Unvealing the truth: Is Flat Future a moot point?

• 55 Replies
?

NiveusLucis

• Light the bringing white light, forever. 1902
Unvealing the truth: Is Flat Future a moot point?
« on: November 13, 2014, 03:46:33 PM »
Hello and thanks for welcoming me

I have been raised as a staunch defender of the Flat Earth, but debating this in modern times is downright frustrating, I have been called by many disrespectful names, received numerous mocks by my peer former-to-do-so friends, and even received DEATH threats.

Is there any way that people know the truths about Flat Earth? Or are we doomed to a world dominated by the Lie of Lies?

ausGeoff

Re: Unvealing the truth: Is Flat Future a moot point?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 01:02:34 AM »
I have been raised as a staunch defender of the Flat Earth.....

And herein lies your major problem.  You've been thoroughly brainwashed by the few flat earthers left on the planet, and your powers of logic and discernment severely diminished by repeated exposure to their nonsensical pseudo-science.

Those of a rational state of mind can feel nothing but abject pity for your decreased mental competence.

Hopefully, you'll be able to restart at least some of those dormant brain cells.  Please give it a try.

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 02:07:57 AM »

And herein lies your major problem.  You've been thoroughly brainwashed by the few flat earthers left on the planet, and your powers of logic and discernment severely diminished by repeated exposure to their nonsensical pseudo-science.

Those of a rational state of mind can feel nothing but abject pity for your decreased mental competence.

Hopefully, you'll be able to restart at least some of those dormant brain cells.  Please give it a try.

It is not about mental capacity at all. Those who think the Earth is round most often simply believe what they have been told without any attempt to understand why. Do you call this mental capacity? Actually you cannot perform any absolute measurements to prove the Earth is round or flat without anyone objecting it, so please leave your pathetic mental competence out of the equation. There is no such thing as rational state of mind when it comes to such issues. There is no rationality in the idea that the Earth is round either. Rationality is based on what you have gotten used to and not on absolute truth. The Earth can very well be flat as a pancake and you cannot provide any objective proof against that. You haven't been to space, you haven't seen it from 10000 km, so you can't possibly be 100% sure it is round unless you're a fanatic. It is all based on your beliefs. In fact, people who don't question well established ideas are the ones who are mentally brainwashed. It is the most natural thing to question what you have been told even if the majority believes in it. Anyway, you guys are trolls and it is clear to anyone. Otherwise you wouldn't be trying to derail every thread about FE opened on this forum, which forum, by the way, is dedicated to FE! I even suspect many of you are actually open to the idea much more than an average person. A regular guy would never post on a FE forum, not even as a RE defender, so you definitely have an agenda. If you're so mainstream why the heck are you here?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 03:14:35 AM »

It is not about mental capacity at all. Those who think the Earth is round most often simply believe what they have been told without any attempt to understand why. Do you call this mental capacity? Actually you cannot perform any absolute measurements to prove the Earth is round or flat without anyone objecting it, so please leave your pathetic mental competence out of the equation. There is no such thing as rational state of mind when it comes to such issues. There is no rationality in the idea that the Earth is round either. Rationality is based on what you have gotten used to and not on absolute truth. The Earth can very well be flat as a pancake and you cannot provide any objective proof against that. You haven't been to space, you haven't seen it from 10000 km, so you can't possibly be 100% sure it is round unless you're a fanatic. It is all based on your beliefs. In fact, people who don't question well established ideas are the ones who are mentally brainwashed. It is the most natural thing to question what you have been told even if the majority believes in it. Anyway, you guys are trolls and it is clear to anyone. Otherwise you wouldn't be trying to derail every thread about FE opened on this forum, which forum, by the way, is dedicated to FE! I even suspect many of you are actually open to the idea much more than an average person. A regular guy would never post on a FE forum, not even as a RE defender, so you definitely have an agenda. If you're so mainstream why the heck are you here?
At least you're another one that has them easily figured out. It's great to watch them squirm.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 03:41:16 AM »

I would really like to see a sane answer to that question! But puting these two words/phrases ("sanity" & "RE professional defenders") into a same sentence is like comparing ISIL-maniacs with human beings, there are no links (whatsoever) between such an opposites ...Sadly...
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 03:51:28 AM »
Hello and thanks for welcoming me

I have been raised as a staunch defender of the Flat Earth, but debating this in modern times is downright frustrating,
I know.  What with all the space travel, global commercial air networks, globalised shipping, Google Earth, round the world trips and satellite systems; it is hard to keep a straight face whilst arguing for a flat earth.

