Round things

• 59 Replies
?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
Re: Round things
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2014, 06:27:25 PM »

So you agree the moon has distinct features? How does this fit in with your hypothesis that it is merely just another reflection among many other reflections?
The moon is a reflection of the sun over the dome. You see the sun as the intial source of blinding light and it's reflection over the dome distance, you see as a less strength light.
It's light a mirrored image of lights that all look circular.

You mean they look spherical right. Do you need help recognizing sphere's? Tell me what part about it confuses you.

By the way, the moon and the sun were both out at the same time recently. Quite a site.
No, I mean circular.
And the sun and the moon being out just further proves that reflection and refraction play a major part in the dome.
At times you will see many reflections. Sometimes some of these are referred to as sundogs.

Oh they are further than the stars. So it's not a dome? Wouldn't they necessarily be the same distance away as the stars.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2014, 06:28:41 PM »
Way to not address anything I said other than the point about multiple sources. Even then, what you said was pointless. If the sky is a mirror in the same way that a mirror is a mirror then when the lights are on (like the light in a bathroom aka the sun) then we would see our very own earth in the sky. Answer my other points and amend the point you just made so that it isn't worthless.
You are not looking in to a flat mirror and you're also looking  at light from distance. Your eyes are simply not good enough to see Earth, because all you can see is the points of light from the source and the reflections from those that mirror themselves.
What you see is dependent on where you are on the circle.

I was at chuckee cheese and looked at a wacky mirror. While my reflection was wacky, I could still tell it was me. I tried various wacky mirrors and while they were all variously wacky, it was still clearly myself.

I need to remind that I asked you to answer other questions. I will type them again if you can't find your scroll wheel.
In your mirror you found that whilst you were looking north, your reflection is looking south.
Think about that with the stars on the dome.

Oh so the southern constellations are the same as the northern ones? Delightful. How did old world travelers know which way was east and which way was west?

I didn't forget about my other questions. Don't be lazy.
The lights move over the dome so gaining bearings from them is no problem.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
Way to not address anything I said other than the point about multiple sources. Even then, what you said was pointless. If the sky is a mirror in the same way that a mirror is a mirror then when the lights are on (like the light in a bathroom aka the sun) then we would see our very own earth in the sky. Answer my other points and amend the point you just made so that it isn't worthless.
You are not looking in to a flat mirror and you're also looking  at light from distance. Your eyes are simply not good enough to see Earth, because all you can see is the points of light from the source and the reflections from those that mirror themselves.
What you see is dependent on where you are on the circle.

I was at chuckee cheese and looked at a wacky mirror. While my reflection was wacky, I could still tell it was me. I tried various wacky mirrors and while they were all variously wacky, it was still clearly myself.

I need to remind that I asked you to answer other questions. I will type them again if you can't find your scroll wheel.
In your mirror you found that whilst you were looking north, your reflection is looking south.
Think about that with the stars on the dome.

Oh so the southern constellations are the same as the northern ones? Delightful. How did old world travelers know which way was east and which way was west?

I didn't forget about my other questions. Don't be lazy.
The lights move over the dome so gaining bearings from them is no problem.

Did you understand the question?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2014, 06:32:14 PM »
You're so fun scepti. God your theory is terrible. I'll be back later.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:15:08 PM by rottingroom »

?

BJ1234

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2014, 06:33:05 PM »
This should start some debate.Looking south on a flat earth some of this cant happen.

http://sguisard.astrosurf.com/Pagim/From_pole_to_pole.html
It certainly can on a mirrored dome.

Yeah, billions of lights in the sky, some of which look clearly like spheres through a telescope, are just reflections from a source on the surface of earth that nobody has ever seen. Makes perfect sense.
Any reflected light over a short distance will look like a circle to your eye, even if it starts off as triangular.
All you will ever see over distance is circles.
HOw short of a distance?  5ft, 10ft?  What do you consider a short distance?
Maybe a bit more.
then 10ft 6in, 11ft?  What do you consider a bit more?
Maybe a bit more.
Why the deflection?  Why can't you answer a direct question about your ideas?

What do you consider a short distance?  One in which we will see all light as circular?

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2014, 06:37:27 PM »
Can you observe the so called moon rotate?
Actually I (and you, too, if you'd bother, which you won't) can observe the Moon rotate. It keeps the same side toward us, but faces different parts of the sky through the month.  Today, Nov 22, the part of the moon facing us is facing away from the constellation Scorpio (and the Sun) and toward the constellation Taurus. In a week, it will be facing away from Aquarius and toward Leo. A week after that, the full moon will be facing away from Taurus and toward Scorpio (and the Sun, which is why it's a full moon). Another week later, on Dec 13, it'll be facing away from Leo and Virgo, and toward Aquarius. It keeps the same side toward us (mostly), but to anyone who actually does think about it, it's clearly rotating.

