Re: GLOBAL CONSPIRACY
« Reply #870 on: January 31, 2015, 09:57:25 AM »
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #871 on: January 31, 2015, 12:25:23 PM »
When someone puts forward such mindless junk he/she should be aware that by doing this he/she throws away last pieces of his/her credibility! That is why, for example, i don't expect of Alpha2Omega to take a stand on ZIGZAG argument, because, even if he still might be adherent of RET (although i can hardly believe that any serious person could proceed with such stubbornness, after taking note of indisputable validity and undeniable power of ZIGZAG argument), he is not stupid at all (QUITE CONTRARY!!!), and i am very sad that i can't use the same words for many other REs here.

FET predicts that sunsets don't happen and neither model predicts that the Sun zig zags in the arctic circle.  The Sun clearly sets and the Sun does not zig zag, so obviously the Earth is round.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #872 on: January 31, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »
When someone puts forward such mindless junk he/she should be aware that by doing this he/she throws away last pieces of his/her credibility! That is why, for example, i don't expect of Alpha2Omega to take a stand on ZIGZAG argument, because, even if he still might be adherent of RET (although i can hardly believe that any serious person could proceed with such stubbornness, after taking note of indisputable validity and undeniable power of ZIGZAG argument), he is not stupid at all (QUITE CONTRARY!!!), and i am very sad that i can't use the same words for many other REs here.

FET predicts that sunsets don't happen and neither model predicts that the Sun zig zags in the arctic circle.  The Sun clearly sets and the Sun does not zig zag, so obviously the Earth is round.

No, the earth is obviously not flat. It could be toroidal.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #873 on: January 31, 2015, 03:14:40 PM »
Nice job with your animation Mike. For some reason they still are clinging to their failure of an argument. To put another nail in the coffin, and to show off a program which I think should be in the disposal of every member of this forum, I have made a video further illustrating your point.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Using SpaceEngine as a guide can be useful for FE'ers and RE'ers alike. Enjoy the video.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:41:19 PM by Jet Fission »
To a flat earth theorist, being a "skeptic" is to have confirmation bias.
Just because I'm a genius doesn't mean I know everything.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #874 on: January 31, 2015, 05:24:42 PM »

No, the earth is obviously not flat. It could be toroidal.

Although your toroidal Earth theory is a LOT better the FET, it still lacks experimental and mathematical evidence.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #875 on: January 31, 2015, 05:25:41 PM »
Nice job with your animation Mike. For some reason they still are clinging to their failure of an argument. To put another nail in the coffin, and to show off a program which I think should be in the disposal of every member of this forum, I have made a video further illustrating your point.

Using SpaceEngine as a guide can be useful for FE'ers and RE'ers alike. Enjoy the video.

I love space engine ;D  I have it downloaded on my computer already.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #876 on: January 31, 2015, 09:17:07 PM »
Ckljamas, please explain your zig zag argument in words again. The video wasn't helpful to me.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #877 on: January 31, 2015, 09:22:40 PM »
Ckljamas, please explain your zig zag argument in words again. The video wasn't helpful to me.

This is proof that Ckljamas sucks at explaining things and/or has a fundamentally flawed argument.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

BJ1234

« Reply #880 on: February 01, 2015, 07:33:27 AM »
100%

Fixed YouTube link.    :)
I think there might be something wrong on your end Aus.  You seem to be the only one that I have noticed complaining about the links on the site.  They all seem to work for me. 

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #881 on: February 01, 2015, 07:43:19 AM »

Explanation No 1:

If the Earth rotated, first half of a Polar Day you would see the Sun apparently moving from LEFT TO RIGHT, and when you reached the Turning Point (that is the moment of SUNSET (in lower latitudes)), the Sun would suddenly start to go back in opposite direction, that is to say, second half of a Polar Day you would see the Sun apparently moving from RIGHT TO LEFT, then when you reached the next Turning Point (that is the moment of SUNRISE (in lower latitudes)), the Sun would suddenly change direction of it's path in the sky in opposite direction and start to move again from LEFT TO RIGHT beginning new Polar Day...

Imagine that you are able to see through the Earth, what would you see from your latitude (wherever it is) during the second part of a day (while there is a NIGHT) if you observed the Sun through the Earth from the other side of the Earth?

In which direction would the Sun apparently move?

From LEFT TO RIGHT (as it is the case during the day) or from RIGHT TO LEFT?

