GLOBAL CONSPIRACY

• 1592 Replies
Re: GLOBAL CONSPIRACY
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2014, 09:03:30 AM »
@ Rottingroom, after all arguments that i have presented here, i must admit that if you still believe that the Earth rotates on it's axis, or that there is any other kind of Earth's motion (which is even more preposterous than rotation, and which alleged motion NEVER HAS BEEN PROVEN IN ANY WAY (directly or indirectly)), then you are the stupidest guy in the world!

Your arguments aren't convincing. Your insisting that the Earth is flat and fixed in space doesn't make it true, even if you SHOUT about it. Does the personal insult really make your argument any stronger?

If and when you admit the truth that the Earth is at rest, then we can continue our conversation.

If anyone else want to contribute to this conversation, here is the question for you:

1. The Earth is at rest, there are no motions (of any kind) of the Earth, this is 100 % proven fact!

2. If the Earth is at rest then the first consequence of that fact is this: There isn't a tilt of the Earth!

Where has assertion 1 been proven?

Since assertion 2 depends on assertion 1, if assertion 1 is false then assertion 2 is meaningless.

If the Earth is at rest then <something>.

If the Earth is not at rest, then the condition isn't met and whatever <something> says is moot.

Now, the question:

If there isn't a tilt of the Earth and if we still stick with the idea that the Earth is round, how in the world we could get 16,5 hours of daylight at latitude 51 degree North (London)?

That's a lot of ifs. If the first if were satisfied, then you'd have a point. Since it's not, you don't.

<more irrelevant stuff>
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #211 on: December 04, 2014, 09:48:19 AM »
@ Rottingroom, after all arguments that i have presented here, i must admit that if you still believe that the Earth rotates on it's axis, or that there is any other kind of Earth's motion (which is even more preposterous than rotation, and which alleged motion NEVER HAS BEEN PROVEN IN ANY WAY (directly or indirectly)), then you are the stupidest guy in the world!
Did you miss the part where Foucault's pendulum proved earth's rotation and Stellar Aberration proved earth's orbit around the sun?

will put this question (for FEs) here last time: Why do you call this site "Flat Earth" forum?
Because Daniel (the guy who owns this site) is a flat earther and he wanted to have a site where people could could come and discuss the good word of flat earthism.

You don't say!
I do and I did.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 09:50:14 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »
Now, the question:

If there isn't a tilt of the Earth and if we still stick with the idea that the Earth is round, how in the world we could get 16,5 hours of daylight at latitude 51 degree North (London)?

That's a lot of ifs. If the first if were satisfied, then you'd have a point. Since it's not, you don't.

That says it all! I would just add this: You have our blood on your hands : #t=3m38s" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">#t=3m38s

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
Herbert Spencer 

Our massive Equatorial bulge is a myth proclaimed by our geological gas bags because if true our equator should be constantly shifting due to the movement of huge masses on the surface which change latitude. Gigantic icebergs, dust storms, and the shipping of ores from one place to another changing the line of heaviest mass which should always form the equator. This is the same problem that Newton faced.
Rene

The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than a small one.
A. Hitler
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

« Reply #213 on: December 04, 2014, 10:40:58 AM »
Now, the question:

That says it all!

I think it does, too. Glad you agree.

I would just add this: You have our blood on your hands :

What's that supposed to mean? You think I'm a liar and a murderer?

<youtube link>

As always, I'm not going to open any youtube link unless you explain what it's about and convince me it's worth watching; they frequently aren't.

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance — that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
Herbert Spencer 

You seem to be practicing that pretty effectively. Your models fail so quickly upon the slightest serious examination that it just looks like they fail prior to investigation. How do those sunsets and southern circumpolar stars work in your flat earth model?

Our massive Equatorial bulge is a myth proclaimed by our geological gas bags because if true our equator should be constantly shifting due to the movement of huge masses on the surface which change latitude. Gigantic icebergs, dust storms, and the shipping of ores from one place to another changing the line of heaviest mass which should always form the equator. This is the same problem that Newton faced.
Rene

What?

The great masses of the people will more easily fall victims to a big lie than a small one.
A. Hitler

Are you really suggesting that if Hitler said this, it must be true? Don't you see the irony here?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #214 on: December 04, 2014, 02:09:40 PM »
@ Sceptimatic, you are such a nice guy, thank you very much for your kindness! You are one of a kind! As long as there are guys like you, there is some hope for this world! God bless you!!!

If and when you admit the truth that the Earth is at rest, then we can continue our conversation.

If anyone else want to contribute to this conversation, here is the question for you:

1. The Earth is at rest, there are no motions (of any kind) of the Earth, this is 100 % proven fact!

2. If the Earth is at rest then the first consequence of that fact is this: There isn't a tilt of the Earth!

Now, the question:

A reminder: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1643528#msg1643528

Why don't you believe your eyes? DogCam flies to the edge of space 110,000ft on a balloon : " class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Flat Earther
2 months ago

Flat, flat, flat, no curvature, flat, flat and flat again.
NASA is lying. Open ur eyes.
Spherical earth is a lie to destroy religion.

will put this question (for FEs) here last time: Why do you call this site "Flat Earth" forum?
Because Daniel (the guy who owns this site) is a flat earther and he wanted to have a site where people could could come and discuss the good word of flat earthism.

