What's the FE theory about space shuttle Columbia?

• 22 Replies
What's the FE theory about space shuttle Columbia?
« on: November 20, 2014, 04:58:32 PM »
Space shuttle Columbia was destroyed on February 1, 2003 while re-entering the atmosphere after a 16-day mission.  I would like to know the flat earth theory about this.  Specifically:

After Columbia launched on January 16, 2003, in full view of hundreds or thousands of spectators (as was always the case with shuttle launches), what did the vehicle and its astronauts do for the following 16 days if they were not in orbit around the Earth?  For example, do you think they flew to an uninhabited island in the Pacific Ocean, landed without anyone noticing, waited for 16 days, then launched again (without anyone noticing) to fake a reentry?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Re: What's the FE theory about space shuttle Columbia?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 05:25:07 PM »
Also, I would like to know what the FE'ers think the visible breaking objects in the sky were.
A disk is round.
A sphere is also round.

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 05:21:06 AM »
No reply from any flat earther on this topic?  Please respond!  I am dying to understand the logistics of hiding space shuttles.
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

?

Goth

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 05:44:09 AM »

Photos taken of the Columbia explosion from an Israeli satellite[/b]

They were taken....obviously,just as the Shuttle began to explode over the Earth.

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 05:58:15 AM »
Space shuttle Columbia was destroyed on February 1, 2003 while re-entering the atmosphere after a 16-day mission.  I would like to know the flat earth theory about this.  Specifically:

After Columbia launched on January 16, 2003, in full view of hundreds or thousands of spectators (as was always the case with shuttle launches), what did the vehicle and its astronauts do for the following 16 days if they were not in orbit around the Earth?  For example, do you think they flew to an uninhabited island in the Pacific Ocean, landed without anyone noticing, waited for 16 days, then launched again (without anyone noticing) to fake a reentry?

You know, I asked a similar question regarding the 1987 Challenger disaster as well as crowds watching launches at cape canaveral and the answer I got was that the astronauts are "actornauts". The whole thing is staged and the crowds are "rent-a-crowd"s (even though I have relatives who have been to these live launches)

I am betting they(FErs) will say that they blow it up with no casualite out of the public's eye.

Another multi billion dollar act to fool us to somehow produce a "financial benefit".

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 02:18:03 PM »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 12:07:42 AM »

I am certain that no human being was aboard the shuttle as it is impossible to get back on Earth alive after a trip in space. You are going much too fast in space and you have no means to slow down your spacecraft. So all shuttles were just empty on departure. Actually all human space travel is one big hoax started by the Soviets 1961 with Yuri Gagarin. I explain more at http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm .

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 12:44:05 AM »

I am certain that no human being was aboard the shuttle as it is impossible to get back on Earth alive after a trip in space. You are going much too fast in space and you have no means to slow down your spacecraft. So all shuttles were just empty on departure. Actually all human space travel is one big hoax started by the Soviets 1961 with Yuri Gagarin. I explain more at http://heiwaco.com/moontravel.htm .
What about the ISS?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 06:38:40 AM »
I am certain that no human being was aboard the shuttle as it is impossible to get back on Earth alive after a trip in space. You are going much too fast in space and you have no means to slow down your spacecraft.
Are you saying that atmospheric friction can't slow down something entering the atmosphere?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 12:14:19 PM »

oo, advertising your horrible site again. Have you yet realized that ignorance isn't evidence?

ausGeoff

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2014, 11:52:50 PM »
I am certain that no human being was aboard the shuttle as it is impossible to get back on Earth alive after a trip in space. You are going much too fast in space and you have no means to slow down your spacecraft. So all shuttles were just empty on departure. Actually all human space travel is one big hoax started by the Soviets 1961 with Yuri Gagarin. I explain more at The Unique World of Anders Bjorkman

Excellent link!  And even as a round earther, I agree totally with its content.

8)

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 12:28:28 PM »
I am certain that no human being was aboard the shuttle as it is impossible to get back on Earth alive after a trip in space. You are going much too fast in space and you have no means to slow down your spacecraft. So all shuttles were just empty on departure. Actually all human space travel is one big hoax started by the Soviets 1961 with Yuri Gagarin. I explain more at The Unique World of Anders Bjorkman

8)
he =)

"Björkman has been nominated for the JREF forum "Stundie," an award for the looniest conspiracist statement of the month, far more times than anyone, and has been voted the "winner" several times. His avoidance of mountains of facts and expertise, his complete ignorance of the most basic engineering concepts, and his insistence that special laws of physics apply in his world, are perhaps surpassed only by the inimitable Judy "Star Wars Beams" Wood."

