GLOBAL CONSPIRACY

• 1592 Replies

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
Re: GLOBAL CONSPIRACY
« Reply #420 on: December 20, 2014, 10:47:40 AM »
I have proved that the Earth is flat beyond any reasonable doubt, and i did it by using broken english!!! You shills should be terribly ashamed bearing in mind that fact, but you don't even know the true meaning of that word (a shame), do you?

Now, shall we check the true meaning of one another word:

Noun: SHILL

A decoy who acts as an enthusiastic customer in order to stimulate the participation of others

Act as a SHILL:

"The shill bid for the expensive carpet during the auction in order to drive the price up"

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

"Shill" typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. "Plant" and "stooge" more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization (see double agent).

Fuck you NASA employees!

Oh, i forgot to wish you a merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Special thanks goes to SAROS and SCEPTIMATIC!

As for NASA employees: Enjoy your lunacy, that's all you've got, i just hope that you are payed well, because you are doing a good job as a professional shills.

Mahalia Jackson - Joy to the World (Vinyl, 1962) : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Tom Jones - I'll Be Home For Christmas - 1970 : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
Michael Bublé Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
KLM Wishing you a Magical Christmas : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

HELIOCENTRICITY DEBUNKED : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
They are running scared of you. That's why the attacks on you are getting more frequent. The attempted ridicule of your work, almost to frenzy status by the usual suspects is, or should be telling to all who have the ability to use their heads.

Don't give up with these clowns. Your input is exceptional and is being taken in by those who can see the reality.

Scepti, i would like to refer to your words by this question:

Why would president of the USA himself, subtly attacked Flat Earth Society?

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as ‘flat-Earth society’ : http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/307655-obama-we-dont-have-time-for-a-meeting-of-the-flat-earth-society

Man-made global warming is a lie and not backed up by science, claims leading meteorologist : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2804727/There-NO-climate-crisis-Man-global-warming-lie-not-backed-science-claims-leading-meteorologist.html#ixzz3MSnbX5js

31,000 scientists say "no convincing evidence"
. : http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/myths/31000-scientists-say-no-convincing-evidence

At the heart of the hoax is a contempt for mankind and a belief that population worldwide should be reduced. The science advisor to President Obama, John Holdren, has advocated forced abortions, sterilization by introducing infertility drugs into the nation’s drinking water and food, and other totalitarian measures. “Overpopulation is still central to the use of climate change as a political vehicle,” warns Dr. Ball.

Given that the environmental movement has been around since the 1960s, it has taken decades for the public to grasp its intent and the torrents of lies that have been used to advance it. “More people,” notes Dr. Ball, “are starting to understand that what they’re told about climate change by academia, the mass media, and the government is wrong, especially the propaganda coming from the UN and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.”

“Ridiculous claims—like the science is settled or the debate is over—triggered a growing realization that something was wrong.”  When the global warming advocates began to tell people that cooling is caused by warming, the public has realized how absurd the entire UN climate change argument has been.

Worse, however, has been “the deliberate deceptions, misinformation, manipulation of records and misapplying scientific method and research” to pursue a political objective. Much of this is clearly unlawful, but it is unlikely that any of those who perpetrated the hoax will ever be punished and, in the case of Al Gore and the IPCC, they shared a Nobel Peace Prize!

We are all in debt to Dr. Ball and a score of his fellow scientists who exposed the lies and debunked the hoax; their numbers are growing with thousands of scientists signing petitions and participating in international conferences to expose this massive global deception.

Read more : http://blog.heartland.org/2014/03/a-history-of-the-disastrous-global-warming-hoax/

I find it extremely suspicious that when someone believes in aliens it is okay, but if someone doesn't believe the Earth is a sphere he is labelled crazy.

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2008/07/masonic-truth-behind-aliensufos.html
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 10:55:48 AM by cikljamas »
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

« Reply #421 on: December 20, 2014, 11:58:38 AM »
I have proved that the Earth is flat beyond any reasonable doubt, and i did it by using broken english!!!

You use such big words, too, and color them red to make them more convincing.

Can you provide a link to where this supposedly happened? Most of us think the only thing you have proved so far is that you don't think clearly; I'm certainly convinced of that! Do you consider ignoring rebuttals and requests for clarification "proof"? If so, then I can see why you would think you have "proved" a lot of things.

For instance, did you get a chance to check on this from your previous rant post?

"6. Casiopeia [sic] is approximately 11,000 light-years (3.4 kpc) away from us in the Milky Way."