It must have been much easier for you in medieval times.

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 04:15:20 AM »
Those that defend the ridiculous rotating sphere in space, going around a massive sun, can be put into 3 categories as regards coming to a flat Earth forum.

1. They are simply shills who are paid to infiltrate forums to make sure that flat Earth numbers do not grow and do anything within their power to ridicule anything that goes against the indoctrinated view.
These people will be armed with all the info that goes in favour of the globe model.

2. The inquisitive bunch who have been indoctrinated but are seeing many things that simply don't add up, so they come here to see the views of different minds and are interested enough to stay around and try to learn as much as they can to maybe make up their own minds after spending years being dumbed down. Many of these people will still follow the crowd but will be secretly siding with the ones that are awake.

3. The trolls who believe they are getting some kind of kick out of forum drive by jaunts to see how many people they can suck in. These types usually leave quite quickly.

I could name the names who I genuinely believe are shills but  think they should be obvious to most people who are switched on.
The biggest one is from Australia.

They work by playing all games. The good cop bad cop routines. The forum slides of topics that are a bit too close to the bone.
The derailment of topics that are too close to the bone.
The continuous attempts at ridicule of those that will not give up coming at them.

These people will immediately attack new posters who show even a slight interest in alternative thinking.
This is an attempt to put off any viewers who maybe want to sign up and post.

To anyone who's reading this, who are tempted to sign up with alternative thinking or who like the idea of a flat Earth, then do not worry about the shills. Get signed up and post your thoughts.
Remember one thing. It's not about who thinks your thoughts are valid or not...it's about putting them out to discuss and this way, we can all find little snippets of info from each other that can piece a very complex jigsaw together that has been painted over by the liars of this world.

Remember one thing. If people try to intimidate or ridicule you on a forum, then you must be doing something right or at least irritating them enough to warrant them expending their time responding to you. Take that as a compliment. Try your best not to take them on by playing tit for tat in ridicule terms because it causes them to press the complaint button and annoy the moderators.

A certain Australian has done it so many times against me, that I was wondering if he had a meltdown,
Because I'm not the type to hold grudges or instigate bitterness. I won't mention names. I'll leave that up to each individual to see for themselves.

ausGeoff

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2014, 04:39:50 AM »
Heaven help us LOL.

More of sceptimatic's verbal diarrhea.

;D

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 04:58:17 AM »
Those that defend the ridiculous rotating sphere in space, going around a massive sun, can be put into 3 categories as regards coming to a flat Earth forum.

1. They are simply shills who are paid to infiltrate forums to make sure that flat Earth numbers do not grow and do anything within their power to ridicule anything that goes against the indoctrinated view.
These people will be armed with all the info that goes in favour of the globe model.

2. The inquisitive bunch who have been indoctrinated but are seeing many things that simply don't add up, so they come here to see the views of different minds and are interested enough to stay around and try to learn as much as they can to maybe make up their own minds after spending years being dumbed down. Many of these people will still follow the crowd but will be secretly siding with the ones that are awake.

3. The trolls who believe they are getting some kind of kick out of forum drive by jaunts to see how many people they can suck in. These types usually leave quite quickly.

I could name the names who I genuinely believe are shills but  think they should be obvious to most people who are switched on.
The biggest one is from Australia.

They work by playing all games. The good cop bad cop routines. The forum slides of topics that are a bit too close to the bone.
The derailment of topics that are too close to the bone.
The continuous attempts at ridicule of those that will not give up coming at them.

These people will immediately attack new posters who show even a slight interest in alternative thinking.
This is an attempt to put off any viewers who maybe want to sign up and post.

To anyone who's reading this, who are tempted to sign up with alternative thinking or who like the idea of a flat Earth, then do not worry about the shills. Get signed up and post your thoughts.
Remember one thing. It's not about who thinks your thoughts are valid or not...it's about putting them out to discuss and this way, we can all find little snippets of info from each other that can piece a very complex jigsaw together that has been painted over by the liars of this world.

Remember one thing. If people try to intimidate or ridicule you on a forum, then you must be doing something right or at least irritating them enough to warrant them expending their time responding to you. Take that as a compliment. Try your best not to take them on by playing tit for tat in ridicule terms because it causes them to press the complaint button and annoy the moderators.

