said so and all scientists agree, now."

Hypothetical I know; but it shows how easy it is to accept a theory based on mass indoctrination.

-Why would every government and every space agency all work together and lie to everyone about our earth? what would be the motives? whats the worth?
It depends on what you construe as "space agencies."
C.I.A, F.B.I, M.I.5, INTERPOL, etc, etc, etc are all agencies. They all work together but what are they really?
Are they all separate agencies or are they simply branches from the same tree?
Are NASA the regarded tree top agency and all other agencies just a branch of the same thing given out as a lesser independent agency to us but are really a part of just one tree?
How many people have to lie?
Compartmentalisation means that Peter doesn't know what Paul is doing, even If Peter works in the next office, because protocol says that one is deemed higher than the other, which is the same throughout any industry.
You are given a standing. A class which can always be above someone else but below many others from top to botton. Each person knowing their own specifics on a need to know basis.

Let's put it down to a simple and easy scenario.
You can have 1000 storage containers in an area and each person knows what is in theirs and yet none of the other 999 know what is in it; and so on.

If one person has a nuclear bomb or a time machine and tells a person it's in their lock up, then the person that is told this, can only assume it to be true, or false - but never knowing for sure. 999 people can be of the same thought but none of them never knowing, just accepting.
So what's the end goal? It's about the controlling of minds and wealth of those that are privvy to the actualy truth. It keeps the real elites in total control because only they know the ultimate truth. The rest are merely guessing.
Peter and Paul can sit and question what their purpose is. They can even think there's some conspiracy. Will they speak out if they believe this?
Would you?
Who feeds you? who is in charge of your employment status? what employment could you achieve if you decide to question stuff? would you even get to the stage of questioning, physically?
What is best for you and your family?
The answer is simple. Follow protocol and live a reasonably happy life with regular income and a standing in the community.

-What about the space station? the pictures taken from there, illustrating an obvious spherical earth
Yeah what about it? The technology of today and all we get shown are the same things over and over. The same Earth crap but never anything away from Earth other than renders and cartoon images.
We never get shown normal pictures. It's all stitched together crap or supposed timelapse. Why?
I've heard stories that it would be simply too boring to bother to do this. What a pathetic excuse.
The reason why we get to see what we see is because it's easier to pass off the bullshit.

-Are all of you trying to put out there that everyone with that knowledge has made it there life goal to hide, and lie about this "truth" you're all convinced of?
Most people are just doing their jobs. It depends on what you term as lies.

A for instance. What's to say that the astronauts are trained up in their knowledge that they are going to space.
They get told later than it's too expensive to go to space so they will have to act it out. Do the training as if they are going to space.
They are offered large bucks and the chance of fame.
How many will gain a conscience and spill the beans?

Why are actors in films paid whopping salaries? Basically they are selling us a fantasy. They are paid to lie to us in the weakest meaning of that effect but it's still a lie.
Maybe the actornauts feel they are doing the same thing and they believe they aren't doing any harm because they think space and such is the real deal, it's just too risky to send humans into it, so they act it out.
This way they still have no idea what's what but don't care because they have a nice home - money and are revered by many. They become celebrities - adored by wide eyed wannabe space farers.
Gain a conscience and tell the world the truth. What happens? will you attain your celebrity status or will you be certified insane?
 Space dementia. Maybe charged with selling secrets to rogue nations. It's all too easy, right?
Does this seem too extreme?
Think about it.

-Are you all expecting an Edward Snowden of the NASA to come out and tell us that the earth is actually flat?
Nope, I'm not expecting anyone to come out and say anything. It will always happen though. Whoever does, will be certified insane or whatever. Your Edawrd Snowdon's are just cogs in the machine, made to keep it oiled, or to put it simply, to keep the sheep confused. People playing characters. It's all acting.
Is it possible?
It's down to you to decide, not other's to prompt you, really. Your mind is your own and only you can change it or stick to what you believe is your truth.