A constellation's stars aren't at even approximately the same distance from earth, so this appears to be an error. Was it Cas A you were thinking of?

Any comments about the rest of the reply to that post? Do you see why the constellations won't change shape rapidly enough to be significant in only 5,000 years? Since you just moved on, does that mean you are satisfied with the reply and don't have answers to the questions?

There are several unanswered questions from the earlier parallel-tube post as well.

Is this how to "prove" something?

<wow!>

Happy Holidays to you, too!
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #422 on: December 20, 2014, 03:34:27 PM »
Is this how to "prove" something?

This is how to PROVE something:

ASHES TO ASHES, DUST TO DUST:

A) Crushing the pillars of a Heliocentric theory: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1645003#msg1645003

B) ZIGZAG ARGUMENT:

Yes, my ZIGZAG argument is only about that : "the utterly massive apparent motion caused by a constantly changing FOV (360°) via rotation", but you are the one who try to compromise my argument by bringing up (into discussion) "sizes and distances" issue, only it didn't and it wont help you any way...

Alleged "constantly changing FOV via rotation" is the reason for apparent motion of the sun in one direction, but if you were in arctic circle during the northern summer, how come that you wouldn't be able to see the same apparent motion, only IN DIFFERENT DIRECTION, after you reach the TURNING POINT?

Parallax you say? Yes, ZIGZAG motion really is kind of a parallax, which would be (if the Earth rotated) produced solely due to Earth's rotation, and due to nothing else but rotation. So, it's still all about "the utterly massive apparent motion caused by a constantly changing FOV (360°) via rotation"!

However, such phenomena is unobservable, because it doesn't exist, and it doesn't exist because the Earth is at rest, that is to say, there isn't any kind of motion of the Earth whatsoever!

I don't describe in my ZIGZAG argument all details ((alleged tilt of the Earth (and accompanying "up & down" apparent motion of the sun), "turning head" and things like that)), i only describe one major thing which is the core of my argument: ZIGGING & ZAGGING ( LEFT AND RIGHT) OF THE SUN!

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1643762#msg1643762

This is my final and last attempt to help you understand my ZIGZAG argument:

If the Earth rotated, first half of a Polar Day you would see the Sun apparently moving from LEFT TO RIGHT, and when you reached the Turning Point (that is the moment of SUNSET (in lower latitudes)), the Sun would suddenly start to go back in opposite direction, that is to say, second half of a Polar Day you would see the Sun apparently moving from RIGHT TO LEFT, then when you reached the next Turning Point (that is the moment of SUNRISE (in lower latitudes)), the Sun would suddenly change direction of it's path in the sky in opposite direction and start to move again from LEFT TO RIGHT beginning new Polar Day...

Imagine that you are able to see through the Earth, what would you see from your latitude (wherever it is) during the second part of a day (while there is a NIGHT) if you observed the Sun through the Earth from the other side of the Earth?

In which direction would the Sun apparently move?

From LEFT TO RIGHT (as it is the case during the day) or from RIGHT TO LEFT?

Quote from: rottingroom on December 10, 2014, 10:50:21 AM

You did, in your comment before your last mention, that the sun would zig zag because of size. This was the first time you ever mentioned this so I will forgive. Now onto your repetition of the same zig zag argument. Again, we all agree that the sun would experience parallax. What we disagree about is how much. You insist that it would zig zag a lot because you cannot fathom how much an astronomical unit is. We've been through this. Reread the thread if you have to. The same answers still successfully refute you no matter how many times you repeat it.

How much??? How much is between SUNRISE and SUNSET? Fucking morons...

C) POLARIS ARGUMENT:

A time-lapse camera, let's say in Oslo allegedly rotates 850 km per hour, which is 236 meters per second, and in the same time (in a same second of time) our time-lapse camera moves 30 km (alleged orbital speed of the Earth = 30 km/sec.) in a straight line.

Now, these 236 meters per second make a huge difference because "alleged rotation gives huge effects", but alleged revolution is nothing alike rotation and that is why translational speed of 30 000 meters per second doesn't make any difference at all???

Only completely insane person would claim such claims!!!

This speed (30 000 meters per second) would make/cause one huge blurred speck out of the fixed stars in your time-lapse photograph, were you on the rotating/revolving earth (while attempting to shoot the stars) that rushes through space at such unimaginable speed(s)...