You don't say!
Forget NASA, look at all the verified evidence.

« Reply #215 on: December 04, 2014, 04:45:34 PM »

Hi,
I'm a newcomer to this site so excuse me if I seem to be pushy or asking questions that have already been answered. I just do not understand the theory. Scientific disagreements aside.
For me logical thinking can solve this problem in a matter of minutes. Maybe I'm missing something but why would these higher powers, government or other, spend all this time planning an elaborate hoax to convince the people that the Earth is flat?
This makes no sense to me. I'm sure you would agree that a lot of people would have to be involved in this... But for what? What's the upside? You might answer money and power but those things can be acquired in much simpler ways. Another question I wanted to ask is, is this society of the belief that the government has caused events such as 911 and other disasters?  Also does anybody running this have an actual degree in advanced mathematics or physics from any respectable college or university? Thanks so much for your time I appreciate you answering my questions however stupid they may seem to you.
Regards

« Reply #216 on: December 04, 2014, 06:29:47 PM »

Hi,
I'm a newcomer to this site so excuse me if I seem to be pushy or asking questions that have already been answered. I just do not understand the theory. Scientific disagreements aside.
For me logical thinking can solve this problem in a matter of minutes. Maybe I'm missing something but why would these higher powers, government or other, spend all this time planning an elaborate hoax to convince the people that the Earth is flat?
This makes no sense to me. I'm sure you would agree that a lot of people would have to be involved in this... But for what? What's the upside? You might answer money and power but those things can be acquired in much simpler ways. Another question I wanted to ask is, is this society of the belief that the government has caused events such as 911 and other disasters?  Also does anybody running this have an actual degree in advanced mathematics or physics from any respectable college or university? Thanks so much for your time I appreciate you answering my questions however stupid they may seem to you.
Regards

Welcome, Skepsis.

In your post(s), did you mean to ask if there's an elaborate hoax by "higher powers" to convince the people that the Earth is spherical (you said flat)? The only hoax I know that's trying to convince people that the Earth is flat is here and her estranged sister site, tfes.org, and neither would qualify as a "higher power" IMO. There are doubtless some others, too.

Also, and I'm not a moderator or admin or anything, but it's generally considered impolite to copypasta the same post in multiple forums.  If you're not sure where to post something, lurk for a while and see where things seem to fall. The "Flat Earth General" forum specifically says "Conspiracy topics belong here", so, realistically, there is where your post should go - especially since you bring up 9/11 (PLEASE DON'T) [oops... I just said 9/11 myself] [oh, no...  I said 9/11 again!] [aaaghhh... a third time!!!] Since this thread in Flat Earth Debate has "GLOBAL CONSPIRACY" as its title, I can see why you landed here, though.  This is symptomatic of the organization here, but, still...

At any rate, I'll leave your questions to those who support the notion that the Earth is flat. Maybe they can address it.

You can learn and sometimes see good challenges to conventional thinking. Enjoy your time here!

[Edit] Correct thread title
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:36:26 PM by Alpha2Omega »

« Reply #217 on: December 05, 2014, 12:40:40 AM »

Your arguments aren't convincing. Your insisting that the Earth is flat and fixed in space doesn't make it true, even if you SHOUT about it. Does the personal insult really make your argument any stronger?

Actually, exactly the same is valid for your arguments. Regardless of how many times you repeat the Earth is round and pile your unsubstantiated arguments it doesn't mean you're right. What you're doing is merely based on your beliefs, not on facts or personal, first-hand evidence. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to believe the Earth is 100% a round sphere unless they are deeply indoctrinated in a complex system of RE beliefs. Anyone reasonable would at least show a bit of doubt since they haven't seen it with their own eyes, haven't been to space, haven't done anything to independently verify it is round. You simply prefer to side with the majority of people which doesn't make you right at all. There is absolutely no reason for all of you to shout it is round unless you're some sort of fanatics or shills.

« Reply #218 on: December 05, 2014, 12:46:33 AM »

Actually, exactly the same is valid for your arguments. Regardless of how many times you repeat the Earth is round and pile your unsubstantiated arguments it doesn't mean you're right. What you're doing is merely based on your beliefs, not on facts or personal, first-hand evidence. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to believe the Earth is 100% a round sphere unless they are deeply indoctrinated in a complex system of RE beliefs. Anyone reasonable would at least show a bit of doubt since they haven't seen it with their own eyes, haven't been to space, haven't done anything to independently verify it is round. You simply prefer to side with the majority of people which doesn't make you right at all. There is absolutely no reason for all of you to shout it is round unless you're some sort of fanatics or shills.
The fact of sunrise and sunset times at every location prove the earth is round. Nobody is shouting.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #219 on: December 05, 2014, 01:18:25 AM »
A LIAR IS A THIEF, A THIEF IS A MURDERER

“ The two beliefs (modern astronomy and Bible cosmology) cannot be held together in the same mind ; for he who thinks he believes both, has thought very little of either."  Thomas Paine, "Age  of Reason".

