Is JROA smarter than all those Google engineers?

• 73 Replies
?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
Re: Is JROA smarter than all those Google engineers?
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 12:08:00 PM »

Then, why do you RE'ers constantly try to say things like, "we have seen it from outer space?"

Oh dear... this is getting tedious.  When round earthers say "we" in this sort of scenario, we mean the hundreds of astronauts from all countries over the world who have physically seen the spherical earth from space.  "We" as in mankind.

You really need to stop reading things so literally jroa.  It's becoming your downfall in these debates.

How is it my downfall?  Is anything that goes against your supposed beliefs a person's downfall?

Stop misinterpreting things jroa. You purposefully take phrases in such a way to be a prick, even when it is clear what another commenter meant. I'm confident that you are capable of understanding what they mean because I actually don't think you're a moron, but that you just take it out of context just to waste everyone's time.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »
you just take it out of context just to waste everyone's time.

I am sorry for wasting your time at the Flat Earth Society.  I did not realize your time was so valuable.  ::)

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 12:14:35 PM »
you just take it out of context just to waste everyone's time.

I am sorry for wasting your time at the Flat Earth Society.  I did not realize your time was so valuable.  ::)

touché

ausGeoff

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »
How is it my downfall?  Is anything that goes against your supposed beliefs a person's downfall?

Nope.  It's not that your beliefs are different than mine jroa.  In fact, it's those sorts of differences that keep us both on our toes, and if everyone on the planet agreed absolutely with everyone else, it'd be a pretty boring place to live.  It's that you seem to follow a fairly predictable set of traits whenever you're responding to people (not just me, but to all round earthers).

You take things very literally and respond accordingly.  You're very pedantic, and often focus your response on one single word of someone's comment.  Your responses all to often are rhetorical, and invariably end with a "?".  You like to shift the burden of proof, or the onus of providing an answer, back onto the questioner instead of providing an answer of your own.  You also seem to willfully ignore the differences between an abstract construct (or a thought experiment) and objective evidence.  Or is this all just a game to you?  Hmmm?

And I know it's virtually impossible to assess somebody else's nature and motivation from a gazillion 1's and 0's in cyberspace, but that's just how you strike me, particularly, and obviously, as I've never met you.

Having said all that, I'm sure that were we to meet in the real world, we'd probably enjoy chewing the cud over a couple of beers.  And I'd guess the conversation about our planet would certainly be a lengthy one LOL.  So maybe a dozen or more beers?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 01:59:24 PM »
I am the one being tedious, I know.

So I am repeating this since I didn't get an answer the first time. LOL.

"Going back ages ago, it seems now. About my first old post about the ham radio "Moon Bounce" and the computations of the distance from the earth to the moon as approximately 238,150 miles. Do you think, jroa  that was just "something I made up in my head and is not necessarily reality." "
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
Why do these engineers believe they know the shape of the Earth?  They have never been to space to see it, after all.

Do you believe that the only way anyone can prove a scientific fact is visually with one's own eyes? Do you think that J.J. Thomson saw electrons with his own eyes when he discovered them in 1897?  He did not.  He inferred the existence of the electron based on experiments that he performed.

Then, why do you RE'ers constantly try to say things like, "we have seen it from outer space?"

RE'ers say this because numerous astronauts and satellites have seen Earth from outer space.  But let's get back to the specific question I just asked and to which you did not respond:  do you believe that the only way to prove a scientific fact is to literally see it with your own eyes?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

ausGeoff

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 04:47:23 PM »
If I recall, he simply said "I have 13", and didn't follow with the words "academic credentials" or "qualifications" in the same sentence. 

Maybe sceptimatic was referring to active brain cells?  Or is that being overly generous considering the evidence to the contrary?    ;D

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 06:10:12 PM »
If I recall, he simply said "I have 13", and didn't follow with the words "academic credentials" or "qualifications" in the same sentence. 

Maybe sceptimatic was referring to active brain cells?  Or is that being overly generous considering the evidence to the contrary?    ;D

Maybe sceptimatic was referring to 13 kindergarten teachers ? But that might be overly generous considering the evidence of the extent of his knowledge ?

Chorus:

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2014, 01:59:25 AM »
I am the one being tedious, I know.

So I am repeating this since I didn't get an answer the first time. LOL.