I have ascertained (doing my experiments) that if we move just a few inches in a straight line, an angle of our stand point (with respect to a certain observational point) will be changed and we will be able to notice this change very easily!

Now, an angle of the Earth (with respect to Polaris) that traverses 300 000 000 km wide orbit every half of the year, never changes enough so that we would be able to notice at least a slightest different position of Northern Star above us?

How crazy one has to be to believe in such nonsense?

- From a pen of one another author:

For a period of two years, I have had a tube, 3ft 6ins. in length and ¾ in. in diameter, fixed to a stand in my garden. Not the slightest movement can take place. On ascertaining the position of the Pole Star I was able to view the Star continually on any night over that period. The spherical shape earth, we are told, is tearing round on its axis at the rate of 1000 miles per hour, and also in its Orbit it is travelling at a rate of 18 miles per second. What will puzzle the reader and what puzzled me was, how I could view the Star constantly under such conditions. I communicated with several Astronomers at various times, and one of the replies was, that owing to the tremendous distance to the Pole Star, 3,680,000,000,000,000, miles, the tube may continually point to it, in spite of the two terrific movements of the earth. I want to definitely state here, the Astronomers' figures are absurd in the light of practical calculations. Secondly, size and distance make no difference whatever. The fixed tube, ¾ in. in diameter and 3 ft. 6 ins. long, is simplicity itself and absolutely reliable, and it would betray the smallest possible movement of the earth.

Since Polaris declination is 89 degrees 19 ' even if we presumed that the distance between the Earth and Polaris is so idiotically great, we have to notice one problem associated with visibility of Polaris at the Equator:

Let's say that at midnight 1th January from the same point at the Equator we can see Polaris due to 0,8 degree (less) difference between 90 degree and 89 degree 19 ', this very same difference will be at midnight 1th June the reason with counter effect, am i right?

So, how come that there is no difference in visibility of Polaris from the same point at the Equator with respect to the constant half-annualy shifts of angles?

D) NO ORBITAL MOTION WHATSOEVER:

Take two carefully-bored metallic tubes, not less than six feet in length, and place them one yard asunder, on the opposite sides of a wooden frame, or a solid block of wood or stone: so adjust them that their centres or axes of vision shall be perfectly parallel to each other. The following diagram will show the arrangement. Now, direct them to the plane of some notable fixed star, a few seconds previous to its meridian time. Let an observer be stationed at each tube, as at A, B; and the moment the star appears in the tube A, T, let a loud knock or other signal be given, to be repeated by the observer at the tube B, T, when he first sees the same star. A distinct period of time will elapse between the signals given. The signals will follow each other in very rapid succession, but still, the time between is sufficient to show that the same star, S, is not visible at the same moment by two parallel lines of sight A, S, and B, C, when only one yard asunder. A slight inclination of the tube, B, C, towards the first tube A, S, would be required for the star, S, to be seen through both tubes at the same instant. Let the tubes remain in their position for six months; at the end of which time the same observation or experiment will produce the same results--the star, S, will be visible at the same meridian time, without the slightest alteration being required in the direction of the tubes: from which it is concluded that if the earth had moved one single yard in an orbit through space, there would at least be observed the slight inclination of the tube, B, C, which the difference in position of one yard had previously required.

E) THE SHAPES OF "CONSTELLATIONS" DON'T CHANGE OVER THOUSANDS OF YEARS: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1646824#msg1646824

F) GRAVITATION = GREAT ABSURDITY:

Sir Isaac never made it clear what this law of gravitation is ; but he himself confessed it was a  “great  absurdity."

In a letter to Dr. Bentley. Feb. 25th,  1692,  Newton says ;— “ That gravitation should be innate and inherent in matter, so that one body can act upon another at a  distance — is to me SO GREAT AN ABSURDITY, that I believe no man who has, in philosophical matters, a competent faculty of thinking, can ever fall into it .” Yet many have fallen into this “great  absurdity.”  Such men  therefore—according  to Newton — have not  "a competent faculty of thinking” in philosophical matters. I am happy to be in agreement with Sir Isaac on this important point.

Sir Robert Ball says: — “The law  of  gravitation ... underlies the  whole of Astronomy.” (Story of the Heavens, p. 122). It does not speak very well for the Astronomy, if it is founded on an acknowledged “great absurdity.”

This “absurd” law, or “mysterious power which no man can explain,”  the existence of which has never been proved, and of which its supposed operation through space “all men are ignorant,”  amounts  therefore to nothing but an empty assumption.