Unlike most Christians, Bible-Scientists insist that if conventional science is true, the Bible must be false. Flat-earther John Hampden put it plainly: “No one can believe a single doctrine or dogma of modern astronomy, and accept Scriptures as divine revelation.”

The belief that the Earth is rotating on an "axis" and orbiting the sun is THE GRANDADDY OF ALL DECEPTIONS IN THE WORLD TODAY...

Launched from its modern founder's deathbed in 1543, the Copernican Revolution ushered in a movement that has totally reshaped and re-directed ALL of man's knowledge!

Over the centuries, superstars in the physical sciences established the Copernican model as an unchallenged fact. This success paved the way for conquest of the biological sciences (Darwin et al). This transvaluation of values and philosophy (Nietzsche et al) then quickly spread to the social and behavioral sciences (Marx, Freud et al), to mathematics (Einstein et al), the Arts (Picasso et al), Education (Dewey et al), and so on through today's media reinforcement of all of the above. ..As the 21st Century gets its feet wet, man's "knowledge" is almost totally secularized and the Bible all but ignored as the source of absolute Truth from God Himself. ..The "sciences" reign supreme, and they do so because of the victory of Copernicanism over the Bible's motionless earth.

20th century man may think that it is of no importance whatever whether the sun or the earth was proved to be the center of the universe. But it was then and it is now. History has verified this. To understand it, one must seek to study history on its own terms, and in the context of that era. Before the Galileo heresy the Christian, as opposed to the progressive modern man, was not only geocentric, but theocentric (God-centered). Before the "earth-movers" arrived on the scene, Western Civilization had an orderly world-view; everything had its place. First of all, man believed in God, the Creator of Heaven and earth, and in Holy Mother the Church. He also believed that God sent His only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to the center of the universe, the motionless earth, in order to redeem man. And, contrary to his worldly 20th century counterpart, man yearned for Heaven where God reigned. The only means of enjoying the Beatific Vision was through Christ’s Church.

Then, with the new world view, came doubt, the enemy of faith. As the famous English poet, John Donne, so aptly bemoaned: "And new philosophy calls all in doubt." Man, now displaced from the center of the universe, not only sustained a loss of dignity, purpose, and direction, but also he was most tragically and psychologically divorced from God, the all-unifying Creator. This is precisely why this controversy is crucial.

“He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.” (1 Chronicles 16:30)

“Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm …” (Psalm 93:1)

“Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.” (Psalm 104:5)

“…who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast…” (Isaiah 45:18)

“The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose.” (Ecclesiastes 1:5)
Read more : http://www.energeticforum.com/258073-post180.html

While the Bible doesn’t flatly state the shape of the earth, it repeatedly says in plain Hebrew that the earth is immovable.

Had there been any way to prove that the Earth is submitted to any kind of motion, scientists would have supplied us with these proofs up until now, and by doing this they would have provided immortal fame for themselves.

Read more : http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1638336#msg1638336

Read more: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1636141#msg1636141

Now, the question:

A reminder: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62346.msg1643528#msg1643528

CONCLUSION:

IF THE EARTH IS AT REST, THEN SHE HAS TO BE FLAT, ALSO!

Bible vs science:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1637959#msg1637959
http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1637695#msg1637695

In a Scientific Lecture, delivered in 1878, at Berlin by Dr. Schcepper, proving that the Earth neither rotates nor revolves, he quoted the following still stronger protest of Gothe against the delusions of Modern Astronomy. " In whatever way or manner may have occurred this business, I must still say that I curse this modern theory of Cosmogony, and hope that perchance there may appear, in due time, some young scientist of genius, who will pick up courage enough to upset this universally disseminated delirium of lunatics." Read more : http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1637315#msg1637315

HC theory is much more dangerous than an atomic bomb:

"The clash of the scientist who wanted to make the bomb and then wanted to stop versus the politician who couldn't wait to use it is really quite a dramatic event in itself," Lanouette said.

In June 1945, Szilard helped to author the Franck Report, warning that even if the atomic bomb helped to save lives during the present war, it could ultimately lead to a nuclear arms race and perhaps even a nuclear war with far more devastating results.

After the war, Szilard continued his efforts to stem the rising tide of nuclear weapons. He often spoke in public, and authored a number of satires, including one in 1947 titled "My Trial As a War Criminal."

That short story describes how, after the Russians won World War III, they rounded up all of the people who worked on the atomic bomb, including Szilard, and put them on trial as war criminals.

"It was his way of pointing out that scientists do have responsibilities for their effects," Lanouette said.

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
 John 8:44 ESV

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10 ESV

« Reply #220 on: December 05, 2014, 01:32:32 AM »

The fact of sunrise and sunset times at every location prove the earth is round. Nobody is shouting.