No we observe it librating but we do observe all the other spherical looking objects rotating.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libration
No you don't. You're told they do. You do not observe this.
Yes, I do. You don't observe it because you're too lazy or afraid of what you'll see, or both, but not everyone has your problems. Again, you, could observe it yourself if you could ever be bothered to actually go outside and really look at things in detail instead of just using "logic", your imagination, and hand-waving to explain in great detail what you think is happening - without bothering to check against reality.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2014, 06:47:30 PM »

So you agree the moon has distinct features? How does this fit in with your hypothesis that it is merely just another reflection among many other reflections?
The moon is a reflection of the sun over the dome. You see the sun as the intial source of blinding light and it's reflection over the dome distance, you see as a less strength light.

You mean they look spherical right. Do you need help recognizing sphere's? Tell me what part about it confuses you.

By the way, the moon and the sun were both out at the same time recently. Quite a site.
No, I mean circular.
And the sun and the moon being out just further proves that reflection and refraction play a major part in the dome.
At times you will see many reflections. Sometimes some of these are referred to as sundogs.

Oh they are further than the stars. So it's not a dome? Wouldn't they necessarily be the same distance away as the stars.
They are all the same distance. It's just reflections that make them appear smaller.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2014, 06:52:55 PM »

No, I mean circular.

They are all the same distance. It's just reflections that make them appear smaller.
How can they be further yet the same distance?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2014, 06:54:32 PM »

No, I mean circular.

What are you talking about?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2014, 07:01:09 PM »
I think he is talking about stuff that you said.

Press ctrl-F and then type "shit that scepti says".

Please look through the thread again and address all the questions you ignored. While you're at it read through everything you said because it appears that you already forgot.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:14:17 PM by rottingroom »

?

BJ1234

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2014, 07:15:19 PM »

No, I mean circular.

What are you talking about?
Well, if you can't even keep up with what you posted 3 or 4 posts ago, what hope do I have of getting a direct question answered?

If the sun and moon aren't "just further" than the stars, then what exactly are they "just further" than?

Please try and keep your story consistent.  Also, please answer the distance at which all light becomes circular?

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2014, 10:23:22 PM »
I'm sorry to say guys, but your point about the circular nature of stars... Scepti's right, and that point is kind of irrelevant.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but if you're thinking that the circular nature of stars shows their true shape, then you're wrong.

Stars are much too far away for us to discern their true shape with our naked eye, and even a powerful telescope. The apparent roundness of a star in the sky is just a result of the way light is emitted from hundreds of light years away. There's no possible way with current technology for us to see their true shape, or even their rotations. We can measure their radio emissions and such, and in some cases get a nice pulse out of it, but not their texture or visible features.

I would drop this point if that's where you're headed.
To a flat earth theorist, being a "skeptic" is to have confirmation bias.
Just because I'm a genius doesn't mean I know everything.

Jet Fission

• NASA shill
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2014, 10:29:00 PM »
Also, as a side note, the Moon does empirically wobble. You can easily make this observation with a DSLR and a telephoto lens. It may take a few months, but you can compile the photos and play them like stop motion and see the moon wobble. It's very slight, but it's definitely there.

Oh, and the Moon rotates once every 27 days in reality.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:46:06 PM by Jet Fission »
To a flat earth theorist, being a "skeptic" is to have confirmation bias.
Just because I'm a genius doesn't mean I know everything.

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2014, 03:46:53 AM »
Ooh goody, an ice dome thread - my favourite.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2014, 03:50:08 AM »
Also, as a side note, the Moon does empirically wobble. You can easily make this observation with a DSLR and a telephoto lens. It may take a few months, but you can compile the photos and play them like stop motion and see the moon wobble. It's very slight, but it's definitely there.

Oh, and the Moon rotates once every 27 days in reality.
Maybe the camera moves.   27.3 actually.

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2014, 03:51:20 AM »
So, is this the thread where scepti shows us the long promised diagram of how the ice dome "model" actually works?

Forget libation, he hasn't explained sunsets or the seasons* yet.  I mean, why does it even get dark under a perfectly mirrored ice dome?

Come on scepti, grow a pair and attempt the diagram.

*well, see my sig for the making-stuff-up-as-you-go-a-long answer to that

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2014, 05:53:54 AM »
So, is this the thread where scepti shows us the long promised diagram of how the ice dome "model" actually works?

Forget libation, he hasn't explained sunsets or the seasons* yet.  I mean, why does it even get dark under a perfectly mirrored ice dome?

What for? it's not for you anyway. I already know what your stance is on EVERYTHING against your indoctrination, so even if I put out a working diagram that was 1 million times more concrete than you were indoctrinated to believe, you would still deny it.
I'll show the right people in due time and you can sit and jump up and down and type whatever you want to me about it and I'll just smile.

