The Round Earth Molten Core (We Are Not Melting)

• 19 Replies
?

Jingle Jangle

• I breathe therefore I am
The Round Earth Molten Core (We Are Not Melting)
« on: November 24, 2014, 05:42:17 PM »
The temperature of the mantle of the earth comes to about 1200 degrees Celsius...  With this in mind, observe how the sun temperature figures to about 5700 degrees Celsius...  The sun's distance from the earth, approximated to amount to over a 92 million miles, reminds me of how far the sun's radiant heat travels in RE belief...  Even though a vacuum exists in space (according to RE'ers), the heat reaches earth from a vast distance away...

I have seen the composition of the earth's crust, about how it consists of feldspar and quartz as its primary compounds and a few other metals in high concentration...  A lot more heat should actually be reaching the surface... Considering the fact of how Quartz and all metals have sufficient thermal conductivity, the large amount of radiant energy in the planet's core should still be felt...

Just take note of the thin crust of the oceans at 3 to 5 miles and 25 miles for landmasses...  The inner diameter of the earth comes to about 7,918 miles in comparison...  quartz and feldspar do not insulate heat... They conduct...  So, where does the heat exist???

With this in mind, I need to present a quartz crystal window with a giant bonfire in front of it... Please note, you will actually feel the heat...  See the crust in the same way... Know that the temperature of lava exceeds greatly that of a bonfire...  Also, note that the multiple elements that compose the crust possess superior or inferior thermal conductivity properties...

Earth's temperature only exists with an ancient flat earth model...  FE holds feasibility...  RE gets burned severely...

I want to even address planetary formation RE theory...

Take into consideration that objects sink as they solidify in their molten substances of origin...  The opposite reveals itself in water, where ice floats on the top...  This tendency comes from hydrogen bonds forming more apparently and molecules being more widely distributed from molecular polar orientation... 

If the planet coalesced from a molten state and all the crust gradually solidified to form plates, one needed to deny the existence of density changes as compounds go through phases...  The condensed form of molten rock always sinks to the bottom, never floats...  The core, in other words, needed a composition of just solid matter... No volcanoes should be possible...  The crust should be scores thicker...

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: The Round Earth Molten Core (We Are Not Melting)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:02:56 PM »
Does the skin on tomato soup sink or float?

Added: I'm a little drunk so here is the rest of my post. What you claim is correct, with the exception of water, solids are more dense than liquids. But, the mantel is not made of the same minerals as the crust. What you claim is only valid for the same composition for both the liquid and solid phase.

So yeah you are right in your thinking but wrong in your logic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crust_%28geology%29
The crust is generally less dense than the mantel.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:14:18 PM by sokarul »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »
Just as an FYI, the round earth inner core is believed to be solid, not molten.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_core
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 12:46:56 AM »
Considering we've apparently only been able to drill down about 7km, I'd say that this core carry on is a pathetic fantasy if the Earth was a globe.

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 05:26:37 AM »

there's a guy, an expert, he buries boxes full of TNT in the middle of some desert, about ten feet deep.
then he detonates it.

then, and here's the clever part, he listens for echos, with a convoluted stethoscope, and has thus determined much and more about the 'earths core'.

science, it's mostly really stupid.

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 05:28:03 AM »

there's a guy, an expert, he buries boxes full of TNT in the middle of some desert, about ten feet deep.
then he detonates it.

then, and here's the clever part, he listens for echos, with a convoluted stethoscope, and has thus determined much and more about the 'earths core'.

Yet it gives you your computer and internet to type that post and have it sent.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 06:35:47 AM »

then he detonates it.

Is he an anti blow up guy or does he do this on a train track a few miles away?
Frigging stethoscope after TNT blasts to figure out Earth's core. Hahahahaha. Nice one, that made me laugh like hell.  ;D

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 06:41:33 AM »

Instead of using CAT-scans and X-rays to see the center of the Earth, researchers use waves emitted by earthquakes to get a sense of the planet’s innards. Just like an X-ray, seismic waves bounce around, changing direction and speed based on the material they pass through. If researchers can gauge how quickly a wave moves from one tracking station to another, they can get a pretty good sense of what the ground that wave is traveling through looks like.

?

Jingle Jangle

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 07:15:13 AM »

However, everything would have to sink down and the mantle would need to be solid as well...

Also...

Tomato soup and skin flotation does not serve as a suitable example since the skin possesses a different composition than the soup itself...  The skin already possesses a lower density...

Volcanoes only stop erupting because the magma hardens and sinks to the bottom...  The hole becomes clogged over time...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:20:26 AM by Jingle Jangle »

?

Jingle Jangle

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 07:19:17 AM »

then he detonates it.

The density of lava compared to water exceeds by only a factor of three...  However, the viscosity of lava comes to about 89 Pa, exceeding the viscosity of water by a factor of 100,000...  Considering this fact, any stethoscope experiment proves to be inaccurate... The sound would bounce off differently every single time...  You need a liquid with a very low viscosity like alcohol or water for ultra penetration of sound waves...

Something to ponder over...

