HELP!

• 14 Replies
HELP!
« on: August 22, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »
I've been trying really hard to research more on the Flat Earth, but I've got nowhere. I'd appreciate a lot of help. Any kind of links, videos, articles etc. anything you have that isn't a troll. It seems that's all I can find  :'(

I've been told to find associate with a model, but even that was hard enough. Globalists are everywhere, and they're tearing me to shreds.

If anyone could truly help me out. That would be awesome, thanks.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
Re: HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 04:51:23 PM »
I've been trying really hard to research more on the Flat Earth, but I've got nowhere. I'd appreciate a lot of help. Any kind of links, videos, articles etc. anything you have that isn't a troll. It seems that's all I can find  :'(

I've been told to find associate with a model, but even that was hard enough. Globalists are everywhere, and they're tearing me to shreds.

If anyone could truly help me out. That would be awesome, thanks.

Well if your goal is to win arguments you're going to get the most bang for your buck out of learning underhanded debate tactics.  I'm sure somewhere on youtube somebody has made a series of them.

You're also going to want to acquaint yourself with the common logical fallacies as you'll be using them quite copiously. 

I wouldn't recommend going the route of science or real world observation, those historically haven't worked out well for FE proponents.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 06:01:11 PM »
That was funny, crutonius, if not entirely accurate. :)

The library is full of information,  some if it more valuable than others. Why are you arguing for or believing in anything that you don't understand?  It makes you no better than the deluded globularists plaguing the fora, even if your belief is correct. The heart of zeteticism is informed belief. It has no need for blind adherents.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 06:44:12 PM »

The library is full of information,  some if it more valuable than others. Why are you arguing for or believing in anything that you don't understand?  It makes you no better than the deluded globularists plaguing the fora, even if your belief is correct. The heart of zeteticism is informed belief. It has no need for blind adherents.

I cam here to educate myself. The earth is flat and I'm sure of it. I just need more proof and knowledge to feel at home within this group and to have people take me seriously.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 12:00:50 AM »

I cam here to educate myself. The earth is flat and I'm sure of it. I just need more proof and knowledge to feel at home within this group and to have people take me seriously.

In your introductory thread in the "lounge" subforum we've posted several links that will hopefully educate you on the subject.

Good luck.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Intelligence Officer
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 12:05:10 AM »

Oh, one more thing.  You're recommended to learn the other side as well.  Knowledge is of little value if it is never challenged.
Skip this step at your own peril.

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 02:27:47 AM »
Globalists are everywhere, and they're tearing me to shreds.

If by 'tearing you to sheds' you mean 'overwhelm you with irrefutable evidence' I'd say you have your answer.

If you insist on holding the belief that the Earth is flat and ignore all the evidence that is presented to you, and people start to make fun of you, well... yeah. Duh.

If you'd walk into a room and say you can fly by flapping your arms. But you cannot demonstrate this. Yet you keep insisting you can fly by flapping your arms, at a certain point (probably quite soon in the discussion) people will laugh at you.

What else did you expect?
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

neutrino

• FET is a religion. You can't fight faith.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 02:41:22 AM »

This is exactly kind of a FE guy! First - belief and then trying to find "facts" and "evidence" to it. So religious.
FET is religion. No evidence will convince a FE-er. It would be easier to convince Muslims they are wrong.

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 03:16:00 AM »

You are doing this backwards. Knowledge comes first. Proof comes second. Being sure of something comes third, if at all. If you do it the other way around, you are just deluding yourself.

Omega

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 03:21:03 AM »
If someone tells you he believes all people are black, and proves this by looking for, and showing, pictures of black people. And he only accepts pictures of black people as proof. And he would say 'all those pictures of white people are photoshopped'. What would you think of him?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 07:41:40 AM »
If someone tells you he believes all people are black, and proves this by looking for, and showing, pictures of black people. And he only accepts pictures of black people as proof. And he would say 'all those pictures of white people are photoshopped'. What would you think of him?
I would think he was black.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Omega

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2016, 07:58:34 AM »
I would think he was black.

Was that some sort of joke? I don't understand. Have you encountered many black people who deny that white people exist and draw your conclusion from that?

Do you mean to say that many black people share some sort of dillusion?

I don't get how that could be your conclusion?

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2016, 07:47:20 PM »

In your introductory thread in the "lounge" subforum we've posted several links that will hopefully educate you on the subject.

Good luck.

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 07:48:11 PM »
Thank you crutonius

SpJunk

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 04:14:14 AM »
 the deluded globularists plaguing the fora, even if your belief is correct. The heart of zeteticism is informed belief. It has no need for blind adherents.

The more serious case of FE infestation in recent times was greatly helped by THIS GUY
("Dr" Samuel Birley Rowbotham) and his "work" on open-hearted and naive people in small communities in England.

"He took a little time to learn his trade,
running away from a lecture in Blackburn
when he couldn't explain why the hulls of ships
disappeared before their masts when sailing out to sea."

That's why he soon created his own version of "perspective".

Someone can say that " class="bbc_link" target="_blank">THIS VIDEO is "fake", but if you find your own tall building
and see the same thing, noone can fool you that you "saw wrong".

EDIT:
The word "infestation" is just mocking on Ski.
I have nothing against her, this is just a way to show that I understood her joke. :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:38:07 PM by SpJunk »
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein

"Your lack of simplicity is main reason why not many people would bother to try to understand you." - S.M.