A certain Australian has done it so many times against me, that I was wondering if he had a meltdown
Because I'm not the type to hold grudges or instigate bitterness. I won't mention names. I'll leave that up to each individual to see for themselves.

Another one post worthy framing!!! THUMB UP!!!

As for Australian:

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 05:00:33 AM by cikljamas »

ausGeoff

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 05:11:22 AM »

As for Australian...

I'm pleased to see that I've apparently rattled a few flat earth cages here!  The poor old flat earthers are starting to gang up against me LOL.  At last genuine science has obviously got them on the defensive.

Although you'd better be careful sceptimatic;  this is not the first time that cikljamas sucked up to you.  Next thing you know, he'll be looking for a good arse reaming from you.    ;D

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 05:13:53 AM »

1. They are simply shills who are paid to infiltrate forums to make sure that flat Earth numbers do not grow..

blah...blah

tldr
:D

If you actually believe this, then I fear for you mental health.  Who the hell would pay people to come and piss around on some half-dead forum at the arse end of the internet?  You do realise that the actual FES members don't actually think the world is flat, don't you?

Anyway, if anyone is being paid to open this forum up to ridicule, it must be you.  Your ridiculous blatherings about "ice domes" and "super glowing crystals" make it look like it is inhabited by patients from a psychiatric unit.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2014, 05:48:21 AM »

As for Australian...

I'm pleased to see that I've apparently rattled a few flat earth cages here!  The poor old flat earthers are starting to gang up against me LOL.  At last genuine science has obviously got them on the defensive.

Although you'd better be careful sceptimatic;  this is not the first time that cikljamas sucked up to you.  Next thing you know, he'll be looking for a good arse reaming from you.    ;D
Are you getting paranoid, Geoffrey?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 05:56:45 AM »

1. They are simply shills who are paid to infiltrate forums to make sure that flat Earth numbers do not grow..

blah...blah

tldr
:D

If you actually believe this, then I fear for you mental health.  Who the hell would pay people to come and piss around on some half-dead forum at the arse end of the internet?  You do realise that the actual FES members don't actually think the world is flat, don't you?

Anyway, if anyone is being paid to open this forum up to ridicule, it must be you.  Your ridiculous blatherings about "ice domes" and "super glowing crystals" make it look like it is inhabited by patients from a psychiatric unit.
Don't worry about my mental health, I'll deal with that. You carry on blabbering on and getting all irate when you can't find anyway to rattle cages. I normally look forward to those little rants.

You probably admire me really, as I admire anyone who has the ability to think logically about the crap they've had to swallow throughout theiir lives - who now can decipher some truths among the spaghetti junction of mis-information that hits them in the face on a by now, hourly basis from the media.

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2014, 06:23:47 AM »
Those who think the Earth is round most often simply believe what they have been told without any attempt to understand why.

How is this any different than how people who think the Earth is flat?

No one on this forum has done any sort of experiment to determine the shape of the Earth. They have listened to others who believe the Earth is flat and now they believe it.

It's no different than the brainwashing you accuse the "round earthers" of.......it's just that there are less of you.
You did not ask me for logic.  You asked for my opinion. - Jroa

?

QuQu

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2014, 07:46:40 AM »
and even received DEATH threats.

You are still alive???? Sorry we missed you. I'll check with my NASA/CIA supervisors and we will correct this very soon. Meanwhile go to notary and prepare your last will.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2014, 07:50:14 AM »
Those who think the Earth is round most often simply believe what they have been told without any attempt to understand why.

This is very, very, very, very different:

1. How about carefully observing Sun's path in the sky (i did it myself, anyone can do that, it's easy) : http://www.energeticforum.com/256670-post75.html

2. Take a model of a globe, put it on a table, and check this for yourself (i did it myself, and you can consider it as a 100 % proven fact) :

According to RET when the Earth is closest to the Sun (in January (closer for 5 000 000 km than it is in July)) due to the alleged Earth's tilt, the Southern hemisphere is more exposed (than Northern hemisphere) to the Sun's sharp ("more vertical") rays, so we enjoy Summer in the South and Winter in the North and vice versa.