But after so many years of  “research” it is surprising they have not yet experimentally established the truth of their system.  By what method could the true shape of the earth be found better than  by practical experiments?

"Parallax,”  the founder of the Zetetic Society adopted this method, and his conclusions yet remain to be refuted. But since Astronomers in general ignore this method of  investigation, we  are tempted  to  ask  "Are they afraid of the results of such observations ?”

If  I  wanted  to ascertain the dimensions of the  floor of a hall, could I obtain these by taking observations of some objects on the ceiling? Such observations might  acquaint me  with  the architecture and colourings of the ceiling, but  they would not instruct me as to the size or shape of the floor.

Since the theories of Astronomical  “science” are based upon the question of the surface shape of the earth, which represents the floor of the universe, it is this subject one would rightly  expect Astronomers to take much trouble to decide. Instead of this, we find them continually making observations of the celestial bodies, informing us of their  eccentricities, or of the laws which govern them.  These observations are interesting and instructive, but they are not of primary importance.

No two facts in nature contradict each other, though our explanations of them may be contradictory. We have established one important fact, that the earth is a stationary plane, and to this we shall adhere until the evidence adduced in support of it  has been logically refuted.

The second in importance, though perhaps a more subtle question, is the explanations of the laws which govern the heavenly bodies, and the motions of these "lights.”

All true Zetetics will seek this explanation in harmony with the plane truth already established. But should we someday find that the Moon or Mars is not behaving exactly in the way we believed,  no Zetetic would be so illogical as to suppose that because of this the earth cannot be a plane!

Such a line of argument would be unreasonable. If Mars is shown to act perversely from any standpoint, the logical deduction would be to alter our standpoint, and enquire further into the peculiarities of his perigrinations. But before we give up our belief in the “plane earth”  truth , someone must come forward and prove that water is convex, and not level.[/quote]

Happy Holidays to you, too!

Why i am not surprised with cognition that you don't celebrate Christmas as such?

Happy Holidays to you (from the bottom of my heart), too!

No hard feelings on my part, nor I hope on yours.

As for the proofs, they speak for themselves!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:36:25 PM by cikljamas »

« Reply #423 on: December 20, 2014, 07:02:56 PM »
the Sun would suddenly change direction of it's path in the sky in opposite direction and start to move again from LEFT TO RIGHT beginning new Polar Day...
No, you're confused and your diagram is wrong.  This has been explained before.

A time-lapse camera, let's say in Oslo allegedly rotates 850 km per hour, which is 236 meters per second, and in the same time (in a same second of time) our time-lapse camera moves 30 km (alleged orbital speed of the Earth = 30 km/sec.) in a straight line.
Everything seen in a long exposure, or time-lapse (whichever one you're talking about, because I doubt you know the difference), show what would be expected of a round Earth.

Fucking morons...
No, you are.

I have proved that the Earth is flat beyond any reasonable doubt, and i did it by using broken english!!!
Nope. 

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #424 on: December 21, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »
Fucking morons...
No, you are.

Thanks, Merry Christmas to you, too!

I am very sorry that i had to use such rude words, but you shills have left me out of options at that moment!

Nevertheless, Santa Claus is coming to town, bringing the gifts for you shills:

I hope that you will never forget this Christmas gift:

So, what is wrong with above illustration?

Nothing wrong with an illustration, but something terribly wrong with both theories:

1. Heliocentricity : The Sun is not vertically above the tropic of cancer!!!

Watch this:

ON WHAT BASIS YOU CAN CALL THIS ANGLE "A VERTICAL ANGLE", OR EVEN "ALMOST VERTICAL ANGLE"???

TYPICAL HC WARRIOR:

2. Geocentricity : The Sun is vertically above the tropic of cancer, but since the Sun is allegedly so far away, in this case the sun would be practically - vertically above every single point on the Earth!

On top of that: A geocentric theory is unsustainable for one another important reason: Even if we supposed that the Sun is much, much closer (if the Sun were (for instance) at the alleged distance to the Moon), there is no possibility for the Sun to follow curved parallel lines of the Earth's parallels (tropic of Cancer, tropic of Capricorn, Equator) WITHOUT the LITTLE help of one of the heliocentric holly grail assumptions: "THE ROTATION OF THE EARTH". But if we assume that the Earth rotates, then we don't talk about geocentric theory anymore...On the other hand if we cast out of our "equation" Earth's tilt, we don't talk about heliocentric theory anymore...