It doesn't prove anything of the sort. How many times should I repeat myself that the presence of visible lights anywhere on the celestial sphere and their motion has nothing to do with the shape of the Earth? Is it so difficult for all of you to understand such a simple concept? You cannot determine what you are by looking somewhere else!!!!!  What you see as a Sun/Moon or whatever doesn't give you any information about the Earth at all. It is just visible light!

ausGeoff

« Reply #221 on: December 05, 2014, 04:26:52 AM »
How many times should I repeat myself that the presence of visible lights anywhere on the celestial sphere and their motion has nothing to do with the shape of the Earth? Is it so difficult for all of you to understand such a simple concept? You cannot determine what you are by looking somewhere else!!!!!  What you see as a Sun/Moon or whatever doesn't give you any information about the Earth at all. It is just visible light!

And yet, as if by some magical inference, the flat earthers know absolutely [sic] that the sun and the moon are each 32 miles in diameter, and orbiting at an altitude of 3,000 miles above a flat earth.  Despite their having not one single ilota of empirical evidence to support this claim.

So... Saros.  Can you cite your scientific evidence that proves the sun's and the moon's properties, or are you just making a wild guess?  Which scientists agree with your opinions about the claimed flat earth?  !,000 maybe?  One?  None?  Why is there no mention at all of a flat earth in any of the standard encyclopedic reference sources?  Why can you not produce a map or a model of your flat earth?

Would you dare to claim that this image is bogus, and if so, what specifically leads you to that conclusion:

A true-color image of Jupiter taken by the Cassini spacecraft.
The Galilean moon Europa casts a shadow on the planet's cloud tops.

And logically, if Jupiter is spherical—as are all the other planets in our solar system—what reasons would you propose for earth being, purportedly, the only flat planet?  Wouldn't Occam's Razor suggest it too is spherical?

« Reply #222 on: December 05, 2014, 06:48:35 AM »
How many times should I repeat myself that the presence of visible lights anywhere on the celestial sphere and their motion has nothing to do with the shape of the Earth? Is it so difficult for all of you to understand such a simple concept? You cannot determine what you are by looking somewhere else!!!!!  What you see as a Sun/Moon or whatever doesn't give you any information about the Earth at all. It is just visible light!

And yet, as if by some magical inference, the flat earthers know absolutely [sic] that the sun and the moon are each 32 miles in diameter, and orbiting at an altitude of 3,000 miles above a flat earth.  Despite their having not one single ilota of empirical evidence to support this claim.

So... Saros.  Can you cite your scientific evidence that proves the sun's and the moon's properties, or are you just making a wild guess?  Which scientists agree with your opinions about the claimed flat earth?  !,000 maybe?  One?  None?  Why is there no mention at all of a flat earth in any of the standard encyclopedic reference sources?  Why can you not produce a map or a model of your flat earth?

Would you dare to claim that this image is bogus, and if so, what specifically leads you to that conclusion:

A true-color image of Jupiter taken by the Cassini spacecraft.
The Galilean moon Europa casts a shadow on the planet's cloud tops.

And logically, if Jupiter is spherical—as are all the other planets in our solar system—what reasons would you propose for earth being, purportedly, the only flat planet?  Wouldn't Occam's Razor suggest it too is spherical?

Look, I never said that I agree with the calculations provided by traditional flat Earthers and with the flat Earth wiki 100%. I don't think anyone who believes the Earth is not round should have an alternative detailed and complex belief system. Instead they should simply question and remain open-minded. Furthermore, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is that trying to measure the size of the stars, the Sun and the Moon and the distance to them is as retarded as trying to measure the size of a rainbow! By the way, in that photo you can't tell Jupiter is round, you can't tell it is solid either. You just see some light with a certain pattern through a telescope. How is it a round sphere in space, especially when you see just a circle? How exactly did you figure that out? Did you actually go there? Stop believing in fairy tales and for once try to be skeptical to official dogma.

ausGeoff

« Reply #223 on: December 05, 2014, 07:37:37 AM »
Look, I never said that I agree with the calculations provided by traditional flat Earthers and with the flat Earth wiki 100%.
So you're admitting that—in your opinion as a flat earther—that there are errors of fact in the Flat Earth Wiki?  How then can the FES claim that the Wiki is their "bible" if it contains errors?  And why do they invariably refer to it as a source of credible information if it's other than that?  How does one separate the errors from the facts?  Do all/any other flat earthers accept that it contains errors?

I don't think anyone who believes the Earth is not round should have an alternative detailed and complex belief system. Instead they should simply question and remain open-minded.
If one doesn't accept the scientific status quo—about anything—then to have any credibility themselves, they must produce an alternative, working hypothesis.  They just can't say "oh, the earth is not spherical", and leave it at that.  One cannot question another's claims unless they have evidence supporting their own counter-claims.  Simple logic.

By the way, in that photo you can't tell Jupiter is round, you can't tell it is solid either. You just see some light with a certain pattern through a telescope. How is it a round sphere in space, especially when you see just a circle?
Uh... you do realise that the image is just a still capture from a video don't you?  We don't see precisely that same view of Jupiter all the time.

Did you actually go there? Stop believing in fairy tales and for once try to be skeptical to official dogma.
Of course I didn't "go there".   Duh.   Have you been to Jupiter for evidence that it's—according to you—possibly a flat disc?  I thought not.  Goose, meet gander.