But, what scatters wet RET dreams is the fact that in January we have deadly synergy of the two important factors: the first factor: significant decrease of the distance between the Earth (which is closer for 5 000 000 km than it is in July) and the Sun; and the second factor: Sun's ("more vertical") rays hit the Southern Hemisphere under sharper angles comparing it with Northern hemisphere. But these sharper angles are the very same angles under which Sun's rays hit the Northern Hemisphere in July. So, why then in January in Southern hemisphere isn't 3 % (150 000 000 / 5 000 000) hotter than it is in July in Northern hemisphere? .........Don't forget: The angles are the same!!!

If the Earth were round and so far away from the Sun we would have to deal with the same problem (significant temperature differences between North and South) in Winter time also, that is to say, in July when the Earth is farthest from the Sun, Southern hemisphere this time should be tilted away from the Sun which would again have deadly impact for Southerners who would instantly freeze to death if southern-winter temperatures were this time 3 % lower comparing them with the northern-winter temperatures. Don't forget: The angles are still the same!!!

Just in case that you are not aware of a significance of that percentage (3%):

"If the Sun were 5% closer, then the water would boil up from the oceans and if the Sun were just 1% farther away, then the oceans would freeze, and that gives you just some idea of the knife edge we are on."

According to RET Southern Hemisphere should be completely uninhabitable!!!

3. Check this out (The equation of time issue - deadly flaw in HC theory) : http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1637435#msg1637435

4. The Earth is at rest: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1638336#msg1638336

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1638696#msg1638696

5. Polaris issue : http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1638260#msg1638260

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1638210#msg1638210

6. Circular reasoning problem : http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1638245#msg1638245

7.  Horizon problem (you need two (even one would suffice) eyes and a little brains to be able to understand this simple explanation) : http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1639211#msg1639211

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=62199.msg1639362#msg1639362

In addition:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:53:18 AM by cikljamas »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2014, 08:07:30 AM »

1. How about carefully observing Sun's path in the sky (i did it myself, anyone can do that, it's easy) : http://www.energeticforum.com/256670-post75.html

2. Take a model of a globe, put it on a table, and check this for yourself (i did it myself, and you can consider it as a 100 % proven fact) :

According to RET when the Earth is closest to the Sun (in January (closer for 5 000 000 km than it is in July)) due to the alleged Earth's tilt, the Southern hemisphere is more exposed (than Northern hemisphere) to the Sun's sharp ("more vertical") rays, so we enjoy Summer in the South and Winter in the North and vice versa.

But, what scatters wet RET dreams is the fact that in January we have deadly synergy of the two important factors: the first factor: significant decrease of the distance between the Earth (which is closer for 5 000 000 km than it is in July) and the Sun; and the second factor: Sun's ("more vertical") rays hit the Southern Hemisphere under sharper angles comparing it with Northern hemisphere. But these sharper angles are the very same angles under which Sun's rays hit the Northern Hemisphere in July. So, why then in January in Southern hemisphere isn't 3 % (150 000 000 / 5 000 000) hotter than it is in July in Northern hemisphere? .........Don't forget: The angles are the same!!!

If the Earth were round and so far away from the Sun we would have to deal with the same problem (significant temperature differences between North and South) in Winter time also, that is to say, in July when the Earth is farthest from the Sun, Southern hemisphere this time should be tilted away from the Sun which would again have deadly impact for Southerners who would instantly freeze to death if southern-winter temperatures were this time 3 % lower comparing them with the northern-winter temperatures. Don't forget: The angles are still the same!!!

"If the Sun were 5% closer, then the water would boil up from the oceans and if the Sun were just 1% farther away, then the oceans would freeze, and that gives you just some idea of the knife edge we are on."

Do you think temperatures on Earth only depend on the distance of the sun?

Well that was unexpected.  Why?

Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2014, 08:38:38 AM »