-If the circumference of Antarctica is said to be 11 000 miles, would this mean that walking around the earth would be a distance of 11,000 miles? Different than in your FAQ, where it's stated that in the FE theory, the circumference of the earth is 78 000 miles? If I constantly make right turns with Antarctica being to my right, how could that be explained?
It depends on what you think Antarctica is. If you think it's a mass on the south side of a ball then it's what you believe it to be.
If you think it does not exist as a single mass blob kind of thing, then where is it?
There's a few things.
Antarctica is merely a ring around the centre but half of it is classed as the north pole and the other half the south on a flat Earth.
Or:
It's an outer rim of the Earth that stretches the full circle.
Or:
It's part of a bi-polar disc, north and south on each side as masses.

There's many theories and even you can't guess the truth of it no more than anyone else can, except for accepting what you are told.

It's really impossible to prove things. It's impossible to prove the existence of my keyboard or my mouse. We're currently debating about the shape of the earth. If we haven't been able to prove something as basic as that yet, what's the point of debating? there's obviously never going to be a day where one of us can prove our theories.
The point of debating is to gain something from each debate. It's an exercise is thought processes. Most debates can appear to be going nowhere to many people - especially those that stick rigidly to a model.
The whole point though - is - if people can allow themselves to think right outside the box, they just may take something - however small - out of each debate. Let's call this one small piece of a complicated jigsaw that you place in certain piles on the table to enable you to see if they could fit, in time.

The simple fact is, you are your own person with your own mind. Your mind can be manipulated like any other. The weaker minds will accept mass opinion. The stronger minds will question it.
The ultra strong will refuse to be intimidated by mass opinion until they can logically accept it to be the correct opinion or at least one that potentially fits better.

To finish off, I'll simply say that the global Earth model only appears to fit because it is saturated with magical explanations to make it fit. It does not fit rational logic and common sense for those prepared to actually open their eyes - but it does fit if people accept that magical forces are logical.

That choice is up to each individual to dissect.
Me: I know in my mind - in infinite % that we are not walking about on a solid spinning crust of a ball in space. Nobody will ever make me accept this unless they plug my head into the national grid and dim the country of power.

I am open to any other theories no matter how they appear as long as they do not require magic to make them work, because life is simple and so is the workings of Earth.
If people can disregard the space fanatasies and see things for the simplicity they are, all powered by this very cell we are trapped in, then a more semblance of reality can kick in.
That's just my thoughts though and I'm not TELLING anyone to follow them. All I say is, search your own mind and remember that life is more basic than you think. It is made complicated by those that dare not tell us the truth, because to tell us the truth would be to set us free and it's simply not going to happen.

The only thing anyone can do is to free their own mind and see things for the reality they are in, not the fantasy that was programmed into it.
I'm not interested in arguing this, just read it or don't. If you read it, then use this to free up your own basic mind and allow your mind to be open to reality, then leave the fantasies for your knowing mind when you're sat there eating pizza and popcorn in front of the TV in the sole knowledge that what you are viewing is clearly well acted lies for entertainment.

Sorry, this entire thing just seems a little bit pointless to me.
Life is pointless if you decide to look at it in the way it's meant to be. Born to die. Born to create another organism that will create; all for the purpose of dying.
However, you can also believe a higher being has placed you here and you are merely a shell for your soul which will go onto higher plains.
You can also believe a future pill will give you eternal life.

You can look at life in any way you choose to look at it and each way is a confort or discomfort to those who choose a path to follow.

It's like debating the Earth, which is what you are suggesting. It's pointless to you because you know in your mind that everything told to you, is true.
I know it's a lot of lies - but in order for people like you to accept my thoughts, I have to somehow prove they are lies and yet you believe you can cite scripture and movies, as your physical proof.
You have the loaded dice. You have the ace up your sleeve.
You have the teleprompter.
You have the backing of all those people who have what you have.

Your movie script is a box office hit because it's advertised with plaudits galore.