What sinks and rises only depends on density not viscosity...  It would just take a longer period of time for something to sink...  And the alleged methane environment of early earth seemingly complicates the issue by several more degrees, pointing out the actual fact that methane molecules cool things down slower due to their lower kinetic momentum than standard air. (things cool down because air molecules make contact with objects and absorb thermal energy then flee away)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:29:50 AM by Jingle Jangle »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 10:35:48 AM »

However, everything would have to sink down and the mantle would need to be solid as well...
Not always.  A lot of it depends on the relative densities of the different materials, which does not necessarily depend on something being solid or liquid.  After all, solid wood generally floats quite nicely on top of liquid water.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 01:25:36 PM »

Not always.  A lot of it depends on the relative densities of the different materials, which does not necessarily depend on something being solid or liquid.  After all, solid wood generally floats quite nicely on top of liquid water.

Or chocolate truffles b
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 03:22:12 PM »

then he detonates it.

the tires and engine on my car too?

are all inventors scientists, i equate them as being closer to engineers, making things and theorizing as to their structure, or why they work expressed mathematically, are very different.

and as i said, most of it is stupid, this does allow for a remainder.

lastly, you do realise that the 'internet', and being 'on it' is dependent on and fundamentally the telephone.

and despite the hype, computers + internet = people staring at a screen, full of almost entirely bullshit; ring any bells?
separate hyperbole from the actual facts and most cutting-edge advances are not.

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 03:27:43 PM »

then he detonates it.

Frigging stethoscope after TNT blasts to figure out Earth's core. Hahahahaha. Nice one, that made me laugh like hell.  ;D

i think he and his little troupe of acolytes travel by battered 4x4, as is the fashion for the indiana jones archetype adventurer-visionary, there is at least one, probably many, propaganda/documentary that shows him out in the wild with his shovel and explosives.

he appears, unsurprisingly, to be quite a twat.

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 03:34:53 PM »

then he detonates it.

The density of lava compared to water exceeds by only a factor of three...  However, the viscosity of lava comes to about 89 Pa, exceeding the viscosity of water by a factor of 100,000...  Considering this fact, any stethoscope experiment proves to be inaccurate... The sound would bounce off differently every single time...  You need a liquid with a very low viscosity like alcohol or water for ultra penetration of sound waves...

Something to ponder over...

What sinks and rises only depends on density not viscosity...  It would just take a longer period of time for something to sink...  And the alleged methane environment of early earth seemingly complicates the issue by several more degrees, pointing out the actual fact that methane molecules cool things down slower due to their lower kinetic momentum than standard air. (things cool down because air molecules make contact with objects and absorb thermal energy then flee away)

i was being sarcastic regarding this - 'boom-boom' - ssshhhhh - five mile wide ball of steel - scientific scientist, and his absurd claims. but i think you fall into the trap of associated bullshit with the 'early earth' and its properties or their behaviour.

the whole ancient (billions and billions of years ago......) earth, and its space crumb coagulation formative process, has its roots firmly entwined with the other established, establishment staples.

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 03:39:06 PM »

i note the five mile wide ball of molten steel has recently morphed into a solid version. crackpot theories habitually 'evolve' as they 'shit the bed', basically claiming the excrement was always there, and both intentional and vital.

so the spinning, while circling, while flying, while moving rock ball now has a ball bearing. going round in circles indeed.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 03:41:31 PM »

then he detonates it.

the tires and engine on my car too?

are all inventors scientists, i equate them as being closer to engineers, making things and theorizing as to their structure, or why they work expressed mathematically, are very different.

and as i said, most of it is stupid, this does allow for a remainder.

lastly, you do realise that the 'internet', and being 'on it' is dependent on and fundamentally the telephone.

and despite the hype, computers + internet = people staring at a screen, full of almost entirely bullshit; ring any bells?
separate hyperbole from the actual facts and most cutting-edge advances are not.

Stupid is conflating a basic action (e.g. Blowing shit up) with something stupid. Science, and many other endeavors, are comprised of really basic repetitive actions.

Now tell me where horrendous grammar and formatting falls on your scale of intelligence?

then he detonates it.

i think he and his little troupe of acolytes travel by battered 4x4, as is the fashion for the indiana jones archetype adventurer-visionary, there is at least one, probably many, propaganda/documentary that shows him out in the wild with his shovel and explosives.

he appears, unsurprisingly, to be quite a twat.

You sound very jealous of him and appear to be compensating by extreme derision and incredulity. Did he get your high school sweetheart?

tl;dr

One of the most pointless series of posts in FES history and I replied to them.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 03:42:47 PM »

i note the five mile wide ball of molten steel has recently morphed into a solid version. crackpot theories habitually 'evolve' as they 'shit the bed', basically claiming the excrement was always there, and both intentional and vital.

so the spinning, while circling, while flying, while moving rock ball now has a ball bearing. going round in circles indeed.

So you don't understand the theory and so you reject it. Gotcha.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 05:51:08 PM »

Also...

Tomato soup and skin flotation does not serve as a suitable example since the skin possesses a different composition than the soup itself...  The skin already possesses a lower density...

If you do believe this, why does this thread even exist?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

ausGeoff

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 11:23:43 PM »
Considering we've apparently only been able to drill down about 7km, I'd say that this core carry on is a pathetic fantasy if the Earth was a globe.
And again—when I think he's run the gamut of absurdity with his responses—sceptimatic manages to surprise me.  LOL.  Well, not really.

Apparently, he now seems to think that we actually have to drill a hole to the centre of the earth to check out its changing densities at different depths.  Jules Verne would by most impressed.

Our resident forum retard really needs to read up on SEISMOLOGY.  But if he did, then I'm sure he'd just say it's all "bullcrap"—which seems to be his standard response to anything of even a vaguely scientific nature.