?

Goth

NASA,' Engineers and technicians
« on: November 12, 2014, 07:21:39 AM »

?

BJ1234

Re: NASA,' Engineers and technicians
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 07:44:38 AM »
Did you have any sort of commentary about the video?  What is the point even?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 08:46:13 AM »
And all I ask is a tall ship and a bubble of urine to steer her by
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 09:10:13 AM »
#" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">F**K OFF NASA

No legacy is so rich as honesty.
;D ;D ;D

The computer said " don't worry, that's just a blob of urine. Hahahahaha.
Oh man, that one gets me every time.

Isn't technology brilliant. You line up your instrument on a star and the computer shouts. Yep, that's the star you think it is, it's not floating piss. Hahahahaha.

I can just picture the same computer jumping into action during sleeping hours to shout, " don't worry, you don't have a toxic gas leak, buzz has just shit the bed."  ;D

This is what his words should have been.

"So what happens is, the actors pretend to look through this totally useless contraption, then we simply make up a complete load of old bollocks about how amazing the computer technology was in those days, because, let's face it, you lot are so naive and gullible, it makes sense to just feed you hilarious crap for our own enjoyment, that even in the future will still have wannabe scientists dribbling blobs of urine down their trouser legs when we tell them a whole new bag of bullshit science."

" Don't be worried, that's not a star, it's a blob of urine." Hahahahahaha. Honestly I have to give the presenter his due. he managed to keep a straight face.  ;D

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 09:29:45 AM »

Isn't technology brilliant. You line up your instrument on a star and the computer shouts. Yep, that's the star you think it is, it's not floating piss. Hahahahaha.
I doubt that the computer was smart enough to say that they were looking at a blob of urine.  My guess is that the computer just said that that wasn't the star that they thought that it was and the astronauts later identified it as a urine blob.

"So what happens is, the actors pretend to look through this totally useless contraption, then we simply make up a complete load of old bollocks about how amazing the computer technology was in those days, because, let's face it, you lot are so naive and gullible, it makes sense to just feed you hilarious crap for our own enjoyment, that even in the future will still have wannabe scientists dribbling blobs of urine down their trouser legs when we tell them a whole new bag of bullshit science."
You do realize that not everything during the mission was televised, don't you?  Why would they make up a such story if it was never going to be shown?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 09:39:17 AM »

I doubt that the computer was smart enough to say that they were looking at a blob of urine.  My guess is that the computer just said that that wasn't the star that they thought that it was and the astronauts later identified it as a urine blob.

You do realize that not everything during the mission was televised, don't you?  Why would they make up a such story if it was never going to be shown?
The very same reason they make up all the other stories. Don't even bother trying to defend this with me. I know for a fact you can see the bullshit and simply play devils advocate.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »

The very same reason they make up all the other stories. Don't even bother trying to defend this with me. I know for a fact you can see the bullshit and simply play devils advocate.

You should probably reacquaint yourself with the definition of fact.  I will help you out: it is not spelled b-e-l-i-e-v-e.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 07:14:11 PM »
The very same reason they make up all the other stories.
What reason is that?

Don't even bother trying to defend this with me.
True, you have proven to be impervious to intelligent debate.

I know for a fact you can see the bullshit and simply play devils advocate.
Yes, I can see quite clearly that your arguments are pure bullshit.

ausGeoff

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 10:20:35 AM »

It's truly incredible how regularly and completely sceptimatic can reduce every major scientific event to the level of a kiddie's fairy story.

Are any of the twelve books you've written children's stories by any chance?

ausGeoff

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »
Okay.  So no kiddies' books than.

What about adult books (and no, I do not mean "those" kind) sceptimatic?

Any science texts?  Physics?  Astronomy?  Critiques of Newton or Einstein or Aristotle maybe?  Possibly a brief debunking of Stephen Hawking's theories?