How can anyone compete with that?
The only way anyone can compete is to change the loaded dice for real dice.
To take away your teleprompter and restart the arguments, ad-lib.
To put you in a room with no external backing to aid you.
To take away the advertising and the plaudits for your movie and pit that movie against another equally compelling movie with a totally unbiased audience.

Let's start over again and both walk the beach. Let's figure out the Earth from that starting point. Flat or ball?

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 11:27:01 AM »
You are only convinced of a speherical Earth because you follow mass opinion on it being that. You know in your own mind that anything can and does get faked in day to day life but your mind won't accept it can be done as regards the Earth.

If scientists all over the Earth found out the Earth was flat and gave their reasons, would you follow that train of thought or would you stick to your spherical Earth?
Most people are convinced of the rotating spherical earth revolving about the Sun not just because they're told this, but mostly because it  makes a great deal of sense and easily explains so many common observations. No competing models come close.

Acceptance of an earth-shape revolution would depend on the evidence for and the explanation of how things worked under the new model. If the new model described everything we see (like sunsets, for a start), better and preferably more simply than what we have now, then scientists and most people would move to the new model - some kicking and screaming until convinced the new model works better.

The thought of all scientists immediately changing their view even in the face of new evidence is fanciful. For example, the shift to plate tectonics from older tectonic models was one of the more rapid changes in earth science, but still a gradual process, even though compelling evidence for it rapidly became abundant and very complete in the 1950s to mid-'60s. By the end of the '70s there were still some holdouts, but those declined as plate tectonics, with outstanding explanatory and predictive power, knocked the props out from under competing models. This was perhaps the most dramatic change in Earth Science in recent times, maybe ever. Evidence for and the idea of "continental drift" had been around for a long time, but before it could be seriously considered, evidence for a plausible mechanism to move continents had to be demonstrated. That's what started happening in the '50s.

You see, the reality is; people will follow the people they regard as - experts. Even if those experts decided tomorrow that the Earth was flat; most people would simply unconditionally follow, citing all kinds of excited things that changed the theory.
Most people wouldn't care. Most of the rest would be convinced if the evidence warranted, some more quickly than others. The last holdouts would either finally be convinced, die off, or be relegated to fringe websites like this one.

The kind of evidence needed to displace the spherical earth in favor of a flat earth would indeed have to be dramatic and exciting - far more dramatic than the discovery that the ocean floors themselves move, carrying the continents along (which was the key to plate tectonics), instead of the old hypothesis that the continents plowed through static ocean floors (which "continental drift" was based on).

You come along and say, "how can you people believe Earth is a globe when it's been proved it's flat - science said so and all scientists agree, now."

Hypothetical I know; but it shows how easy it is to accept a theory based on mass indoctrination.
Provide a better model and show the evidence that backs it up. That's "all" that's needed.

It's not easy at all to overturn well-established models, they're well-established for reasons that have nothing to do with indoctrination. When a demonstrably better one comes along, it will be accepted.

<More scepimatic ramblings too long to go into>
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 02:31:43 PM »
You see, I'm very open to other possibilities.

That's a tough one.

I'm 14. I'm still very young, And I'm still exploring other theories and other possibilities. It's why I came here - to question. Up until this point, I've always believed what I've been told. Gravity, Sphere, Satellites...etc But, reading what FE's have to say, it makes it all look very stupid.

But on the other hand, to me, these explanations I read to support the FE theory, seem ridiculous.

So, I don't feel qualified to answer your question. Once again, I cannot even prove the existence of my keyboard.

We never get shown normal pictures. It's all stitched together crap or supposed timelapse. Why?
I've heard stories that it would be simply too boring to bother to do this. What a pathetic excuse.
The reason why we get to see what we see is because it's easier to pass off the bullshit.

Once again, I do not comprehend why people would desperately want to hide the real shape of the earth? Why would it even matter? What's the big deal?

Antarctica is merely a ring around the centre but half of it is classed as the north pole and the other half the south on a flat Earth.
Or:
Or:

Antarctica was always to me a continent at the south pole of our earth. the circumphrence has been mesured- said to be 11 000 miles.