@ Hoppy, would you be so kind to answer to the question above?

Explanation No 2:

If the Sun circles around and above you, then you are within a circle which Sun draws traveling above and around you.

This is the only way how traveling-Sun (not traveling-Earth) can continually draw (without changing it's "apparent direction of journey") it's path (above and around you) as an unbroken - 24 hours a day - circle, which you could continually - 24 hours a day - observe (during northern summer) if you were placed within the "arctic circle".

On the other hand, if you are on a spinning globe, and the Sun is many millions of miles far away from you, you are completely out of a circle which i have described above. In this hypothetical case you are on merry go round. Now, all you have to do is to imagine yourself on merry go round, observing some immovable light which is placed, let's say 100 meters away from you.

What kind of a phenomena you will have to notice (by necessity) by continually observing immovable light in front of you while you are on merry go round?

You will witness exactly what i have described in my ZIGZAG argument!

Explanation No 3:

When our observer within arctic circle passes turning point, he begins to move in opposite direction, his motion in opposite direction lasts one half of a day (12 hours), so the point is this that whenever our observer reaches a turning point, he begins to move in opposite direction, and that motion lasts one half of a day.

So, during first half of a day our observer goes from left to right, what he sees? - He sees apparent motion of the sun which apparently goes in opposite direction (right to left)!

After he pass turning point, that is, during second half of a day our observer goes from right to left, what he sees now? - He sees apparent motion of the sun which apparently goes in opposite direction (left to right).

Once our observer in arctic circle changes his direction of motion, he keeps going in that direction for next 12 hours, all the way up until he reaches his next turning point.

On top of that:

What Mikeman's video animation actually depicts is what i was trying to point out to, in my argument No 1, here:

http://72.52.145.132/257076-post83.html

However, i have to make one little correction concerning my argument No 1:

Our northern house (placed directly on Potato's axis) would make ONE VERY SLOW rotation per day, although we could loosen the camera on the roof of our northern house, so that it is always directed towards the sun, that is how absolute orientation of our camera would never change, and what our northern camera would record, if the Earth were a globe (better to say : a Potato) and spun on it's axis, would be something very similar to what Mikeman's video animation shows.

Now, we have to put this question:

If the Earth rotated on it's axis, and if Earth-Sun dimensions-ratio and Earth-Sun distances-ratio were in accordance with HC theory, how far away from the North Pole we should have to go, in order to notice ZIGZAG phenomena, and stop to notice phenomena "NO 1" (about which i am talking in my argument NO 1)???

You will better understand the meaning of the question above after watching this video: "ZIGZAG demonstration" :

This problem raises misunderstandings and questions like this:

@ Mikeman, according to you, people who live in Greenland can not see any apparent motion of the Sun across the sky? The Sun is immovable spot in the sky not only for the hypothetical observer who stands directly at the North Pole (which scenario nobody ever saw, and never will be able to see in the future), but, according to you, the Sun should be immovable spot in the sky even for people who live thousands of miles away from the North Pole, also???

This is the so called "small effect" problem that Alpha2Omega and Rottingroom have talked about.

They didn't even deny ZIGZAG phenomena, they just have pointed out that because of that "small effect" our observer in Arctic wouldn't be able to notice it.

Do you sense now, what all the wonders (wonderful flaws) HC pandora's box hides???

The point is this:

If the Earth rotates there is a parallax (the Sun's apparent daily motion across the sky in two different directions) which is a consequence of Earth's independent rotational motion, and even if we can not notice it at a very close distance from the North Pole, we should be able to measure it with advanced instruments. But at enough great distances from the North Pole we should be able to notice this parallax easily with naked eyes.

If the Earth is at rest, there is no such parallax (as a consequence of Earth's independent rotational motion), which means that there aren't two different directions of the Sun's apparent daily motion across the sky because there aren't two directions of Earth's rotational daily motion. In another words, the Sun's apparent daily motion across the sky is one directional closed loop below which is placed our hypothetical observer within Arctic circle.

Should i be more clear?

"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #882 on: February 01, 2015, 07:54:13 AM »

Explanation No 1:

If the Earth rotated, first half of a Polar Day you would see the Sun apparently moving from LEFT TO RIGHT, and when you reached the Turning Point (that is the moment of SUNSET (in lower latitudes)), the Sun would suddenly start to go back in opposite direction, that is to say, second half of a Polar Day you would see the Sun apparently moving from RIGHT TO LEFT, then when you reached the next Turning Point (that is the moment of SUNRISE (in lower latitudes)), the Sun would suddenly change direction of it's path in the sky in opposite direction and start to move again from LEFT TO RIGHT beginning new Polar Day...