And there is no such thing in the science world as "official dogma".  There's science and there's scientific theories.  And dogma is usually and implicitly understood to be an official system of principles or tenets concerning morals, faith, or ethics—as of a religion or church.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2014, 07:47:08 AM »
Look, I never said that I agree with the calculations provided by traditional flat Earthers and with the flat Earth wiki 100%. I don't think anyone who believes the Earth is not round should have an alternative detailed and complex belief system.

So why do you have different standards for the different sides.

Instead they should simply question and remain open-minded.

Sounds like good advice for everyone.

Furthermore, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion is that trying to measure the size of the stars, the Sun and the Moon and the distance to them is as retarded as trying to measure the size of a rainbow!

Someone here has in their signature a nice quote:

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts."

By the way, in that photo you can't tell Jupiter is round, you can't tell it is solid either. You just see some light with a certain pattern through a telescope. How is it a round sphere in space, especially when you see just a circle? How exactly did you figure that out? Did you actually go there? Stop believing in fairy tales and for once try to be skeptical to official dogma.

What do you think this gif shows?

Also, there are spacecraft that have orbited Jupiter, clearly observing it's rotundity.  As to it's composition, I am not sure if we have sent probes down there, but there is a thing called spectroscopy which you might want to look in to.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2014, 08:15:39 AM »
It doesn't prove anything of the sort. How many times should I repeat myself that the presence of visible lights anywhere on the celestial sphere and their motion has nothing to do with the shape of the Earth? Is it so difficult for all of you to understand such a simple concept? You cannot determine what you are by looking somewhere else!!!!!  What you see as a Sun/Moon or whatever doesn't give you any information about the Earth at all. It is just visible light!

Good point Saros! Although, this kind of argument still stands :

1. The Earth is at rest, there are no motions (of any kind) of the Earth, this is 100 % proven fact![/b] Read more: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1636141#msg1636141

Now, the question:

CONCLUSION:

Now, somebody could ask "how about the Antarctica and South Celestial Pole"?

WILL I SEE THE SOUTHERN LIGHTS AND THE SOUTHERN CROSS IN ANTARCTICA?
The Aurora Australis, or Southern Lights, are only visible in Antarctica, primarily at the South Pole, from March to September; they are not often seen in areas visited by cruise ships since insufficient darkness occurs during the tourist season. The Southern Cross is easily visible from the southern hemisphere at practically any time of the year but, as with the Southern Lights, there needs to be enough darkness to see the constellation which isn't the case during the height of the tourist season.
Read more: http://iaato.org/hr/frequently-asked-questions

Above sentence could be interpreted in two ways:

1. There isn't any darkness at all (as it should be if the Earth were round)
2. There is certain amount of darkness, but it is not dark enough

Let's see one another report about the same issue:

December starts the high Antarctica tourist season, with its warming temperatures and longer daylight that stretches to twenty hours a day, especially appreciated by photographers who can keep shooting until past midnight. Read more : http://www.southernexplorations.com/antarctica-tours-cruises/antarctica-Travel-Seasons.htm

So, what happens after midnight passes?

We have to go back (again) to the age when there was much more honesty in this world, so to be able to find the right answer to the above question:

"In latitude 74° S., longitude 171° E., on January 22nd, 1841, it was the most beautiful night we had seen in these latitudes. The sky was perfectly clear and serene. At midnight (12 o'clock) when the sun was skimming along the southern horizon, at an altitude of about 2°, the sky over head was remarked to be of a most intense indigo blue, becoming paler in proportion to the distance from the zenith."

Captain James Weddle was in latitude 74° 15´ 0″ S., on February 20th, 1822, and he expressly states that "the sun was beneath the horizon for more than six hours."

We have seen that such was the case, for Captain Ross saw, more than once, what only a few days afterwards was not seen by Lieutenant Wilkes, and which is not mentioned by other antarctic navigators as a constant phenomenon. Clearly, then, there was unusual refraction ("great refraction," as Captain Ross admits, which caused a difference in the horizontal and vertical diameters of the sun of more than five minutes of a degree), which lifted the sun many degrees above its true position, giving an apparent altitude which rendered it visible across the northern centre to the observers on the opposite side of the great southern belt or circumference. This is what must of necessity have been the case if the earth is a plane; and until this can be experimentally disproved, it is equally a matter of necessity to conclude that Captain Ross made use of the words "southern horizon" simply because in his astronomically educated judgment it could not be otherwise. Had he had the slightest doubt as to the earth's rotundity, and therefore as to the true bearing of the sun at midnight, he would have been able to decide it by a very simple experiment; it is evident that in the daytime the sun would move across the firmament from his right hand to his left, and, keeping himself in the same position, he would see it in the night moving from his left to his right. This was really the case. Had the sun been really on the "southern horizon," Captain Ross would have had to turn his face in the opposite direction to that in which he saw the sun at mid-day, and hence the sun's motion would have been from right to left. This simple procedure would have decided the matter.

Did you notice something?

"RET - ZIGZAG - ARCTIC SCENARIO", IS A HYPOTHETIC PHENOMENA WHICH NOBODY EVER HAS SEEN, AND PRESENTS AN IMPOSSIBILITY ABOVE THE FLAT EARTH, BUT IT WOULD BE A NECESSITY IF THE EARTH WERE ROUND!