Are you telling me that in the flat earth theory, looping around our planet is following antarctica all around? What?

To finish off, I'll simply say that the global Earth model only appears to fit because it is saturated with magical explanations to make it fit. It does not fit rational logic and common sense for those prepared to actually open their eyes - but it does fit if people accept that magical forces are logical.

To me, and to all RE's, all of your theories and explanations to support your theories also sound magical. To most of the people on the earth, your explanations do not fit rational logic nor common sense. I'm prepared to open my eyes. I 'm prepared to explore.

Life is pointless if you decide to look at it in the way it's meant to be. Born to die. Born to create another organism that will create; all for the purpose of dying.
However, you can also believe a higher being has placed you here and you are merely a shell for your soul which will go onto higher plains.

I have a hard time believing that this is all pointless. It's hard to believe that there's nothing beyond death. It's hard to believe there's nothing beyond ''this".

I have sleepless nights wondering about the universe. Questions that I always wonder about. What I hate the most about it is that in my pointless and short life, I will never have an answer. a proven, straight answer. I can only hope that beyond death is something else. That life is only a little part of my existence. That one day, I can look over the universe and laugh at how I even had questions about those little things.

Thanks for the answer. I'm not a FE, and I don't think I'm even a RE. I'm only a kid that's expected to believe all that I'm told. Let me tell you- Lots of what I see and hear sounds completely stupid to me. I don't believe there's a "Voyager 1" that's been released into space to explore and take pictures. I don't believe that it sends data to us from where ever they say it is. It all seems unreal. I'm going to continue living my life, listening to theories, explanations, and hope that when I close my eyes for the last time, I'll only see more.

(Little side note: I haven't figured out how to quote someone. Could you explain it to me?)

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 03:06:35 PM »

I know you were not talking to me, but if all of the scientific experts were to come out and say that the Earth was flat then I wouldn't believe them until I was presented with evidence to prove it.  If the evidence does not persuade me then I would become a member of the Earth is a globe society.  I know some people who would probably just go along with it, but the science minded people like me would not go along with popular opinion unless it's proven to be true.  I bet that's the case with most if not all of the round earthers on this forum.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

ausGeoff

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 09:26:45 AM »
sceptimatic has yet to comprehend that around 6,000,000 scientists from 195 independent countries have researched all the geophysical and astronomical options over the past 100 years, and all have come to the identical conclusion that the earth is an oblate spheroid orbiting the sun.  Not one single scientist disagrees with that—even in North Korea, China, or Russia.

Further, he's apparently unable to name even a handful of scientist who accept his theory of a flat earth covered by some sort of reflective, atmospheric "dome", and the fact that "denpressure" controls all physical, sub-atomic, and mechanical activity on earth.

And sceptimatic can't even suggest any viable reasons as to what advantages the alleged "world government" or NWO would be achieving  if the earth were determined to be flat.  Try as I have, I can't think of any benefits to a world power.

kman

• Pastafarian
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 07:25:27 PM »
I forced myself to read through septics poetic teleprompter parable, and I found a little gem at the bottom of it.

He admits he ad-libs his lines.

That explains the complete lack of evidence (and logic) for any of his theories
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:53:25 PM by kman »
Quote from: Excelsior John
[USA TODAY and NPR] are probaley just a bunch of flippin wite sapremist websites you RASCIST
Quote from: modestman
i don't understand what you are saying=therfore you are liar

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 02:07:40 AM »
You see, I'm very open to other possibilities.

That's a tough one.

I'm 14. I'm still very young, And I'm still exploring other theories and other possibilities. It's why I came here - to question. Up until this point, I've always believed what I've been told. Gravity, Sphere, Satellites...etc But, reading what FE's have to say, it makes it all look very stupid.

But on the other hand, to me, these explanations I read to support the FE theory, seem ridiculous.

So, I don't feel qualified to answer your question. Once again, I cannot even prove the existence of my keyboard.