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2014, 06:05:21 AM »

What for? it's not for you anyway. I already know what your stance is on EVERYTHING against your indoctrination, so even if I put out a working diagram that was 1 million times more concrete than you were indoctrinated to believe, you would still deny it.
Well, why don't you try me?

How do you think you will convince anyone of your hypothesis if you can't even explain how sunsets work?  I mean, you can't even explain why it gets dark can you?

I'll show the right people in due time
No, you won't - you've been saying this for years.  You aren't even honest enough to admit you know the ice-dome hypothesis is bullshit - you don't even have the courage of your convictions.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2014, 06:24:55 AM »
I'm sorry to say guys, but your point about the circular nature of stars... Scepti's right, and that point is kind of irrelevant.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make, but if you're thinking that the circular nature of stars shows their true shape, then you're wrong.

Stars are much too far away for us to discern their true shape with our naked eye, and even a powerful telescope. The apparent roundness of a star in the sky is just a result of the way light is emitted from hundreds of light years away. There's no possible way with current technology for us to see their true shape, or even their rotations. We can measure their radio emissions and such, and in some cases get a nice pulse out of it, but not their texture or visible features.

I would drop this point if that's where you're headed.
Not where I am going at all.  I am just trying to get him to answer some direct questions, which he never seems to be able to do..  Also, the sun, moon, and other planets are close enough to see their spherocity from pictures along with their rotations.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2014, 06:41:33 AM »

Well, why don't you try me?

How do you think you will convince anyone of your hypothesis if you can't even explain how sunsets work?  I mean, you can't even explain why it gets dark can you?

I'll show the right people in due time
No, you won't - you've been saying this for years.  You aren't even honest enough to admit you know the ice-dome hypothesis is bullshit - you don't even have the courage of your convictions.

Nah, not for you.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2014, 07:25:18 AM »
He made one before. He had the source of all the light in the world sitting atop what looked like a mammoth tower in order to compensate for the fact that sunsets go below the horizon. This was laughable though because it only makes it make even less sense that we've never seen this light source since 1. The source would be at least as bright or brighter than the reflection and 2. We should ve able to find it.

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2014, 07:37:18 AM »
Nah, not for you.
Not for anyone, including yourself.

Perhaps just explain how it gets dark under a perfectly mirrored dome?

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2014, 07:38:41 AM »
He made one before. He had the source of all the light in the world sitting atop what looked like a mammoth tower in order to compensate for the fact that sunsets go below the horizon.
I must have missed the Sauron model.

ausGeoff

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2014, 10:45:34 PM »
I'll show the right people in due time and you can sit and jump up and down and type whatever you want to me about it and I'll just smile.

I think our resident forum retard should get a rubber stamp made up of this feeble excuse he uses whenever he's asked to provide specific proof for all his bizarre claims.

He's always waffling on about "showing" his stuff to the "right" people in "due time" and telling all the others that he's not gonna honour them with any of his research results.  Only issue with this bullshit?  That due time never actually comes, so the dopey stiff never has to produce the goods.

;D    ;D    ;D

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2014, 11:36:33 PM »
My basketball is flat until I put air in it. But since you haven't seen me or my basketball neither of them exist... Like Connecticut! I don't believe Europe is a real place... Never been there so it must not exist.

ausGeoff

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2014, 06:01:10 AM »
My basketball is flat until I put air in it. But since you haven't seen me or my basketball neither of them exist... Like Connecticut! I don't believe Europe is a real place... Never been there so it must not exist.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2014, 05:17:54 PM »
ausGeoff, please refrain from posting low content in the upper fora.  Thanks. 

ausGeoff

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2014, 04:21:21 AM »
Interesting to note that yet again a moderator censures a round earther for allegedly posting "low content" in an upper forum, whereas flat earthers—such as sceptimatic—repeatedly avoid such censure.  A few of sceptimatic's one-liners that've been ignored by any moderator?  "Maybe a bit more";  "Nah, not for you";  "What are you talking about?"  etc.  All on this one thread alone.

As I've often said here, there's obviously two sets of forum rules;  one for flat earthers and another for round earthers.  If people (from both belief systems) were actually banned for repeatedly and consistently posting numerous low content comments, then sceptimatic would be banned every week LOL.

Likewise, this nonsense passed uncommented upon by any moderator:

The site is doomed if this sort of playground humour is allowed to pass as considered opinion.  Hence my "troll" warning which apparently upset jroa.

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2014, 05:13:31 AM »
Plus inconsistent moderation in the Q&As.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2014, 10:06:36 AM »
Fun fact: the round earthers that are "highly indoctrinated" are also the people that know what they are talking about while the flat earthers are the kind of people who use science class as nap time and their knowlage on round Earth theory is limited to what they have seen on the science channel while channel scrolling.  See a pattern here?
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.