HOWEVER, SAME SCENARIO, LET'S CALL IT "FET - ZIGZAG - ANTARCTIC SCENARIO" (described in above excerpt from Rowbotham's "Earth not a Globe") IS A NECESSITY ON THE FLAT EARTH, BUT IT WOULD BE AN IMPOSSIBILITY IF THE EARTH WERE ROUND!

So, why there is nowhere to be seen such a video record (ANTARCTIC MIDNIHGT SUN VIDEO)???
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:23:58 AM by cikljamas »

« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2014, 08:39:58 AM »

It doesn't prove anything of the sort. How many times should I repeat myself that the presence of visible lights anywhere on the celestial sphere and their motion has nothing to do with the shape of the Earth? Is it so difficult for all of you to understand such a simple concept?

Au contraire. The observed behavior of solar-system and more remote objects is easily explained using a spinning, spheroidal earth orbiting around a large distant sun. There may be other models that also explain this, but I sure haven't seen one that works yet. If you have a flat-earth model that accurately explains the motion of celestial objects, let's hear the details. If you don't, then what are you yammering about? You can start by explaining, in detail, how a sunset works. After that, a flat-earth explanation of the phases of the Moon and its rise and set times through the month would be interesting.

How often you repeat that incorrect statement is up to you, but saying it over and over doesn't make it any more right than shouting about it.

You cannot determine what you are by looking somewhere else!!!!! 

If you believe that, you obviously haven't done any orienteering or celestial navigation. 

What you see as a Sun/Moon or whatever doesn't give you any information about the Earth at all. It is just visible light!

The apparent behavior of the bodies emitting that light, when viewed from earth, provide a lot of information about the shape of the Earth. Saying otherwise doesn't change this.

ausGeoff

« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2014, 08:42:08 AM »
The Aurora Australis, or Southern Lights, are only visible in Antarctica, primarily at the South Pole, from March to September; they are not often seen in areas visited by cruise ships since insufficient darkness occurs during the tourist season.
Demonstrably wrong.  Yet again.

The Aurora Australis are regularly visible from Tasmania as per:

The Southern Cross is easily visible from the southern hemisphere at practically any time of the year but, as with the Southern Lights, there needs to be enough darkness to see the constellation which isn't the case during the height of the tourist season.
Wrong again!  I can see Crux all year round.  You really need to check your facts.

"In latitude 74° S., longitude 171° E., on January 22nd, 1841, it was the most beautiful night we had seen in these latitudes. [...]
LOL... more 150-year-old flat earth "science".    ;D

« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2014, 10:00:23 AM »
CONCLUSION:

I don't see how that follows, but it's moot anyway. The Earth is not at rest. Even if you use a bold red font and ALL CAPS.

Now, somebody could ask "how about the Antarctica and South Celestial Pole"?

WILL I SEE THE SOUTHERN LIGHTS AND THE SOUTHERN CROSS IN ANTARCTICA?
The Aurora Australis, or Southern Lights, are only visible in Antarctica, primarily at the South Pole, from March to September; they are not often seen in areas visited by cruise ships since insufficient darkness occurs during the tourist season. The Southern Cross is easily visible from the southern hemisphere at practically any time of the year but, as with the Southern Lights, there needs to be enough darkness to see the constellation which isn't the case during the height of the tourist season.
Read more: http://iaato.org/hr/frequently-asked-questions

Above sentence could be interpreted in two ways:

1. There isn't any darkness at all (as it should be if the Earth were round)
2. There is certain amount of darkness, but it is not dark enough

You seem to have missed the part about those answers applying to the tourist season (bolding and underscore added above for your convenience). The tourist season is the warmer part of summer, when daylight lasts all or almost all day as described below (bolding and underscore added below for your convenience).

The line about the Aurora being visible only in Antarctica is clearly incorrect in general, but might be approximately true in the context of Antarctic tourism. Geoff already posted about the Southern Lights from Tasmania (just off the southern coast of Australia). They can also be seen from southern New Zealand, and southern South America.

Let's see one another report about the same issue:

December starts the high Antarctica tourist season, with its warming temperatures and longer daylight that stretches to twenty hours a day, especially appreciated by photographers who can keep shooting until past midnight. Read more : http://www.southernexplorations.com/antarctica-tours-cruises/antarctica-Travel-Seasons.htm

So, what happens after midnight passes?

The Sun gets higher in the sky.

We have to go back (again) to the age when there was much more honesty in this world, so to be able to find the right answer to the above question:

"In latitude 74° S., longitude 171° E., on January 22nd, 1841, it was the most beautiful night we had seen in these latitudes. The sky was perfectly clear and serene. At midnight (12 o'clock) when the sun was skimming along the southern horizon, at an altitude of about 2°, the sky over head was remarked to be of a most intense indigo blue, becoming paler in proportion to the distance from the zenith."

Captain James Weddle was in latitude 74° 15´ 0″ S., on February 20th, 1822, and he expressly states that "the sun was beneath the horizon for more than six hours."