Once again, I do not comprehend why people would desperately want to hide the real shape of the earth? Why would it even matter? What's the big deal?

Or:
Or:

Antarctica was always to me a continent at the south pole of our earth. the circumphrence has been mesured- said to be 11 000 miles.

Are you telling me that in the flat earth theory, looping around our planet is following antarctica all around? What?

To me, and to all RE's, all of your theories and explanations to support your theories also sound magical. To most of the people on the earth, your explanations do not fit rational logic nor common sense. I'm prepared to open my eyes. I 'm prepared to explore.

I have a hard time believing that this is all pointless. It's hard to believe that there's nothing beyond death. It's hard to believe there's nothing beyond ''this".

I have sleepless nights wondering about the universe. Questions that I always wonder about. What I hate the most about it is that in my pointless and short life, I will never have an answer. a proven, straight answer. I can only hope that beyond death is something else. That life is only a little part of my existence. That one day, I can look over the universe and laugh at how I even had questions about those little things.

Thanks for the answer. I'm not a FE, and I don't think I'm even a RE. I'm only a kid that's expected to believe all that I'm told. Let me tell you- Lots of what I see and hear sounds completely stupid to me. I don't believe there's a "Voyager 1" that's been released into space to explore and take pictures. I don't believe that it sends data to us from where ever they say it is. It all seems unreal. I'm going to continue living my life, listening to theories, explanations, and hope that when I close my eyes for the last time, I'll only see more.

(Little side note: I haven't figured out how to quote someone. Could you explain it to me?)
The mere fact that you are questioning stuff is a massive plus for you. You don't need to take the word of anyone else's alternatives. Your goal should be to question - always - until you are satisfied that you have been lied to. This is the best start.
From that point on, you have to ask why you have been lied to.
As you mentioned; you say you do not believe in voyager. If you don't believe that, then it's a knocking bet that you don't believe some other space exploits.
What you have to ask yourself is - if you are lied to about certain aspects, it's possible that your entire life, as short as it's been, is riddled with untruth's.

You are in an excellent position from this point on, because you simply don't readily accept things that do not make rational sense in certain stuff. If you think more in depth, you will also see that the globe is littered with theories that rely on a person to accept - as some kind of  vague explainable magic.
You can also think this about any other Earth shape mentioned. Believe none and question everything about life and history.

Only accept things that literally make more logical sense. Place each thought into your thought (jigsaw piece) pile and discard the misshaped pieces - at least for now.

What we are asked (forced) to believe in, is akin to the kid you grew up with, telling you his dad is a top secret scientist who's built him gadgets that he uses at his leisure. The kid can describe the gadgets and have you amazed. He can describe the places he goes with his dad to top secret places, yet you have never once seen anything physically about what he's told you.

You can live your life in acceptance of this kid having the stuff you dream of. He's gave you his dreams to use as your fantasy.
Imagine if that kid turned up later to tell you that he never had anything and his father simply worked away from home, so he made things up out of boredom.
You would probably laugh at how easy you bought into his fantasies, wouldn't you?
I would.

The thing is, we are asked to buy into a similar thing, only this is on a mammoth scale and we are collectively asked to accept the stories without physical proof.
Human beings can be exceptional liars, from fishermen (it was <<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>> this big) to your politicians promises.
If they can do it, so can anyone if the need is there.

People say that reading body language is not proof that a person is insincere. Scientifically it may not be absolute proof, because some people display different traits.
The thing is, the majority of people display the same traits and most people can spot liars by being around them for only a short period, just by obervation of their mannerisms.
Take a look at the silly actors on the so called space station if you haven't already.

Lie detectors are not accurate but do give a good indictation of truth or lies, especially if a few people are involved in a potential lie.

You see, it's all about proving stuff, physically.
Sit those TV astronauts in front of people like us, in a room where they have no back up or back up ear piece aids or anything and I would be ultra confident that those people would crumble under scrutiny.
I would be ultra confident that 99% of them would fail a lie detector test.