<re-warmed stuff already dealt with before>

Been there, done that. None of these arguments is new. Not everyone's memory is as short as yours.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2014, 08:45:29 AM »
" The nearer the Sun gets to the Pole star, the earlier it rises, the higher it reaches at noon, and the later it sets. This apparenl independent motion of the Sun, therefore, seems to account for longer and shorter days, and the whole phenomena of the seasons, but why the Sun lags as described, or why it moves northerly and southerly at alternate periods, there ii no apparent evidence. On the supposition that the world is a globe rotating against the Sun, and revolving round that luminary, it is impossible to account for what Mr. Russell calls the lagging movement of the Sun. But, on a flat surface, like the world is known to be, there is no assumption needed to account for it. As I have shown the Earth is a stretched-out structure, which diverges from the Central north in all directions toward the south. The Equator, being mid-way between the north centre and the southern circumference, divides the course of the Sun into north and south declinations. The longest circle round the world which the Sun makes, is when it has reached its greatest southern declination. Gradually going northward the circle is contracted. In about three months after the southern extremity of its path has been reached, the Sun makes a circle round the Equator. Still pursuing a northerly course as it goes round and above the world, in another three months the greatest northern declination is reached, when the Sun again begins to go towards the south. In northern latitudes when the Sun is going north, it rises earlier each day, is higher at noon, and sets later; while in southern latitudes, at the same time, the Sun, as a matter of course, rises later; reaches a lesser altitude at noon and sets earlier. In northern latitudes during the southern summer, say from September to December, the Sun rises later each day, is lower at noon, and sets earlier; while in the south he rises earlier, reaches a higher altitude at noon, and sets later each day. This movement round the Earth daily is the cause of the alternation of day and night; while his northern and southern courses produce the Seasons. When the Sun is south of the Equator it is summer in the south and winter in the north, and vice-versa. The fact of the alternation of the Seasons flatly contradicts the Newtonian delusion that the Earth revolves in an orbit round the Sun. It 'is said that summer is caused by the Earth being nearer the Sun, and winter by its being farthest from the Sun. But, if the reader will follow the argument in any text-book, he will see that according to the theory, when the Earth is nearest the Sun there must be summer in both northern and southern latitudes; and in like manner when it is farthest from the Sun it must be winter all over the Earth at the same time, because the whole of the globe-earth would be farthest from the Sun ! ! ! In short it is impossible to account for the recurrence of the Seasons on the assumption that the Earth is globular, and that it revolves in an orbit round the Sun."

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 08:50:19 AM »

Do you think temperatures on Earth only depend on the distance of the sun?
cikljamas forgets - or more likely never thought of it - that, for the same reason the Earth is closer to the Sun during the southern summer, the Earth is moving faster in its orbit, making the summer summer shorter than the northern summer. The time between the September and March equinoxes is about 7.5 days shorter (about 4%) than the time between the March and September equinoxes. I haven't done the math but I expect these effects will balance out. cikljamas (or anyone else) can run the numbers if he knows enough math to figure out how, if he thinks it will "prove" something.

Well that was unexpected.  Why?
The heliocentric model makes no such claim.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 09:00:29 AM »
" The nearer the Sun gets to the Pole star, the earlier it rises, the higher it reaches at noon, and the later it sets. ...
Are you quoting Rowbotham again? This sounds like him.

The fact of the alternation of the Seasons flatly contradicts the Newtonian delusion that the Earth revolves in an orbit round the Sun. It 'is said that summer is caused by the Earth being nearer the Sun, and winter by its being farthest from the Sun.
Who says this?

But, if the reader will follow the argument in any text-book, he will see that according to the theory, when the Earth is nearest the Sun there must be summer in both northern and southern latitudes; and in like manner when it is farthest from the Sun it must be winter all over the Earth at the same time, because the whole of the globe-earth would be farthest from the Sun ! ! ! In short it is impossible to account for the recurrence of the Seasons on the assumption that the Earth is globular, and that it revolves in an orbit round the Sun."
Wow! Is this the mother of all straw man arguments?

Which textbooks say this? None written in this century or the last, I hope. If any exist, anyone who approves them for use in schools needs to be immediately sacked.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 10:34:54 AM »
The point of the above quote is this : if the sun were that big and at that distance there would be no change of seasons because the sun’s rays would reach both hemispheres with equal volume regardless of its position north or south in relation to the equator.

Your problem is that you (or any other HC in the world) are not able (whatsoever) to refer adequately to this major flaw in HC theory:

Above very illustrative and clear argument presents an irrefutable confirmation of a trueness of above assertion which i repeat:

The point of the above quote is this : if the sun were that big and at that distance there would be no change of seasons because the sun’s rays would reach both hemispheres with equal volume regardless of its position north or south in relation to the equator.

To be nervous, that's all that's left, sorry! Time for retraction!