Imagine that you are able to see through the Earth, what would you see from your latitude (wherever it is) during the second part of a day (while there is a NIGHT) if you observed the Sun through the Earth from the other side of the Earth?

Before the first turning point, lets say at mid day,  what direction are you looking to see the sun? After the turning point, lets say 12 hours opposite mid day, when you claim the sun should be move backwards, what direction are you looking to see the sun?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #883 on: February 01, 2015, 08:40:08 AM »

Explanation No 1:

Explanation No 2:

If the Sun circles around and above you, then you are within a circle which Sun draws traveling above and around you.

This is the only way how traveling-Sun (not traveling-Earth) can continually draw (without changing it's "apparent direction of journey") it's path (above and around you) as an unbroken - 24 hours a day - circle, which you could continually - 24 hours a day - observe (during northern summer) if you were placed within the "arctic circle".

On the other hand, if you are on a spinning globe, and the Sun is many millions of miles far away from you, you are completely out of a circle which i have described above. In this hypothetical case you are on merry go round. Now, all you have to do is to imagine yourself on merry go round, observing some immovable light which is placed, let's say 100 meters away from you.

What kind of a phenomena you will have to notice (by necessity) by continually observing immovable light in front of you while you are on merry go round?

Explanation No 3:

When our observer within arctic circle passes turning point, he begins to move in opposite direction, his motion in opposite direction lasts one half of a day (12 hours), so the point is this that whenever our observer reaches a turning point, he begins to move in opposite direction, and that motion lasts one half of a day.

So, during first half of a day our observer goes from left to right, what he sees? - He sees apparent motion of the sun which apparently goes in opposite direction (right to left)!

After he pass turning point, that is, during second half of a day our observer goes from right to left, what he sees now? - He sees apparent motion of the sun which apparently goes in opposite direction (left to right).

Once our observer in arctic circle changes his direction of motion, he keeps going in that direction for next 12 hours, all the way up until he reaches his next turning point.

On top of that:

What Mikeman's video animation actually depicts is what i was trying to point out to, in my argument No 1, here:

http://72.52.145.132/257076-post83.html

However, i have to make one little correction concerning my argument No 1:

Our northern house (placed directly on Potato's axis) would make ONE VERY SLOW rotation per day, although we could loosen the camera on the roof of our northern house, so that it is always directed towards the sun, that is how absolute orientation of our camera would never change, and what our northern camera would record, if the Earth were a globe (better to say : a Potato) and spun on it's axis, would be something very similar to what Mikeman's video animation shows.

Now, we have to put this question:

If the Earth rotated on it's axis, and if Earth-Sun dimensions-ratio and Earth-Sun distances-ratio were in accordance with HC theory, how far away from the North Pole we should have to go, in order to notice ZIGZAG phenomena, and stop to notice phenomena "NO 1" (about which i am talking in my argument NO 1)???

You will better understand the meaning of the question above after watching this video: "ZIGZAG demonstration" :

This problem raises misunderstandings and questions like this:

@ Mikeman, according to you, people who live in Greenland can not see any apparent motion of the Sun across the sky? The Sun is immovable spot in the sky not only for the hypothetical observer who stands directly at the North Pole (which scenario nobody ever saw, and never will be able to see in the future), but, according to you, the Sun should be immovable spot in the sky even for people who live thousands of miles away from the North Pole, also???

This is the so called "small effect" problem that Alpha2Omega and Rottingroom have talked about.

They didn't even deny ZIGZAG phenomena, they just have pointed out that because of that "small effect" our observer in Arctic wouldn't be able to notice it.

Do you sense now, what all the wonders (wonderful flaws) HC pandora's box hides???

The point is this:

If the Earth rotates there is a parallax (the Sun's apparent daily motion across the sky in two different directions) which is a consequence of Earth's independent rotational motion, and even if we can not notice it at a very close distance from the North Pole, we should be able to measure it with advanced instruments. But at enough great distances from the North Pole we should be able to notice this parallax easily with naked eyes.

If the Earth is at rest, there is no such parallax (as a consequence of Earth's independent rotational motion), which means that there aren't two different directions of the Sun's apparent daily motion across the sky because there aren't two directions of Earth's rotational daily motion. In another words, the Sun's apparent daily motion across the sky is one directional closed loop below which is placed our hypothetical observer within Arctic circle.

