Cunning and Provocative Youtube Flat Earth Documentary

• 8 Replies
?

Jingle Jangle

• I breathe therefore I am
Cunning and Provocative Youtube Flat Earth Documentary
« on: January 03, 2015, 11:33:40 AM »
Here is a flat earth documentary... It pretty much covers areas which comprehensibly validate the earth's flatness..

Jingle and Jangle give it two flat thumbs up...

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Cunning and Provocative Youtube Flat Earth Documentary
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 11:51:55 AM »
Seems pretty uneducated to me. Contained many points that were destroyed on here.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 12:06:56 PM »
Nice find, Jingle Jangle.

ausGeoff

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 10:43:50 AM »
Here is a flat earth documentary... It pretty much covers areas which comprehensibly validate the earth's flatness..

It has far too much fiction included to call it a "documentary".  It's simply another one of whack-job Eric Dubay's self-promotion stunts to help increase his book sales.  To be honest I stopped watching when he bought up the flat earther's hero of the day Samuel Rowbotham.  At that point I realised the whole video was just gonna be another farrago of centuries-old pseudo-science, misrepresentation, scientific ignorance, distortions of fact, fabrications, delusions, and even outright lies—all fine-tuned to attract the naive and the gullible viewer.

This is a typical example of another of this loony-tunes' absurd notions:

"Could HAARP antennas be generating earthquakes? Eric Dubay, a conspiracy blogger and American ex-pat that lives in Thailand, is part of the crowd that believes the U.S. used HAARP to cause the 8.9-magnitude earthquake that rocked northern Japan in March 2011, leading to the devastating Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear meltdown.

The gist of the argument from Dubay is that waves generated by HAARP antennas are focused on a specific part of the ionosphere with enough force to make the entire thing buckle into space; the ionosphere snaps back toward the ground with enough precision to cause a massive earthquake that devastates a strategic target that furthers American economic and defense interests."

Please don't waste your time watching this silly video of Dubay's.  It's one hour and 29 minutes of your life you'll never get back LOL.

Arith

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 02:06:09 PM »
Great. Now youtube thinks I'm a flat hatter. Thanks.
OH, and it was basically the video version of this website.
I pooped a little.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 05:40:04 PM »
Great. Now youtube thinks I'm a flat hatter. Thanks.
OH, and it was basically the video version of this website.
I pooped a little.

Just delete that video from your watch history.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

gotham

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 06:38:47 PM »
It's a video that, for all practical purposes, should be shown in science classrooms along side the traditional science load.

Let it be said there will be a diminishing number of scientists in our midst once FET obtains mainstream equality.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 03:03:38 AM by gotham »

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 08:30:20 PM »
It's a video that, for all practical purposes, should be shown in science classrooms along side the traditional science load.

Let is be said there will be a diminishing number of scientists in our midst once FET obtains mainstream equality.

Science is learning about the world by experimentation.  I am sure that there will be a lot less of that if FET takes over.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

ausGeoff

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 05:03:12 AM »
It would be more than remiss for any conscientious science teacher to show this silly video to their class—other than as a classical example of the sort of extreme idiocy that believers in pseudo-science accept as fact. Additionally, why would we even waste classroom time showing them the sort of "science" that was in vogue 150 years ago—as per Samuel Rowbotham's nonsense?  Surely it'd be more productive to show, for example, one of the many contempoaray videos of Murray Gell-Mann or Carl Sagan or Neil deGrasse Tyson?

Let it be said there will be a diminishing number of scientists in our midst once FET obtains mainstream equality.
The flat earth hypothesis (to be generous, as it's really nothing more than a "notion" at this stage) will never gain any traction at all within the science community.  It's only been subject to increasing ridicule since the days of Rowbotham's unscientific, self-promotion of the notion.  Not one scientist currently working in the fields of astrophysics or geophysics would even entertain the idea of a flat earth for a nanosecond LOL.

Thus far, no flat earther has been able to name even a handful of accredited 21st century scientists who accept the flat earth notion.  You're welcome to say "let it be said" gotham, but just saying something repeatedly doesn't make it happen.  Sorry.