Roald Amundsen and Jon Sanders

• 40 Replies
?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
Re: Roald Amundsen and Jon Sanders
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 09:30:37 AM »
Do you not commit arguments from authority? Arguments ad populum? Are you denying this?

Nope.  Nope.  Yeah.

Are you familiar with with what a logical fallacy is? I want to pretend you are just trolling but I think you might seriously not see what the problem is.

ausGeoff

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 10:02:06 AM »
Are you familiar with with what a logical fallacy is?
Oh yes.  It's the favoured "proof" of the flat earthers.

I want to pretend you are just trolling but I think you might seriously not see what the problem is.

To be honest... yep, a little harmless trolling maybe.  I've gotten sick of trying to have any sort of meaningful discussion with the majority of the flat earthers, and like a lot of round earthers here, I generally just pop in and out for a few laughs nowadays.  I had hoped for a genuine, informed debate from the FEs along somewhat more in-depth scientific lines, but (as you know) the majority of threads just turn into slanging matches.

And I think you'll find I raised the point of logical fallacies several months ago myself in reference to many of the FE's bizarre notions.

It's now obvious that logic doesn't enter into the flat earth dialogue.  Or maths or science or astrophysics or astronomy... etc.  So it was naive of me to think—way back when—that they could.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2014, 10:06:25 AM »
Are you familiar with with what a logical fallacy is?
Oh yes.  It's the favoured "proof" of the flat earthers.

We are talking about fallacies you routinely commit, not FEers.  Focus.

I want to pretend you are just trolling but I think you might seriously not see what the problem is.

To be honest... yep, a little harmless trolling maybe.  I've gotten sick of trying to have any sort of meaningful discussion with the majority of the flat earthers, and like a lot of round earthers here, I generally just pop in and out for a few laughs nowadays.  I had hoped for a genuine, informed debate from the FEs along somewhat more in-depth scientific lines, but (as you know) the majority of threads just turn into slanging matches.

And I think you'll find I raised the point of logical fallacies several months ago myself in reference to many of the FE's bizarre notions.

It's now obvious that logic doesn't enter into the flat earth dialogue.  Or maths or science or astrophysics or astronomy... etc.  So it was naive of me to think—way back when—that they could.
If you are just here for a good laugh then why post so much?  Some of us are here for the debate and your incredulous, insulting and often fallacious posts are distracting.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

ausGeoff

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 10:35:07 AM »
If you are just here for a good laugh then why post so much?  Some of us are here for the debate and your incredulous, insulting and often fallacious posts are distracting.

Like most genuine round earthers (note the bolding) I'm just saying that I'm only here for the laughs nowadays.  Fence-sitters such as yourself I call flat earth agnostics;  you don't really wanna admit that you think that there could be a grain of truth in the flat earth claim.  Not one of your recent posts has made any obvious stance in favour of the spherical earth model.  Are you "on the turn" maybe?

Which I'm guessing is why you attack me—a genuine RE—and at the same time spend a little too much of your time defending FEs and/or answering my comments to them on their behalf.  Very strange behaviour.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2014, 12:32:44 PM »

Like most genuine round earthers (note the bolding) I'm just saying that I'm only here for the laughs nowadays.  Fence-sitters such as yourself I call flat earth agnostics;  you don't really wanna admit that you think that there could be a grain of truth in the flat earth claim.  Not one of your recent posts has made any obvious stance in favour of the spherical earth model.  Are you "on the turn" maybe?

Which I'm guessing is why you attack me—a genuine RE—and at the same time spend a little too much of your time defending FEs and/or answering my comments to them on their behalf.  Very strange behaviour.

Most of what you said is too stupefyingly delusional that I can't say anything to it. But again, if you are just here for a laugh, why not post less when so many members, FEers and REers alike, have expressed annoyance at your posts?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 03:58:35 AM »
Well, Geoff is determined he can tell who the "genuine" round earthers are, but he has no idea what empiricism is.  ::)
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

ausGeoff

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2014, 04:08:28 PM »
But again, if you are just here for a laugh, why not post less when so many members, FEers and REers alike, have expressed annoyance at your posts?

I really don't care one way or the other what people think of my comments.  If you're apparently that annoyed, then don't bother to read them.  Nobody's forcing you to—I'm certainly not—but you seem to enjoy following me around like a lap dog posting your puerile little put-downs.

Go for it my friend.   ;D

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 04:42:36 PM »
But again, if you are just here for a laugh, why not post less when so many members, FEers and REers alike, have expressed annoyance at your posts?

I really don't care one way or the other what people think of my comments.  If you're apparently that annoyed, then don't bother to read them.  Nobody's forcing you to—I'm certainly not—but you seem to enjoy following me around like a lap dog posting your puerile little put-downs.

You are unfortunately unavoidable since you spam every thread. Anyway, I obviously won't be able to appeal to your reason, good sense or good will. Hopefully someone else will be able to.

By the way, you should either look up puerile in the dictionary or re-read my comments to you.

Looking forward to a plethora of terrible and fallacious posts!

ausGeoff

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 05:24:53 PM »

You are unfortunately unavoidable since you spam every thread. Anyway, I obviously won't be able to appeal to your reason, good sense or good will. Hopefully someone else will be able to.

By the way, you should either look up puerile in the dictionary or re-read my comments to you.

My dear stalker... let me spell it out even more clearly for you:  Can you kindly add me to your IGNORE list and stop wasting my bandwidth downloading your endless off-topic rantings?

Thank you.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »

My dear stalker... let me spell it out even more clearly for you:  Can you kindly add me to your IGNORE list and stop wasting my bandwidth downloading your endless off-topic rantings?

Thank you.

Why can't you just take our advice, understand the fallacies that we accused you of and try to correct it? It is constructive criticism and you only stand to benefit from acknowledging it.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2014, 08:26:51 PM »
My dear stalker...
Stalker?  You post in just about every thread.  It's th*rking near impossible to avoid you.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.