The only possible solution that remains is the Flat Earth Theory!!!

Shills, how many more flat cakes i have to throw in your round face, before you admit inevitable conclusion?

Shills never get enough of my cakes, i would say...

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #425 on: December 21, 2014, 09:24:42 AM »
Fucking morons...
No, you are.

I am very sorry that i had to use such rude words, but you shills have left me out of options at that moment!

Nothing wrong with an illustration, but something terribly wrong with both theories:

Watch this:

ON WHAT BASIS YOU CAN CALL THIS ANGLE "A VERTICAL ANGLE", OR EVEN "ALMOST VERTICAL ANGLE"???

TYPICAL HC WARRIOR:

2. Geocentricity : The Sun is vertically above the tropic of cancer, but since the Sun is allegedly so far away, in this case the sun would be practically - vertically above every single point on the Earth!

On top of that: A geocentric theory is unsustainable for one another important reason: Even if we supposed that the Sun is much, much closer (if the Sun were (for instance) at the alleged distance to the Moon), there is no possibility for the Sun to follow curved parallel lines of the Earth's parallels (tropic of Cancer, tropic of Capricorn, Equator) WITHOUT the LITTLE help of one of the heliocentric holly grail assumptions: "THE ROTATION OF THE EARTH". But if we assume that the Earth rotates, then we don't talk about geocentric theory anymore...On the other hand if we cast out of our "equation" Earth's tilt, we don't talk about heliocentric theory anymore...

Shills, how many more flat cakes i have to throw in your round face, before you admit inevitable conclusion?

Shills never get enough of my cakes, i would say...
In trying to disprove RET you neglected to take into account it's namesake of the theory, the Earth is round.  On a round Earth, up is a different direction depending on your location, meaning that despite the incredible distance and size of the sun it's only above one point on the Earth because there is only one point in Earth that has up facing in the exact opposite direction of the sun.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #426 on: December 21, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »
Merry Christmas.

Don't be mad just because your arguments are usually easily debunked.

You have the sun in the wrong place in the lower half.

Watch this:

Vertical from whatever spot along the tropics or anywhere in between (depending on season and time of day) where the sun is directly overhead.

No, this image you posted, http://i.imgur.com/wPg6cyg.jpg , actually explains it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:23:26 AM by 29silhouette »

« Reply #427 on: December 21, 2014, 12:28:36 PM »

This is how to PROVE something:

<bunch of old stuff that has already been shown to be wrong>

Not only is this not proof, it's not even correct, as already shown, sometimes repeatedly.

Watch this:

The arrow from the center of the Sun on the left image strikes the Earth normal to the surface at the Tropic of Cancer. That means it's vertical. Similarly the right image at the Tropic of Capricorn. How is this not obvious?

<off-topic image>

Returning to the image above, since the rays from the Sun are parallel (because it's so far away) others arriving north or south (above or below in the drawing) of the one shown hitting the tropic, will strike the Earth at an angle, therefore the Sun is not vertically above the Earth at those points. The ray represented by the top of the yellow-shaded area just grazes the Earth at the left of the red-shaded Arctic region; it's on the horizon - no anywhere close to vertical - there. Why is this not obvious to you? The distances in that drawing are greatly distorted in that drawing -  at the scale of the Earth (about 1" in my monitor), the sun should be several city blocks away to be at scale. Is that why it confuses you?

<inane remark>

That last bit is nothing but unfounded speculation and incorrect assumptions. This does not constitute proof (or even evidence) of anything except, perhaps, your utter confusion.

Since your premise is wrong, there's no surprise your conclusion is wrong.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

ausGeoff

« Reply #428 on: December 21, 2014, 12:52:02 PM »
Poor old cikljamas doesn't seem to even understand what the two tropics represent, or why they're located where they are.

The Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn are the two lines where the sun is directly overhead at noon on the two solstices—near June 21 and December 21. The sun is directly overhead at noon on the Tropic of Cancer on June 21—the beginning of summer in the Northern hemisphere and the beginning of winter in the Southern hemisphere, and the sun is directly overhead at noon on the Tropic of Capricorn on December 21—the beginning of winter in the Northern hemisphere and the beginning of summer in the Southern hemisphere.

The reason for the location of the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn at 23.5° north and south respectively is due to the axial tilt of the earth which is inclined at 23.5º from the ecliptic plane.

I'm not sure as to why so many flat earthers are ignorant of even basic high school science.  Maybe that single fact is why they're so easily convinced the earth is flat, despite veritable mountains of scientific evidence proving the opposite.  Who can tell?