Of course, all I'm doing is blowing hot air. I'm just being hypothetical. I could also say that proof would be for me to go and inspect a space rocket before launch. Would I be allowed?
The answer is no - to all.

Anyway, human beings like beng in control of something. A traffic warden has control of the minds of motorists. The policeman/woman has control over the public. A teacher has control over the minds of the pupils.
Politicians control the populaton. And so on.
 Parents controls their young kids.

The bankers control the banks who control the money that controls the lives of all people who believe they control something in their lives.
It's not money that's the root of all evil, it's the lack of it.

A person with money is never satisfied and wants more. A person without money will do everything in their power to gain it, by any means.

Only the minority on this Earth will live their lives without money ruling it. You normally find these people in tribes in some out of the way place that few men dare to tread.
There will always be a need for control. The problem arises when those that control you are doing it out of greed and not for the betterment of their people.

ausGeoff

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 06:43:49 AM »

Of course, all I'm doing is blowing hot air.

At the very least, this part of sceptimatic's quaint little homily is precisely the truth—although I'm guessing he's not cognisant of that fact sufficient to realise that he's just inadvertently made a total fool of himself.

Even at age fourteen UnCoolEric, you'll soon discern that sceptimatic is the forum's resident blowhard and purveyor of the most nonsensical pseudo-science known to man.  And rest assured that even at your relatively young age, your inherent knowledge of science and maths and physics will be light years [sic] ahead of sceptimatic's.  Believe it or not, the poor guy still believes in the absurd writings of some reformed preacher who made a lot of money charging the scientifically illiterate population 5 cents to listen to his lecture in barns and tents all over England 150 years ago.

sceptimatic might also tell you he possesses thirteen academic qualifications (which he's refused to name LOL) and has authored a dozen books (which he also refuses to name).  He also describes himself as a scientist, researcher and—believe it or not—a genius.

You also say that the flat earthers' "explanations I read to support the FE theory, seem ridiculous", and so you should.  because any rational thinker will see them for the absurd nonsense they are.  Ridiculous is probably an understatement LOL.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 06:35:22 PM »
I feel like a vulnerable kid being tugged at by two sides trying to have me pick one. I'll have to make a decision for myself. I enjoy seeing both sides, and reading what everyone has to say. I'll make a decision. I just need time to ponder and read.

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 07:13:33 PM »
most of these threads are just the flat-earthers avoiding questions by asking another question, or the round-earthers, bringing up the same exact points. If you're going to go anywhere with a debate you need more than just "there's photographic evidence!" or "how do you know those pictures aren't photoshopped?"

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 07:43:33 AM »
I feel like a vulnerable kid being tugged at by two sides trying to have me pick one. I'll have to make a decision for myself. I enjoy seeing both sides, and reading what everyone has to say. I'll make a decision. I just need time to ponder and read.
Get out in the world and have some fun.  Build a model rocket, make it a goal to get to the southern hemisphere, or northern if you live down under.  Explore, experiment and try things.  Search craigslist for a telescope and make measurements of the night sky.  Heck, if you posted something like "Broke teenager wants to discover the stars, anyone have a telescope sitting in the attic they are not using and are willing to donate?" on craigslist I bet you'd have a telescope in no time, if not for free maybe for the cost of mowing a lawn.  No one needs to tell you anything, you are free to explore and experience the world. 

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 11:01:58 AM »
UCE, just like the post above says, get out and have some fun. That is good advice. When you look into the subjects often talked about on here, I think you may find that the world and things in it are not always as advertised. Teachers and parents will tell you things that they truly believe. However many things are way different than we are taught, such as that the earth probably is truly flat. Good luck on your journey. What is that talk of your life ending? You should not even be thinking of that.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 11:53:23 AM »
UCE, just like the post above says, get out and have some fun. That is good advice. When you look into the subjects often talked about on here, I think you may find that the world and things in it are not always as advertised. Teachers and parents will tell you things that they truly believe. However many things are way different than we are taught, such as that the earth probably is truly flat. Good luck on your journey. What is that talk of your life ending? You should not even be thinking of that.