Stellarium agrees pretty closely with these descriptions. What's your point?

Feb 20th is almost a full month later in the year than Jan 22; the Sun is no longer circumpolar from 74° S at the later date but is circumpolar at the earlier.

We have seen that such was the case, for Captain Ross saw, more than once, what only a few days afterwards was not seen by Lieutenant Wilkes, and which is not mentioned by other antarctic navigators as a constant phenomenon. Clearly, then, there was unusual refraction ("great refraction," as Captain Ross admits, which caused a difference in the horizontal and vertical diameters of the sun of more than five minutes of a degree), which lifted the sun many degrees above its true position, giving an apparent altitude which rendered it visible across the northern centre to the observers on the opposite side of the great southern belt or circumference. This is what must of necessity have been the case if the earth is a plane; and until this can be experimentally disproved, it is equally a matter of necessity to conclude that Captain Ross made use of the words "southern horizon" simply because in his astronomically educated judgment it could not be otherwise.

More likely, he said "southern horizon" because that's exactly where the Sun was. If the sun was actually "lifted" by several degrees, then that is greater than normal refraction. The sun looking "squashed" by 5' of arc may be typical - find some pictures of a setting sun and see if the vertical dimension appears reduced by about 1/6.

Had he had the slightest doubt as to the earth's rotundity, and therefore as to the true bearing of the sun at midnight, he would have been able to decide it by a very simple experiment; it is evident that in the daytime the sun would move across the firmament from his right hand to his left, and, keeping himself in the same position, he would see it in the night moving from his left to his right.
What do you mean here? Do you mean if he was still facing north, the Sun (behind him) would move from his left to right? OK, but if that's the case he couldn't see it because it's behind his back. If he turns around to face the sun, as you describe below, it continues to circle right to left.

This was really the case. Had the sun been really on the "southern horizon," Captain Ross would have had to turn his face in the opposite direction to that in which he saw the sun at mid-day, and hence the sun's motion would have been from right to left. This simple procedure would have decided the matter.

Did you notice something?

I've noticed that you seem completely baffled by some of the simplest things.

"RET - ZIGZAG - ARCTIC SCENARIO", IS A HYPOTHETIC PHENOMENA WHICH NOBODY EVER HAS SEEN, AND PRESENTS AN IMPOSSIBILITY ABOVE THE FLAT EARTH, BUT IT WOULD BE A NECESSITY IF THE EARTH WERE ROUND!

HOWEVER, SAME SCENARIO, LET'S CALL IT "FET - ZIGZAG - ANTARCTIC SCENARIO" (described in above excerpt from Rowbotham's "Earth not a Globe") IS A NECESSITY ON THE FLAT EARTH, BUT IT WOULD BE AN IMPOSSIBILITY IF THE EARTH WERE ROUND!

So, why there is nowhere to be seen such a video record (ANTARCTIC MIDNIHGT SUN VIDEO)???

Maybe because no one has posted one? It might help your search if you spelled 'midnight' correctly, though. The Antarctic summer sun circles the sky from right to left (as you face it) all day. I've seen it. No zig-zag needed, none observed.

[Edit] typo.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:05:23 AM by Alpha2Omega »

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2014, 11:13:51 AM »
CONCLUSION:

I don't see how that follows, but it's moot anyway.
I've noticed that you seem completely baffled by some of the simplest things

Had he had the slightest doubt as to the earth's rotundity, and therefore as to the true bearing of the sun at midnight, he would have been able to decide it by a very simple experiment; it is evident that in the daytime the sun would move across the firmament from his right hand to his left, and, keeping himself in the same position, he would see it in the night moving from his left to his right.
[/i]
What do you mean here? Do you mean if he was still facing north, the Sun (behind him) would move from his left to right? OK, but if that's the case he couldn't see it because it's behind his back. If he turns around to face the sun, as you describe below, it continues to circle right to left.

Maybe because no one has posted one?

No one in the whole world? How about you? Had you forgotten your camera (like Yuri Gagarin)?

The Antarctic summer sun circles the sky from right to left (as you face it) all day. I've seen it. No zig-zag needed, none observed.

You haven't watched carefully!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:15:57 AM by cikljamas »

« Reply #230 on: December 05, 2014, 12:20:12 PM »

No one in the whole world? How about you? Had you forgotten your camera (like Yuri Gagarin)?
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

« Reply #231 on: December 05, 2014, 12:51:27 PM »
The Antarctic summer sun circles the sky from right to left (as you face it) all day. I've seen it. No zig-zag needed, none observed.
There's no reason the sun, while moving from left to right near the horizon when viewed from within the arctic circle for the duration of a full day during the northern summer, with the observer continually tracking it while turning (so that the horizon is seen to move right to left) to visually stop and move the other direction. 

It would travel left to right (horizon right to left as sun is tracked) the entire 24 hours.   

I already posted a video of it.

« Reply #232 on: December 05, 2014, 01:49:03 PM »
CONCLUSION:

So explain. Why does a stationary earth have to be flat? It's still moot, of course, but I'd like to see what your "reasoning" was.

[/i]

Often it's because of unclear and inconsistent writing. Is my interpretation above correct, or did you mean something else? If the latter, what?