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #429 on: December 21, 2014, 02:38:48 PM »
Alpha2Omega, do you really believe that the tropic of cancer is at the halfway between Equator and North Pole?

You see what i mean now?

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #430 on: December 21, 2014, 05:27:26 PM »
Alpha2Omega, do you really believe that the tropic of cancer is at the halfway between Equator and North Pole?

You see what i mean now?
Earth's tilt is exadurated in that image, it's not really that extreme.  It's 23.5 degrees, not 45 degrees.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

macrohard

• IQ over 180
« Reply #431 on: December 21, 2014, 05:35:31 PM »

You see what i mean now?

I love this forum!

« Reply #432 on: December 21, 2014, 05:59:39 PM »

You see what i mean now?

No. I don't think the Arctic Circle touches the Gulf of Alaska, either. Why does this matter to illustrate the principle? Do you really think schematic drawings are designed to be scaled?

The vertical blue line you drew that is tangent to the Earth at the line that represents the tropic in the drawing is perpendicular to the black dashed arrow representing a ray of light emanating from the center of the Sun. Since the ray is perpendicular to tangent to the surface (your blue line), it means the ray arrives from directly overhead - in other words, it's vertical.

But since you think this is an issue, what is the significance of red parallel you drew? Do you really believe the Tropic of Cancer is south of Hawaii, Cuba, and the Yucatan Peninsula?

Do you see why this doesn't really matter?

Out of curiosity, do you have Asperger's Syndrome or some other mild form of autism? I ask not to be mean or insulting; we have a nephew, now in his twenties, who exhibits almost all the published descriptions of Asperger's traits. He will obsess over mostly irrelevant details that, while he may be correct, have no real significance in the discussion, while missing the overall point of what was being said. He also has a single-minded pursuit of a topic he takes an interest in; come hell or high water, he would often keep returning to a point in a discussion long after it had been completed. Your discussions remind me of him. Knowing his situation made it a lot easier to get along with him (it had been very difficult at times) once we recognized that we needed to be utterly literal and exact almost all the time, or explain at the time when something was symbolic, approximate, or representative rather than literal.

So, here, you're right. In the diagram, the "Tropic of Cancer" looks pretty close to 30° N (New Orleans is exactly at 30°) instead of the more accurate 23.5° (approximately). But, it really just doesn't matter!

Nothing else about that post you disagree with? Are we done with that topic?

« Reply #433 on: December 22, 2014, 12:09:44 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/jVUdeDa.jpg
You see what i mean now?
Wow, you've really confused yourself now.

« Reply #434 on: December 22, 2014, 01:28:59 AM »
http://i.imgur.com/jVUdeDa.jpg
You see what i mean now?
Wow, you've really confused yourself now.

The poor guy is totally confused
I think, therefore I am

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #435 on: December 22, 2014, 03:17:15 AM »
Alpha2Omega, out of curiosity, are you completely freaked out or you just have some other mild form of autism? I ask not to be mean or insulting; we have a neighbour who everything sees upside down. He will overlook all relevant facts that, while he may be correct in some irrelevant details, these details have no real significance in the discussion, while missing the overall point of the whole matter.

Try to find one (just one) diagram of the tilted Earth in which the line of the tropic of cancer/capricorn is drawn at the FOURTH part of the distance between Equator and North Pole!

90 / 23,5 = 3,829

Do you really think schematic drawings CAN'T BE designed to be scaled?

Watch this:

Nighty Night Heliocentricity!!!

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:23:55 AM by cikljamas »

?

guv

« Reply #436 on: December 22, 2014, 03:24:34 AM »
Out of curiosity, are you completely freaked out or you just have some other mild form of autism? I ask not to be mean or insulting; we have a neighbour who everything sees upside down. He will overlook all relevant facts that, while he may be correct in some irrelevant details, these details have no real significance in the discussion, while missing the overall point of the whole matter.

Try to find one (just one) diagram of the tilted Earth in which the line of the tropic of cancer/capricorn is drawn at the FOURTH part of the distance between Equator and North Pole!

90 / 23,5 = 3,829

Watch this:

Does it ever cross your mind that this bloke might be the normal one.

« Reply #437 on: December 22, 2014, 03:42:07 AM »
Alpha2Omega, out of curiosity, are you completely freaked out or you just have some other mild form of autism? I ask not to be mean or insulting; we have a neighbour who everything sees upside down. He will overlook all relevant facts that, while he may be correct in some irrelevant details, these details have no real significance in the discussion, while missing the overall point of the whole matter.

