Gravity. What is it as a force?

• 145 Replies

ausGeoff

Re: Gravity. What is it as a force?
« Reply #120 on: December 18, 2014, 04:23:25 AM »
No counterargument therefore turns to ad hominem.

Which is more than typical when liars are exposed.  And as the majority of sceptimatic's claims are lies, also explains why he relies on ad homs in nearly every one of his responses.

Pathetic really.

« Reply #121 on: December 18, 2014, 04:48:03 AM »
Scepti's bullshit is getting increasingly desperate.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2014, 04:51:11 AM »
No bullcrap from my end. All I see are globalists desperate to keep lies as truths. That's desperate.

« Reply #123 on: December 18, 2014, 05:15:37 AM »
3.4 seconds? Did you use specific gear that would allow you to measure 0.1 seconds? Did you drop a balloon or something? Those results are not very logical with today's equations. Did you use a ball that had very little air resistance? Like the bowling ball?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #124 on: December 18, 2014, 06:17:13 AM »
3.4 seconds? Did you use specific gear that would allow you to measure 0.1 seconds? Did you drop a balloon or something? Those results are not very logical with today's equations. Did you use a ball that had very little air resistance? Like the bowling ball?
I used an old wood from bowls. Not quite round but it shouldn't take that long to drop going by your gravity.

ausGeoff

« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2014, 06:20:36 AM »

sceptimatic did not carry out any sort of "experiment" as he claimed.  You should know that he's an inveterate liar, and which fact has been proven dozens of times on these forums.  We sort of tolerate his pseudo-scientific gibberish as a bit of light-hearted humour in a sometimes dreary work day.  He's the forums' equivalent of the circus's Bozo the Clown—but with a far lower IQ.

He's half-tolerated through gritted teeth, and half laughed at most of the time.    ;D

ausGeoff

« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2014, 06:24:24 AM »
I used an old wood from bowls. Not quite round but it shouldn't take that long to drop going by your gravity.

Note that sceptimatic doesn't describe exactly what equipment/instruments he used to "measure" the drop time.  I wonder why LOL?

I can just see him now...  Uh... 1... 2... 3... uh... 3.5    ::)

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2014, 06:42:16 AM »
All you sensible thinkers out there. Watch this video and use your mouse to pause from release to impact and time it.
This height is about 65 feet. 2 seconds it should take from drop to the ground.
Make your own mind up. Ok it's not millisecond accurate but it doesn't need to be to see what's happening.

Remember as well, this is a one ton safe.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

ausGeoff

« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2014, 06:56:01 AM »
I'm a "sensible" thinker (whatever that means exactly?) and this amateurish little demo proved nothing at all about the force of gravity, accept that it's a proven, and it exists.  Poor old sceptimatic doesn't seem to realise that this actually blows his own disbelief about the existence of gravity out of the water LOL.

Then again, there's a lot in this world that he doesn't realise.    ::)

« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2014, 06:58:15 AM »
All you sensible thinkers out there. Watch this video and use your mouse to pause from release to impact and time it.
Make your own mind up. Ok it's not millisecond accurate but it doesn't need to be to see what's happening.

I watched your video. The drop starts exactly at 1:13 and finishes at 1:15. So it's 2 seconds and a bit. If you say the height is about 65 feet, then the timing is as expected. The video below is more accurate. Skip to 10:25 to see that it takes 0.64s for a ball to drop from a height of 2 meters:

#ws" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">Dropping a Ball from 2.0 Meters - An Introductory Free-Fall Acceleration Problem
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:06:04 AM by Cartesian »
I think, therefore I am

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2014, 07:57:58 AM »
No bullcrap from my end. All I see are globalists desperate to keep lies as truths. That's desperate.
Much of my knowlage of physics was obtained by experimentation because when I first heard of many laws of physics I thigh that can't be right and I tested it.  Did the government rig all of my experiments?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2014, 08:15:54 AM »
Sceptimatic seems to have forgotten that the basic Newtonian laws and many other scientific concepts actually gets tested by children in order to enhance their understanding of the real world actually works. Many kids also struggle to grasp the concepts and have to see it for themselves. Yet Scepti became so deluded after high school (assuming that he actually went to high school) that he is trying to replace the most fundamental physics that sparked the industrial revolution. It’s escalating IMO, I mean WTF, he’s trying to disprove the value of gravitational acceleration.

;D
I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2014, 08:19:02 AM »
Much of my knowlage of physics was obtained by experimentation because when I first heard of many laws of physics I thigh that can't be right and I tested it.  Did the government rig all of my experiments?
Of course the Government didn't rig all your experiments. You haven't done any; you're all talk.
Get back to reading your fantasy books.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2014, 08:22:49 AM »
Sceptimatic seems to have forgotten that the basic Newtonian laws and many other scientific concepts actually gets tested by children in order to enhance their understanding of the real world actually works. Many kids also struggle to grasp the concepts and have to see it for themselves. Yet Scepti became so deluded after high school (assuming that he actually went to high school) that he is trying to replace the most fundamental physics that sparked the industrial revolution. It’s escalating IMO, I mean WTF, he’s trying to disprove the value of gravitational acceleration.

;D
I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.
Easily testable by any human being. It doesn't require mind numbing bull crap equations to prove it's real. It just requires logic and common sense.

You don't possess it so it's not for you. You stick to your severe indoctrination just like you did as a child.

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2014, 08:41:12 AM »

;D
Easily testable by any human being. It doesn't require mind numbing bull crap equations to prove it's real. It just requires logic and common sense.

You don't possess it so it's not for you. You stick to your severe indoctrination just like you did as a child.