Believe it or not, young grasshopper, video camcorders haven't been around forever. Video cameras and VTRs were bulky, heavy, expensive, and not very robust. I did have two 35-mm still cameras with me.

Anyway, "29" found one for you.

How carefully is necessary? If you're thinking sub-arcseconds of parallax, then, no. How would you propose measuring that?

I presume you're satisfied with the rest of the answers in that previous post.

« Reply #233 on: December 05, 2014, 04:24:48 PM »

"Of course I didn't "go there".   Duh.   Have you been to Jupiter for evidence that it's—according to you—possibly a flat disc?  I thought not.  Goose, meet gander."

Jupiter is not a disc, it is not a sphere either. It is actually nothing but some cyclical celestial phenomenon. Of course you can see it spinning like a sphere, so what?It doesn't mean it is a sphere and it is solid. What you see is not what it seems. You're making a huge leap of faith by believing your eyes.
About the wiki, I have no idea what flat earthers consider their bible. I don't need to be familiar with the FES principles and doctrine to understand that the Earth is not a sphere. You're the one following a cult, don't assume everyone has to strongly believe in something like you. I'm simply skeptical. If I find any convincing evidence that the planets and all the rest is real I might change my mind, but so far all the evidence is bullshit and it is just an interpretation of what we see through the prism of heliocentrism/spherical Earth. It is utterly absurd to look at stuff in the sky and pretend you know it is solid and make conclusions about the Earth. It doesn't matter if you can use the stars for orientation. If the sky is like a ceiling you would also be able to use its patterns for orientation. But the stars and the planets simply cannot be solid spheres in nothingness. You believe in a fantasy.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #234 on: December 05, 2014, 04:32:24 PM »
Saroa, for someone who "simply skeptical" you sure seem pretty sure of yourself.

ausGeoff

« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2014, 07:07:19 AM »
The Aurora Australis, or Southern Lights, are only visible in Antarctica, primarily at the South Pole, from March to September; they are not often seen in areas visited by cruise ships since insufficient darkness occurs during the tourist season.
Demonstrably wrong.  Yet again.

The Aurora Australis are regularly visible from Tasmania.

[snip]

The Southern Cross is easily visible from the southern hemisphere at practically any time of the year but, as with the Southern Lights, there needs to be enough darkness to see the constellation which isn't the case during the height of the tourist season.
Wrong again!  I can see Crux all year round.  You really need to check your facts.

I note that cikljamas totally avoided addressing my Tasmanian Aurora Australis images, and admitting that he was wrong about only seeing it from Antarctica, plus the continual visibility of Crux.

Like a lot of flat earthers, when their erroneous notions are put to the test, and proven to be wrong, they just go quiet and hope their comments disappear quickly without any further comment.  Sad really.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2014, 07:19:50 AM »
CONCLUSION:

My "reasoning" (within a quotes) ? Well, let's see whose "reasoning" should be put within a quotes:

Split the (UNTILTED) globe into two halves through any meridional line, direct a source of light directly towards the tropic of capricorn (or the tropic of cancer), and watch the curve of a meridional line that separates day and night.

Now, answer me, if this curve of a meridional line that separates day and night isn't and cannot be placed more than 1 hour (AT BEST) from the meridional line which separates globe into two halves (180 degrees), how then we could get 16,5 hours of daylight at latitude 51 N (London)?

If the Earth were round, at the best case scenario, London could have 14 hours of daylight, although this is too generous proposition, but not 16,5 hours of daylight!!!

So if the Sun hung around one half of the globe 14 hours, how much time would left for the Sun to travell around other half (180 degree) of a globe?

Just 10 hours?

Well, that's just not enough time, don't you think so?

Watch this:

Blue line separates globe into two halves

Green line follows the curve that separates day and night

In the first example (above) a source of light hasn't been directed correctly (directly) towards the tropic of capricorn, so that we had to corrected this in the second example (below)...

[/i]

Often it's because of unclear and inconsistent writing. Is my interpretation above correct, or did you mean something else? If the latter, what?

Well, doesn't an english your native tongue, how come that you ask of me to interpret Rowbotham's words to you? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

@ 29Silhouette, that video is a hoax, and your explanation is wrong!

@ ausGeoff, should i laugh, or should i cry?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:24:58 AM by cikljamas »

ausGeoff

« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2014, 07:40:54 AM »
@ ausGeoff, should I laugh, or should i cry?

Whatever... again you avoid admitting to your two undeniable errors of fact.

You're as weak as piss mate.

And to answer your question about laughing or crying?  Neither.  Just get yourself to a library and read up on some commonly understood astrophysical facts before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

::)    ::)    ::)

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #238 on: December 06, 2014, 07:46:14 AM »
Didn't I already answer this to satisfaction when I explained that a sun 93000000 miles away and 865000 miles in diameter would have nearly parallel rays hitting the earth?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #239 on: December 06, 2014, 07:55:36 AM »
If you want to make an argument against RET or HC then the model that you demonstrate needs to contain all the parts of the model. Not just the parts that convenience your counter-claim. I hope you understand this.