Watching a sunset, aiming a telescope at a space object, watching the movement of the stars, watching the tides, you should do those thing some time because they are proof that Earth is round.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Lemmiwinks

• President of the Non-Conformist Zetetic Council
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 12:11:09 PM »

Watching a sunset, aiming a telescope at a space object, watching the movement of the stars, watching the tides, you should do those thing some time because they are proof that Earth is round.

Or that you are unwittingly part of The Conspiracytm.
I have 13 [academic qualifications] actually. I'll leave it up to you to guess which, or simply call me a  liar. Either is fine.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 02:30:39 PM »

sceptimatic might also tell you he possesses thirteen academic qualifications (which he's refused to name LOL) and has authored a dozen books (which he also refuses to name).

Well we know right there he's lying. Anyone who has written a book will plug it to the nth degree to try and get sales. I know many authors, and indeed am one myself.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 02:32:10 PM »
Well we know right there he's lying. Anyone who has written a book will plug it to the nth degree to try and get sales. I know many authors, and indeed am one myself.

What type of books do you author? What are the titles of some of these books?
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 02:43:42 PM »

What type of books do you author? What are the titles of some of these books?

Toroidal Earth - An Illustrated History, My Wife The Stegosaurus and Mr Bull's Big Book of Interesting Ladybirds (9th edition).
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 02:45:41 PM »
Toroidal Earth - An Illustrated History, My Wife The Stegosaurus and Mr Bull's Big Book of Interesting Ladybirds (9th edition).

If any of you were curious: don't bother searching for these because they don't exist.
Read the FAQS.

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 02:49:40 PM »

If any of you were curious: don't bother searching for these because they don't exist.

Haha! Made you search!  :P
But seriously, I have written a collection of short stories but they're now out of print. So no point me plugging them. I never got rich off them, sadly.

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 01:14:24 AM »
What is that talk of your life ending?
Maybe he just read through scepti's posting history - it can make you lose your faith in humanity.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

ausGeoff

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 05:44:01 AM »
Maybe he just read through scepti's posting history - it can make you lose your faith in humanity.

Apparently some doubts have been expressed on these forums that sceptimatic is actually "human" in the normally accepted sense of the word?  Several people have suggested that he/it may just be a spam-bot generating random gibberish—as per the thousand monkeys and the thousand typewriters eventually spitting out all of Shakespeare's works.

I'd have to agree that most, if not all of his/its ramblings lack any evidence of human intelligence or logical input.   

;D

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 07:10:57 AM »
sceptimatic has yet to comprehend that around 6,000,000 scientists from 195 independent countries have researched all the geophysical and astronomical options over the past 100 years, and all have come to the identical conclusion that the earth is an oblate spheroid orbiting the sun.  Not one single scientist disagrees with that—even in North Korea, China, or Russia.

Further, he's apparently unable to name even a handful of scientist who accept his theory of a flat earth covered by some sort of reflective, atmospheric "dome", and the fact that "denpressure" controls all physical, sub-atomic, and mechanical activity on earth.

And sceptimatic can't even suggest any viable reasons as to what advantages the alleged "world government" or NWO would be achieving  if the earth were determined to be flat.  Try as I have, I can't think of any benefits to a world power.

This seems less like an on-topic post and more like a diatribe against gentle Sceptimatic.  Stop trying to derail threads with off-topic posts.

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 12:16:13 PM »
The conspiracy is not financially motivated.  It cannot be.  The cost of silencing millions far exceeds tax revenue allocated to round earth dependent programs.

The conspiracy is not power motivated.  The shape of the planet does not influence my daily life, nor to my allegiances to any entity.

The conspiracy is not motivated by saving face.  Far more respect would be won by proving other round earth believing nations wrong.

The only plausible reason for the conspiracy is benevolence.  They are hiding the truth for our own best interests, possibly to protect us.  Perhaps there are grave dangers beyond the wall.  Revealing the truth would cause global unrest and chaos.