Hahaha

logic
ˈlɒdʒɪk/
noun
noun: logic

reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity.
    "experience is a better guide to this than deductive logic"

synonyms:   science of reasoning, science of deduction, science of thought, dialectics, argumentation, ratiocination
    "the study of logic"

a particular system or codification of the principles of proof and inference.
        "Aristotelian logic"

the systematic use of symbolic and mathematical techniques to determine the forms of valid deductive argument.
        plural noun: logics

the quality of being justifiable by reason.
        "there seemed to be a lack of logic in his remarks"
        synonyms:   reason, judgement, logical thought, rationality, cognition, wisdom, sagacity, sound judgement, sense, good sense, common sense, rationale, sanity

the course of action suggested by or following as a necessary consequence of.
        "the logic of private competition was to replace small firms by larger firms"
        synonyms:   reasoning, line of reasoning, chain of reasoning, process of reasoning, argument, argumentation
        "the economic logic of the argument"

Orifiel

• Stalwart Pumpkin god supporter
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2014, 08:48:16 AM »

;D

Please, sir, post either a link to your scholarly denpressure equation, or write it out for me :)
Je parle Français and yes, I am une fille

Pumpkin god 4 lyf

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2014, 08:56:47 AM »
Of course the Government didn't rig all your experiments. You haven't done any; you're all talk.
Many rocket launches, 3 years of trying to invent a free energy machine, trying to mathematically disprove general relativity, experimenting with throwing objects with rotation to see what would happen, experimentation with pyrotechnics, are you telling me that this is all a lie?  How convenient that you can just accuse me of lying when I do experiments that suggest that the Earth is round.  There have actually been a good few times when I come up with a theory about the universe and physics and when I do some research I figure out that my theory is either already a leading theory or it's already been proven.  I bet the next thing you will accuse me of is being a government conspirator  ::)

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #137 on: December 18, 2014, 09:21:19 AM »
Many rocket launches, 3 years of trying to invent a free energy machine, trying to mathematically disprove general relativity, experimenting with throwing objects with rotation to see what would happen, experimentation with pyrotechnics, are you telling me that this is all a lie?  How convenient that you can just accuse me of lying when I do experiments that suggest that the Earth is round.  There have actually been a good few times when I come up with a theory about the universe and physics and when I do some research I figure out that my theory is either already a leading theory or it's already been proven.  I bet the next thing you will accuse me of is being a government conspirator  ::)

There is a method to rub F’ers up just the right way for you to receive that title. Some dude here accused me of that when he posted a blurry picture of the alleged flat earth taken by flat earth astronauts. Don’t ask. I found the uncropped image on NASA’s website of all places showing it to be nothing but a lens flare while the ISS was taking a picture of the earths curved surface. He attempted to accuse me for being government agent trying to cover up the apparent fact that the earth is flat and that us or NASA photo shopped his image and uploaded it 4 years before his story.

« Reply #138 on: December 18, 2014, 10:30:08 AM »

Download and view in an editor.  Starts at 1:13:50 and hits the ground at 1:15:50.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #139 on: December 18, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »

Download and view in an editor.  Starts at 1:13:50 and hits the ground at 1:15:50.
Don't kid yourself.

« Reply #140 on: December 18, 2014, 11:12:06 AM »

Don't kid yourself.
What start and finish times do you see on the video?  Go through it frame by frame to see the times.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:16:37 PM by inquisitive »

« Reply #141 on: December 18, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »
I don't think scepti is even bothering to play any more... :'(
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

guv

« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2014, 05:20:28 PM »
A septic free Xmas would be good.

ausGeoff

« Reply #143 on: December 20, 2014, 02:52:08 AM »

I second this.  In fact a sceptimatic free 2015 would be even better.  I'm living in hope, but I won't be holding my breath LOL.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2014, 12:09:18 PM »

I second this.  In fact a sceptimatic free 2015 would be even better.  I'm living in hope, but I won't be holding my breath LOL.
I actually replied to sceptimatic's most recent post saying "Math doesn't lie, maybe that's why it's not on your side" and nobody has heard from him sense.  It is possible (however unlikely) that scepti is having second thoughts about FET.

ausGeoff

« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2014, 07:39:48 AM »
I actually replied to sceptimatic's most recent post saying "Math doesn't lie, maybe that's why it's not on your side" and nobody has heard from him sense.  It is possible (however unlikely) that scepti is having second thoughts about FET.

Judging by sceptimatic's past "performance" I'd say that he has virtually no understanding of trigonometry, algebra, physics, mechanics, or even basic arithmetic.  Asking him to explain anything or disprove anything using maths is like asking a trained seal to explain string theory LOL.

And I guess even someone as self-indoctrinated with his own acceptance of the flat earth model must at some times have a niggling doubt that the round earth "model" could in fact be the correct one.  Any rational thinker has to consider all possibilities for a given scenario defined by opposing beliefs.  sceptimatic refuses to even consider for a moment that he could be wrong, and that the round earthers are correct.  This blinds him to evaluating both "sides" of the earth model argument equally and logically, and which explains why his arguments (such as they are LOL) are invariably so short on scientific fact, but so long on fanciful notions, nonsensical pseudo-science, and bizarre rationale.  It also explains his endless ad hominems in lieu of focussing on the contentions or assertions of the round earth argument; it's the easy way out.

It's really pointless trying to debate with the guy rationally, or expect serious responses to your claims that contradict his own.  The vast majority of his non-responses are simply character assassinations or a sop to his own inflated ego.  As for actual scientific content?  Take it as zero.