90 / 23,5 = 3,829

Watch this:

http://i.imgur.com/2RtRZaU.jpg

Lol, your understanding about latitude is wrong. No wonder you're so confused. Latitude is an angle you poor thing.

I think, therefore I am

« Reply #438 on: December 22, 2014, 04:14:06 AM »

90 / 23,5 = 3,829

Watch this:

http://i.imgur.com/2RtRZaU.jpg

Lol, your understanding about latitude is wrong. No wonder you're so confused. Latitude is an angle you poor thing.

I completely agree with Cikljamas that you guys are shills. There is no way you would believe so adamantly in round Earth after all the presented material unless you're here with an agenda. This is a FE forum, and you never ever contribute to it, always try to ridicule and derail the thread. Merry Christmas :)

« Reply #439 on: December 22, 2014, 05:02:46 AM »
I completely agree with Cikljamas that you guys are shills. There is no way you would believe so adamantly in round Earth after all the presented material unless you're here with an agenda. This is a FE forum, and you never ever contribute to it, always try to ridicule and derail the thread. Merry Christmas :)

Do you at least know what cikljamas is confused about?
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #440 on: December 22, 2014, 06:43:52 AM »

You see what i mean now?
This should clear up your confusion:

I think, therefore I am

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #441 on: December 22, 2014, 07:20:53 AM »
Cartesian, try to find one (just one) diagram of the tilted Earth in which the line of the tropic of cancer/capricorn is drawn at the FOURTH part of the distance between Equator and North Pole!

90 / 23,5 = 3,829

« Reply #442 on: December 22, 2014, 07:40:01 AM »
Cartesian, try to find one (just one) diagram of the tilted Earth in which the line of the tropic of cancer/capricorn is drawn at the FOURTH part of the distance between Equator and North Pole!

90 / 23,5 = 3,829

You got  the meaning of latitude wrong mate. This should clear up your confusion:

And Merry Christmas !
I think, therefore I am

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #443 on: December 22, 2014, 08:02:54 AM »
Cartesian, the line of the tropic of cancer (in your diagram) is drawn 27 mm above the Equator, but it should be 17 mm above the Equator (measures are in accordance with how i see your diagram on my monitor)!

The distance from the Equator to the North Pole is 66 mm, so 66 / 3,8 = 17 mm (NOT 27 mm), am i right?

Marry Christmas to you, too!!!

« Reply #444 on: December 22, 2014, 08:19:15 AM »
Cartesian, the line of the tropic of cancer (in your diagram) is drawn 27 mm above the Equator, but it should be 17 mm above the Equator (measures are in accordance with how i see your diagram on my monitor)!

The distance from the Equator to the North Pole is 66 mm, so 66 / 3,8 = 17 mm (NOT 27 mm), am i right?

Latitude is not about distance from the equator. It's the angle from the equator (23.5°). Check my diagram again, and find the two angles (tilt and latitude, both 23.5°). You need a protractor, not a ruler.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:22:16 AM by Cartesian »
I think, therefore I am

« Reply #445 on: December 22, 2014, 08:20:10 AM »
Alpha2Omega, out of curiosity, are you completely freaked out or you just have some other mild form of autism?

I possibly do; I tend to obsessively want to run topics that interest me completely to ground before moving on - far more than a lot of people. If that's why, it's mild enough that I don't get completely wrapped around the axle over insignificant details, and can function in social situations, so it isn't a problem.

I ask not to be mean or insulting; we have a neighbour who everything sees upside down. He will overlook all relevant facts that, while he may be correct in some irrelevant details, these details have no real significance in the discussion, while missing the overall point of the whole matter.

Now you're just funnin' us.

Well, there's the one you provided. Can't say I've noticed any others.

The types of drawings like you originally presented showing the tilted earth, tropics (symbolically), sun, normal ray, etc. are designed to emphasize the point being made - in this case, tilted axis, parallels of the tropics with the direction of the vertical ray at the solstice that passes in at one tropic, through the center center, and out the other. They will often be exaggerated to make the relationship more clear. Thus, exaggerating the tilt a bit and placing the symbolic tropic at 30° (halfway up the axis) instead of 23.5° (about 40%) in this type of drawing isn't unusual at all.