Should i be more clear?

The Earth's diameter is about 8,000 miles and the Sun is about 93,000,000 miles away, and some simple trig reveals that daily parallax caused by the rotation of the Earth at the distance of the Sun is a little bit less then 0.01 degrees.  Remember that the Sun also does it's normal apparent movements across the sky and it's apparent position being off by 0.01 degrees is not going to be easy to detect let alone have a big effect on things.

« Reply #884 on: February 01, 2015, 09:58:49 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean by being in or out of a circle, or what that circle is.  If you're within the arctic circle, then you're in the arctic circle.

Anyway, a merry-go-round.  Excellent choice.  To be more realistic, place the light source at least a mile away.  Now put your observation position close to the surface perhaps a foot away from the center.  The edge of the merry-go-round will be the horizon.  Spin it and turn so you always face the light source.  The edge/horizon moves the same direction the from your point of view the entire time.

There will be no zig-zag.

Zig-zag can be dis-proven even using a simple record player (for whoever still owns one anyway).  If you have a record player with a square housing, simply put your finger an inch or two from center while holding a pencil with that same hand and spin the record while keeping the pencil parallel with one side of the housing.  The pencil is the line of sight looking toward the sun and the edge of the record is the horizon.  It moves only one direction in relation to the pencil the entire time.

Zig-zag is done.  Next topic.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #885 on: February 01, 2015, 10:18:47 AM »
If your argument is that this parallax is imperceptible on a rotating globe because of that 0,01 degree, then you should be able to explain why apparent daily and "nightly" motion of the midnight Sun is so drastically perceptible despite this very same 0,01 degree?
Anyway, a merry-go-round.  Excellent choice.  To be more realistic, place the light source at least a mile away.  Now put your observation position close to the surface perhaps a foot away from the center.  The edge of the merry-go-round will be the horizon.  Spin it and turn so you always face the light source.  The edge/horizon moves the same direction the from your point of view the entire time.

There will be zig-zag, only you wouldn't notice it with naked eyes.

But the point is that in that case you wouldn't notice huge apparent daily motion of the Sun as we know it in our reality, also!

What you are depicting is a scenario of my argument "NO 1" which is something completely different than my ZIGZAG argument.

You can not use that 0,01 degree (when it suits you) to rule out parallax, and then discard that 0,01 degree (when it doesn't suit you) when you have to explain huge effect of the apparent motion of the sun across the sky as we see it in our reality.

The very same reason (alleged rotation of the Earth from West to East) that causes you to observe "apparent" daily motion of the Sun from East to West), would be the reason which would enable you to observe (if you could see through the Earth) nightly motion of the Sun from West to East, am i right?

So, the very same reason why you see in Arctic circle Sun's "apparent" motion from East to West during the first 12 hours of one polar day, would be the reason which would enable you to observe "nightly" apparent motion of the midnight Sun from West to East (if the Earth rotated) during the second half of the same polar day, am i right?

Only, during the second half of the same polar day the apparent motion of the Sun would be in opposite direction (with respect to the first half of the polar day), because you would travel in opposite direction (with respect to the direction of your motion during the first half of the polar day) on a rotating globe during the second half of the same polar day.

There is no escape from ZIGZAG argument!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:23:57 AM by cikljamas »

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #886 on: February 01, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »
If your argument is that this parallax is imperceptible on a rotating globe because of that 0,01 degree, then you should be able to explain why apparent daily and "nightly" motion of the midnight Sun is so drastically perceptible despite this very same 0,01 degree?

There will be zig-zag, only you wouldn't notice it with naked eyes.

But the point is that in that case you wouldn't notice apparent daily motion of the Sun, also!

What you are depicting is a scenario of my argument "NO 1" which is something completely different than my ZIGZAG argument.

You can not use that 0,01 degree (when it suits you) to rule out parallax, and then discard that 0,01 degree (when it doesn't suit you) when you have to explain huge effect of the apparent motion of the sun across the sky as we see it in our reality.

The very same reason (alleged rotation of the Earth from West to East) that causes you to observe "apparent" daily motion of the Sun from East to West), would be the reason which would enable you to observe (if you could see through the Earth) nightly motion of the Sun from West to East, am i right?