"Going back ages ago, it seems now. About my first old post about the ham radio "Moon Bounce" and the computations of the distance from the earth to the moon as approximately 238,150 miles. Do you think, jroa  that was just "something I made up in my head and is not necessarily reality." "

As was explained to you numerous times in that thread by numerous people, I think you are simply misinterpreting the data. 

?

guv

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2014, 02:06:01 AM »
Is there some debate about the the speed of light.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2014, 02:08:40 AM »
Is there some debate about the the speed of light.

The speed of light is only constant when the medium it is travelling through remains constant.  From the Earth to the moon, the medium is constantly changing. 

?

guv

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2014, 02:21:41 AM »
Speed of light in air.
air at 0 °C and 1 atm pressure :
about 299704644.53915 metres per second
It only goes through air or vacuum. The difference would make it look further away.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2014, 03:54:43 AM »
Are you now claiming that the medium the light is travelling through does not change as the laser travels from the Earth to the moon?  Perhaps you would like to argue with your RE scientists? 

?

guv

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2014, 04:22:10 AM »
As I always do I will real slow jroa. Between here and the moon there is some air and some vacuum. Light goes a little slower in air. This would make the round trip time longer, ie not good for 3000 mile trip. Tripping was fun a long time ago, have fun.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 04:24:36 AM »
As I always do I will real slow jroa. Between here and the moon there is some air and some vacuum. Light goes a little slower in air. This would make the round trip time longer, ie not good for 3000 mile trip. Tripping was fun a long time ago, have fun.

I am glad that you agree with me that Googleotomy is wrong.  Thanks. 

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 08:36:12 AM »
Are you now claiming that the medium the light is travelling through does not change as the laser travels from the Earth to the moon?  Perhaps you would like to argue with your RE scientists?
They are your scientists as well.

ausGeoff

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2014, 11:49:55 AM »
Are you now claiming that the medium the light is travelling through does not change as the laser travels from the Earth to the moon?
Okay.  The earth's atmospheric limb is extremely thin in proportion to the total distance from the earth to the moon.  500km versus 384,000 km, or a bit over 0.10 per cent.  Therefore any slight variation in the averaged speed of light from the moon is mathematically negligible.

If you disagree with this, can you please calculate exactly how much the speed of light decreases whilst travelling through a hypothetical 500km of air?

Perhaps you would like to argue with your RE scientists?
Your use of the term your "RE scientists" is meaningless jroa.  As inquisitive has already pointed out, there is only one type of scientist.  When you have a chest X-ray or a blood test or an MRI, do you check to ensure that its supporting science was not developed by a so-called round earth scientist, or are you quite happy to accept round earth science under those conditions?

Put simply, when it comes to the crunch, I'm guessing that you'd be more than happy to fully accept round earth science when it could be a matter of life or death.  Or do you demand that all your treating practitioners accept so-called flat earth science before they lay hands on you?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:09:30 PM by ausGeoff »

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 12:26:58 PM »

My information was obtained from ham radio operators on the "Moon Bounce" operations.
Are you saying that all the ham radio operators are wrong?
And for that matter that all the laser measurements made by the observatories are wrong ?
It seems to me that there is a bit of a difference between 238,150 miles and 3,000 miles ? My math is a bit limited, but it seems to be that one of those figures has to be wrong ?

Chorus:

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2014, 05:21:51 AM »

My information was obtained from ham radio operators on the "Moon Bounce" operations.
And for that matter that all the laser measurements made by the observatories are wrong ?
It seems to me that there is a bit of a difference between 238,150 miles and 3,000 miles ? My math is a bit limited, but it seems to be that one of those figures has to be wrong ?

This thread is not about moon bounces.  That thread died a long time ago.  This thread is about me being smarter than Google Engineers. 

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2014, 06:06:00 AM »
jroa, now that you have brought this thread back on topic, please answer my question:  do you believe that the only way to prove a scientific fact is to literally see it with your own eyes?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2014, 06:10:10 AM »
jroa, now that you have brought this thread back on topic, please answer my question:  do you believe that the only way to prove a scientific fact is to literally see it with your own eyes?

No, of course not.  However, I do believe that you can't just believe everything you are told, even from scientific authorities. 

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2014, 06:29:34 AM »

No, of course not.  However, I do believe that you can't just believe everything you are told, even from scientific authorities.