90 / 23,5 = 3,829

Ah! That's where that 1/4 came from and why your tropic is also in the wrong place. You got the proportional distance along the circumference, not the "northing" distance (parallel to the axis) you need to show on your diagram. You want sin(23.5°) [that's the mathematical sine function, not the biblical "bad thing to do"], which is 0.399, or 40%, not the arc length (about 25% of the arc from equator to pole).

I really think that isn't their purpose. Schematic diagrams are symbolic representations of systems and designed to enhance comprehension of how the system works. Accurate scale is not a primary consideration, if it's ever a consideration at all.

You're thinking of a "scale diagram", not a schematic.

Watch this:

OK. This is an example of a scale drawing showing where you think the tropics should be (the parallel lines surrounding the equator), and where the sunlight would strike the Earth at a normal angle at the shown tilt (I presume that's a relatively accurate 23.5° since that's apparently your point).

Since the tropics are, by definition, the parallels of latitude where the Sun is vertical at the solstices, and in your scale drawing the vertical ray is landing well north of where you put the northern tropic, then, clearly, something is amiss. Your reaction is to start ranting "I've just shown that the heliocentric theory of the solar system is completely wrong!!!" instead of "hmmm... could there maybe, possibly, be a mistake in this drawing?" Unfortunately, it's the latter. Because your mind is closed, you will only consider the former.

Scale the length of a line between the equator and the point where the ray intersects the circle, in a direction normal to the equator (parallel to the axis). If your scale drawing is accurate, and if the angle of tilt is close to 23.5°, then that will be close to 40% of the distance between the equator and north pole along the axis, that's where the tropics are, and where the tropics should be in this drawing despite your protestations to the contrary.

See. Wrong reaction. When you do stuff like this, please at least consider that you may have made a mistake.

« Reply #446 on: December 22, 2014, 08:32:18 AM »

Latitude is not about distance from the equator. It's the angle from the equator (23.5°). Check my diagram again, and find the two angles (tilt and latitude, both 23.5°). You need a protractor, not a ruler.

No, cikljamas. You're not right. Summarizing the long post here, you want to use

sin(Latitude) instead of Latitude / 90°

for linear distance from equator to pole.

sin(23.5°) = 0.399

0.399 * 66 mm = 26.3 mm, so 27 is about right (and shows why you really don't want to scale things off even scale drawings if you can help it).

« Reply #447 on: December 22, 2014, 09:33:08 AM »
This is hilarious  ;D .  Try a protractor against your monitor instead of a ruler.  Maybe try to gain access to a desktop globe even. 

No, but you are funny.

Happy Hanukkah and merry New year.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #448 on: December 22, 2014, 11:31:07 AM »
Bravo, you got that right. To be honest, this was joke from the beginning, i just wanted to see how fast you were going to solve this "problem"...

After i had crushed heliocentricity into pieces, better to say, into ashes and dust, i decided to play one little game with you, just for day or two, since you play the same kind of game with me all along. I believe that most of you (round heads) know very well, that this garbage of a theory (heliocentricity) is utter bull shit, but you will never admit it, am i right?

That is why we call you "shills", because you are shills indeed!

Well, sooner or latter, i expect of you to admit your utter wrongness in the same manner as i just have admitted my utter wrongness regarding this particular issue...

Haven't i told you that you will never forget this Christmas present?

Marry Christmas round heads!!!

If you want to see how one other guy had played similar game with some other guys, watch this:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Mental defective league in formation...hahahahahah.....

@ Scepti, how do you like my sense for humor???
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:33:26 AM by cikljamas »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #449 on: December 22, 2014, 11:40:44 AM »
Bravo, you got that right. To be honest, this was joke from the beginning, i just wanted to see how fast you were going to solve this "problem"...

After i had crushed heliocentricity into pieces, better to say, into ashes and dust, i decided to play one little game with you, just for day or two, since you play the same kind of game with me all along. I believe that most of you (round heads) know very well, that this garbage of a theory (heliocentricity) is utter bull shit, but you will never admit it, am i right?

That is why we call you "shills", because you are shills indeed!

Well, sooner or latter, i expect of you to admit your utter wrongness in the same manner as i just have admitted my utter wrongness regarding this particular issue...

Haven't i told you that you will never forget this Christmas present?

Marry Christmas round heads!!!

If you want to see how one other guy had played similar game with some other guys, watch this:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Mental defective league in formation...hahahahahah.....

@ Scepti, how do you like my sense for humor???
Very good. They play games all day long so it's only right they get a bit back. ;D