Why don't we have an award like that on this site  :o

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »

8)
he =)

"Björkman has been nominated for the JREF forum "Stundie," an award for the looniest conspiracist statement of the month, far more times than anyone, and has been voted the "winner" several times. His avoidance of mountains of facts and expertise, his complete ignorance of the most basic engineering concepts, and his insistence that special laws of physics apply in his world, are perhaps surpassed only by the inimitable Judy "Star Wars Beams" Wood."

Made one just for you

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62366

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 01:35:46 PM »

8)
he =)

Made one just for you

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62366
A service to the community!!!  ;D

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 04:44:11 PM »
There is still no response to this question from the flat earth community (with the exception of Heiwa, the guy who lies about having a million euros to offer as some kind of prize for something).  Are you flat earthers willing to admit that you have no plausible explanation for Columbia?  If you think you have an explanation, please share the details.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 04:50:14 PM »
There is still no response to this question from the flat earth community (with the exception of Heiwa, the guy who lies about having a million euros to offer as some kind of prize for something).  Are you flat earthers willing to admit that you have no plausible explanation for Columbia?  If you think you have an explanation, please share the details.
No, it was a pyrotechnic thing done by NASA, which is done under their $99999999999999999999 budget. Also, it somehow doesn't melt the ice dome.
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 06:22:51 PM »

Photos taken of the Columbia explosion from an Israeli satellite

They were taken....obviously,just as the Shuttle began to explode over the Earth.

No, this is a photo of the disaster:

Colombia exploded during reentry, not while it was orbiting the Earth.  It's heat shield was damaged when the external tank (the big orange thing) separated, and that caused the shuttle to not be capable of surviving reentry, but nobody knew this up until the ship was reentering and things were overheating.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 06:37:33 PM »

Photos taken of the Columbia explosion from an Israeli satellite

No, this is a photo of the disaster:

Colombia exploded during reentry, not while it was orbiting the Earth.  It's heat shield was damaged when the external tank (the big orange thing) separated, and that caused the shuttle to not be capable of surviving reentry, but nobody knew this up until the ship was reentering and things were overheating.

It was humor again Mikey.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2014, 06:42:07 PM »
It was humor again Mikey.

LOL, I had this big long response typed up about a bunch of reasons why those photos can't be real.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2014, 06:02:57 PM »
You people have not answered our question. Explain why these people's families cared more about money than their family members. Most won't stoop that low. Unless they're all sick people? I honestly think you're making too light of this tragedy. It's humbling, what happened up there. Except for Flat Earthers. Theysee it as a pyrotechnic show made by NASA, breaking apart families, locking away people. Do you think they care THAT much about their power? People like that die. They become subject of jokes. Kim Jon Ul. He has a movie about 2 guys hired to kill him. He went mad with power, and you think it's OK to make NASA look like him, but secretive?
Finally,
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=6549678
I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

ausGeoff

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2014, 06:43:18 PM »
Like most other things of a technical/scientific nature, the flat earthers are ill-equipped to comment meaningfully on the Columbia disaster.

And, as a few examples as to why;  they believe that NASA is a bogus organisation set up to rob US taxpayers, they don't accept the reality of satellites, they don't accept the principles of jet propulsion—especially in a vacuum, they believe that all the Apollo missions were staged here on earth in a secret film set in Area 51, they claim that the thousands of images and all the film footage are faked, they believe that all the Google Earth imagery was taken from low-flying aircraft, they claim that the curvature of the earth's horizon can't be perceived even from a 70,000 ft altitude,  they believe that one cannot circumnavigate the earth without altering course, they claim the sun and moon are only 32 miles in diameter, they refute the theory of gravitational attraction, they rebut the basic principles of the Foucault Pendulum, they don't believe in the astrophysics of solar and/or lunar eclipses, they claim that the sun is perpetually above all of the earth's surface, they deny that the earth is orbiting the sun periodically etc.....

With such extremely bizarre views such as these, it's more than obvious why their opinions on serious topics such as the deaths of the Columbia astronauts is treated by them so lightheartedly—and disrespectfully.

Although most flat earthers are noted for their disdain of any established scientific theories they disagree with (which accounts for nearly all of them LOL) and their usual contempt for round earthers.

?

RoundEarthFact

• I'm an atheist REer.
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2014, 07:43:05 PM »

So you expect me to believe that the government spent billions of dollars to launch a spacecraft, then blew it up in the atmosphere killing several of their astronauts?  That's liking saying the owners of the World Trade Center ordered the 9/11 attack, it's bullshit.  Also, during the 1960'2 and 70's, the US and the Soviets were in an intense space race, they would do anything to try and disprove that the other country ever sent anyone to space.   
Snappin yo ankles and lookin dang good doin it