So, the very same reason why you see in Arctic circle Sun's "apparent" motion from East to West during the first 12 hours of one polar day, would be the reason which would enable you to observe "nightly" apparent motion of the midnight Sun from West to East during the second half of the same polar day, am i right?

Only, during the second half of the same polar day the apparent motion of the Sun would be in opposite direction (with respect to the first half of the polar day), because you would travel in opposite direction (with respect to the direction of your motion during the first half of the polar day) on a rotating globe during the second half of the same polar day.

There is no escape from ZIGZAG argument!

The aperent motion of the Sun across the sky is caused by the Earth rotating so the aperent angle of the Sun changes and it has nothing to do with parallax.  The experiment linked in my forum signature proves that the parallax is a tiny effect (as well as disproves FET).  On the animation that I made about the zig zag argument the Earth is rotating at a constant rate counter clockwise and the camera is rotating at a constant rate clockwise, which means that the Sun's apperent motion is always in the same direction.  You should try to prove your (flawed) zig zag argument using Space Engine, which simulates a round Earth just like the one we live on.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #887 on: February 01, 2015, 10:41:32 AM »
Ciklajamas, can you please read the responses we're giving you? We've given you TWO simulation models, we've given you trig explanations, and we've told you hundreds of times that the sun is too big and too far away for any movement to be visible.

Read.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #888 on: February 01, 2015, 12:43:31 PM »
@ Jet Fission, you should first learn how to spell out "mama" and "papa", then you should come back here and give us a straight answer to this simple question:

After you correctly answer to this question, everything is going to be perfectly clear, even to you.

@ Hoppy, are you waiting for an explanation no. 4?

@ Jroa, is there anything that you would like to clarify regarding my ZIGZAG argument?

@ Saros, do you understand ZIGZAG argument?

@ Other Flat Earthers, how are you?

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #889 on: February 01, 2015, 12:50:18 PM »
@ Jet Fission, you should first learn how to spell out "mama" and "papa", then you should come back here and give us a straight answer to this simple question:

After you correctly answer to this question, everything is going to be perfectly clear, even to you.

@ Jroa, is there anything that you would like to clarify regarding my ZIGZAG argument?

Right to left.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #890 on: February 01, 2015, 01:13:10 PM »
From left to right, in the northern hemisphere, and from right to left in the southern. Are you suggesting that because of perspective the sun moves in different directions for both hemispheres? I hope not.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 01:19:58 PM by Jet Fission »

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #891 on: February 01, 2015, 01:39:33 PM »

That depends on what hemisphere you are in and weather you are always facing the Sun.  If you are always facing the Sun then it will appear to travel in the same direction throughout the day.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #892 on: February 01, 2015, 02:27:55 PM »

Right to left.

That settles the matter!

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #893 on: February 01, 2015, 02:29:21 PM »

Right to left.

That settles the matter!
That settles what? Perspective?

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #894 on: February 01, 2015, 03:18:24 PM »
Well, we won this game, but there is another croatian victory ahead us : http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/more-family-fun/201501/pete-carroll-bill-belichick-super-bowl-nfl-football-croatia

Cheers!

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #895 on: February 01, 2015, 03:29:50 PM »
Well, we won this game, but there is another croatian victory ahead us : http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/more-family-fun/201501/pete-carroll-bill-belichick-super-bowl-nfl-football-croatia

Cheers!
Lol, you're a joke. You seem too scared to even explain yourself, or even read. Seriously, read the responses. It's annoying watching you prance around claiming yourself victorious as we rittle you with bullets.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #896 on: February 01, 2015, 06:20:21 PM »
ZigZag argument is as beautiful as Croatia : You can't beat this beauty : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #897 on: February 01, 2015, 06:22:06 PM »
ZigZag argument is as beautiful as Croatia : You can't beat this beauty : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Good to know you've given up. Nothing to here then, move along.

« Reply #898 on: February 01, 2015, 08:22:58 PM »

From my latitude in the northern hemisphere, it would appear to move from left to right in relation to the other side of the planet, which would be moving right to left... just like the horizon from within the arctic circle as the person or camera tracks the sun. 

Case closed.  Zigzag is wrong.  Next topic.

Right to left.
Can you explain this answer?

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #899 on: February 02, 2015, 11:54:51 AM »
Perhaps we should stop using the terms "right" and "left" when talking about two dimensional motion dependent on perspective.

How about the terms "clockwise" and "counter clockwise" with respect to the north pole?