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 01:03:18 PM »

Your problem is that you (or any other HC in the world) are not able (whatsoever) to refer adequately to this major flaw in HC theory:

Above very illustrative and clear argument presents an irrefutable confirmation of a trueness of above assertion which i repeat:

To be nervous, that's all that's left, sorry! Time for retraction!
In one place (two, actually, but one may just be a copy-paste instead of cut-paste error) you claim no change of seasons due to sun's position north or south of the equator. In another, you say

"But these sharper angles are the very same angles under which Sun's rays hit the Northern Hemisphere in July. So, why then in January in Southern hemisphere isn't 3 % (150 000 000 / 5 000 000) hotter than it is in July in Northern hemisphere? .........Don't forget: The angles are the same!!!"

This implies you think those angles are what make the difference. So which is it? How does the southern hemisphere being exposed to the high-angle sun for less time affect your theory of overheating the south?

Oh, yes, citation needed for "If the Sun were 5% closer, then the water would boil up from the oceans and if the Sun were just 1% farther away, then the oceans would freeze".

Following up on questions from the previous post:

No comment on the source of the text in this post? Is it Rowbotham?

Where does the Heliocentric model state that seasons are due to the Earth's the distance from the Sun?

What textbooks say this?

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
Come on Alpha2Omega, stop playing stupid games (as you always do) and just briefly explain us due to WHAT (exactly) are the seasons in HC model? Hardly can wait to see your answer...

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2014, 02:39:41 PM »
Come on Alpha2Omega, stop playing stupid games (as you always do) and just briefly explain us due to WHAT (exactly) are the seasons in HC model? Hardly can wait to see your answer...

Man this isn't very fair is it?

Seasons are caused by the axial tilt of the Earth.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2014, 03:10:18 PM »

Bravo Columbo, now how come that despite a deadly synergy Southerners are still alive?

If you didn't understand, deadly synergy is about this:

1. In January (southern summer) the Earth is allegedly :
A) closer to the Sun 5 000 000 km than in June
B) Southern "hemisphere" is tilted towards the Sun

2. In June (southern winter) the Earth is allegedly:
A) farther from the Sun 5 000 000 than in January
B) Southern "hemisphere" is tilted away from the Sun

Get it?

If you still don't get it, try to compare above "deadly synergy" theoretical (since it doesn't exist in reality) case with another theoretical case which concerns northern "hemisphere". Let's call it "moderate situation" case...

1. In January the Earth is allegedly:
A) closer to the Sun
B) BUT Northern "hemisphere" is tilted away from the Sun

So B ("tilted away") cancels out A (closer to the Sun) and there is no deadly synergy

2. In June the Earth is allegedly:
A) farther from the Sun
B) BUT Northern "hemisphere" is tilted towards the Sun

So B ("tilted towards") cancels out A (farther away from the Sun) and there is no deadly synergy AGAIN!!!

HOWEVER, IN REALITY THERE IS NO SUCH DISCREPANCY (WHATSOEVER), BETWEEN NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN SEASONS!!!

No one can refute this striking argument against HC and RET!!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:11:50 PM by cikljamas »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2014, 03:28:47 PM »
I only need to see a sunrise or sunset to know the earth is round.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2014, 03:56:32 PM »

Yep. He's got it. Simple, really - I think I learned this in 4th or 5th grade. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Bravo Columbo, now how come that despite a deadly synergy Southerners are still alive?

If you didn't understand, deadly synergy is about this:

1. In January (southern summer) the Earth is allegedly :
A) closer to the Sun 5 000 000 km than in June
B) Southern "hemisphere" is tilted towards the Sun

2. In June (southern winter) the Earth is allegedly:
A) farther from the Sun 5 000 000 than in January
B) Southern "hemisphere" is tilted away from the Sun

Get it?

Yes, yes...  you made this abundantly clear long ago. I do like the "deadly synergy" term, though. Very colorful. Did you make it up?

If you still don't get it, try to compare above "deadly synergy" theoretical (since it doesn't exist in reality) case with another theoretical case which concerns northern "hemisphere". Let's call it "moderate situation" case...

1. In January the Earth is allegedly:
A) closer to the Sun
B) BUT Northern "hemisphere" is tilted away from the Sun

So B ("tilted away") cancels out A (closer to the Sun) and there is no deadly synergy

2. In June the Earth is allegedly:
A) farther from the Sun
B) BUT Northern "hemisphere" is tilted towards the Sun

So B ("tilted towards") cancels out A (farther away from the Sun) and there is no deadly synergy AGAIN!!!

HOWEVER, IN REALITY THERE IS NO SUCH DISCREPANCY (WHATSOEVER), BETWEEN NORTHERN AND SOUTHERN SEASONS!!!