I'm glad to hear you don't think we have to see something with out own eyes to believe it's true.  But that was your argument earlier in this thread when you said "Why do these [Google] engineers believe they know the shape of the Earth?  They have never been to space to see it, after all."  Then you said "Oh, that is right, they learned it in school, just like everyone else."

So do you believe that although these engineers are smart enough to have created some of the greatest computer programs of all time, when it comes to the shape of the Earth, all of a sudden they become gullible and reluctant to question conventional wisdom?  Where do you think Google and the Internet would be if people like Google's engineers didn't constantly question the status quo and push technological and scientific boundaries? 

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2014, 06:38:06 AM »

I'm glad to hear you don't think we have to see something with out own eyes to believe it's true.  But that was your argument earlier in this thread when you said "Why do these [Google] engineers believe they know the shape of the Earth?  They have never been to space to see it, after all."  Then you said "Oh, that is right, they learned it in school, just like everyone else."

So do you believe that although these engineers are smart enough to have created some of the greatest computer programs of all time, when it comes to the shape of the Earth, all of a sudden they become gullible and reluctant to question conventional wisdom?  Where do you think Google and the Internet would be if people like Google's engineers didn't constantly question the status quo and push technological and scientific boundaries? 

First of all, are you claiming that Google either invented Google Earth or the internet?  Because they did not do either. 

Secondly, are you claiming that Google Engineers have some sort of knowledge about the shape of the Earth that is not taught to everyone else who has an education?  Surely you can't believe this is true. 

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2014, 08:41:36 AM »

First of all, are you claiming that Google either invented Google Earth or the internet?  Because they did not do either. 

Secondly, are you claiming that Google Engineers have some sort of knowledge about the shape of the Earth that is not taught to everyone else who has an education?  Surely you can't believe this is true.
Where is that claim?  You are twisting statements as usual.  Google took over the original company.

Clearly Google Earth engineers will have greater knowledge than that taught in schools, being the professionals in their field.

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2014, 08:53:59 AM »

As usual, you have attempted to avoid answering the question by asking me for an unnecessary clarification of my question.  So here is my question once again:

Do you believe that although these Google engineers are smart enough to have created some of the greatest computer programs of all time, when it comes to the shape of the Earth, all of a sudden they become gullible and reluctant to question conventional wisdom?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2014, 09:02:54 AM »
And, once again, I will give you an answer.  They know just as much about the shape of the Earth as anyone else who went to college.  Do the people who created WoW know more about the shape of the Earth than you or I?  Obviously not.

They did not even invent Google Earth.  So what is your point?

Why should they be held higher than other engineers?  Just because they can stitch photos together to make it seem like a ball?  Please...

« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2014, 09:23:24 AM »
And, once again, I will give you an answer.  They know just as much about the shape of the Earth as anyone else who went to college.  Do the people who created WoW know more about the shape of the Earth than you or I?  Obviously not.

Why should they be held higher than other engineers?  Just because they can stitch photos together to make it seem like a ball?  Please...
Why would they not know more about a subject after working in it for many years after college?

The company that invented Google Earth was taken over by Google.  It matters not if it was invented by Google or became Google later.  The intellectual property now belongs to Google.

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2014, 09:24:56 AM »

My point is this: Google engineers are very smart people and they believe the Earth is round.  You believe the Earth is flat.  You can't both be right.  So either the Google engineers are gullible/stupid or you are.  Which is it?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2014, 09:39:45 AM »

This thread is not about moon bounces.  That thread died a long time ago.  This thread is about me being smarter than Google Engineers.

This thread is about who is the liar.

Either the moon bouncers  and google engineers are wrong and are liars . I was speaking for the ham radio operators and jroa is saying I am wrong in quoting their results.

Or that jroa is wrong and is a liar in claiming he is smarter than all the other combined engineers and scientists in the world.

The more jroa gets backed into a corner, the funnier it gets. LOL.
I think you should quit, jroa, while you are still ahead.....Well maybe you should quit before you get much further behind.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 09:51:45 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2014, 09:42:33 AM »

This thread is about who is the liar. Either the moon bouncers and and google engineers are liars and jroa is smarter than they are. Or that jroa is a liar in claiming he is smarter than all the other combined engineers and scientists in the world.

lol, I never claimed that I was smarter than all the other combined engineers and scientists in the world.  Perhaps you are having one of your dementia episodes?