Well, there are some "discrepancies", as you call them. The southern summer is slightly shorter than the northern summer, and  insolation is slightly greater during the southern summer. These two factors are related; earth moves fastest in its orbit when closer to the Sun. So if you have one, you must have the other. Get it?

Since you don't mention it, maybe you missed where this was brought up earlier today. As already mentioned in that post, I think these will cancel out (slightly hotter but for a slightly shorter time, slightly less hot but for a slightly longer time). Feel free to do a detailed analysis if you know how.

No one can refute this striking argument against HC and RET!!!

Done!

No games, stupid or otherwise, here!

Do you have a citation for the oceans boiling/oceans freezing scenarios you brought up today and a few weeks ago? You seem to have missed that request, too.

And which textbooks say the seasons are due to distance from the Sun? This is the third time I've asked. I think your earlier post said all textbooks do, so that one should be easy.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 03:07:26 AM »
"None written in this century or the last, I hope."

None written in this century, that is correct, what is written in this century is this: http://www.energeticforum.com/258318-post199.html (BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!)

“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (Joh 10:10)

Satan came, and stole your reason, killed your sanity, and destroyed your minds!

All of the following citations comes from a pen of deluded & insane heliocentrists:

1. If any one of these conditions were slightly higher or lower, life on Earth would cease to exist. For example, the Earth is at a very specific distance from the sun. Malcolm Bowden says, "If it were 5% closer, then the water would boil up from the oceans and if it were just 1% farther away, then the oceans would freeze, and that gives you just some idea of the knife edge we are on." Dr. Duane Gish says, "If the Earth's diameter were 7,200 miles, instead of 8,000, then almost the whole Earth, due to a lessening of the atmospheric mantle, would be reduced to snow and ice waste."  Source: http://www.creationencounter.com/space/finetuning.php

2. The most important factor affecting the surface temperature of the earth is obviously the distance from the sun. If the earth were moved a few million miles closer to the sun, the surface of the earth would become warmer causing our glaciers to melt. With a decrease in the area of ice the total reflectivity of our planet's surface would thereby decrease and more of the sun's heat would be absorbed. The melting of glaciers would produce a rise of sea level, and, apart from flooding most of our modern cities, would create a larger total ocean surface area. Since seawater absorbs larger amounts of solar radiation than equal area land masses, heating of the earth would again be promoted. Furthermore, after increasing the temperature of the oceans, much of the ocean's dissolved carbon dioxide would be added to the atmosphere along with large amounts of water due to increased evaporation. The increased carbon dioxide and water vapor level of the atmosphere would again bring about a significant temperature rise. All things considered, a minor decrease in the sun's distance would have a drastic heating effect on the earth's surface.

What would happen if the earth were a few million miles farther from the sun? The reverse of the previous situation applies. We would have more of our planet covered by ice, with associated increased reflectivity of the sun's heat. The ocean would cover less of the earth's surface and the important process of absorption of heat by seawater would be decreased. Since the ocean would be colder, evaporation would be less with less heat-trapping water vapor in the atmosphere. Much of the carbon dioxide from the atmosphere would become dissolved in the colder ocean. Calculations show that a decrease of carbon dioxide in the air to just one-half of its present level would lower the average temperature of the earth's surface by about 7.0 degrees Fahrenheit! Thus, increasing the sun's distance would have a profound cooling effect on our planet.

3. Yes, its true if we were only slightly further away from the sun or only slightly closer that we would suffer massive climate change.
Look at the seasons. The change in the seasons is very clear to see and practically all life on Earth is tuned into them and has ways to survive them.
The seasons are a result of the Earth not being perfectly straight in its axis, it wobbles slightly "side to side" with the north being closer to the sun at one point and the south being closer at the other point in the year.
This is also why when its summer in the UK its winter in Australia for example.

So the change from summer to winter is just a simple wobble of the Earth on its axis... thats only a few thousand km difference in distance and yet it causes a large climate change.

Should the Earth move a sizable distance, say 1million km forward or backward, the effect would be catastrophic to life on Earth. Humanity could probably survive the harsher weather but the other animals would not... therefore we would have no food sources and would eventually die anyway.

4. #t=2m31s" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">#t=2m31s
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:09:31 AM by cikljamas »

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2014, 03:41:44 AM »
So your sources are people like Duane Gish and Malcolm Bowden whose research comes down to "bible says". Got it.